who do you ship blazing sword guys with?

?Lemonlime Lucius?

Eliwood - Ninian

Hector - Florina

Rath - Lyn

Kent - Fiora

Wil - Rebecca

Erk - Priscilla

Matthew - Serra

Bartre - Karla

Pent - Louise

Jaffar - Nino

Yeah that's pretty much it. Pent and Louise, as well as Bartre and Karla are pretty straightforward.

First three pairings are confirmed in the official novelization of Fire Emblem 7 as pointed out by shadowofchaos725 here:

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/52084130629/fe7-angering-some-shippers

If we count secret endings, then Roy and Lilina too cause they are adorable.

Edited by DragonLord

Lyn x Kent. I'm surprised so many people ship Lyn x Hector or Eliwood, I see them more like buddies. Personally, I always go A Lyn and B Sain for Kent.

Also Hector x Florina because she's adorable and I want her to fall in love and there's no other choice. No Lyn doesn't count.

Eliwood×Ninian, Hector×Farina, Kent×Fiora, Wil×Rebecca, Erk×Priscilla, Matthew×Serra, Harken×Isadora, Bartre×Karla, Pent×Louise.

Edited by Vaximillian

Eliwood/Ninian for story reasons, Sound Room, and for the extended Final Chapter ending cutscene.

Hector/Lyn for story reasons, for the Sound Room, and the conversations that you otherwise can't see without them paired up.

Nino/Jaffar for story reasons.

Kent/Fiora for supports.

Dart/Farina for supports.

Will/Rebecca for childhood friendship, and sense-making.

Priscilla/Erk for the least screwed-up ending Priscilla has.

Harken/Isadora because of their previous relationship.

Rath/Villager to pair the spares.

18 hours ago, fangpoint333 said:

Sain/Serra

The two don't marry, though. Not to mention, it's their conversations where we see that Serra's a Hector/Lyn shipper.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:50 AM, Enaluxeme said:

I'm surprised so many people ship Lyn x Hector or Eliwood, I see them more like buddies. 

Ten words: I can't smack a woman I've lost my heart to.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:51 PM, DragonLord said:

First three pairings are confirmed in the official novelization of Fire Emblem 7 as pointed out by shadowofchaos725 here:

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/52084130629/fe7-angering-some-shippers

The novelization isn't canon. The fact that it's published by Square-Enix is a dead giveaway to that.

Edited by Just call me AL

1 hour ago, Just call me AL said:

The novelization isn't canon. The fact that it's published by Square Enix is a dead giveaway to that.

Should have worded that differently, not saying it's "canon" per say. Doesn't change the fact though that it was an officially licensed product, and they didn't need to go ahead and state those pairings. In my opinion, it just lends credence to who is more likely to end up together. Again, just my opinion. I think Lyn/Rath makes more sense in terms of Lyn's character, she always yearned the plains and her Sacae heritage, and her endings with Hector or Eliwood go strongly against her beliefs. 

Edited by DragonLord

37 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

Should have worded that differently, not saying it's "canon" per say.

You're saying that Hector/Florina and Lyn/Rath were "confirmed" by officially licensed fanfiction published by a video game company that has nothing to do with the development of games in the Fire Emblem series. I'm pretty sure that confirmed and canon have identical enough meanings to be used interchangeably. And besides, "confirmation" isn't what happened when said officially licensed fanfiction reached the shelves in Japan.

Doesn't change the fact though that it was an officially licensed product, and they didn't need to go ahead and state those pairings.

A collection of books bearing Square-Enix's name is not the same as confirmation by Nintendo or I.S. The fact that Nintendo officially licensed it only made it legal for printing. It doesn't mean that those books contain what Nintendo or I.S. intended to happen. Otherwise, Hector/Florina and Lyn/Rath would have gotten the most non-support interactions out of Lyn's and Hector's pairs, and unlocked songs in the Sound Room, instead of Hector/Lyn. (For an example of how Square-Enix's pairing views differ from Nintendo's and I.S.'s, back when Square-Enix were Enix and Squaresoft, Enix published an FE4 manga. And in it, Lex and Raquesis were paired with each other. Who did I.S. end up pairing up with Raquesis? Beowulf, at least in Diarmud's case. Considering that Diarmud is canonically Beowulf's son in addition to Raquesis', and that there was something in FE5's development about Nanna being able to use the Beo Sword.) And besides, the official 20th Anniversary art book gives a whole lot more emphasis on Hector/Lyn than Hector/Florina and Lyn/Rath.

In my opinion, it just lends credence to who is more likely to end up together.

Just like how the FE13 drama CDs "lend credence" to Chrom/Villager happening, despite FE13 itself shipping Chrom X Sumia or Robin? Or the FE4 manga published by Enix "lends credence" to Lex/Raquesis happening? I ask because those examples are of the same kind of argument that I see here. The FE7 novelization by Square-Enix just doesn't have the same level of canon status as something like the MLP:FiM comics by IDW (for a lack of better examples) to even make such an argument work.

I think Lyn/Rath makes more sense in terms of Lyn's character, she always yearned the plains and her Sacae heritage, and her endings with Hector or Eliwood go strongly against her beliefs. 

Fun fact: When she's paired with Eliwood or Hector, she never mentions wanting to return to Sacae even once in the main story.

Plus, I'm pretty sure not allowing anyone else to bear the same pain that she bore is one of her beliefs as well, and her not ending up with Hector goes against that belief. In Hector's story, she even starts getting emotional upon hearing about Uther's fate from Nergal's exchange with Hector, and thinking about how Hector's reacted to it. (And no supports are even needed to see the conversation where she does indeed start getting emotional about Hector's taking Uther's fate.)

3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

The novelization isn't canon. The fact that it's published by Square Enix is a dead giveaway to that.

SE does print publishing on the side? Imagine SE getting their hands on FE.

SerraxHector for me. It might not be shown to end in marriage, but honestly I could see it happening.

RavenxRebecca wouldn't be bad, but their relationship comes off as a little brother-sister. RebeccaxWil works better romantically.

KentxFiora are similarly muted, but that makes the pairing kinda dull. Farina livens things up, but it isn't quite as natural. DartxFarina is never romantic, but I could see things ending that way.

9 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Eliwood/Ninian for story reasons, Sound Room, and for the extended Final Chapter ending cutscene.

Hector/Lyn for story reasons, for the Sound Room, and the conversations that you otherwise can't see without them paired up.

Nino/Jaffar for story reasons.

Kent/Fiora for supports.

Dart/Farina for supports.

Will/Rebecca for childhood friendship, and sense-making.

Priscilla/Erk for the least screwed-up ending Priscilla has.

Harken/Isadora because of their previous relationship.

Rath/Villager to pair the spares.

The two don't marry, though. Not to mention, it's their conversations where we see that Serra's a Hector/Lyn shipper.

Ten words: I can't smack a woman I've lost my heart to.

The novelization isn't canon. The fact that it's published by Square-Enix is a dead giveaway to that.

I picked Serra/Sain just because she seems like really the only person who would match his level of energy. It seemed to me like all of his other supports would quickly get sick of his whole over enthusiastic flirting. Pairing him up with anyone is tricky though since he goes after everyone. To be honest I can't really see how he could end up with anyone.

I picked Rebecca/Raven even though they don't have an ending as well. It's one of the few times where we get to see him not be a giant stick in the mud.

Eliwood and Lyn Ninian (Used to be Lyn but as you age... it didnt make sense)

Hector and Lyn

Hawkeye and Sonia (Oh it's true ... it's damn true!)

Edited by Ryuke

Eliwood and Ninian: I actually hate this damsel and knight in shining armor dynamic, but everyone else are just rebound so...

Hector and Lyn: They are honestly great together, I don't particularly like their support but every other interaction is priceless. I don't think I would be able stomach EliNian without their bickering.

Mathew x Serra : This fellow really need someone to distract him after... you know... And she is right person for job. 

Hector x Lyn - They're entertaining and I love their interactions, plus the game pushes them.

Eliwood x Ninian - Truth be told, I don't like any of Eliwood's options. I prefer Lyn and Fiora with other guys and Ninian is boring as shit, imo. But yeah. Game pushes these two too.

Sain x Fiora - Their supports are so adorable and I especially loved Fiora's line at the end of the A support, so clever. I've given them kids too. A boy named Nicolas, Nick for short, and his little sister, Emily.

Kent x Florina - Due to Florina's shyness around men. Kent is polite and a gentleman, so I feel like Florina would warm up to him the quickest. Plus, in-laws with Sain and Fiora!

Wil x Rebecca - Childhood friends, almost always a sucker for it. :P

Erk x Serra - OMG the comedy!

Jaffar x Nino - They're pretty damn touching.

Dart x Farina - They seem cute.

Edited by Anacybele

Eliwood/Lyn

Hector/Farina

Nino/Jaffar

Harken/Isadora

Wil/Rebecca best archer family

Heath/Priscilla, despite not normally liking tragic romantic endings.

Sain/being forever alone

Pent/Louise and Bartre/Karla, because they're canon, mostly.

Edited by AzureSen

Eliwood x Ninian

Hector x Florina

Lyn x Rath

Lucius x Raven

Priscilla x Heath

Rebecca x Lowen and Wil (I headcanon she dates Lowen for a while but breaks it off and gets with Wil)

Nino x Jaffar

Erk x Serra

Kent x Fiora

Dart x Farina

Isadora x Harken

Karla x Bartre

And of coarse...

Marcus x Merlinus