2017 Banners?

Sire

So, I've been thinking about Banners as of late since the number of "Main Lords" are slowly dwindling. I think all that is left is...

FE 2, 15 - Celica (Coming Soon™)
FE 4 - (1st Gen? Not too familiar with Genealogy)
FE 5 - Leif & Company
FE 10 - Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade (One can argue for Elincia, but then that opens up the entire Tellius roster due to all the different nations and such.)

Then for other banners...

Choose Your Legends Banner (hopefully before FE: Warriors [in the Fall], at least before Christmas)
Fire Emblem Warriors (full of the OCs that will no doubt come from that game.)

Summer Festival Banner (I am certain this will be a thing in July, swimsuits for everyone!)
Halloween Banner (Given that Christmas and Easter is celebrated, I am expecting Halloween outfits.)
Christmas Banner (We already have a Christmas Robin and Tharja, so I expect them to be a thing.)

So, that is 9 banners, or about 4.5 months worth of banner content for the rest of the year. I wonder what will be put in in the meantime for the other 2.5 slots. Fire Emblem: Switch is not until 2018, so I guess Heroes will simply put in characters from existing titles once again like with the previous banners? Personally, I am really hoping to see more Sacred Stones representation. I want to see Seth, Duessel, Marisa, and L'arachel in Heroes!

Anyways, what do you guys think? Will 2017 flesh out the rest of the main lords and include seasonal banners, or will we simply see a return to adding characters from older titles?

I personally believe we'll at least have the main lord(s) from every game in Heroes by the end of 2017. 

Most of what you've suggested seems likely, and I'm also going to stay optimistic for a Crimean banner featuring Elincia and a Laguz banner later in the year.

I also expect at least one other major Sacred Stones banner (maybe bringing in all the non-lord royals, such as Joshua, Innes, and L'arachel) by the end of the year.

The only thing that could potentially impede this is if Nintendo decides it's a bad business strategy to have all the main characters released first and intentionally decide to spread them out over several years, but I personally feel like it would be an even worse idea to not have all of the main lords at the very least by the end of the game's first year. 

Considering the siblings banner with random characters like Klein and Lachesis and the banner after it that just had a bunch of additional FE7 characters, I don't think they're in danger of running out of banners anytime soon. There are plenty more miscellaneous characters to add one way or another.

I swear if the "Summer Swimsuit" focus has Camilla, Tharja, Kagero, and like, Olivia...

please just let us see someone else's boobs already

Honestly though, I like those event ideas. Just imagainig people in silly sheet ghost costumes and such for Halloween...

*gasp* can we get Nino in a witch hat?

and takumi in a dunce cap

I also think Elincia and her team are going to have a banner, most probably: Elincia, Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian/Renning, Kieran/Marcia/Astrid/Makalov

Micaiah and the dawn brigade are not in debate haha

Jugdral will come in two, First gen and Second gen, with most important characters coming first of course

A laguz one will be cool too, there are lot of options here, but the royal laguz can be: Tybarn, Cainegis, Naesala, Kurthnaga/Nailah or Reyson if they bring the hearons (they can make them attack with magic cards like in RD!)

Celica's banner is probably the next one to show up.

OOH!! AND PLZ OH PLZ!!

CIPHER BANNER!!!

Bring Ema, Shade, Yuzu and Lando into the game!

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I also expect at least one other major Sacred Stones banner (maybe bringing in all the non-lord royals, such as Joshua, Innes, and L'arachel) by the end of the year.

For my own sake, I hope Innes come soon!!! ;(

Edited by SniperGYS

I'm still waiting for Sir Sigurd the Holy Knight

It seems like most 'villains' are going to be made available through GHBs so I don't think they'll add a banner of evil characters. 

I also want something for all those characters that always get benched and no one remembers

<3 just give them a little special moment <3

It doesn't necessarily need to just be lords along with a couple others getting in through banners. With the amount of playable characters they have in FE, they have quite a lot to keep them going. I want to see what they'll do with beaststones when those become a thing.

I'd recommend them to keep away from Fates for the next few banners though. At least more than a fifth of the entire cast comes from them. When it does come though, it'd probably become a child banner.

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

It doesn't necessarily need to just be lords along with a couple others getting in through banners. With the amount of playable characters they have in FE, they have quite a lot to keep them going. I want to see what they'll do with beaststones when those become a thing.

I'd recommend them to keep away from Fates for the next few banners though. At least more than a fifth of the entire cast comes from them. When it does come though, it'd probably become a child banner.

Seems that it would make more sense to give Awakening the child banner (come on Female Morgan).

59 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Seems that it would make more sense to give Awakening the child banner (come on Female Morgan).

I mean, it could be mixed, seeing as we've had mixed banners before. I would like to see Morgan and Kana though. We need that extra green dragon.

Just now, KongDude88 said:

I mean, it could be mixed, seeing as we've had mixed banners before. I would like to see Morgan and Kana though. We need that extra green dragon.

Eh, they could, but the Fates children for one did not seem as well received (the incubator dimension may have had something to do with it). They could do them back to back alternatively.

59 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eh, they could, but the Fates children for one did not seem as well received (the incubator dimension may have had something to do with it). They could do them back to back alternatively.

The way they brought it back was not well received, as it would make sense, but that doesn't give the Fates kids any less of a chance than the Awakenings really.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we get some sort of traditional Japanese festival event featuring the Hoshido sibs and maybe some vaguely-samurai outliers like Lon'qu and... Lyn....? Karel..?? shrug but... yeah. IDK maybe some Hoshidan non-royals.

Ideally, we'll also start getting banners a la Blazing Shadows for other games as well, where we start getting more of the Greil mercs (Boyd, Mia, Jill, Nephenee, etc; Haar would also be cool so we get a male wyvern rider who ISN'T an asshat lol), and ofc stuff for Magvel (Innes, L'Arachel, Joshua, Lute etc). Don't know if they'll be coming this year and bump some others back or be saved till later, but I suppose we'll see. 

I've mentioned once or twice that Lewyn from FE4 as a male dancer/singer equivalent using wind magic would be cool as well, haha. 

3 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

The way they brought it back was not well received, as it would make sense, but that doesn't give the Fates kids any less of a chance than the Awakenings really.

Oh I'm sure they do if the base roster is anything to go by, but Awakening kids should probably have priority. Doesn't mean they will, but it would probably be smarter.

On another note, think that they might do a pegasus banner (I ask because I want Sumia added).

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Oh I'm sure they do if the base roster is anything to go by, but Awakening kids should probably have priority. Doesn't mean they will, but it would probably be smarter.

On another note, think that they might do a pegasus banner (I ask because I want Sumia added).

Yeah, I was confused that Sumia and Vaike werent part of release. Wholeheartedly disappointed that he didn't school me in the tutorial.

As for Sumia, I did try my hand at a potential build for her in the create a hero thread.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah, I was confused that Sumia and Vaike werent part of release. Wholeheartedly disappointed that he didn't school me in the tutorial.

As for Sumia, I did try my hand at a potential build for her in the create a hero thread.

They might add her in a valentine's banner next year. It would fit her style. That her anything flower related.

I did the math in another thread, but the at the current rate it would take them 8 years to release all the characters who were on the original choose your legends poll. (Five to seven new characters are released once every two weeks at the current rate)

Note that this is only the characters who were on the poll. This would not include the alternate versions of characters (like the spring banner, the choose your legends versions, etc), spin off characters (hasha no tsurugi, the cipher characters, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc), the new characters that were added in the rerelease of echoes, any new characters from the upcoming games that have already been confirmed to be in development (warriors, the switch game) and any new characters from new games that may be announced in the next 8 years.

In all honesty, I believe this game will end long before they run out of characters.

Edited by dragonlordsd

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I'd actually favor the Awakening kids, but there were still a few Fates kids that I liked (no need for the clones though). I don't know about specifically pegasus, since we've had a good amount, but Sumia would be nice to have.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I did the math in another thread, but the at the current rate it would take them 8 years to release all the characters who were on the original choose your legends poll.

Note that this is only the characters who were on the poll. This would not include the alternate versions of characters (like the spring banner, the choose your legends versions, etc), spin off characters (hasha no tsurugi, the cipher characters, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc), the new characters that were added in the rerelease of echoes, and any new characters from the upcoming games that have already been confirmed to be in development.

In all honesty, I believe this game will end long before they run out of characters.

I don't think a single mobile game has survived for that long, and I'm sure IS will eventually stop by that point. While I wasn't really into TMS, I do want to see the mirage versions as characters because they had pretty badass designs. Bring Toi8 for the art pls.

6 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

I don't think a single mobile game has survived for that long, and I'm sure IS will eventually stop by that point. While I wasn't really into TMS, I do want to see the mirage versions as characters because they had pretty badass designs. Bring Toi8 for the art pls.

Agreed. The point I did that math in service of was that the game was releasing characters far, far too slowly. It could very easily be two years or more before we see characters like L'Archel or Joshua, depending on their priorities. Much less more obscure characters like Rennac, Gonzales, Chad, etc.

I also really loved the TMS character designs, even though I wasn't super into the game itself.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I want:

Crimean Guard: Elincia (red sword), Geoffrey (blue lance), Lucia (red sword), Haar (green axe), Astrid (grey bow)

Greil Mercs part 2: Oscar (blue lance), Boyd (green axe), Rolf (grey bow), Mia (red sword), Nephenee  (blue lance)

Laguz royals: Caineghis (red claw), Tibarn (green talon), Naesala (blue beak), Nailah (grey claw), Reyson (grey galdr), Kurthnaga (blue breath)

Dawn Brigade: Micaiah (blue tome), Sothe (grey dagger), Nolan (green axe), Edward (red sword), Jill (blue lance)

Magvel royals: Joshua (red sword), Innes (grey bow), Tana (blue lance), L'Arachel (green tome), Myrrh (green breath)

Elibean heroes: Athos (red tome), Guinevere (green tome), Nils (blue breath), Rath (grey bow), Heath (blue lance)

Plus some Jugdral banners (not familiar with all characters but Lewyn should be in one) and a bunch of villains. 

I'd like to see some more random banners after Celica. I kind of dug the grab bag of characters added with the Sibling & Family bond banners, for instance.

After the lords, there are still some plot important characters like Elincia, Deirdre, Nanna, Tibarn, and Skirmir that are missing from the game, so I could see them being added later on to head future banners in the same way most of the lords have. After them, they'll probably start getting creative and use more random banners like the aforementioned Blazing Shadows set, with maybe having a fan favorite or two mixed in to keep fans interested.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the next banner ISNT going to be Celica.

OBVIOUSLY it will be Revelations Ryoma, Old Man Hector complete with beard (Sealed Sword), Azura in her black outfit with her veil, and the Takumi with all the purple stuff around him. "Angsty Possessed Takumi"

As for other predictions, I think eventually they'll actually beef the 3/4* pool, and I think we'll see new weekly giveaway units.

But a new banner will be something like "heroes banner" (hero class units) or maybe Mages of Archaea or something. Maybe.

Mages Through The Ages, featuring a random assortment of 5-7 mages because oh my god we have so few mages such that everyone has nearly unique skills that desperately need more options to pull.

4 hours ago, rockocalypse said:

Azura in her black outfit with her veil

Oh yes this please.

That said yeah I don't see any Fates/Awakening characters coming anytime soon. (Kaze, Silas, Scarlet when). Children even more a smaller chance.

Unless they do GHB special units like Aversa (need more flying mages) and other Spotpass characters, while Fates can probably have Shura or Flora.

I feel they should at least have beast units sometime in this year at least- one could be Laguz while the other set has Taguel, Kitsune and Wolfskin. 

If they do another Awakening banner, then I'd bet on Sumia and Maribelle at least. Maybe Gregor, Vaike or Kellam. (Although a longshot, Basilio/Flavia would be a nice surprise)

and if we do eventually get the kids, for Fates I see the royals having more importance, so Shiro, Forrest, Siegbert and Kiragi. (Although Nina, Ophelia are pretty popular too). I'd love to have Owain for Awakening but I feel the others like Brady, Noire, Cynthia and Gerome should be in, too. Oh I guess Morgan but maybe he/she can be GHB.

Maybe they'll have a Christmas Knights banner for a future Voting Gauntlet, so they can release the red/green knight duos sooner than later.

12 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I did the math in another thread, but the at the current rate it would take them 8 years to release all the characters who were on the original choose your legends poll. (Five to seven new characters are released once every two weeks at the current rate)

How did you do the math? I ask because banners have had a variable number of characters on them (4 to 6), and then there's also GHB as a source of characters.