Recent bans on players

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

What's wrong with that?

Just informing since I think some players are playing through emulators or rooted devices. Better not to pay orbs in case of risk getting ban. Also to switch to playing on an unrooted phones if available to be safe. :)  I made a recent post about this kind of thing and was afraid this might happen.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh. So are they actively going out to hunt for these people?

No clue so far I only heard 3 people mention about their bans and only this one has their reasons explain to them the other 2 only got "sorry we can't give any details on why you get banned." . But this made people who don't have access to the game because of region lock and is resort to using 3rd party app like qooapp to play to be scare for their lives. 

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

No. It just means that they are flagging potential cheaters.

Yeah, the ban doesn't seems to be severe, it just feature like friends and arena is gone, so they probably reviewing the account in detail. They might unban them but who knows.

49 minutes ago, OverlordShadow said:

Yeah, the ban doesn't seems to be severe, it just feature like friends and arena is gone, so they probably reviewing the account in detail. They might unban them but who knows.

That was the old ban. New ban prevents everything if severe enough.

Edited by Clogon

11 minutes ago, Clogon said:

That was the old ban. New ban prevents everything if severe enough.

Yeah that seems to be the case. I guess with the new arena implemented they are trying to track down on hackers more than ever.

Has anyone heard of Bluestack players getting hit or not? While I mainly hear of Nox users getting hit I'm always nervous about my emulator getting hit, particularly since I might reluctantly buy one full summon worth of orbs for a final crack at the Ike banner later. 

5 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Has anyone heard of Bluestack players getting hit or not? While I mainly hear of Nox users getting hit I'm always nervous about my emulator getting hit, particularly since I might reluctantly buy one full summon worth of orbs for a final crack at the Ike banner later. 

You might want to check if you're even able to buy orbs. I used to play on Bluestacks before getting a phone and at one point, I started getting an error that stopped me from buying orbs, which I think was caused by Google's Safetynet detecting that I was playing on an unrooted device.

I would stop using emulators right now.  If you're on Android and have two Nintendo accounts, just set up your phone with multiple user accounts so you can play both accounts on your phone.

I also don't know why everyone roots their android device.  I could understand Jailbreaking iOS but android already grants you access to do everything you could possibly need.  The reasons most people root their devices are silly like "I don't like this part of the UI(/some other silly thing) so I voided my warranty, support, and compatibility with certain apps so I could change it"

I'm also skeptical - people always pretend they weren't cheating when they get banned.  If you are moving files around in your game directory, of course you should be banned, doesn't matter what you were doing.  I don't know why people were thinking it's ok.

I've been sticking to free to play, but I have to use Bluestacks because my phone can't handle Heroes, so I hope that doesn't get messed with.

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

You might want to check if you're even able to buy orbs. I used to play on Bluestacks before getting a phone and at one point, I started getting an error that stopped me from buying orbs, which I think was caused by Google's Safetynet detecting that I was playing on an unrooted device.

Already have been able to in the past, but it was a very minor purchase (got me two orbs).

I would play on my phone instead, but the iPhone 4S can't quite handle the game. Crashes 90% of the time I try to load, and then if I do manage to get past it doesn't take much to crash.

I've heard the same from previous posts here.  Though its interesting to actually see a post from Nintendo.  Personally I will not play this game on bluestacks or a rooted phone (and I use bluestacks a bit and swear by it as being one of the best emulators for andriod game play).  I would skip buying orbs on bluestacks though, or sharing access to your phone account with bluestacks.  Better safe than sorry.

I would love to hug Nintendo for hunting hackers here though.  They really dampen the game, and the arena is quite fun.

5 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

I would love to hug Nintendo for hunting hackers here though.  They really dampen the game, and the arena is quite fun.

I dunno, I'm curious how many +10s are hacked in and how many are just people with way too much money to blow.  Personally, I think they need to make it easier for F2P to move up so they provide more competition for the whales.  I have been expecting a +1 consumable for a while now...

3 hours ago, Katrisa said:

It just seems like overkill to me. Tons of people are playing and paying them through emulators like Nox and Bluestacks, which might requires you use QooApp to get the games. Banning people who play the game without cheating because they can't play the game on their phone seems extremely harsh. Someone who spent 700$ on the game got his account banned because the only way he could get heroes on his phone was by using QooApp.

Some people on Reddit are speculating on how far Nintendo can look back on this because plenty of people initially played their account using emulators and the possibility of having their account banned because of that one instance is scary prospect. That's without mentioning all the youtubers who use emulators to record HD footage of the game. 

Though I must say a lot of these fears are based of this response someone who got banned received from Nintendo when doing an inquiry, which said that the account got flagged the moment the game was first played on a rooted device.

Sure, removing cheaters is good, but if a sizable portion of the player base gets screwed over by it, Nintendo's over-zealousness could very well end up hurting the game more than anything cheaters might do.

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

I dunno, I'm curious how many +10s are hacked in and how many are just people with way too much money to blow.  Personally, I think they need to make it easier for F2P to move up so they provide more competition for the whales.  I have been expecting a +1 consumable for a while now...

I'd be very surprised if this was ever implemented since the goal of a gacha game is to entice you into spending money to get what you want. It's the same reason as to why I think unit trading will never be a thing.

This is worrying. I play on an emulator because I don't have a phone, and it has to be rooted because the only way to get past the regular connection errors is to delete a file. So... if Nintendo keeps cracking down like this, I'm out of luck.

Fortunately I haven't had any problems so far. I hope they don't take this too far, because I know I'm not the only one in this situation.

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

It just seems like overkill to me. Tons of people are playing and paying them through emulators like Nox and Bluestacks, which might requires you use QooApp to get the games. Banning people who play the game without cheating because they can't play the game on their phone seems extremely harsh. Someone who spent 700$ on the game got his account banned because the only way he could get heroes on his phone was by using QooApp.

I agree with you on the emulators to some extent.  Being the majority of players on emulators are simply playing the game.  I'll admit its a tricky hill though.  By blocking emulator users and root users you eliminate many users at the source. Its unquestionably harder to hack the game on a non rooted android device.  I'm not sure how I feel about the issue.  Especially since as you pointed out.  Most of our HD videos come from emulation captured devices, not hardware.

I don't own a smartphone or a tablet. So Nox Is pretty much the only option for me. Guess I'll just risk it untill I get banned. After that it's just bye bye to this game.

My phone is somehow locked out for some reason from the play store from getting the official version.

So I had to get QooApp to install it.

Haha.

Absolutely wonderful.

Belinda and I whaled on the hero fest.

If they were going to ban people just for rooted devices, they should have done so right at the start.

Edited by shadowofchaos

13 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd be very surprised if this was ever implemented since the goal of a gacha game is to entice you into spending money to get what you want. It's the same reason as to why I think unit trading will never be a thing.

True, but there's a lot of other issues like limited time units being worthless because you can't + them unless you spend 1k orbs on the banner which less than 1% of whales probably do.  Other units it makes sense because you can slowly build them up during their focus or randomly during another focus.  Getting + consumables every once and a while (like once a month) would make you prioritize which units to + based on how hard they are to +.

I think the people who want unit trading are coming from Pokemon.  I would just get up and leave if they had unit trading.  Totally defeats the purpose of getting a rare unit when you can just summon 10 Firs and trade them around for a Hector or something.  Also, as much as I hate summoning a 5* I don't care about, I don't want to be able to trade it for another 5* because then I'll have everything I want all the time.

13 hours ago, Silith13 said:

I don't own a smartphone or a tablet. So Nox Is pretty much the only option for me. Guess I'll just risk it untill I get banned. After that it's just bye bye to this game.

You can trade your regular cellphone to a Smartphones in phone stores. I did get my Samsung Galaxy J3 Android phone for free since I did traded my previous phone which it's a regular cellphone and the data plan was ended on last June.

Note that this does not say that they banned the account for using a rooted device/unofficial version, just that they don't offer support because of that. Most likely received a ban for other activities. If players were being banned simply for using emulators/rooted devices forums and reddit would be blowing up, not just seeing a few isolated complaints.

Hmm I understand both sides here, personally I used a emulator on my pc for about 3 weeks before eventually deleting it due to pc issues. I never went far in it, was just summoning at the start trying to get good stuff *best I ever got was 5* Roy and 5* Elise but before I could create an nintendo account those files got corrupted* I still play the game now it's just originally I couldn't on my phone, so I had to play on my dads phone until I got a new one, and the pc was just me filling the summoning urges.