I can't believe my eyes

4 words:

Spoiler

R A G N A R O K   P L U S   R E N E W A L

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrathful Staff?  Healers are worth using now?

I didn't notice the gender imbalance until you mentioned it, nor that they had all been equal until now.  Actually, it's going to eventually have the men far outnumber the girls, since there's generally more guy units than girls in each game, and we've already got a ton of the girls from each game.

Damn. Well I'm conflicted. I want Linde but I also want one of the new banner characters. Especially Boey. Could very much have another tank mage alongside Robin.

I'm definitely rolling for Genny. If I still have extra orbs then I'll try rolling for Boey too. Anyway, I'm glad the whole "gender balance" thing was broken by this main banner. I don't understand what was some people's obsession with always wanting to keep it 50/50. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

14 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Tbh I think the reason is mostly due to the mechanics of Heroes being tomes instead of basically using your life energy to attack people.

i think that's fairly obvious, they're not going to change the game just for 4 characters

celica's spell does hurt her to use at max hp though

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Damn. Well I'm conflicted. I want Linde but I also want one of the new banner characters. Especially Boey. Could very much have another tank mage alongside Robin.

And Henry.

Woo! Number 2 for my dream team. So much focusing on Celica.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wrathful Staff?  Healers are worth using now?

I didn't notice the gender imbalance until you mentioned it, nor that they had all been equal until now.  Actually, it's going to eventually have the men far outnumber the girls, since there's generally more guy units than girls in each game, and we've already got a ton of the girls from each game.

They haven't all been balanced. Hero Fest, for the most recent, was 3 guys and a girl.

5 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Woo! Number 2 for my dream team. So much focusing on Celica.

They haven't all been balanced. Hero Fest, for the most recent, was 3 guys and a girl.

They mean for the banners introducing new heroes

Celica looks like a pretty good unit, though stats as always will matter. Her Ragnarok basically has an in-built offense version of Fury. Even if she can only end up using it once per battle most likely, it can still be the difference for one-rounding an enemy.

With Fury 3 or Life and Death 3, Celica can effectively has +8 or +10 Atk and Speed for one attack! That's amazing!

The Wrathful Staff skill gives people an option to use healers offensively and maybe we can see more of them in the arena... but you need to get Genny and sacrifice her for that. I don't think Healers will be super good with it but maybe someone will find a way to make them work well.

Interestingly, all 4 are magic users... I'd rather get Tharja or Linde for mages and spend my orbs on the current mage banner though.

Mae sounds much older than I thought... but Genny, Celica, and Boey sound great.

Mae's chest armor though... Just looks silly.

Edit: Celica's Ragnarok damages her after use... but if you have a healer on the team, you can heal her up and have her get the Ragnarok effect again! Celica might have real good synergy with healers!

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

56 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

And Henry.

And Henry.

(Though I sent him home)

5 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

So did anyone else see that Celica was on a boat? I find that funny as her path in gaiden contained several boat maps.

Yeah. We're getting a boat map as well as a graveyard one. 

Dammit everyone looks amazing, my F2P orb count can't take this. ;~;

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Edit: Celica's Ragnarok damages her after use... but if you have a healer on the team, you can heal her up and have her get the Ragnarok effect again! Celica might have real good synergy with healers!

Yeah that was my though, it seems like a Healer will really benefit Celica. Especially now that Wrathful staff is a thing.

Or as @ArCAWnite pointed out, giving her Renewal could really help out as well.

Holy shit, it's a staff user I'd actually be happy to pull! Shame her skill will only be available at full power at 5*, though, even if she's released at 4* later.

Lot of cool new skills here. Good to confirm that they went with Ragnarok, and its mechanic is very interesting. The Owl tomes also look like a lot of fun, and there are some cool things to do with Distant Def. I think I'd be satisfied with any pull from this banner, although more so Celica and Boey than the others.

Still squeeing like a fangirl and rewatching and rewatching and rewatching the trailer so that I can hear With Mila's Divine Protection again and again.

Nintendo/IS/whoever, just push the update so that dataminers can extract that glorious theme!

Owls are cool, but I can't see myself using them instead gronnblade and dire thunder.

I  will definitely roll for Genny, she should be great utility unit. I wonder if gravity can be inherited by someone else in case of need.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Still squeeing like a fangirl and rewatching and rewatching and rewatching the trailer so that I can hear With Mila's Divine Protection again and again.

Nintendo/IS/whoever, just push the update so that dataminers can extract that glorious theme!

Why not just listen to it from the SoV soundtrack?

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm still mesmerized by Celica's art haha. It's just so beautiful.