So what DLC you getting?

Are you getting any DLC?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting any DLC?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, how are you going to purchase it?

• Season pass
    • Just getting what I want
    • Not getting DLC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, it's tough. I don't want the first pack because I don't need early-game help, but I want everything else. I haven't done the Maths, but buying packs 2-5 is going to cost about the same as the season pass, right?

Dang it, looks like I'll probably be getting the season pass.

With US prices, buying the Season Pass costs ~1 USD (77 pence for the UK?) more than buying Packs 2 - 5, but you lose out on the first Astral Temple by doing so, and iirc buying that temple alone will push the money you spend past the Season Pass' price.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

With US prices, buying the Season Pass costs ~1 USD (77 pence for the UK?) more than buying Packs 2 - 5, but you lose out on the first Astral Temple by doing so, and iirc buying that temple alone will push the money you spend past the Season Pass' price.

Thanks. But you don't need The Astral Temple, when you can buy the Inner Sanctum, right?

You get the same drops in Inner Sanctum and better ones too.

Only reason to have the former is to grind earlier, but I'm in no rush.

Mildly interested in the Cipher DLC, depending on how they handle it. Don't give a Rat's ass about the rest at these prices; if they ever went on sale, maybe, but they never do.

Probably everything because I can't control myself, since this is the only game series that I feel like throwing my money

4 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Thanks. But you don't need The Astral Temple, when you can buy the Inner Sanctum, right?

You get the same drops in Inner Sanctum and better ones too.

Only reason to have the former is to grind earlier, but I'm in no rush.

I actually don't know if they're the same, maybe they are.

Literally the only DLC I've bought in my whole life is Lair of the Shadow Broke and Arrival for Mass Effect 2, one of my favourite games of all time. That's it. Nothing else, ever. And I thought that even those 2 dlc pieces, despite the huge amount of praise they got, were not that good and certainly not worth the money. So I will not be getting this DLC either.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Alright, after learning more on the DLC.

I will definitely be buying the Cipher DLC. Not sure what characters, but I will figure that out later when they actually start showing it.

I am also interested in the dungeons that are in the DLC. Even if there main purpose is for grinding, I still want them. I am also interested in the Tier 4 classes only from an appearance standpoint. I think some of them look cooler than the Tier 4 designs, especially the Mercenary Tier 4 class.

Not all that interested in the prologue stuff, and the grinding maps themselves arent a big deal to me. Maybe for other playthroughs.

This DLC generaly feels too expensive for me to purchase any (not to mention that things like two sets of grinding feel scummy). Maybe eventually if i really want to play the game more. But eh, I'l probably just buy some other game when that happens.

probably just gonna get the Cipher DLC, that's if they are fully voiced and have unique models.

I Don't know if I'm getting the Story DLC, but if it has good map design and is long I will get it, if not I'll just watch a let's play of it.

also, does anyone know when the Cipher DLC comes out in japan?

Edited by DracoMaster

15 minutes ago, DracoMaster said:

probably just gonna get the Cipher DLC, that's if they are fully voiced and have unique models.

I Don't know if I'm getting the Story DLC, but if it has good map design and is long I will get it, if not I'll just watch a let's play of it.

also, does anyone know when the Cipher DLC comes out in japan?

There actually isn't a scheduled release date for it, even in Japan. Because of this, I feel the Cipher characters will likely be full characters, complete with voice acting. Who knows, they may even have Support Conversations, but if they do, it'll likely be between the four of them (don't get your hopes up about Supports between them, this is just me speculating). Don't know about Classes, but given that Yuzu is a female sword-user (which there aren't in Echoes, except for Priestesses+Celica, but they are more magic-orientated), and Shade is a dark magic user (which is exclusive to enemies in Echoes) I do believe that, at the very least, Yuzu and Shade will have unique Classes.

Given that Lando is a dual-wielding Cavalier, they may give him his own Class as well. As for Emma, she's just a Pegasus Knight. The only unique thing they could do with her Class-wise is maybe have her promote into a Wyvern Rider, as that is one of the Classes she's been shown to have in the TCG.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There actually isn't a scheduled release date for it, even in Japan. Because of this, I feel the Cipher characters will likely be full characters, complete with voice acting. Who knows, they may even have Support Conversations, but if they do, it'll likely be between the four of them (don't get your hopes up about Supports between them, this is just me speculating). Don't know about Classes, but given that Yuzu is a female sword-user (which there aren't in Echoes, except for Priestesses+Celica, but they are more magic-orientated), and Shade is a dark magic user (which is exclusive to enemies in Echoes) I do believe that, at the very least, Yuzu and Shade will have unique Classes.

Given that Lando is a dual-wielding Cavalier, they may give him his own Class as well. As for Emma, she's just a Pegasus Knight. The only unique thing they could do with her Class-wise is maybe have her promote into a Wyvern Rider, as that is one of the Classes she's been shown to have in the TCG.

It would be awesome if they had Support Conversations I doubt they will, but it would be nice.

having a female sword user and a dark mage will be very cool. Can't wait to see some gameplay of Them!. and if we are lucky, we might get Cipher released in English.

Edited by DracoMaster

I`m getting the Overclass DLC (because why not) and the Deliverance DLC (I think it looks interesting). While I question why they bothered with the Overclasses (we already have third tiers), I`ll still check it out for curiosity`s sake.

None at current, not because I feel particularly outraged by it or its price but because nothing has caught my eye so far, although I may reconsider later once the game is out. I've noticed I've also been buying less DLC these days in general, so that might play a part too.

Getting the season pass, even though I think that the dlc's are too expensive this time. 

I just looked at Amazon of Japan and the game seems to be getting heavely downvoted because of it's dlc policy . Kind of sad to see that happen, but it was to be expected. 

Edited by Titania

I'm most likely not going for the season pass; series 1 and 2 seem so pointless to me when the main game based around grinding. I think I will be getting the story series, though, because I'm a sucker for that stuff. I may consider the overclass stuff if I manage to max out anyone, but it's hard to imagine.

Definitely  buying the season pass i nearly bought all Awakening DLC and all of Fates even an additional path since i usually lend my birthright copy to my friends that are more casual to play fire emblem. The price hurts my wallet  but still im going for the season pass if i can't at least will buy the overclassesand challenges maps if they some.

Edited by pinguyFrank

I'm going to play the main game as far as I like, and see if I feel like I want to play more.  If I do, I'll see what DLC interests me.  If it all seems interesting, I'll buy the whole pack.  If not, I'll buy a few little packs.

If I get any DLC it will probably mainly be the higher difficulty level ones as from what I can tell it looks like a fun map. And I might get the Altars pack at some point as I like the Dread Fighter's overclass and Spartan looks cool. However I'm kind of expecting the overclass to be more for aesthetics than anything else as I doubt there will be that big of a stat difference between say Gold Knight for instance and the gold knight's overclass (I forget what that one's called). Basically I'll pick and choose what I want when I want it.