Sales in general.

Since the rest of the world is getting Echoes in 9 days (as of the time of posting), how well has it been doing in Japan after a month of being out? And how is the game faring for preorders in the US and Europe?

As of May 7, it's sold 169,154 units in retail(source) and sold through 80% of its initial shipment which I posted about in another topic. It's sold more than this, as the numbers don't count digital downloads. As for US/European preorders, we don't have any data for that, but it's currently the best selling 3ds game on amazon.

Hope that helped.

Last time I've heard, the game sold through 80% of its initial shipment which isn't bad at all, all things considered and comparing it to old non-3DS/Archanea saga games.

As for the number of preorders... I honestly don't know but considering the special editions are sold out completely, I have a good feeling!

Its 80% of initial shipment which is fine but decrease every week with at least right now 164k so still low but not bad for a remake of a black sheep game still low expectations overseas first weeks alway leaves  impressions also not considering "Limited Editions" as "good signs" as they are small and limited with no restock we'll see I'm waiting for the full week after the 19th.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

People think 4/5 is bad for some reason, but it really isn't. Considering this game was announced only 3 months before release (in Japan), this game was obviously meant as a side title, unlike Awakening or Fates. I think Nintendo should be pretty happy with these results and the chances of more remakes are high.

2 hours ago, Lord Raymond said:

People think 4/5 is bad for some reason, but it really isn't. Considering this game was announced only 3 months before release (in Japan), this game was obviously meant as a side title, unlike Awakening or Fates. I think Nintendo should be pretty happy with these results and the chances of more remakes are high.

Nintendo is weird like that so its not surprising for alot to think like this plus remakes are obvious since for Echoes it was hinted from all the Gaiden references from Awakening/Fates plus it not being a blockbuster title was obvious from the little-barely marketing it got it was always intended to be a side title to hold over fans.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

20 hours ago, Calico said:

As for US/European preorders, we don't have any data for that, but it's currently the best selling 3ds game on amazon.

Fire Emblem Echoes beat pokemon in terms of Amazon preorders?

Edited by Thran Starcrod

53 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Wait what? I need to see this.

Edit: oh wait, that was a question, not a statement. My bad.

Edited by Armagon

34 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

So far it sold better than PoR/RD in Japan.

If it didn't, then it would be worrying, since Tellius has the lowest sales in Japan, along with Thracia.

2 hours ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Ah, no, sorry, the way I worded it must have been misleading. Amazon has a section where you can see what is currently the bestselling product for the hour. It doesn't show you what the bestselling games of all time are, just what people are buying right now. I only mentioned it because Echoes has been on the top of the list for a while now. Admittedly, it doesn't really mean anything because that could mean it sells 7 more copies compared to the second highest, or 700 more.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If it didn't, then it would be worrying, since Tellius has the lowest sales in Japan, along with Thracia.

Thracia was released when the N64 was publicly available and on top of it, it was a flash cart type game where you had to bring a special super famicom cart to a place and buy the game to download it. 

4 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Thracia was released when the N64 was publicly available and on top of it, it was a flash cart type game where you had to bring a special super famicom cart to a place and buy the game to download it. 

Not only was it released when the N64 was available, but it was also released like 2 years before the GameCube was released. 

10 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Not all of them. I own a SF cart that is hardwired Thracia. Flash is the more common way to own it, but they did mint Thracia carts.

Fun fact: Thracia 776 was the last SFC cart officially produced.

6 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Not all of them. I own a SF cart that is hardwired Thracia. Flash is the more common way to own it, but they did mint Thracia carts.

Fun fact: Thracia 776 was the last SFC cart officially produced.

Yeah. the two versions are actualy slightly different.in just enough ways to cause confusion on these forums, (you can't SSS rank the Nintendo power version), for instance. I heard the cart version was mail order only, but could not find confirmation.

THe downlodable service was called "nintendo power" (no relation to the magasine). The idea was that each cart could hold several games, and they cost much less than they did when first released. There were several exclusive games for it.