New banner: Rite of Shadows

14 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Ruthless. Absolutely ruthless.

I also liked the new tomes a lot (I'm a sucker for new things), and this whole 'only two possible tome-user builds' was already getting old. Now maybe we get three possible builds? Or even more, since Celica's ranged defense bonus looks really nice on a more "defensive" blade user will Leo finally find his niche?

IS just need to come up with a new Tome Build that isn't Blade or NukeBreaker Adept

And this is honestly a step in the right direction

RB is pretty meh since really Close Counter, Fury, and Adept is probably the more beneficial ability in the long run

Edited by JSND

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gonzak said:

Someone suggested using Absorb over Assault, 49 ATK and 42 SPD with half lifesteal in 2 hits makes her pretty sustainable and unique. Now just give her close counter and let her be in a defense tile and gg.

Her 19 neutral Def means Close Counter is a waste of a skill slot, even on a fortification. I'm leaning towards Attack +3 or Distant Def 3.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her 19 neutral Def means Close Counter is a waste of a skill slot, even on a fortification. I'm leaning towards Attack +3 or Distant Def 3.

Yeah Distant Def sounds better for what she wants to do, cross fingers that it doesnt restrict healers out of it.

2 minutes ago, Gonzak said:

Someone suggested using Absorb over Assault, 49 ATK and 42 SPD with half lifesteal in 2 hits makes her pretty sustainable and unique. Now just give her close counter and let her be in a defense tile and gg.

I dunno if it's that good. Close Counter means she'll have to forgo ATK +3, so only 46 Atk. 42 SPD is pretty good, but there are a lot of meta threats that she won't be able to double (or do that much damage to.) She'll still only have 30 HP (33 if we include the seal) and 24 Def. And parking her on a fort in quite a few maps exposes her to multiple attacks potentially. If you're just trying to attack with Absorb, her first hit won't heal her since she'll be at full health (and if she kills someone on the second hit, you'll only get healed based on the amount of HP they had left.)

1 minute ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

I dunno if it's that good. Close Counter means she'll have to forgo ATK +3, so only 46 Atk. 42 SPD is pretty good, but there are a lot of meta threats that she won't be able to double (or do that much damage to.) She'll still only have 30 HP (33 if we include the seal) and 24 Def. And parking her on a fort in quite a few maps exposes her to multiple attacks potentially. If you're just trying to attack with Absorb, her first hit won't heal her since she'll be at full health (and if she kills someone on the second hit, you'll only get healed based on the amount of HP they had left.)

True i guess she can be stuck countering mages then, but even then blade tomes could potentially OTKO her. And raven toems would destroy her.

1 minute ago, Gonzak said:

True i guess she can be stuck countering mages then, but even then blade tomes could potentially OTKO her. And raven toems would destroy her.

I think a lot of people were hyping up Wrathful Staff because of the meme potential, but I do think Elise can be fairly good with Wrathful Staff. Hmm, I think her best set might be something like [+SPD, -RES] with Assault/Fear/Absorb/Slow, Rehabilitate, Imbue/Balm, ATK/DEF +2 or Distant Defense 3, Wrathful Staff, and Cav buff with an HP +3 Seal. That'll at least protect her from most Distant Counter OHKOs, and she gets excellent Speed and solid Attack.

What...They're ALL so OP.  I want to save my orbs, but the skills I don't know if I can miss the skills.  They're also all easy to get because they're all separate colors.  Defenitly going for nocolor on my cavalry account so I can make Priscilla more OP.  People don't believe me, but while all my other units are constantly being swapped in and out, she is the only constant.  She simply can't be replaced (unless I give Elise all her skills).  Staff users are going to enter the meta - B slot skills weren't even that useful to them before.

Now the others for my main account....ugh!  I don't want to spend all my orbs but Boey with Fury 3 would get insane stat buffs.  The others are OP as well...what do!?

EDIT:  Mae seems the least useful to me.  While her beginning skill is great, the only time I use blue mages are on cavalry teams (I don't have Linde/Robin).  On cavalry teams, I'd rather have a blade skill.  And her other skills are nothing special.  Everyone else is OP with Genny being the most useful (going to hurt to sacrifice to priscilla though).  She even gets Heavenly light which was one of the more OP specials.

EDIT2: nvm

EDIT3:  Darting blow on Cecilia will be the most useful - +11 attack will help her one shot things without taking damage potentially.  If only there was a desperation for if >=75%.  You could use quick-reposite and let them attack first.

EDIT4:  Zephiel would benefit the most from Earth boost since he, default nature, has 3 more hp than the next highest unit.  +6 def would put him at higher-than-god level defense.

Edited by Lushen

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

What...They're ALL so OP.  I want to save my orbs, but the skills I don't know if I can miss the skills.  They're also all easy to get because they're all separate colors.  Defenitly going for nocolor on my cavalry account so I can make Priscilla more OP.  People don't believe me, but while all my other units are constantly being swapped in and out, she is the only constant.  She simply can't be replaced (unless I give Elise all her skills).  Staff users are going to enter the meta - B slot skills weren't even that useful to them before.

Now the others for my main account....ugh!  I don't want to spend all my orbs but Boey with Fury 3 would get insane stat buffs.  The others are OP as well...what do!?

EDIT:  Mae seems the least useful to me.  While her beginning skill is great, the only time I use blue mages are on cavalry teams (I don't have Linde/Robin).  On cavalry teams, I'd rather have a blade skill.  And her other skills are nothing special.  Everyone else is OP with Genny being the most useful (going to hurt to sacrifice to priscilla though).  She even gets Heavenly light which was one of the more OP specials.

EDIT2: nvm

EDIT3:  Darting blow on Cecilia will be the most useful - +11 attack will help her one shot things without taking damage potentially.  If only there was a desperation for if >=75%.  You could use quick-reposite and let them attack first.

EDIT4:  Zephiel would benefit the most from Earth boost since he, default nature, has 3 more hp than the next highest unit.  +6 def would put him at higher-than-god level defense.

Mae does come with Desperation, so there's a limit to how useless she can be I guess. She's likely a glass cannon mage, so she would want that skill anyway.

Do you mean Death Blow for Celica? Darting Blow is for Spd.

I don't know if Earth Boost would be good for Armors. They generally all need Distant Counter to not be easy pickings, and on Armor teams, the Ward Armor stacking already makes them pretty hard to penetrate.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mae does come with Desperation, so there's a limit to how useless she can be I guess. She's likely a glass cannon mage, so she would want that skill anyway.

My gosh

Swift Sparrow Renewal Celica?

Life and Death Celica?

Literally any A skill Celica?

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't know if Earth Boost would be good for Armors. They generally all need Distant Counter to not be easy pickings, and on Armor teams, the Ward Armor stacking already makes them pretty hard to penetrate.

True, but Desperation is very easy to get (Shanna) on any unit so I don't consider it a useful skill because you could just inherit it.  I think new characters should be judged by their stats and their new/rare/noninheritable skills. 

I did mean Death Blow, you can tell by all the edits I was scribbling a bit. 

True - my first thought was a unit with high resistance and high hp and decentish defense would benefit from +6 res/def turning them into an all-around tank.  But I'm not seeing a unit like that other than Zephiel.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

My gosh

Swift Sparrow Renewal Celica?

Life and Death Celica?

Literally any A skill Celica?

I wanna try Distant Def for a while before I replace it. It could be perfect already.

Life and Death Celica sounds disgusting though.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

True, but Desperation is very easy to get (Shanna) on any unit so I don't consider it a useful skill because you could just inherit it.  I think new characters should be judged by their stats and their new/rare/noninheritable skills. 

I did mean Death Blow, you can tell by all the edits I was scribbling a bit. 

True - my first thought was a unit with high resistance and high hp would benefit from +6 res turning them into an all-around tank.  But I'm not seeing a unit like that. 

Mhm, I can see that.

Earth Boost might end up just getting replaced, at this rate. Unless Boey has an insane HP pool.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wanna try Distant Def for a while before I replace it. It could be perfect already.

I forgot she has distant defense

I am literally making double sacrifices cause if I don't get this girl, I just might lose my mind

Just now, ArCAWnite said:

I forgot she has distant defense

I am literally making double sacrifices cause if I don't get this girl, I just might lose my mind

Imma take all of them

I need the merged Celicas thank you very much

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He was in my prediction too, but the new skills are too hype, so all is forgiven.

Yeah, same. I love that the new characters here are all individual colors, so they are all easy to pull I say that, but i'll likely get piles of Subakis again.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, same. I love that the new characters here are all individual colors, so they are all easy to pull I say that, but i'll likely get piles of Subakis again.

Hey, Quick Riposte fodder...

1qgXKoaL4JG6-9Yo9OjCRoMc67wmjjyvKh39nuvQ

(by u/jeromekelvin on the FEH reddit)

We can always get more Echoes characters later, so I fairly pleased with the current selection.

BTW, I was basing my predictions from the Echoes eShop card.

Pretty sure the characters featured are the ones Nintendo and IS want to market. Kind of wondering if the 3rd banner will have 6 characters like Blazing Shadows to fit in the remaining characters on the card or If they'll do 4, 4 again.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

We can always get more Echoes characters later, so I fairly pleased with the current selection.

BTW, I was basing my predictions from the Echoes eShop card.

Pretty sure the characters featured are the ones Nintendo and IS want to market. Kind of wondering if the 3rd banner will have 6 characters like Blazing Shadows to fit in the remaining characters on the card or If they'll do 4, 4 again.

I'm confused lol; why is Valbar on the original Gaiden cover and now this eShop card, but Conrad doesn't exist?

Oh wow, I should've waited for this banner! I'm starting to almost regret pulling on the Mage Gauntlet banner now (which I'll still be doing, I have a 4% 5-Star chance that I'd hate to let go to waste). So, for thoughts:

Celica: Looks okay, I guess. Ragnarok is alright, though the full-HP-only thing is kind of annoying. Distant DEF is coolish, but not something I'd go pulling for. Spur DEF would be helpful for Boey/Mae I guess.
I don't really care for her, but I love the rest of the banner so it's fine.

Boey: I want this guy. Gronnowl seems like a neat new tome, albeit not the most practical one (I'll build a whole team of just Spurs just to make Boey work if I pull him). Renewal and Ignis make me think Boey's gonna be like Henry, except better (also I think he's gonna have 37/38 DEF, since his Ignis added 30 damage and he isn't getting boosted by Earth Boost in the trailer since he doesn't have 3+ more HP than his enemy). Earth Boost means he's getting the HP +3 Seal, that's all. This guy might get Gronnraven if I can't make Rowlet work.
I want him the second-most on this banner.

Mae: Seems alright. Blarowl seems like a neat new tome, like I said with Boey. Draw Back could be useful, and Desperation implies she's gonna be really fast, which is nice. B Tome Experience will be replaced with just about any other skill if I pull her tho. I'm not really feeling her, to be honest.
I want her... a little less than Celica, actually.

Genny: YES YES YES
OH MY GOD
Wrathful Staff alone makes her worth pulling, but she'll probably have the ATK stat to make it work on herself too. She has Heavenly Light, which I also like. Now I just need to figure out what she wants outside of those skills... ATK +3 for sure, but outside of that.
I'm gonna hunt for her before I even consider going for Boey.

Owl: I'm not sure if there's a better way to use this than to just give your whole team Spurs. Incidentally, are there any legendary weapons that have a Spur effect? Because those might be useful for Boey/Mae.

Wrathful Staff: I dunno who would want this, besides Elise (high ATK, Cavalry buffs) and Genny (she better be able to make good use of it, since she comes with it). Anyone got any ideas?

So, I'm gonna pull for them in this order: Genny >>>>>>>> Boey >>> Mae=Celica

I really want at least Genny off this banner. Boey would be nice too. I don't really care otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

True - my first thought was a unit with high resistance and high hp and decentish defense would benefit from +6 res/def turning them into an all-around tank.  But I'm not seeing a unit like that other than Zephiel.

Maybe Hinata? I know he has really good DEF and high HP, so maybe the RES boost could help him tank?

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He was in my prediction too, but the new skills are too hype, so all is forgiven.

The banner is exactly what I predicted: red tome Celica, blue tome Mae, green tome Boey, staff bot Genny. I'm so proud right now.

Edited by Vaximillian

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The banner is exactly what I predicted: red tome Celica, blue tome Mae, green tome Boey, staff bot Genny. I'm so proud right now.

My daughter predicted the lady trio (but didn't have a fourth). Feels good to call it out~ Good call on the boey though

I myself had Valbo > Genny, for gender balance, but all magic users makes more sense eh?!