Von's Fire Emblem Art

Von Ithipathachai

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DaleCooper said:

I like Baron and Generals, and your rational class chart, but I think doppelsoeldners are a little anachronistics xD But those skills are quite simple, will you create more complex skills?

Y'know, you're kind of right about them looking anachronistic, but I'm not really super-concerned about historical accuracy, seeing that these classes are used in a fantasy setting.  After all, Fates had French maids/butlers alongside the traditional medieval classes.

I also kind of prefer the simpler and more limited Skills, sort of like how they were in the Jugdral games.  I found them to stand out more easily that way.

Not really an art post, but I came up with a basic origin story for the continent I created:

In the beginning, there were seven gods who gazed upon the dark, empty primordial sea and sought to make it more beautiful.  Thus, the Ferencan continent and its people were created.  To better manage the people of the continent, each god oversaw a certain portion that would become one of the present nations, becoming its patron.  However, Iopter, the patron god of Rema and the strongest of them all, grew dissatisfied with his lot and attempted to overthrow the other gods and take their territory.  The other gods banded together and stopped him, sealing him in a tome locked away in the depths of Rema Palace.  They also entrusted the people of the continent with six holy weapons with which they could defend themselves from Iopter's wrath, should some foolish human ever decide to unseal him:

-The sword Masamune, located in Xanadu

-The lance Longinus, located in Rema

-The axe Perun, located in Ferenca

-The bow Gandiva, located in Feniz

-The dagger Carnwennan, located in Tirna

-The tome Tartarus, located on the Aegan Islands

Paladin.thumb.png.53daa2e6833c1417a53d1fdcf2d583c4.png

The Paladin's appearance is based on Naoise and Alec's artwork from the Fire Emblem: Trading Card Game as Paladins.  The Paladin was difficult to draw not because the design was too complex (actually, it was surprisingly easy), but rather because I find Paladins to be a very bland and uninteresting class.  That being said, I still tried my best to make it look distinct, continuing from my idea of the base Cavalier class being specifically light cavalry.

Dragoon.thumb.png.d68e5bc75b0c3334fb4c0b2ecc057c50.png

Unlike the other version of the Dragoon class I know of from the Death or Glory hack, this version is essentially a Great Knight that rides a flightless dragon (actually somewhat resembling a dinosaur) instead of an armored horse.  Its appearance is based on that of a Byzantine cataphract, though I tried not to make it look too heavy, since it wasn't supposed to be an Armored class.

592eb948e480c_GriffonKnight.thumb.png.07804c40a069badd52dc01ff7f84bbee.png

Here, Griffon Riders are called Griffon Knights like in the Japanese version of Awakening and can wield both Lances and Axes.  This design for them is mostly based on my own Wyvern Rider design, but extending more in the direction of the Pegasus Rider's 'medieval aviator' look with a couple of superhero elements in the mask and cape.

592eba2e760d2_FalconKnight.thumb.png.9f04c64111540408936d7b465b2dc767.png

The Falcon Knight's design is based on my own Pegasus Rider design, but has brighter colors and wing decorations to make it look more reminiscent of a Norse Valkyrie.  It is based on its 3DS incarnation in terms of stats.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

592eb948e480c_GriffonKnight.thumb.png.07804c40a069badd52dc01ff7f84bbee.png

Here, Griffon Riders are called Griffon Knights like in the Japanese version of Awakening and can wield both Lances and Axes. 

That's made up.

They don't do that. They are exclusively axe users.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's made up.

They don't do that. They are exclusively axe users.

These class drawings mostly show how I would want the classes to be.  Perhaps if you saw the other entries, you could've figured that out.

I thought it would be better for Griffon Knights to have added Lance access since they don't have a Critical bonus.

38 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

These class drawings mostly show how I would want the classes to be.  Perhaps if you saw the other entries, you could've figured that out.

I thought it would be better for Griffon Knights to have added Lance access since they don't have a Critical bonus.

My apologies.

Your sentence regarding mentioning the Japanese version has ambiguity on it regarding what you meant (which now is clear that you were referring to the name and name only).

Edited by shadowofchaos

Crusader.thumb.png.b21588e373cc3dbbb76586fb6247d29b.png

Crusaders are similar to War Monks/War Clerics from Awakening, except that they are more offensively oriented, reflected in their A Rank in Axes and promotion from the Fighter class.  They take their name from the Christian knights of the same name who sought to reclaim the Holy Land from Islamic control.

I really like this class tree and it is clear that you've put a lot of thought into this, really into the Rome vibe you give off. Do you have a complete story in your mind regarding the characters?

Just now, Fryer said:

Do you have a complete story in your mind regarding the characters?

I have a very basic, in-a-nutshell type outline in my head, but I've been thinking more about ideas for more OCs to demonstrate the classes I'm showing off.

In particular, I'm trying to think of ideas for a non-story-important Avatar character whose class you can choose freely.  This Avatar would be Claudus's personal bodyguard, who acts as the central member of the Prince's Guard, Claudus's personal fighting force.  The Prince's Guard are essentially my continent's equivalent of the Shepherds in that they make up the initial group of units he gains command of (prior to meeting Carol, of course).

Berserker.thumb.png.69de3ab495b4992f939d9843109ff387.png

My Berserker design takes its look from that of an executioner, which I suppose is actually somewhat ironic since it promotes from a criminal class.  I wanted to make the male version's hood look kind of like the Dark Mage/Sorcerer's hood in the Jugdral games, but I'm not sure if I pulled it off well enough, heheh.  Like in Fates, the Berserker is the only class capable of obtaining an S Rank in Axes.

Warrior.thumb.png.6578e13d7d1180308e166f3c9db0ab86.png

My Warrior design is intended to be a blend of the class's GBA and Tellius designs, also throwing in a helmet based on (but not quite like) its helmet from Awakening.  Its stats are actually modified from those of the Oni Chieftain class from Fates to make it into an alternative to the Berserker class that has significantly better defenses, but is worse at actual combat.

5933287065461_DagdarSplice.png.405d7065fec710fa30a9ff6bce002f2d.png

My first satisfactory attempt at splicing.  It's supposed to be a portrait of Dagdar from Thracia 776, made using Fergus's head, Groznyi's shirt and neck (minus strap), and Zagan's shoulders.

5933287065461_DagdarSplice.png.405d7065fec710fa30a9ff6bce002f2d.png

My first satisfactory attempt at splicing.  It's supposed to be a portrait of Dagdar from Thracia 776, made using Fergus's head, Groznyi's shirt and neck (minus strap), and Zagan's shoulders.

Looks great so far, looking foward to seeing the Lords.

19 minutes ago, Fryer said:

Looks great so far, looking foward to seeing the Lords.

?

If you mean portraits of the Lords, you probably won't see me make those for a long while.

You can, however, expect to see profiles for them (that is, with proper bases and growths) first when I'm done with the individual class drawings and I start drawing more of the OCs I have ideas for.

?

If you mean portraits of the Lords, you probably won't see me make those for a long while.

You can, however, expect to see profiles for them (that is, with proper bases and growths) first when I'm done with the individual class drawings and I start drawing more of the OCs I have ideas for.

Well take your time. Kinda new here but I love what I see so far.

59345dbd94ed2_WyvernLord.thumb.png.cc5dc36ce08c8c4bdc5af20f1dfae7e6.png

The Wyvern Lord's design is, like with mine for the other promoted flying classes, a mostly original design that expands on a certain aspect of its base class.  If Falcon Knights are light and angelic, and Griffon Knights are neutral and earthly/human, then Wyvern Lords are dark and demonic, reflected in their colors being the darkest and by the double horns on their helmets and each of their shoulders.  This design idea came from Unicorn and Bicorn as depicted in the Shin Megami Tensei series (further explanation here).

Ranger.thumb.png.7247ce32f7f4594e4564a0f113a22e6a.png

The Ranger's design is based on artwork of various mounted bow users from the Fire Emblem: Trading Card Game (especially that of Midayle as an Arrow Knight).  They are meant to resemble Nomad Troopers from the Elibe games, but altered to be more knightly.

Sniper.thumb.png.08b22f1f4b94b18d41e5e4c4726e74f9.png

The Sniper's design is not actually my own.  Rather, it belongs to a friend of mine, Jun, who created it to use for a Fire Emblem OC of his.  If you want to inquire more about the design, ask him about it, not me.   Like in Fates, the Sniper is the only class capable of obtaining an S Rank in Bows.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Assassin.thumb.png.82f2625e64ccd0ab407ce99d258c4ed9.png

This version of the Assassin class is a hybrid of both of its 3DS incarnations.  However, unlike said incarnations, these Assassins have Bows as their primary weapon instead of Swords/Daggers since they are now the main promotion for the Hunter class.

Rogue.thumb.png.5926af8cf02a531791d8c03ff11cad4c.png

The Rogue class is reimagined here as a "weapon master" class akin to Swordmasters, Sentinels, Berserkers, etc.  They appear similar to their base class, but have just a little bit more bodily protection.  Also for some reason its Resistance, Constitution, and Movement form the number 666, which I guess wouldn't be completely off.  The Rogue is the only class capable of obtaining an S Rank in Daggers.

Sorcerer.thumb.png.eb7252f6cc0ee19974737e985efce890.png

The Sorcerer's design is based on that of the Druid class from the GBA games with elements of the Arcanist's design from Shadows of Valentia.  Its Magic here has been reduced to accommodate its new Critical bonus as a "weapon master" class.  Like in Fates, the Sorcerer is the only class capable of obtaining an S Rank in Tomes.

Bishop.thumb.png.ad5085713c5e330216d3124d75f0f28b.png

Like many of my class designs, the Bishop's design is Roman in origin, with the male's appearance being based on that of a senator and the female's appearance being based on that of a Vestal Virgin.  Their higher Magic gives them more raw attack power than Sorcerers, but it is kept in check by their B Rank in Tomes.

Hussar.thumb.png.822dd030436c5b17bb5cfdd94e86df70.png

The Hussar is an original class meant to resemble the female version of Thracia 776's Paladin class, which used Staves instead of Lances.  Other than that, there isn't a lot to say about them.

Strategist.thumb.png.cfccfbf8d94ce4a18a13efc6b50958ad.png

Curiously, a lot of the Strategist's design came from Robert from Thracia 776 of all people, who is not a female Paladin, let alone any kind of magic user.  Also, epaulettes.  (In case you couldn't tell, it was when Von was drawing the Troubadour's promotions that he started to run out of ideas.)

But holy heck, I can't believe I actually managed to finish all of these!  I guess it's time to start drawing some OCs (or class mounts, since I haven't drawn any of the mounted classes riding those).

Avatar.thumb.png.1b86d29c5b711bb30ebded53dd6993ad.png

The first of the OCs I've created for my continent, an Avatar character who acts as Claudus's bodyguard.  Displayed here are their default name, Graham, and their default appearances as a male and female, respective to each picture.  Their name, appearance (hair, skin tone, eyes, body mass, and other head accessories), base class, alternate class line, and growth rates can all be chosen by the player at the beginning of the story.  The Avatar can assume any unpromoted class except for Dancer or Therian, but will retain the same appearance regardless of his/her chosen base class.  Their chosen class will affect their base stats, and their chosen Boon and Bane will affect their growths.  Also, the Avatar will always take a 30% penalty in whatever offensive stat their class does not make primary use of.  For example, if the Avatar starts as a Brigand, their Magic will be reduced, whereas if they start out as a Mage, their Strength will be reduced.

Starts with the E Rank weapon of their base class's Weapon Type as well as a Vulnerary.