Pokémon White Scramble Run

It's been a long time since I played Gen V, and the two times I've played through White I used very similar teams, so to mix it up, I decided to do a scramble run. If you haven't heard of it, basically you all pick my Pokemon and their moveset. You can also add one random stipulation, be it "Must solo [insert gym leader here]", "Must be holding [item] at all times", or something as silly as "Must defeat every [x Pokemon] found in the wild". I'm unable to trade or transfer with Gen V, so I can't have Black or BW2 exclusive Pokémon, and I can't evolve Pokémon that need to be traded. With this in mind, have at it!

Have a Maractus named Merengue, that knows Sucker Punch (Lv 42), Solar Beam (TM87), Synthesis (Lv 18), and Sunny Day (Lv 45 or TM11).

Don't use Super Effective moves during the Skyla battle.

Speaking of which, are you going to wipe to N so you can use your full team against him, or just fight him and Ghetsis with Zekrom on your team?

Edited by Emerson

1 minute ago, Emerson said:

Speaking of which, are you going to wipe to N so you can use your full team against him, or just fight him and Ghetsis with Zekrom on your team?

He doesn't have a choice in the matter, as he will have to deposit his highest level Pokemon to make room for Zekrom, who will be in Iron Man mode throughout the fight with N and Ghetsis (no use of Revives).

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

He doesn't have a choice in the matter, as he will have to deposit his highest level Pokemon to make room for Zekrom, who will be in Iron Man mode throughout the fight with N and Ghetsis (no use of Revives).

... Jeez, if I'd done what I was going to do, which was no supereffective moves during the N and Ghetsis battles, that would've been hell...

Use a Golurk named Koloktos and have it learn Fly (HM02), Earthquake (Level 50, as I believe TM26 is only accessible in the post-game), Brick Break (TM 31), and Shadow Punch (Level 13)

You must always lead with Koloktos in every battle. After you catch it, it may never leave the first slot in your party. (Unless it is the highest leveled pokemon by the N fight and you must replace it with Zekrom)

32 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Ghetsis in Ironman must be freaking hard, because his team can punch through pretty much all of the Unova Dex. Very few Pokémon can wall Hydreigon, for example. You pretty much have to kill him before he kills you.

Edited by Cerberus87

Just now, Cerberus87 said:

Ghetsis in Ironman must be freaking hard, because his team can punch through pretty much all of the Unova Dex. Very few Pokémon can wall Hydreigon, for example.

I only said Zekrom had to Ironman. Once (or if) he gets KO'ed, he can battle N and Ghetsis as usual. I should've made it more clear, but only Zekrom needs to ironman.

I have two Suggestions, the "lets have fun" on and the "i'm insane" one. Feel free to pick either or use both.

Let's have fun

USe Blueye, the bascalin you get from an in game trade, who has rock head. I specify that, because gamefreak messed up. all blue striped bascalin with reckless ars supposed to have rock head instead, but this is the only one that does. MOveset: surf, waterfall, double edge, crunch. (i picked this pokemon in case you want something usable but wierd, and to avoid an HM slave). You are allowed to use the micinio that you would trade for it before you get to driftveil city.

I'm insane:

Use a tynamo. named CRT. never evolve said tynamo. Moveset: tackle, thunder wave , spark, charge beam (note that this is tynamo's only possible move-set) I picked this one in case you are masochistic. If you need a team member before this, use a wobat and never evolve it.

6 hours ago, sirmola said:

I have two Suggestions, the "lets have fun" on and the "i'm insane" one. Feel free to pick either or use both.

Let's have fun

USe Blueye, the bascalin you get from an in game trade, who has rock head. I specify that, because gamefreak messed up. all blue striped bascalin with reckless ars supposed to have rock head instead, but this is the only one that does. MOveset: surf, waterfall, double edge, crunch. (i picked this pokemon in case you want something usable but wierd, and to avoid an HM slave). You are allowed to use the micinio that you would trade for it before you get to driftveil city.

I'm insane:

Use a tynamo. named CRT. never evolve said tynamo. Moveset: tackle, thunder wave , spark, charge beam (note that this is tynamo's only possible move-set) I picked this one in case you are masochistic. If you need a team member before this, use a wobat and never evolve it.

I'll use Blueye, because although an unevolved Pokémon sounds fun, I'm just afraid I'd wind up never using CRT and it would defeat the point. I'll use the Woobat until I get Blueye, though!

Although my weakness to Grass types scares me lol there is nothing more shameful than losing to a Petilil

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

Update: Since a lot of these Pokémon aren't in the early game or come in the late game, I'm going to ask for three more early-game Pokémon to supplement my team. Those who posted the original suggestions, @Orange Juice and @Emerson, will have first dibs on choosing the fillers. I am counting @sirmola's Woobat as a fourth early-game Pokémon, so there are still three to choose. Please specify if you are suggesting an early-game Pokémon or not, because I would be unsure if you wanted it on my endgame team or to be cut for another Pokémon later in the game. Thank you!!

Roggenrola for your early-game team. It'll help with Lenora without trivializing the fight entirely.

First of all, I'm going to point out that you do not, in fact, need Zekrom on your team for the final two battles. The game actually gives you an option to send Zekrom to your PC, which I have used on 2 separate playthroughs.

Secondly, take a Patrat as your early game supplement. 

I'll get rolling on the game, then, since I have a 3-mon team for early game, just need one more filler. I still need 2 more endgame Pokémon for my team and this thread isn't exactly exploding, so if anybody wants to double dip that'd be cool.

I'd like to add a Klinklank named Charge with the moveset Charge, Charge Beam, Discharge, and Wild Charge.

this is the stupidest idea ever and i love it

Charge + Wild Charge should do some good damage, even if it isn't STAB. The magnet item should boost it even more. Discharge has high Paralysis chance, and it can be boosted by Charge Beam, as well as Charge.

Edited by Emerson

15 hours ago, sirmola said:

I'm insane:

C'mon man, that's torture. You should be ashamed of suggesting this to the OP, as you clearly feed on the suffering of others. :D

Not to mention you can't play through the game with Tynamo unless you cheat or receive an egg.

Edited by Cerberus87

41 minutes ago, Emerson said:

I'd like to add a Klinklank named Charge with the moveset Charge, Charge Beam, Discharge, and Wild Charge.

Charge + Wild Charge should do some good damage, even if it isn't STAB. The magnet item should boost it even more. Discharge has high Paralysis chance, and it can be boosted by Charge Beam, as well as Charge.

Yoooooooooo I love Klinklang, this is totally in despite the dumb moveset lol

3 hours ago, Cerberus87 said:

C'mon man, that's torture. You should be ashamed of suggesting this to the OP, as you clearly feed on the suffering of others. :D

Not to mention you can't play through the game with Tynamo unless you cheat or receive an egg.

Ther's a reason that I included it as an option to only use if he was masochistic, and included something decent that no one ever seems to use is an alternative. I had a hard time gauging how much of a challenge he wanted.

4 hours ago, Emerson said:

Klinkkang can't learn wild charge until BW2, so you can't use this moveset without trading.

8 hours ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

I'll get rolling on the game, then, since I have a 3-mon team for early game, just need one more filler. I still need 2 more endgame Pokémon for my team and this thread isn't exactly exploding, so if anybody wants to double dip that'd be cool.

What about actualy using a simisear for the whole game? I've never seen anyone use one after gym 3

Simisear named kiki (which is may favorate sort of nickname because it includes at least 2 references). Moveset: Lots of sismisear's thing is all the great TMs he learns. Make sure to mix up his moveset often. Item: berries, because glutteny sounds iteresting. A flying gem if you decide to abuse the fact that flying gem's effect stacks with acrobatics' effect (although the flying jem is consumable, so you will probably only get one or two shots of that)

Alright, that's a team!

We have...

DOGA the Tirtouga/Carracosta

Merengue the Maractus

Koloktos the Golett/Golurk

Blueye the Basculin

Charge the Klinklang

Kiki the Michael Jackson Fire Monkey

With guest appearances of a Patrat, Woobat, and a Roggenrola (names tbd)

And a cameo of one badass, hardcore, ironman-mode Zekrom

Also, @sirmola, I'm guilty there, I always dropped my Simisear for a different Fire type in all three of my Gen V playthroughs, I used Darmanitan in my first White run, Chandelure in the second, and in White 2 I used the Lv.35 Volcorona.

28 minutes ago, sirmola said:

Klinkkang can't learn wild charge until BW2, so you can't use this moveset without trading.

Oh. Right. Dang it...

no move then since he has no other move with charge in it

Just now, Wayward Alchemist said:

Would you say the lack of charge........

Hide contents

Grinds your gears?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

puns give me life yet taketh it away

Update! We got bois

JoJo - Lv.7 Oshawott - Temp Extraordinaire, basically just a Jeigan for this Patrat and a means to getting Pansear, nothing noteworthy about him.

Widowmaker - Lv.4 Patrat - Her name is Widowmaker because nObOdY cAn HiDe fRoM mY SiGHTS

Edit: Also, I tried taking pictures, but apparently the pictures my phone takes are too big to upload (like in terms of bytes). Anything I can do to make them small enough to upload?

2 minutes ago, Emerson said:

IS THAT A MUTHERFRICKIN' JOJOS REFERENCE

Also, try uploading them to imgur first? That could help.

Firstly, YES, YES, YES, oh my god....

Secondly, those images are beautiful

Also that might just work, I'll give it a shot.