Just some simple clarification. No story spoilers, please.

I'd just like some clarification on how fatigue works.  I know that it reduces HP when the limit is reached, but is it just HP? For example, are other stats like speed or defense reduced as well?

"Fatigue can be reduced by consuming Provisions. It can also be fully cleared by exiting to the world map, offering any Provision to a Mila Statue or after a Class Change. Therefore, during non-dungeon battles, Fatigue has no impact."

What does this portion mean? (In bold) Does this mean that after fatigue is cleared, once you exit dungeons, the normal battles will begin with no fatigue on any character? What about the possibility of building fatigue with monsters in the dungeons before getting back to the world map? 

Lastly, I understand that you can remove the status by consuming items and visiting the Mila statue, but what about just not having people in battles?  In thracia this removed all fatigue of those who were left out. Is this notion not present?  If so, what happens when you run out of items to consume or sacrifice to the mila statues?  Do your units just stay fatigued until they promote or the game ends?

I just want some clarification about this before I jump in to echoes.  I don't want to screw myself over in chapter 1 because I don't understand how things work.  

No story spoilers, please!

Edited by Lord Tullus

It's just what it says: fatigue has no impact outside of dungeons. It doesn't matter if your entire army gets exhausted during an overworld battle; as soon as you get back to the world map, everyone gets cured. 

It's only relevant during dungeons where you keep going after fights without being cured by the wonderful magic of the world map. And hell, even then you'll have so much food that your units can be kept in prime condition at all times for the most part.

It's actually really simple. Yes, it only halves your HP like it says.

The bold means simply this: Fatigue does absolutely nothing outside of dungeons. If you're worried about the smiley face, it'll go back to being a smiley face after battle.

Next, dungeons are party of 10, you can't not have people in battles during dungeons unless you straight up didn't bring them to the dungeon. Also trust, you'll never run out of provisions for the dungeons/Mila statues unless you were wasting them or discarding them. And even if you somehow did, your fatigue is going to clear when you leave the dungeon.

You're over analyzing this whole thing, it's really, really simple.

EDIT: Also to note, you do not have to equip food to the character to have them eat, just stand next to Alm(or Celica) and eat it out the convoy.

EDIT 2: Totally added Celica

Edited by Soledai

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

It's just what it says: fatigue has no impact outside of dungeons. It doesn't matter if your entire army gets exhausted during an overworld battle; as soon as you get back to the world map, everyone gets cured. 

So.... there's no reason to cure fatigue?  The map cures it aotumatically?  If it does nothing to the battles in the world map, why even have the mechanic be shown in the "real" battles in the first place?  I tend to over-think things.  Sorry about that.

1 minute ago, Lord Tullus said:

So.... there's no reason to cure fatigue?  The map cures it aotumatically?  If it does nothing to the battles in the world map, why even have the mechanic be shown in the "real" battles in the first place?  I tend to over-think things.  Sorry about that.

In dungeons you need to do it, sure, but not outside of it. You know, just like it says in the text you linked. 

Oh, in case you didn't know, the effects of fatigue don't actually appear until after the fight, not during it. And since the world map cures fatigue - which you can't access in dungeons - it's only relevant when dungeon crawling.

In short: fatigue stacks up in dungeons, but do absolutely nothing outside of them. Eat an orange every now and then in the dungeons and all the pretty anime people will be fine.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

In dungeons you need to do it, sure, but not outside of it. You know, just like it says in the text you linked. 

Oh, in case you didn't know, the effects of fatigue don't actually appear until after the fight, not during it. And since the world map cures fatigue - which you can't access in dungeons - it's only relevant when dungeon crawling.

In short: fatigue stacks up in dungeons, but do absolutely nothing outside of them. Eat an orange every now and then in the dungeons and all the pretty anime people will be fine.

Good.  I can do a pre-promote run with minimal grinding!  Now I'm hyped for the game again!

It's more efficient to just give one provision item to a Mila statue since that recovers all fatigue on all units. Although by chapter 5 I had my inventory full and couldn't even pick any more food up...

I came back to this thread with the intent to say the exact same thing.

Also a certain place in chapter 5 gives so many provisions that if you aren't out of space by then, you probably will be after picking up those provisions or pretty close to it.

Of course, I had to discard provisions to collect other items.

26 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I came back to this thread with the intent to say the exact same thing.

Also a certain place in chapter 5 gives so many provisions that if you aren't out of space by then, you probably will be after picking up those provisions or pretty close to it.

Of course, I had to discard provisions to collect other items.

Even a certain place in Chapter 4 had me eating provisions simply to make space for more.