New banner: Rite of Shadows

EN:

Spoiler

JP:

Spoiler

The new banner, Rite of Shadows has been announced! It's an all-mage banner, and lots of new skills and even tomes to go around.

New tomes:

Ragnarok (Celica exclusive)
14 MT
When user is at 100% health, Atk and Spd +5 during the battle
When attacking with the above buff active, user loses 5 HP after battle

Gronnowl+/Blárowl
10 MT
During combat, user's Atk/Spd/Def/Res all boosted by (number of adjacent allies x 2)

New skills:

Distant Def (A)
When defending against Bows, Daggers, Magic and Staves, Def and Res +6 during the engagement

Earth Boost (A)
At the start of an engagement, when unit has at least 3 HP more than the enemy, Def +6 during the engagement

Wrathful Staff (B)
Damage penalty on staves removed

Blue Tome Exp (C)
If unit survives to the end of a battle, all Blue Tomes gain 2x EXP

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this banner. But a new story chapter eh? Hopefully it'll also include Alm's Party since you know, it would be weird not to.

4 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Genny has a really good skill. But at the same time I'd like to focus on pulling either Celica or Boey. But also Mae. Ahn.

I'd say all four colors are worth pulling this time, since the Owl tomes might be good for inheritance at the very least.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'd say all four colors are worth pulling this time, since the Owl tomes might be good for inheritance at the very least.

Totally agree, I think it's actually worth trying every color this time.

First unequal gender main banner. This makes me very unhappy. I don't want it to set a precedent, honestly >.<

I'm not even sure I want to pull on it anymore. None of the characters particularly catch my eye - I was hoping for Atlas or even Conrad -.-

Oh well. Good luck to people pulling. I think I'm going to waste my current orbs on this banner trying to get M!Corrin ^.^

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

First unequal gender main banner. This makes me very unhappy. I don't want it to set a precedent, honestly >.<

I'm not even sure I want to pull on it anymore. None of the characters particularly catch my eye - I was hoping for Atlas or even Conrad -.-

Oh well. Good luck to people pulling. I think I'm going to waste my current orbs on this banner trying to get M!Corrin ^.^

This is Celica's starting troupe, so it's not really IS going out of their way to make an unbalanced banner or anything.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This is Celica's starting troupe, so it's not really IS going out of their way to make an unbalanced banner or anything.

I know what it is and I don't care. They managed to make Alm's gender equal. Clair was not in his starting troupe - she was added part way. His starting troupe are the villagers and Lukas, who set out from the village. I'm disappointed in the banner, personally, but I hope others get the pulls they want.

Though, admittedly, nearly all the GHB battles are male. The bit that worries me, though, are the special banners, if they start making them unbalanced...

Edited by Cute Chao

30 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Going to pull only reds until I get Celica. Once I get her I'm going to do full pulls since everyone else looks pretty great.

Same here. This is the first banner I actually want to pull all of the characters, for their skills at least.

I wonder in the new owl tomes will encourage Spur based team compositions. With Boey's tome, A skill, and 3 Spur Defense characters, he could end up with +24 defense! 

Elise/Lachesis new meta? Genny has pioneered a new web of possibilities. 

But yeah, this banner looks amazing! I'm definitely gonna pull for Celica and Boey, who looks absolutely monstrous with his abilities. (He has to have over 30 defense naturally. Did you guys see how much damage he did with Ignis WITHOUT his +6 skill activating? He's a monster).

Now if only Ike would come home so I could focus on this banner instead....

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I wonder in the new owl tomes will encourage Spur based team compositions. With Boey's tome, A skill, and 3 Spur Defense characters, he could end up with +24 defense! 

I'm guessing -Blade will generally still be the way to go, because Spur stacking is hard to maintain during Player Phase, and might not always be practical against stuff like Horse Emblem that can cover a lot of squares.

Also, the AI won't ever take advantage of Spurs, so -Blades are probably 100% better for Defense.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Hey, didn't we joke about Ragnarok acting like a Fury of sorts?

You were sort of correct...

What if Ragnarok also prevented negative side effects so the -5 HP doesn't happen

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm guessing -Blade will generally still be the way to go, because Spur stacking is hard to maintain during Player Phase, and might not always be practical against stuff like Horse Emblem that can cover a lot of squares.

Also, the AI won't ever take advantage of Spurs, so -Blades are probably 100% better for Defense.

What if Ragnarok also prevented negative side effects so the -5 HP doesn't happen

That's true, I can't see Blade tomes being dethroned any time soon. But the speed/def/res boost potential (+6 to all stats plus whatever the spurs give you) sounds interesting.

6 minutes ago, Doof said:

Elise/Lachesis new meta? Genny has pioneered a new web of possibilities. 

But yeah, this banner looks amazing! I'm definitely gonna pull for Celica and Boey, who looks absolutely monstrous with his abilities. (He has to have over 30 defense naturally. Did you guys see how much damage he did with Ignis WITHOUT his +6 skill activating? He's a monster).

Now if only Ike would come home so I could focus on this banner instead....

I doubt that, since healers lack high Damage Specials, but it will be much easier for them to finish of units or maybe even kill units that have very low Res

It's crazy cool, especially the skills. I expected way less. Genny's character looks so beautiful I I wouldn't even be mad If I drew the healer this time around.
Plus, there is an summonable unit from every orb color. The hype is on.
Just noticed how Boey's defense must  be nuts for a mage. The hype is way on!

Edited by r4v1sh

They all look really good, assuming they have good stats to go along with those skills. Celica and Mae are what I'd like most. I wouldn't mind Genny for her staff damage skill too. It'd be really fun to do something like give Elise the skill to make her a mixed healer/attacker on a horse team.

I know they're trying to bait me again like the Ike banner, though. I just know if I blow my orbs on this they'll pull something really good right after as the surprise, whether it's the speculated wedding banner or a straight summer swimsuit one. If it's the latter I'll beat my orb-less head against a wall.

they all look nice

will having the staff damage skill finally let you use attacking skills on healers or will those skill quotes be forever unused

either way i'll definitely do some summoning on this focus

I don't mind that we get more girls since it's Celica's starting group.
Compared to some other banners, I actually want to pull all the characters. Everyone has a good art and the new tomes/skills look cool.  

Poor girl Genny is trying too hard to get older men like Saber's attention by judging her art lol.

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They. Have. Tomes.

What is this?

I cannot believe that I didn't notice this. Now that's funny.

12 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They. Have. Tomes.

What is this?

Tbh I think the reason is mostly due to the mechanics of Heroes being tomes instead of basically using your life energy to attack people.