Research me

Chocolate Kitty

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking for general(or specific) topics to research & present to the people. Not any particular reason other than I'm bored and want to learn new stuff that I would never think of looking up. In a perfect world I'd present one of these a week (in this topic I guess), and the topic would just be a suggestion in the topic that piques my interested.

Okay that's it, thanks

6 hours ago, rockocalypse said:

Are you wanting to research something FE related? If not, maybe this belongs in Far From the Forest or something like that. I have some suggestions but not sure what you're open to.

No, pretty much everything is open outside; as long as it fits in the forum guidelines.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

This topic is fine where it is.

Let's start with something relatively broad - trance (the music genre).

I know relatively nothing about this, so good first suggestion I say

A suggestion: go to Wikipedia, then click on a random entry. You don't have to read the whole entry if you find it boring, but you'll surely find a link to another entry in it that will catch your attention. Click on it, then repeat the process until you reach an entry with few or no links to other entries. When you do so, go back to Wikipedia's home page and restart the process.

You can go from history to biology, then engineering, then arts, then celebrity talk, then a different country, and so on. You can lose yourself in it in a similar way to TVTropes, with the bonus that you're actually learning useful stuff in Wikipedia.

15 hours ago, Cerberus87 said:

You can lose yourself in it in a similar way to TVTropes, with the bonus that you're actually learning useful stuff in Wikipedia.

TVTropes's Analysis pages are actually quite good (I'm not indirectly claiming you said otherwise, by the way), and some tropes explain concepts well, although they're not as expansive and detailed as a Wikipedia article. I can vouch for most Logic tropes and History Analysis pages, at least.

As for me, I'd like to research how people can turn around that intellectual laziness that stops me from actually studying and researching things, haha. :V

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

TVTropes's Analysis pages are actually quite good (I'm not indirectly claiming you said otherwise, by the way), and some tropes explain concepts well, although they're not as expansive and detailed as a Wikipedia article. I can vouch for most Logic tropes and History Analysis pages, at least.

As for me, I'd like to research how people can turn around that intellectual laziness that stops me from actually studying and researching things, haha. :V

Same here. :D

Well, it wasn't really my intention to criticize TVTropes, as I like it as well.