Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lucina's Husband

I interviewed Greg Chun, the new voice of Ike (as well as Lukas, Ephraim, and Eldigan)!

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

I've been doing a monthly Voice Actor series with different Fire Emblem Heroes' VO performers. This time I got Greg Chun because he was lucky enough to score the role of Ike in addition to Ephraim, Eldigan, and Lukas. I found out that he also did Lukas' voice for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and that he found it intimidating to embody everybody's favorite mercenary.  

Greg has some great insights about breaking into voice acting, overusing your voice, and a little bit on the process behind winning some of his roles. He actually broke into VO through an Arnold Schwarzenegger impression!

https://comedyngaming.com/news/interview-greg-chun-fire-emblems-new-ike

Hope you enjoy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty cool! Lukas is probably my favorite of his characters, but he's still a good VA regardless. I think he does his the best, seeing as he's had to do much more work for this character than the others.

I wanna hear the dude sing though. :0

Edited by KongDude88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I like his Lukas role, but I'm on the fence about everything else, unfortunately. But his Lukas fits so well, it's almost like he is Lukas.

Lukas seriously fits the guy way too much. I haven't paid too much attention to the others, but it's probably one of the best voices in Heroes. At least for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Lukas seriously fits the guy way too much. I haven't paid too much attention to the others, but it's probably one of the best voices in Heroes. At least for me.

 

It makes sense that Lukas would be the most fleshed out because Greg had an entire game's worth of dialogue to learn him and get to know him ad embody him. The other characters have some dialogue clips and special attack clips, but it's very little compared to all of Shadows of Valentia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucina's Husband said:

It makes sense that Lukas would be the most fleshed out because Greg had an entire game's worth of dialogue to learn him and get to know him ad embody him. The other characters have some dialogue clips and special attack clips, but it's very little compared to all of Shadows of Valentia. 

That's a good point, especially with full voice in Echoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lucina's Husband said:

 

It makes sense that Lukas would be the most fleshed out because Greg had an entire game's worth of dialogue to learn him and get to know him ad embody him. The other characters have some dialogue clips and special attack clips, but it's very little compared to all of Shadows of Valentia. 

Yeah, I mentioned that he's doing much more for Lukas because of SoV's full voice acting. But either way, his voice is very fitting for Lukas. Comparing it with his Japanese VA too, it's pretty spot on.

Edited by KongDude88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lucina's Husband said:

Hey everyone,

I've been doing a monthly Voice Actor series with different Fire Emblem Heroes' VO performers. This time I got Greg Chun because he was lucky enough to score the role of Ike in addition to Ephraim, Eldigan, and Lukas. I found out that he also did Lukas' voice for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and that he found it intimidating to embody everybody's favorite mercenary.  

Greg has some great insights about breaking into voice acting, overusing your voice, and a little bit on the process behind winning some of his roles. He actually broke into VO through an Arnold Schwarzenegger impression!

https://comedyngaming.com/news/interview-greg-chun-fire-emblems-new-ike

Hope you enjoy it!

Wow that's pretty cool!  I take it with this he'll be the voice in Hyrule Warriors.  I wonder if this means we'll see older characters make more appearances in new titles or if get more remakes.

Edited by LordOTaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get why people don't like Chun's Ike. Yeah, it's not Jason Adkins, but I thought he managed to sound pretty close to him. I don't think he can do RD Ike though, Adkins should come back for him. RD Ike naturally should have a deeper voice than his younger teen self, and I feel like if Chun tried that, he'd just be repeating the Lukas voice and that's boring. xP Adkins is several years older now than when he first did PoR Ike, so his voice should've naturally progressed to where he should still be able to do RD Ike with no trouble.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...