Von's Fire Emblem Art

Von Ithipathachai

Claudus.thumb.png.d75bb33aa9522444814649eec7db1e4c.png

Claudus, but now with proper bases and growths.  See the reply showing off his personal Lord class for more information about him.  He is depicted here wielding his personal weapon, Polaris, a powerful magical sword that attacks with Light magic when used from range.  Starts with Polaris and a Vulnerary.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai
Nerfed his base stats to compensate for Paragon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, for future reference, since I'm going to be calculating higher unit stats with growths:

• HP cap is 40 for most unpromoted classes, 50 for Dancers and Therians, and 60 for promoted classes.
    • Certain enemy-only classes may have HP caps of 80.
  • Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, Defense, and Resistance caps are 20 for most unpromoted classes and 35 for Dancers, Therians, and all promoted and enemy-only classes.
  • Constitution cap is 20 for all classes.
  • Movement cap is 10 for all classes.

Carol.thumb.png.24796224eac346c77c98796da3027ed0.png

Carol, but now with proper bases and growths.  See the reply showing off her personal Lord class for more information about her.  She is depicted here wielding her personal weapon, the Chief's Hatchet, which has low Might, but is 1-to-2-Ranged AND is both anti-Beast and anti-Armor.  Starts with the Chief's Hatchet and a Vulnerary.

I also decided to identify her necklace as my continent's version of the Fire Emblem.  In this setting, the Fire Emblem is the most valuable of the Reman royalty's treasures, bestowed upon the royal family by the gods themselves as a sign of approval that the family could rule Rema in Iopter's stead after he'd been sealed away.

Nerfed her base stats to compensate for Paragon

I have decided to introduce the rest of my OCs as they become relevant in the story surrounding my continent, since context will likely be needed for their recruitment into Claudus and Carol's armies.  This story shall be referred to as "Fire Emblem: Uprising" and loosely presented as a hypothetical game/hack involving my OCs (since I do not have the time, knowledge, or resources to actually make my own hack with them).

Fire Emblem: Uprising

Chapter 1: Unrest

Objective: Seize the House

The story begins with Claudus and Cato at their father King Tarquin's side on his deathbed.  Before he passes on, Tarquin laments how the gods have been holding the people of Rema back, and that they must take action to even the playing field (so to speak) for their people.  Flash forward shortly afterwards when Cato is crowned the new king.  His first action is to mobilize the army and begin conquering other territories, starting with those of its neighbors Ferenca and the Aegan Islands.

Flash forward again to the present.  By this time, the Aegan Islands are now Reman territory and Cato is already being referred to as "Emperor".  He calls Claudus, who has been training to fight with a sword and help his brother pursue his goals on the front lines, as well as the Avatar, with whom Claudus has been sparring (unless the Avatar has assumed a Staff-wielding class).  Claudus applauds Cato's progress and tells him he might finally be ready to start fighting.  For his first mission, he is to suppress a revolt on the island of Ioklos with help from his new personal army, the Prince's Guard.  Cato introduces Claudus to his three new subordinates, Billy, Blaise, and Vincenzo.  Claudus questions if these three and the Avatar alone will be sufficient to help him stop an entire rebellion, but Cato insists that they are sufficiently talented fighters for the job, and adds that Sir Ferrum, a veteran knight of Rema, will also accompany them to the islands.  The next morning, they set off.

5941a2b52c9d9_Fernenca_Chap.1.png.010df5a2072990fb5112d5ed2c51af7a.png

When Claudus and his soldiers finally arrive at the port, they find that it has already been overrun by rebel forces.  Though Claudus is intimidated at first, he and his allies begin getting to work clearing the rebels out with encouragement from the Avatar and pointers from Ferrum.

Before looking at the mission in detail, let us take a look at Claudus's new allies:

Vincenzo.thumb.png.4f06ea038143b388b6862cd0d4ec808a.png

Vincenzo acts as the Ogma archetype of the story, a Mercenary with a solid base Level and stats for the first mission of the game.  His good growths all around will make him a potent physical fighter as he gains Levels, and he can do well in either of his promotions to Doppelsöldner or Hero.  Starts with an Iron Sword and Vulnerary.

Billy.thumb.png.c7b3d6fa44a04372664ca582f7d6f9c3.png

Billy is the player's initial Knight (or rather, Heavy Soldier in this story).  His bases don't look terribly impressive, even his Defense, but his Defense growth is high enough that he should still come close to capping it if trained to Level 20 before promotion, and his Resistance growth is extremely high for a Heavy Soldier.  If promoted to Baron, this can make him a very powerful wall, capable of withstanding both strong physical and magical attacks, though these amazing defenses are offset by his poor HP and Speed growths.  Starts with a Bronze Lance and Vulnerary.

Blaise.thumb.png.b018292955284ef8c5453053fc144982.png

Blaise is a typical Archer with a strong focus on Skill, though his Strength is also decent for his class.  Like Vincenzo, he can do well in either of his promotions, said promotions in this case being either Ranger or Sniper.  Starts with an Iron Bow and Vulnerary.  It is also worth noting that most Bows in this story/hypothetical game have 2-3 Range, making Archers and Hunters less redundant when compared to Mages and other classes with access to 1-2 Range weapons.

Ferrum.png.130275d6b0ebb2aa9992c169707f5276.png

Ferrum is the story's Jagen archetype, having the best stats of anyone on the team at the beginning with growths that are average at best and terrible at worst.  He should be used mainly as a last resort and given few kills, not only because he is already promoted and will be an EXP sponge, but also because he will leave Claudus's army after the rebellion is put down.  Starts with a Bronze Sword, Silver Lance, and Elixir.

It should also be noted that Ferrum has plot armor for the duration of his time under the player's control and cannot be permanently killed; if he is defeated, he will simply retreat.

594bc9573f696_Chapter1.png.dd54e8526e02ffb02448d7ae80e2376c.png

The enemies on the map consist of five Fighters (including the boss) and three Myrmidons.  They have set up barricades ideally meant to slow Claudus's advance, though their actual effectiveness is questionable.  Also, note the blue House the Commander is occupying.  These blue Houses are equivalent to thrones or castle gates and can be seized to clear missions.

Throughout the mission, Ferrum will give tips regarding the Weapon Triangle and Bows' 2-3 Range.  Therefore, Claudus and Vincenzo can move to the left to deal with the Fighters, while Billy can move to the right and distract the more accurate Myrmidons.  Blaise can provide either side with support fire if they have trouble dispatching all of the enemies safely by themselves.  The enemy Commander, like his own soldiers, lacks a ranged weapon and can be dispatched with minimal risk with Claudus's Polaris or Blaise's Iron Bow.  He drops 5000 Gold when defeated.

After seizing the house, a wounded Reman soldier makes it through the gate and informs them that there are more rebels causing trouble further into the port town.  Before he dies, he also mentions that the Fury Squadron, an elite unit of Reman Pegasus Riders under the knight Tito, are also fighting there and could use assistance.  But before that, we see what's going on elsewhere on the continent in Chapter 2, which stars Carol.

Overall, this is a simple chapter meant to introduce the most basic mechanics.

Introduced new type of house

I don't have much to say other than this: you should get hired by IS. I don't know how many ideas you have in your head but I would love to see every single one of them.

Edited by Fryer

21 minutes ago, Fryer said:

I don't have much to say other than this: you should get hired by IS. I don't know how many ideas you have in your head but I would love to see every single one of them.

Holy Hell, do you really mean that?  Thanks so much!  Though, they'd probably reject me because I love Axe users and armored units too much (Though, you can't tell that by my current OC output.  Also, Sheena is the best waifu contrary to what other people may say.)

16 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Holy Hell, do you really mean that?  Thanks so much!  Though, they'd probably reject me because I love Axe users and armored units too much (Though, you can't tell that by my current OC output.  Also, Sheena is the best waifu contrary to what other people may say.)

100%. IS should learn how to give Axe wielders and Armor Knights some love. Anyways, in this vision of yours, does pair up and second generation units exist? Or do they have no place for Ferrncan?

40 minutes ago, Fryer said:

100%. IS should learn how to give Axe wielders and Armor Knights some love. Anyways, in this vision of yours, does pair up and second generation units exist? Or do they have no place for Ferrncan?

I agree that armors should get a little more love.  I can't remember what thread this was brought up in, but you'll notice that Intelligent Systems seems to favor (A) Sword-wielders, (B) evasion-oriented units, (C) horse-mounted units, or a combination of the three.

If you'll allow, I'd like to rant a little.  I freaking hate relying on evasion-oriented units unless I'm playing a game like Binding Blade in which enemies generally have low hit rates.  See, evasion is fickle.  If you're an evasion-oriented character, you can have all the Speed you want, but just one bad RNG roll and you're done.

Defense/Resistance, however, is absolute.  Even if the enemy can double you, it won't matter in the slightest if they can't even hurt you.  I like playing with defensive characters instead of evasive ones because it actually feels more strategic and less luck-based.

These maps are presented with the assumption that Pair Up is not involved.  Right now for this I envision S-Supports, but no Child Units, because I can't figure out a good way to implement them.  I would prefer to implement a Genealogy of the Holy War-styled second generation, but can't figure out a proper conflict to give them.  I even had the idea of making Child Units DLC or New Game+ exclusive so that the flow of the story can be experienced without screwing up the pacing.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I agree that armors should get a little more love.  I can't remember what thread this was brought up in, but you'll notice that Intelligent Systems seems to favor (A) Sword-wielders, (B) evasion-oriented units, (C) horse-mounted units, or a combination of the three.

If you'll allow, I'd like to rant a little.  I freaking hate relying on evasion-oriented units unless I'm playing a game like Binding Blade in which enemies generally have low hit rates.  See, evasion is fickle.  If you're an evasion-oriented character, you can have all the Speed you want, but just one bad RNG roll and you're done.

Defense/Resistance, however, is absolute.  Even if the enemy can double you, it won't matter in the slightest if they can't even hurt you.  I like playing with defensive characters instead of evasive ones because it actually feels more strategic and less luck-based.

These maps are presented with the assumption that Pair Up is not involved.  Right now for this I envision S-Supports, but no Child Units, because I can't figure out a good way to implement them.  I would prefer to implement a Genealogy of the Holy War-styled second generation, but can't figure out a proper conflict to give them.  I even had the idea of making Child Units DLC or New Game+ exclusive so that the flow of the story can be experienced without screwing up the pacing.

An FE game where defense is emphasized over offense would be an interesting experience. Either way, I feel relieved when I see posts like this featuring people's ideas for a video game. Whenever I play a video game that I enjoyed, I spend a considerable amount of time figuring out ideas that would work well for my ideal game. The ideas you've posted here really reflect my thought processes, hell even that DLC part.

Anyway I don't really see how children can be implemented well unless some sort of time-skip occurred. I had this one idea where the first generation characters get attacked by the Gharnef archetype (think Validar, Nergal, Lyon, etc.) via ancient magic. Rather than getting killed in the ambush, the first gen becomes encased in stone, leaving their children to grow up and deal with the conflicted world, taking up arms in their years later. I figured this was too similar to what had happened in the plot of Dragon Quest V.

6 hours ago, Zerxen said:

Just wondering, how would the Lords be crafted in a way they aren't broken? They have Paragon and that would make them overleveled.

Oh, dear, I'm not really sure I thought about that!  :(:

I suppose I just assumed the player would simply use them (and their personal weapons) sparingly.  I suppose I could always nerf their base stats.

EDIT: Their base stats have been nerfed slightly.

This game looks really good so far.  Anyway, I feel that Carol is too much weaker than Claudus, as she has less hp, strength, (not that it matters, but) magic, defense and resistance growths.  She does have higher speed and skill, but claudus still has good speed.  Please buff either her strength or resistance growth to make them more balanced compared to each other.

7 hours ago, Echidna_is_Bae said:

Please buff either her strength or resistance growth to make them more balanced compared to each other.

Done!  She now has +1 Resistance and +5% Resistance growth.  Keep in mind, she's basically supposed to be an Axe-wielding Lyn, so she probably won't be as defensive as Claudus.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:05 PM, Fryer said:

Just a little curious about your Skill system:  Do any units have Personal Skills?

No.  However, there are some Skills such as Capture, Aptitude, and Adept that can only be obtained by using their manuals.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2: A Happy Accident

Objective: Seize the House

5957093badeae_Ferenca_Chap.2.png.35fc1df9679d88af773bee136423f1d5.png

Carol's side of the story begins with a dream sequence in which she finds herself sailing on a boat to a remote island on a starry night as heavenly voices tell her to "reclaim her birthright" and "Save Rema...  Save this continent...", adding that they will help her.  She struggles to figure out what's going on before she is woken up by her friends, Elma and Franklin.  Carol has to get ready to raid her first village.

The location shifts to a village in the land of Ferenca that is occupied by Reman soldiers, specifically in the Teutoberg region.  There is a brief scene of a patrolling soldier giving his commander a status report.

As they are talking, Carol, her father, and her friends emerge from a nearby forest.  This village is the target; she and her father discuss her future as the bandits' new leader and her feelings about the raid.  The conversation eventually turns to Carol's "good luck charm", the necklace her mother wore before she died, and how Carol feels more confident with it in her possession.  In addition, her friends reassure her by promising to back her up if things get tough.

Before looking at the mission in detail, let us take a look at Carol's friends:

Elma.thumb.png.6487da511ebd5f7ba30e9b7efd2f0f11.png

Elma is the first Fighter the player obtains.  Her main points over her fellow Axe girl and role model are her better Strength in exchange for Skill and Luck in exchange for Speed.  Her recommended promotion is Hero since her magical abilities will not be terribly impressive.  Starts with a Bronze Axe and Vulnerary.

Also, brownie points if you can guess what television character inspired her design (HINT: She's from an old sitcom about a man who strikes oil).

Franklin.png.d23dc8105bc0510af173c968ed3ce51c.png

Franklin is the player's first Mage, having stats and growths that reflect his class's greater emphasis on evasion than its dark counterpart.  I thought it would be good for his appearance to be reminiscent of that of a Fire Mage, since we never got any playable ones in the Jugdral and Tellius games.  No, Azelle doesn't count.  His ideal promotion will vary with player preference (which is code for "I don't have an opinion on it").  Starts with a copy of Fire and a Vulnerary.

Jack.png.d541bcdb543c7f2fdb4ae3c232331713.png

Jack is the player's first Thief, and an oddly bulky one at that.  In designing him, I wanted to make him Lifis from Thracia 776 done right; Lifis gave me the impression of supposedly being a better physical fighter of the two unpromoted Thieves you get in that game ...except that his physical stats are still unremarkable.  He's another unit that can do well in either of his promotions, and his decent Speed considering his bulk make him a good candidate for the Capture Manual.  Starts with an Iron Dagger and Vulnerary.

Erick.thumb.png.8f131ad126cb06742c901191bb98f77c.png

If Ferrum is the game's Jagen, then Erick is its Oifey, in that his great bases and growths will make him almost but not quite as good as your other units once they reach his level and also because he sticks around for a lot longer.  Like Ferrum, he is an EXP sponge and should be given as few kills as possible in the early game.  Starts with an Iron Axe, Steel Bow, and Vulnerary.

59570ffc5d1cc_Chapter2.png.e885348e678219caa7e03bc77113016b.png

Like with the previous mission, the player must seize the blue House to win.  The enemies mostly consist of Soldiers with a few Mercenaries thrown in.  Since the latter have the Weapon Triangle advantage over the majority of your units, you should use the terrain to help deal with them.  Franklin should especially make use of a forest since he's rather frail and it will bolster his evasion further.  The Commander is a Heavy Soldier who lacks a ranged weapon like his troops and can be easily dispatched with Carol's Chief's Hatchet.  Just make sure you deal with the Soldiers on the forests first.

After the first Enemy Phase, an odd knight on horseback will show up and promptly rush straight into the fray.  Carol can talk to him and unwittingly convince him to help them.

Quixana.thumb.png.6e0c9b8070a1023684c3eca8fac24372.png

Quixana is another mounted unit and, unlike Ferrum on Claudus's side, joins permanently.  He will probably leave a good impression with his eccentric personality and great stats.  His higher Movement will give him particularly good early-game utility for reaching further-off areas and completing side objectives ...like the one in this very map.  Starts with a Bronze Lance and Vulnerary.

He's totally not a ripoff of Don Quixote, by the way.

Anyway, back to the map.  You may have noticed the cracked wall by the other House.  On Turn 2, an enemy Thief will show up and try to destroy it and reach the House.  This is a perfect time for Quixana to save the day; if he hurries, he'll be able to stop the Thief before he can plunder the House, allowing him to claim the extra Vulnerary inside.

Once the house is seized, Carol orders everyone to start searching the houses for valuables now that all the guards seem to be gone, but something is odd.  For one thing, they can't find any valuables.  Also, the townspeople are thanking them for kicking out the Remans.  When the town elder appears, he tells Carol that they are subjects of Duke Leopold, who is in cahoots with the Remans and plunders them himself with high taxes as well as his own raids.  Upon hearing the elder's story, she feels sorry for them, but also realizes that bandits like her would be no better than Leopold and his men to steal from the villagers.  She talks about this with her father, and ultimately resolves to help the people in whatever way she can.  After receiving a humble reward of 5000 Gold from the elder, she decides that she and her comrades will advance on Leopold's castle.

Later, it is revealed that a Reman spy was hiding in the village and observing the entire exchange.  He decides to retreat to General Aetius's camp not far from the village and warn him about the planned attack.

In conclusion, this is another simple chapter that introduces other important gameplay aspects like terrain, Tomes' 1-2 Range, talking to recruitable allies, and saving Houses/Villages.  Hints about all of these are provided throughout the chapter by various characters.

In Chapter 3, Claudus finishes suppressing the Ioklos rebellion and gets more than he bargained for in the process...

• 2 weeks later...

Here you can find a spreadsheet of character data that I will regularly update and tweak as I add new characters into the story.

You may see some blank entries for characters I plan to create, but haven't quite finished yet.

Chapter 3: A Great Sin

Objective: Defeat the Commander

5967b5bc92db9_Ferenca_Chap.3.png.9ded9cce31597243955bf27e1bb2e883.png

The scene opens up as Claudus and company enter the main port town and happen upon the Fury Squadron and the Reman guards under Ajax under assault by rebel soldiers.  Ajax warns Claudus not to underestimate the rebels, as they have surprisingly managed to defeat quite a few Remans, and tells their healer, Helena, to stay behind him.  Tito and Glauce also greet Claudus; Tito is the Fury Squadron's leader, and Glauce is his younger sister and also Claudus's betrothed.

5967bcd7b89fa_Chapter3.thumb.png.5172b03fd9ba53ac2cf6b5052f8395ee.png

Your first priority is to help Ajax and Helena's men ASAP, as the enemy Fighters near them have Hand Axes and can attack or even kill them without fear of retaliation.  Most of your units should go in that direction (especially Blaise, who can help deal with the enemy Archer lurking behind the statue in the center of town), but Billy and Ferrum can take the other side with the Fury Squadron and help deal with those enemies, who will be coming around to attack the others in a pincer formation.

All of the clusters of brown blocks are market stalls, among which are an Armory that sells Bronze and Iron weapons and a Vendor that sells Heal staves and Vulneraries.  The others are solely for decoration.  Ferrum can visit these while your more worthwhile units are fighting.

While we're still on the Player Phase, let's look at our new allies:

Ajax.png.18d849cc66789ebfab6317bf5f27644f.png

Compared to his counterpart, Elma, Ajax is a better physical powerhouse, but has worse Skill, Speed, and Luck to compensate.  His superior Magic and Resistance make him better suited for a Crusader promotion than Elma.  Starts with an Iron Axe and Hand Axe.

Helena.png.0b4122981f0d33f834524f1a45455a44.png

Helena is your first healer, and she is very important to have if you wish to keep your allies alive.  Despite her relatively high base Level, she is still somewhat frail and should be protected if she is to go near any enemies.  Her main areas of focus are Magic, Luck, and Resistance; definitely promote her into a Bishop is you wish to use her, as she will simply be too frail to fight on the front lines as a Crusader.  Starts with Heal and Mend staves and a Vulnerary.

On the first Enemy Phase, Milos, the rebel commander, will briefly cheer on his men, telling them not to let the Reman dogs take away their freedom.  Beware of the Mage at the top right of the map; Billy's Resistance is likely not developed enough to withstand too many attacks from her.  Milos himself is standing on a temple gate to boost his defenses and is armed with a Javelin, making Blaise your only unit who can attack him without retaliation.  When defeated, he will drop a Second Seal that a character can use to reclass.

On the second Ally Phase, Tito will ask Glauce where Drusilla, one of their soldiers, is.  Glauce claims that Drusilla decided to stay out because she was feeling ill.  However, on the third Ally Phase, Drusilla will appear, begging her squad mates to let her catch up.  Noticing something odd going on, the Avatar breaks his suspicions to Claudus and says they might want to see what's going on.

If Claudus or the Avatar talk to Drusilla, she will tell them that someone (probably Glauce and her squad mates) got up early in the morning and hid her clothing and supplies away, forcing her to scour their camp for her things before joining the others in battle.  Furthermore, this is not the first time she has been pranked in such a manner.  Claudus and the Avatar remember this information, and Drusilla and Tito will both become recruitable at later points in the game.  Do not worry if either of them dies, as they will simply retreat if that happens.  (Not that Tito is likely to die anyway, since he is a pre-promoted Falcon Knight and much stronger than his subordinates.)

After the battle, Tito will thank Claudus for helping them and give him a Medal for every allied Soldier and Pegasus Rider who survived (including Drusilla, Glauce, and himself for a typical minimum of three).  These Medals grant full Level Ups when used and can be given to under-Leveled units to catch them up.  If Drusilla was talked to, she will attempt to tell Tito what happened, but he claims not to believe her.  Despite this, he agrees to investigate the matter on Claudus's urging.

In reality, Tito is fully aware that Glauce and her friends are bullying Drusilla, but cannot bring himself to punish his sister for fear of drawing Emperor Cato's ire.  This will change later, however...

After all that, Ferrum is rather upset that Claudus is turning out to be a better fighter than he anticipated, and decides to break his mind if he can't break his body.  With the help of some reinforcements, he rounds up many Aegan civilians in the town square, including women and children; they are all to be executed on the spot, and all that is needed to move forward is Claudus's order.  Claudus and the Avatar are horrified by this development, and the former demands an explanation.  Ferrum claims that they are all guilty of aiding the rebellion by not persuading their fellows to stay put, and that if they live, it will surely lead to more results.  Claudus is almost persuaded to go through with it, but the Avatar convinces him there is no need to kill innocent civilians, and he refuses.  Finally, he attempts to stop Ferrum, but he and the Avatar are held down by stronger men and forced to watch as Ferrum's soldiers violently slaughter every Aegan in the town.  Claudus's shocked friends try to step in, but they too are held back.

After all of the civilians are killed, Ferrum orders the town to be burnt down.  When a distressed Claudus demands to know why he's doing all this, Ferrum calmly reminds him:  "I'm afraid it's part of what you must do for your country, young one.  But I don't suppose a Fenizian mongrel like you could understand.  Welcome to the army..."  With that, they all depart the island; the incident later becomes known as the Massacre of Ioklos.

In Chapter 4, Carol and friends embark on an incursion to raid Leopold's castle, but they run into trouble on the way.

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Chapter 3: A Great Sin

Objective: Defeat the Commander

5967b5bc92db9_Ferenca_Chap.3.png.9ded9cce31597243955bf27e1bb2e883.png

The scene opens up as Claudus and company enter the main port town and happen upon the Fury Squadron and the Reman guards under Ajax under assault by rebel soldiers.  Ajax warns Claudus not to underestimate the rebels, as they have surprisingly managed to defeat quite a few Remans, and tells their healer, Helena, to stay behind him.  Tito and Glauce also greet Claudus; Tito is the Fury Squadron's leader, and Glauce is his younger sister and also Claudus's betrothed.

5967bcd7b89fa_Chapter3.thumb.png.5172b03fd9ba53ac2cf6b5052f8395ee.png

Your first priority is to help Ajax and Helena's men ASAP, as the enemy Fighters near them have Hand Axes and can attack or even kill them without fear of retaliation.  Most of your units should go in that direction (especially Blaise, who can help deal with the enemy Archer lurking behind the statue in the center of town), but Billy and Ferrum can take the other side with the Fury Squadron and help deal with those enemies, who will be coming around to attack the others in a pincer formation.

All of the clusters of brown blocks are market stalls, among which are an Armory that sells Bronze and Iron weapons and a Vendor that sells Heal staves and Vulneraries.  The others are solely for decoration.  Ferrum can visit these while your more worthwhile units are fighting.

While we're still on the Player Phase, let's look at our new allies:

Ajax.png.18d849cc66789ebfab6317bf5f27644f.png

Compared to his counterpart, Elma, Ajax is a better physical powerhouse, but has worse Skill, Speed, and Luck to compensate.  His superior Magic and Resistance make him better suited for a Crusader promotion than Elma.  Starts with an Iron Axe and Hand Axe.

Helena.png.0b4122981f0d33f834524f1a45455a44.png

Helena is your first healer, and she is very important to have if you wish to keep your allies alive.  Despite her relatively high base Level, she is still somewhat frail and should be protected if she is to go near any enemies.  Her main areas of focus are Magic, Luck, and Resistance; definitely promote her into a Bishop is you wish to use her, as she will simply be too frail to fight on the front lines as a Crusader.

On the first Enemy Phase, Milos, the rebel commander, will briefly cheer on his men, telling them not to let the Reman dogs take away their freedom.  Beware of the Mage at the top right of the map; Billy's Resistance is likely not developed enough to withstand too many attacks from her.  Milos himself is standing on a temple gate to boost his defenses and is armed with a Javelin, making Blaise your only unit who can attack him without retaliation.  When defeated, he will drop a Second Seal that a character can use to reclass.

On the second Ally Phase, Tito will ask Glauce where Drusilla, one of their soldiers, is.  Glauce claims that Drusilla decided to stay out because she was feeling ill.  However, on the third Ally Phase, Drusilla will appear, begging her squad mates to let her catch up.  Noticing something odd going on, the Avatar breaks his suspicions to Claudus and says they might want to see what's going on.

If Claudus or the Avatar talk to Drusilla, she will tell them that someone (probably Glauce and her squad mates) got up early in the morning and hid her clothing and supplies away, forcing her to scour their camp for her things before joining the others in battle.  Furthermore, this is not the first time she has been pranked in such a manner.  Claudus and the Avatar remember this information, and Drusilla and Tito will both become recruitable at later points in the game.  Do not worry if either of them dies, as they will simply retreat if that happens.  (Not that Tito is likely to die anyway, since he is a pre-promoted Falcon Knight and much stronger than his subordinates.)

After the battle, Tito will thank Claudus for helping them and give him a Medal for every allied Soldier and Pegasus Rider who survived (including Drusilla, Glauce, and himself for a typical minimum of three).  These Medals grant full Level Ups when used and can be given to under-Leveled units to catch them up.  If Drusilla was talked to, she will attempt to tell Tito what happened, but he claims not to believe her.  Despite this, he agrees to investigate the matter on Claudus's urging.

In reality, Tito is fully aware that Glauce and her friends are bullying Drusilla, but cannot bring himself to punish his sister for fear of drawing Emperor Cato's ire.  This will change later, however...

After all that, Ferrum is rather upset that Claudus is turning out to be a better fighter than he anticipated, and decides to break his mind if he can't break his body.  With the help of some reinforcements, he rounds up many Aegan civilians in the town square, including women and children; they are all to be executed on the spot, and all that is needed to move forward is Claudus's order.  Claudus and the Avatar are horrified by this development, and the former demands an explanation.  Ferrum claims that they are all guilty of aiding the rebellion by not persuading their fellows to stay put, and that if they live, it will surely lead to more results.  Claudus is almost persuaded to go through with it, but the Avatar convinces him there is no need to kill innocent civilians, and he refuses.  Finally, he attempts to stop Ferrum, but he and the Avatar are held down by stronger men and forced to watch as Ferrum's soldiers violently slaughter every Aegan in the town.  Claudus's shocked friends try to step in, but they too are held back.

After all of the civilians are killed, Ferrum orders the town to be burnt down.  When a distressed Claudus demands to know why he's doing all this, Ferrum calmly reminds him:  "I'm afraid it's part of what you must do for your country, young one.  But I don't suppose a Fenizian mongrel like you could understand.  Welcome to the army..."  With that, they all depart the island; the incident later becomes known as the Massacre of Ioklos.

In Chapter 4, Carol and friends embark on an incursion to raid Leopold's castle, but they run into trouble on the way.

So will you be posting the entirety of your game? Don't mean to offend or anything, I am rather glad you are constantly updating this topic. Loving the creativity here. I just don't want to raise my expectations too high if you are just posting a portion.

Just now, Zerxen said:

So will you be posting the entirety of your game? Don't mean to offend or anything, I am rather glad you are constantly updating this topic. Loving the creativity here. I just don't want to raise my expectations too high if you are just posting a portion.

I do plan to post the entirety of it, as much as I can anyway.  (By the way, you don't need to quote an entire one of these chapter posts when you reply to this thread.  Just letting you know because I'd prefer for it not to get any more cluttered than it needs to be.)

What are your thoughts on the story so far?

Honestly it looks great so far, not much to say besides that since only 3 chapters have been posted. From what you have so far, I will tell you that you seem have a clear direction of how the plot will flow and I will give props for that. I find it interesting how you decided to bring back armories. Should this be a genuine game, it will make micromanaging more of a challenge since you cannot pick and choose when to purchase items. I am fond of your medal ideas and it seems like a good way to raise weaker units. Though they really shouldn't be commonplace otherwise it will be broken. Does Mila's Turnwheel exist here?

Just now, Zerxen said:

Honestly it looks great so far, not much to say besides that since only 3 chapters have been posted. From what you have so far, I will tell you that you seem have a clear direction of how the plot will flow and I will give props for that. I find it interesting how you decided to bring back armories. Should this be a genuine game, it will make micromanaging more of a challenge since you cannot pick and choose when to purchase items. I am fond of your medal ideas and it seems like a good way to raise weaker units. Though they really shouldn't be commonplace otherwise it will be broken. Does Mila's Turnwheel exist here?

There is no Turnwheel-like mechanic.  However, to compensate, the player may receive 2-3 mid-chapter saves per chapter.

Maybe to restrict player access to Medals, they could mostly be rewards obtained from completing side objectives, though a few may be found in chests.

Chapter 4: Caught

Objective: Rout the Enemy

5969581dc3142_Ferenca_Chap.4.png.82ede699baff4cdb6d72fb9bbbeb2e20.png

The chapter opens as a troubadour and his bodyguard are departing from a castle off in the distance.  This is Leopold's castle, and these two men are trying to escape from it.  The troubadour expresses his relief to have seemingly escaped, only for he and the mercenary to get surrounded by armed soldiers.  These are Leopold's guards, who are patrolling the outside for intruders.  However, their commander recognizes the troubadour as Leopold's son, and he orders his men to capture them.  They run away until they encounter Carol's group.  Carol asks the troubadour and mercenary who they are: they introduce themselves respectively as Chaucer, son of Duke Leopold, and Mastiff, Chaucer's bodyguard.  Carol explains Leopold's actions and the rest of the situation to Chaucer, and she agrees to protect them if they help fight the guards.

59695a8bb97bb_Chapter4.thumb.png.888d3f9cf915fb8f8228c20366d1453b.png

This is the first chapter with forts, which can be used for defense and healing.  There is also an Armory and Vendor that sell the same items as the ones in the previous chapter.  Other than that, there isn't much else to talk about.  So let's meet Carol's new friends:

Mastiff.png.fcf46185f25bf5b677840524288dcffc.png

Mastiff is the other Mercenary you get, having the edge in HP, defenses, and Constitution over Vincenzo.  His better defenses make him better suited for a Doppelsöldner than Vincenzo.  Starts with an Iron Sword and Kodachi.

Chaucer.png.a62fa59c25ef7f71df9251290049b904.png

Chaucer is the initial healer for Carol's group on top of being another mounted unit.  Compared to Helena, he is both more durable and evasive, but worse at healing.  Promoting him to Hussar will make him stand out more as a physical fighter since his Strength growth is decent for a healer.  Starts with the same equipment as Helena.

Like the previous chapter with Carol, you should make your way towards the boss while taking advantage of forests and forts for evasion bonuses.  Definitely make sure to keep Chaucer out of harm's way and deal with the Hunter adjacent to the boss.

Once all of the enemies have been defeated, Carol asks everyone if they're alright when they are suddenly surrounded by Reman forces led by Aetius, who is the Avatar's father and will have the same hair and skin tone as him/her.  Aetius is one of the more moral Reman generals, being around since before the coup and disagreeing with Reman imperialism.  He recognizes Carol's "good luck charm" as the Fire Emblem, shocked that a member of the original royal family could have survived and realizing that she should be the true ruler of Rema and not Cato.  Before he can do anything to help her, however, his less savory superior Crassus shows up and forces him to hand her and her friends over.  Unable to do anything, Aetius takes the Fire Emblem from Carol for safekeeping and cryptically tells her "not to worry" before her group is taken away to the Reman capital, where they will be forced to fight to the death against numerous gladiators in its famed Colosseum.

In Chapter 5, Claudus begins to question if Rema's conquests are really the best course of action for the country before his ship is attacked by pirates.