Japanese Site Reveals Series 2 and 3 DLCs

12 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Starsphere requires collecting all 12 Star Shards and a Black Pearl. To my understanding anyway. Not too sure why the Black Pearl is needed, but I guess whoever is making the Starsphere isn't as skilled as Gotoh in Mystery of the Emblem.

So do the solo Star Shards function the same as in Mystery, just raising growth rates, or ? I'm just about to pick up the Goddess Gift 3 and I'm not sure what the Taurus's purpose would be.

The Gold Marks are going towards another Gradivus though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

So do the solo Star Shards function the same as in Mystery, just raising growth rates, or ? I'm just about to pick up the Goddess Gift 3 and I'm not sure what the Taurus's purpose would be.

The Gold Marks are going towards another Gradivus though.

Yeah, they boost growths like in the original Mystery of the Emblem (not the remake). Forgot to add them to the site.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

This is really minor, but the class names are meant to be sound ridiculous. For those unaware, anything that isn't Japanese sounds cool if you're Japanese. Most likely some of them will be retooled for the English version.

As someone who comes from a small country where people can't get enough of English even though a majority of the population speaks it rather well, this is actually the worst.

*Cries linguistically*

Kinda sucks about the new memories and support convos (assuming they're the normal ones and not limited to the DLC map) being locked behind DLC. Anyone know if the memories are easy to find, and if both the memories and supports are accessible by Mila's Gear?

5 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Kinda sucks about the new memories and support convos (assuming they're the normal ones and not limited to the DLC map) being locked behind DLC. Anyone know if the memories are easy to find, and if both the memories and supports are accessible by Mila's Gear?

I'm afraid there's no more information beyond what you can see from the translated page or original page.

We'd have to wait for the DLC to drop. Or Nintendo to upload them to the servers for data-miners to grab.

Not a big fan of the tier 2 grinding dlcs. I'll buy them, but I just wish they had the dlc difficulty matched the story.

As for the over-classes, I like them for the most part, though the Spartan's shield annoys me and the Mach class looks meh. Wish the pegasus was black and not purple.

Finally, as for the story based DLC. I like the idea of it, but I wish they chose a different group to do or had some kind of Marth DLC. Though I do like how Mathilda and Clive have unique portraits in the first map and I hope the other Deliverance members do. 

Edited by Azz

13 minutes ago, Titamon said:

Locking support conversations behind dlc? 

Support Conversations as in, just for that DLC, not for the entire game.

6 hours ago, Ranger Jack Walker said:

Elephant mounts would not work. That's just silly. You need a mahout to actually guide the elephant and the actualy character riding on top.

It's fantasy. Single-man ballistas of the scale shown in other games don't work IRL, but there they were. 

40 minutes ago, Leif said:

Do we have any information regarding what skills or perks these over-classes offer?

See my previous post.

Basically, everything we currently know is found here.

We have to wait for the DLC to be released to figure out what's inside them.

I wonder if Alm and Celica will get new portraits with their overclasses. Neat detail I noticed is that Alm and Celica get new victory animations.

Holy shoot, Alm and Celica along with some of the other classes in those DLC Classes looks really awesome. And also, I do see Mathilda and Clive have an alternate portrait in their DLC maps. I do see that DLC class for the Pegasus line looked almost similar to the Dark Fliers from Awakening and Fates, but the Pegasus in that class appears to be more purplish than black. I do like the DLC classes for both Mages line, Mercenary line, and Cleric line also. And unlocking the new support conversations when completing those DLC maps is unexpected.

Edited by King Marth 64

21 minutes ago, Miatt said:

The price of this DLC is pretty expensive. 200 yen a single class?!

200 yen is about $1.78 for US (I don't know how much is European dollars/Euros was estimated around, I'm trying to look that up?). It's not that expensive and plus, there's no decimal for Yens. I did learned that in Japanese class.

Edit: I did managed to look up the estimate in Google Search: it's estimated about 1.63 Euros.

Edited by King Marth 64

OK, found a few things from Temple of the Stars 1.

I didn't notice that the data for the Starsphere is already available. Grants 30% to all growths except Res, where it gives 5%.

In Temple of the Stars 1, the highest drop rate for a Star Shard is 1.58%. I am assuming it's at least double that in 2, but I need to wait for the data.

Either way, it looks tough getting a full set of 12 shards.

BTW, looking at the drop data, it may be possible to get the Three Regalia in 2 if you're extremely lucky.

For a single class it is expensive. I mean, no additional map, and $1.78 the single class, and there is 10 of them.

1500 Yen for 10 class, I think it's really don't worth it.

24 minutes ago, Miatt said:

For a single class it is expensive. I mean, no additional map, and $1.78 the single class, and there is 10 of them.

1500 Yen for 10 class, I think it's really don't worth it.

But...but those designs, man! How can you say no to them?!? /s

Anyway, the new classes really looks cool. However, Support DLC locked kind of pisses me off. I mean, I'll still buy the story DLCs(which makes me an hypocrite, I think), but I'd hsve liked for the supports to be in the main game.

Just now, The Malign Knight said:

But...but those designs, man! How can you say no to them?!? /s

Anyway, the new classes really looks cool. However, Support DLC locked kind of pisses me off. I mean, I'll still buy the story DLCs(which makes me an hypocrite, I think), but I'd hsve liked for the supports to be in the main game.

Yeah, they're really nice, and yeah I'll buy them(already done with the pack actually). But it's Fire Emblem. In another game it the sort of things who can piss me off.

But even in awakening you had a map to play with the new classes.

9 hours ago, Ranger Jack Walker said:

Elephant mounts would not work. That's just silly. You need a mahout to actually guide the elephant and the actualy character riding on top.

It could work if said Elephant unit couldn't reclass. It might sound a little odd when leveling up, but think of that as the whole trio of elephant-attacker-driver improving together.

From a character perspective, there are a number of ways of spinning why these two always work together: lovers, friends, siblings, parent and child.

It also sounds like IS's DLC methods in decline. Charging money for classes and parceling them like costumes in other games. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with adding costume DLC to the next game.

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I'm afraid there's no more information beyond what you can see from the translated page or original page.

We'd have to wait for the DLC to drop. Or Nintendo to upload them to the servers for data-miners to grab.

Ahh, my bad. I saw them in the list of DLC when the update finished downloading, and thought that they could be played right away. Turns out that they just show up on the DLC screen if you bought the DLC 1~3 pack and are not really downloaded.

hhhuh, so, the overclass dlc is literally just buying new classes. Not even a map to go with it? That's super lame, though it does make sense. It always seemed weird that series 3 suddenly had a whopping 14 maps...but still. 2 bucks for a single class...

Real thoughts on the DLC, now: it's total bull.
I've never been a fan of grinding maps, but whatever. Awakening was alright as it was mostly fanservice and stuff like the Challenge Pack and Apathoesis provided nice end-game challenges to overcome. Fates' Hidden Truths was a sticking point, but the criticism there extends as much to the game's writing.
But this has no excuse.

They apparently didn't have time to improve so many aspects of Gaiden and apply some sort of story to Chapter 6, but they had time to make extra classes that they're charging for (without maps), as well as charging for what should've been bonus maps a la NME's BSFE maps, on top of cutting support conversations from the main game to put in it. This is Square Enix/Ubisoft tier of crap. IS was the first Nintendo developer studio to gravitate towards DLC, and now they're the first to likely head to rock bottom with it.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I've never been a fan of grinding maps, but whatever. Awakening was alright as it was mostly fanservice and stuff like the Challenge Pack and Apathoesis provided nice end-game challenges to overcome. Fates' Hidden Truths was a sticking point, but the criticism there extends as much to the game's writing.
But this has no excuse.

They apparently didn't have time to improve so many aspects of Gaiden and apply some sort of story to Chapter 6, but they had time to make extra classes that they're charging for (without maps), as well as charging for what should've been bonus maps a la NME's BSFE maps, on top of cutting support conversations from the main game to put in it. This is Square Enix/Ubisoft tier of crap. IS was the first Nintendo developer studio to gravitate towards DLC, and now they're the first to likely head to rock bottom with it.

Seriously this DLC is so weird especially in comparison to the other 2 games. Two sets of grinding dlc? Somehow the second set of grinding dlc is the hardest offered so its also, like, challenge dlc but not? 10 pieces of class DLC, but it's just the classes and they're sold separately for 200 yen. I wasn't the biggest fan of locking class dlc behind a map, but I was thinking more give you one of the class then do the map more to get more. Not just the classes, nothing else.

I don't have an issue with the prologue DLC. I doubt the support conversations were cut from the main game and are probably contextually related to the DLC itself.

24 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

But this has no excuse.

If you want IS doing Square Enix/Ubisoft/EA-tier DLC, then you'll see them doing stuff like locking entire chapters behind a paywall and charging a $60 season pass for it, that isn't permanent.

Given how Support conversations work in this game, the ones in the DLC will likely have to do with what's going in the prolouge. Outside of that context, it won't make sense.

The Class DLC doesn't bother me btw. Maps would've been nice but DLC Classes typically aren't that amazing to begin with.

Honestly, I'm getting reminded of the time the Breath of the Wild DLC was announced. A bunch of angry comments saying "game's incomplete, this is EA", etc.

As a rule of thumb, if you can play an entire game without it's DLC being shoved down your throat, then that's DLC done right.

Edited by Armagon