Playing Binding Blade....again

Ok so this is a topic about me venturing into binding blade....again. Why am I playing this is something I don't know but for some reason, Binding blade is something that I want to venture again, if only because maybe..I didn't play this game the right way or something.

So I beated chapter 3. But the way it was done is stupid. Managed to get lugh, chad to open up chests and got me a mend. 

Beating the boss wasn't my main problem as the problem that I had was to use lugh to level him up faster. I thought of using DIeck but that armourslayer can be useful elsewhere instead of now. Lot while tanky can't damage him enough for Lugh to finish him off and the same goes for Alan and Lance as they both take a lot of damage something that's risky.

So I thought to myself and decided to let Marcus attack the boss since he's decent enough to do so...but instead of leaving some health for lugh to finish him off, Marcus crited this guy...boy, there goes Lugh's exp...Marcus you thief.

About on chapter 4, can't wait to get my hands on Rutger...the lord of the swords!

So archers...haven't bothered grinding Wolt. So I'm waiting till Shin to show up. I wonder if I should go to the Sacean route or the Illian route at this point.

I thought of using DIeck but that armourslayer can be useful elsewhere instead of now.

To whom exactly?
Also you'll get another armorslayer in chapter 8 so it's not wrong to use it right now.
It's like the best weapon against most bosses in early game (effective in ch. 2, 3, 7, 8), and even more accurate than the killing edge.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

I wonder if I should go to the Sacean route or the Illian route at this point.

Since you're playing this again, go for the route you didn't go for last time.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

So archers...haven't bothered grinding Wolt. So I'm waiting till Shin to show up.

Sue also works too, though. Only her Strength is kind of low. You could also use Dorothy, who some advantages over Wolt, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Since you're playing this again, go for the route you didn't go for last time.

Sue also works too, though. Only her Strength is kind of low. You could also use Dorothy, who some advantages over Wolt, in my opinion.

Idk...I tried using Sue but she's not that great in my first playthrough tbh.

So I beated chapter 4, got rutger...but I stupidly dropped the angelic robe I think...I thought that whatever you have in full will be sent to merlinus...but I was stupid to think that it would be like Blazing blade....:P

yeah..I think I'll keep Rutger. I mean, who can possibly abandon one of the only characters with SOME depth?

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

So I beated chapter 4, got rutger...but I stupidly dropped the angelic robe I think...I thought that whatever you have in full will be sent to merlinus...but I was stupid to think that it would be like Blazing blade....:P

You thought right, though. The robe should be in the convoy (or in the inventory of whoever visited the village, of course).

Ok some advice here....

1. I want to use Ogier but Dieck is also useful. So a comparison between the two would be nice in your experience.

2. If I do the other route, how useful is Barte compared to Lot?

3. With Wolt being mediocre/worst archer in the game(didn't bother using him), who is the best archer in this game?

4. I know that there are only four Hero Crests given to you for free. So I know that Lot, Ogier and Fir are going to face some competition for the promotion items since obviously, I have to promote either Allen/Lance for the third one. So again, what's the best way to atleast let me use off either Ogier or Fir?

Oh boy.....I think I'm going to face the long map trauma again..I think its literally impossible for me to complete chapters without save states here...

1. If you train up Ogier to the same level as Dieck, he's slightly faster and dodgier, but also a bit weaker and frailer. It's also worth noting that Ogier's Con is lower than Dieck's, so his speed advantage goes away if he uses blades or axes. Unlike Dieck, Ogier needs some help if you want to use him though, without offering a real advantage later. On the plus side, he's a sword user who joins right before the isles, so it's not too hard to get him going.

2. Hard to say. Bartre's advantage is that he doesn't need any investment to function - he joins, smashes things, gets weaker in comparision with your other units, gets benched. Lot is better if you're dedicated to give him XP - Bartre's raw strength is way higher, but Lot beats him speed, accuracy and general tankiness. If you want to take a warrior to the endgame, Lot's your man, otherwise Bartre is a decent filler unit for a while.

3. Shin, thanks to generally good stats and having a horse. On normal mode he's less dominant, but he's still generally better than both Dorothy and Wolt. Sue's strength is kinda bad, but she can still snipe wyverns just fine and she's a bit more dodgy than Shin.

4. Allen and Lance promote with Knight Crests. ;) So yeah, first Hero Crest should most likely go to Rutger, second one really doesn't matter that much. None of the other recipients are really needed for the rest of the game, so you can really give it to whoever you want.

1 hour ago, ping said:

4. Allen and Lance promote with Knight Crests. ;) So yeah, first Hero Crest should most likely go to Rutger, second one really doesn't matter that much. None of the other recipients are really needed for the rest of the game, so you can really give it to whoever you want.

Wait...the game is manageble without Dieck?

The later parts? Definitely. He's really valuable at the very start of the game, since most of your units either start out kinda weak (like Alance) or are just bad (like Wolt or Bors) which makes Deke's high base stats really appreciated. But he'll get less obligatory when more decent combat units join (Rutger, Astore and Jerrot can all do some good work) and other units start improving (Allen, Lance and even Roy during the isles arc). When the second Hero Crest arrives, Deke is still the strongest contender for it, what with Ward, Lot, Geese, Oujay, NM!Fir and NM!Gonzo being average at best, but at that point, your team should probably be good enough to do without him.

For reference, 20/1 Allen is basically on par with 20/1 Deke in every stat except skill and has higher movement plus lance access to make him the better unit in total. Again, Deke's still the best option for the second Hero Crest and a perfectly fine unit for the whole game, but his performance does go from "amazing" in the earlygame to "about as good as your other team members" at the end.

• Oujey / Ogier is just an inferior Dieck. He joins with lower level and has a significant worse constitution than Dieck. As a myrmidon he'd be decent, but unfortunately he is no myrm. Also it's unworthy to let him uses axes since he can't use any axe without AS penalty. (if he has 10 con as hero - idr - he still can use iron axes without speed penalty - WOW!!!) If you want to use swordusers, then go for Fir because she's in the best class in the game and has HM boosts.
  • Batre is a filler. He's OK (!) in chapter 21, but his bases aside of strength are bad and there are better bow users than him.
  • Seriously I don't find Wolt as bad unlike most others do simply because of his quick supports with Roy and Alance. They make his combat a bit more bearable. Yes, in my HM runs he's my standard bow user simply because he's Roy's brother. No, honestly Shin is the best bow user. However it runs the risk to go to Sacae, the definitive harder route.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Beaten chapter 5....damn. The amount of time it takes to beat JUST one chapter in this game....blazing sword to me didn't have this problem one bit...

You're in for a treat with some of the other chapters in this game. It doesn't help that all map objectives are the same in FE6 either. Nothing is worse than losing Roy near the end because you weren't being careful (or resetting because you don't want to forever lose any other character who just got critted by the boss). For Chapter 5 I send the high mobility units north and around the mountains, while the lower mobility units head to the gate to the west. Depending on if you want all the EXP and want to visit the village to the north, you can finish faster by sending your main force through the gate and defeating the boss.

Edited by DragonLord

Beated 6 and 7....

I hate cath already...I should have killed her when I had a chance....yet something feels like killing a kid feels wrong so I let her live instead.

She stole Killer axe and short bow from me...oh well, Its not like they would do so much anyways since axe's hit rates are so so low here...

Rutger....I have no idea what I'd do without you.

EDIT: 

So I'm now at chapter 10B...any advice on who to pick? Fir or Ogier?

I gotta say that Fir is a fun unit to use..too bad she's under competition right now...

EDIT: $%#$!%#@#%!@$%@#!@%%$#@!# THIS BLOODY CHAPTER 10B: THAT I'M STUCK IN!

I HATE THIS DAMN $##@$@##$!#@$#$@ CHAPTER! 

I...I think I need cheat codes or something to beat this damn chapter.....I didn't think it would be THIS annoying!

Any idea how to beat this chapter? The thing about this chapter isn't the map but the goddamn conditions that I need to get the rewards for this one.

that and the awful amount of reinforcements.

Edited by Harvey