Fire Emblem: The Overthrow (A Fire Emblem 7 ROM Hack)

SoMorgan

STORY

For once, peace reigned supreme in the land of Elibe, until one fateful day, a young mage by the name of Marii, started the world down a path of destruction with no clear sign of stopping. In this game, you play as a young, stubborn girl who works only for the glory. Although, one day, when she meets a kindhearted mercenary from Bern, she found that the glories of war are not all that she dreamed. On a path of self-discovery, she stumbles upon a suspicious army of soldiers, one that wore the colors of ancients. 

Spoiler

She finds out that these are the servants of an evil Ostian Mage by the name of Marissa. She meets many powerful friends, and duels many powerful foes, only to find one goal that will end the peace.

And a Simple Request

So, if this story intrigues you, please let me know, as I have a few problems. I cannot code events for crap. I can sprite, at least, I think so, and I can write stories and dialogue and I know what I want the game to look like. The creative aspects are down. I just need help/a coder who is willing to assist me with this. If this offer interests you, please, feel free to PM me so we can discuss details.

8 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Eventing is easier than art. You're better off learning how to do it, because most of the people who can event already have their own project.

Would you have any suggestions for who to ask for art? Like whoever did the portraits for SoA is probably a good idea.

7 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

Would you have any suggestions for who to ask for art? Like whoever did the portraits for SoA is probably a good idea.

I wouldn't even worry about art until you actually have something concrete to show people. Ideas are a dime a dozen and people want to see something before they commit to working on it.

9 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

I wouldn't even worry about art until you actually have something concrete to show people. Ideas are a dime a dozen and people want to see something before they commit to working on it.

Well, FEditor refuses to work on my computer for some reason, So that's all I have right now.

I like your story. However, since story is more my department and you seem to have that covered pretty well, I can only really be useful for critique. Unless you need help with character development or supports.

Nice characters, though! Just three sentences and they sound a lot more interesting than the protagonists of most recent Fire Emblem games. I look forward to seeing how you develop them.

17 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

Well, FEditor refuses to work on my computer for some reason, So that's all I have right now.

There's no need to use feditor if you put in the time to learn how other tools can be used. You might want to check out circleseverywhere's FEE3 2016 entry, which you can find here.

Good luck!

On 5/4/2017 at 8:50 PM, SullyMcGully said:

I like your story. However, since story is more my department and you seem to have that covered pretty well, I can only really be useful for critique. Unless you need help with character development or supports.

Nice characters, though! Just three sentences and they sound a lot more interesting than the protagonists of most recent Fire Emblem games. I look forward to seeing how you develop them.

Sad, but true. I could use, however, some character critiques, as I am still developing them, and would definitely like some outsider input.