New banner: Rite of Shadows

Looks like I'm actually pulling Colorless this banner Elise needs Wraithfull Staff so I can have her participate in Horse Emblem without guilt, she's already ready for it (her skills are Attack +3, Live to Serve(which will be replaced with Wraithfull Staff if I get it), Hone Calvary).  Here's to hoping Genny goes down to 4*  if I can't manage to pull her. 

Edited by Locke087

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just re-listened to Brawl's version of WMDP. It's neither better nor worse, it's different.

Brawl's version is more Hispanic-sounding, with guitars, trumpets, drums, and castanets, which makes it sound more determined.
SoV's version is dominated by violins, flutes, and some other kind of strings, which makes it sound more refined.

Both versions are of an amazing music theme.

Hmm... Owl tome promotes crowding (which could make Heavy Blade + AoE special attacks viable for dealing damage) and Celica's Ragnarok promotes more defensive play, especially making healers necessary (ie. Genny or any Wrathful Staff user)

I don't know why but I want someone to mod Gronnowl/Blarowl so that the owls are Feh instead of green/blue silhouettes. (Or Cuccos...)

24 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... Owl tome promotes crowding (which could make Heavy Blade + AoE special attacks viable for dealing damage) and Celica's Ragnarok promotes more defensive play, especially making healers necessary (ie. Genny or any Wrathful Staff user)

Or I can just run her alongside reciprocal aid Alm for OTP emblem.

1 minute ago, ArCAWnite said:

For Lucius I presume XD

:wub:

His High atk and spd will not be rendered useless anymore. To battle!

Spoiler

Well thats if I pull one Genny, of course...

Edited by Lucıůs

I'm sad that Valbar isn't in this banner, but Wrathful Staff completely makes up for it. Time to deck out Elise and actually do calcs for a staff user.

It's a pity that I do like Genny's art, though. If only infantry staff users actually had something they could do better than cavalry staff users.

The Litrowls look somewhat underwhelming. Even fully powered up at 16 Atk, their effect is still a pure damaging effect, making it pale in comparison to Litrblade's 23 Atk with buffs from Eirika/Ephraim and 31 Atk with buffs from Hone Cavalry/Fliers and even to Litrraven's advantage over colorless. It'll be difficult to consistently maintain 16 Atk, meaning you're more likely going to be running only 12 or 14 Atk, making it virtually no different from the generic final tome of the weapon type. (Thoron+ when?)

When I look at Ragnarok, all I see is a free Ardent Sacrifice target.

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm definitely rolling for Genny. If I still have extra orbs then I'll try rolling for Boey too. Anyway, I'm glad the whole "gender balance" thing was broken by this main banner. I don't understand what was some people's obsession with always wanting to keep it 50/50. 

I think for most people, it's not specifically the fact that the ratio had always been 1:1 as much as the fact that it's been consistent. When the developers create a pattern that gets noticed, people like it when the pattern sticks, especially when it makes future things easier to predict.

For example, in Warframe, Digital Extremes has been releasing new Warframes alternating between male and female, and despite there being no confirmation or denial that this is an intentional pattern (to my knowledge), the player base has come to expect it to be such.

14 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

:wub:

His High atk and spd will not be rendered useless anymore. To battle!

Too bad Elise does everything Lucius can, but better.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hopefully there will be minor Tordos in inevitable Jugdral banners.

i'm sure the best mage, linda, will be added soon enough!

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Did you seriously have to say this to crush their hopes and dreams?

Also, Gronnowl Spring Camilla anyone? With a HonexForify skill buffing her to +12 in each stat? Not to mention a goad on top of that?

#Busted

2 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

Did you seriously have to say this to crush their hopes and dreams?

Also, Gronnowl Spring Camilla anyone? With a HonexForify skill buffing her to +12 in each stat? Not to mention a goad on top of that?

#Busted

Gronowl doesn't sounds as amazing as it seems since realistically speaking we're talking 24/12/12/12 to the standard 43/6/6/6

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Just re-listened to Brawl's version of WMDP. It's neither better nor worse, it's different.

Brawl's version is more Hispanic-sounding, with guitars, trumpets, drums, and castanets, which makes it sound more determined.
SoV's version is dominated by violins, flutes, and some other kind of strings, which makes it sound more refined.

Both versions are of an amazing music theme.

I feel like Echoes' version fits Celica herself a lot more. And anything that fits our queen is automatically better.

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

Gronowl doesn't sounds as amazing as it seems since realistically speaking we're talking 24/12/12/12 to the standard 43/6/6/6

+6 to +12 though?

You would literally have what everyone wants: An armored mage! Not to mention, if you give them close counter ;)

But yeah I know. I was just pointing out how fat you can get

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I feel like Echoes' version fits Celica herself a lot more. And anything that fits our queen is automatically better.

Can't disagree here. SoV's version fits Celica, Brawl's version fits the action.

Oh, I forgot that the Litrowls gave +2 to all stats and not just Atk. I think it's still rather lackluster when you can really only expect +2 or +4 on a consistent basis.

The bonus to Spd is certainly welcome, though. I'd have to wrap around my head which characters would actually benefit from this because I think the Spd is going to be its only real distinguishing factor.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ruthless. Absolutely ruthless.

2 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

+6 to +12 though?

You would literally have what everyone wants: An armored mage! Not to mention, if you give them close counter ;)

But yeah I know. I was just pointing out how fat you can get

I also liked the new tomes a lot (I'm a sucker for new things), and this whole 'only two possible tome-user builds' was already getting old. Now maybe we get three possible builds? Or even more, since Celica's ranged defense bonus looks really nice on a more "defensive" blade user will Leo finally find his niche?

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, I forgot that the Litrowls gave +2 to all stats and not just Atk. I think it's still rather lackluster when you can really only expect +2 or +4 on a consistent basis.

The bonus to Spd is certainly welcome, though. I'd have to wrap around my head which characters would actually benefit from this because I think the Spd is going to be its only real distinguishing factor.

I feel like well rounded characters who apreciate the increase in stats in all sides. So Robin Male and Female pretty much. Still the owl tome will make people missplace characters very often if they try to abuse it which is bad in arena. Its great to kill the oponents mage (who will reach you first than any other enemy) and can be efectively used at the end of a fight when you need to do overkill damage. In conclusion the owl tome are stronger in the very early and late game.

Edited by Gonzak

I'm fairly certain that Elise is the only one who is worth using Wrathful Staff on (maybe Priscilla, but she's flat out worse than Elise), and only on a Horse Emblem team. 32 ATK + 3 from ATK+3 + 10 from Goad/Hone + 10 Assault = 55 Atk and 42 Spd that isn't mitigated by anything except forts and -Raven tomes. With a +1 Atk seal, she can actually one-round a neutral Julia that's not on a fort. Probably still worse than just adding another -blade mage to your team, but not by too much. Unfortunately, her inability to use stuff like Desperation, Fury, or LoD means that she does have to be very careful of physical Distant Counter units, since her attack isn't quite high enough to one-shot but her physical durability does get her one-shot.

3 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

I'm fairly certain that Elise is the only one who is worth using Wrathful Staff on (maybe Priscilla, but she's flat out worse than Elise), and only on a Horse Emblem team. 32 ATK + 3 from ATK+3 + 10 from Goad/Hone + 10 Assault = 55 Atk and 42 Spd that isn't mitigated by anything except forts and -Raven tomes. With a +1 Atk seal, she can actually one-round a neutral Julia that's not on a fort. Probably still worse than just adding another -blade mage to your team, but not by too much. Unfortunately, her inability to use stuff like Desperation, Fury, or LoD means that she does have to be very careful of physical Distant Counter units, since her attack isn't quite high enough to one-shot but her physical durability does get her one-shot.

Someone suggested using Absorb over Assault, 49 ATK and 42 SPD with half lifesteal in 2 hits makes her pretty sustainable and unique. Now just give her close counter and let her be in a defense tile and gg.

Edited by Gonzak