hard mode save

Hey guys, so I recently played FE6 on normal mode and really wanted to play hard mode, but I had to wipe my computer due to some problem in the system and now all my game data is gone. I really don't want to go through normal mode again just to unlock hard mode. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Maybe try GameFaqs? They usually have save states for GBA games, I'm sure they have some as well. I don't know if I can link it here even if they aren't ROMs, but if you search "fire emblem binding blade save states", it should be the first link.

I don't know for sure if it'll work, since mine's from Visual Boy Advance. But I do know that certain emulators allow for save RAMs to be used if it was created from a different emulator (for example, saves made from SNES9X are compatible with ZSNES and vice versa). Just be sure that the save RAM and the ROM have the same title (Eg: if you named your FE6 Rom "Fire Emblem Binding Blade.gba", you should rename the save file from "Fire Emblem - Sealed Sword.sav" to "Fire Emblem Binding Blade.sav"). If the save file isn't compatible, try searching "GBA Save Converter" and seeing if you can find a save converter for Openemu. 

As for the ROM, from my experience it shouldn't matter what FE6 translation patch you're using so long as the game content (such as units, chapters, etc.) isn't altered too heavily from the patch you're using (and if it's just a translation patch, that shouldn't be an issue. In the past I've transferred over save files between different FE6 translation patches and it worked with no problems).

• 4 weeks later...