New banner: Rite of Shadows

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like Boey's level 40 stats are the first up on wiki.

43 / 29 / 27 / 32 / 18

So basically a tankier version of Robin (F).

Genny's are also up.

32 / 35 / 25 / 21 / 34

Highest Atk among the staff users, as expected of the holder of Wrathful Staff, but really slow. No access to a weapon with more than 10 Atk to put that Atk to work hurts, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Celica's max stats are 39/32/33/22/22, which isn't bad. If you give her Swift Sparrow 2, neutral Celica gets 94 wins with only 1 loss at full health with Ragnarok, which is pretty insane.

She one rounds Hector, M!Robin, and... a lot of common people. L&D3 gives 4 more wins, but at the cost of Enemy Phase (but does it matter). More importantly, L&D doesn't give that many more notable one-shots, so you just take more damage for no point if you're gonna run Renewal to go along with it.

38 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

I got Boey, is his tome worth giving to Nino? What is the best use for this guy? I like him and he seems to have some potential at the very least as a skill transfer drone. 

No, Nino really wants Gronnblade.

You could give Earth Boost to, I dunno, a Seliph or Hinata or someone else with high HP.

Honestly tho, Boey doesn't look that bad. I'd give him Bonfire tho, Ignis just seems like it'll take too long to charge. And the HP +3 Sacred Seal, if you don't have anyone else who needs it, so Earth Boost boosts you against more enemies.

Regarding Genny tho...

Holy crap, she can have 56 ATK if she's running Assault with +ATK, gets a Hone ATK 3 buff, and has ATK +3 and the ATK +1 Sacred Seal. And that's still 53 ATK if she's =ATK. Even -ATK can still reach 50.

And if she's running Defiant ATK (not sure I'd recommend that, since her defenses aren't that good, but Reciprocal Aid exists so I'm sure you could make it work, and she can run it, unlike Death Blow *shakes fist angrily*), she could hit 54/57/60 ATK in those same circumstances.

I'm really glad I pulled her now. Even if she's =ATK (so no 60 ATK for me... this time), she's +RES (37 RES is pretty good, even if Genny's probably getting doubled my most mages and her HP isn't that great), so she's pretty good regardless. She's making me wish staves could run Fury, it'd make her so great.

24 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

She is colorless magic DPS, that can be useful a lot in certain situations.

Don't forget that she can heal too (though Rehabilitate/Martyr'll have to be inherited from elsewhere)! That's pretty useful when it's attached to someone who can deal good-to-decent damage!

Genny'll have to watch out for Ravens, but other than that she's gonna be pretty good!

She would have to watch out  for Cecilia too... but she always run Blade anyway.

...in second thought, yes she should watch out Cecilia :p

Edit: oh right you meant "Ravens" literally, I am sometime bit slow on uptake...

Edited by Tenzen12

Interesting how the lower-level versions of Wrathful Staff work. I'd been expecting them to make staffs have lower percentages of the regular damage output (say 80% for WS1 and 90% for WS2) but that seemed like a pretty small difference between the versions. Having the full damage but only at certain HP numbers (until WS3) makes a lot more sense.

22 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

She would have to watch out  for Cecilia too... but she always run Blade anyway.

...in second thought, yes she should watch out Cecilia :p

Edit: oh right you meant "Ravens" literally, I am sometime bit slow on uptake...

Er, I meant the raven tomes (the ones that give WTA over Colorless). Completely forgot about Raven the axe user, haha. Sorry about any confusion there.

Genny probably should still watch out for Raven though, since I think he can ORKO her... Though between her crap DEF and low HP I'd be more surprised if a physical unit couldn't ORKO her.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting how the lower-level versions of Wrathful Staff work. I'd been expecting them to make staffs have lower percentages of the regular damage output (say 80% for WS1 and 90% for WS2) but that seemed like a pretty small difference between the versions. Having the full damage but only at certain HP numbers (until WS3) makes a lot more sense.

The HP threshold is 100% for rank 1, 50% for rank 2, and always for rank 3.

Edited by Vaximillian

Does Ragnarok Stack with Darting Blow? I heard it stacks with hone/spur. If so, that could give you 49-53 speed on the attack. I don't think there's anything that fails to double.

Edit: 48-51 speed. Not quite that high.

Edited by dragonlordsd

18 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Does Ragnarok Stack with Darting Blow? I heard it stacks with hone/spur. If so, that could give you 49-53 speed on the attack. I don't think there's anything that fails to double.

Edit: 48-51 speed. Not quite that high.

It'll fail to double breaker enemies, but that goes without saying. And yeah they stack.

Looks like this banner is really OP. I tried to roll for the wrathful staff but all I could get is a Boey.

24 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

It'll fail to double breaker enemies, but that goes without saying. And yeah they stack.

I finally know what B slot of my Reinhardt will be then.

Edited by Okigen

13 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

So where is that Dank meme Wrys with Close Counter and Wrathfull staff?

Wrys has a maximum of (with Assault, +ATK, ATK +3 and a Rally ATK/Hone ATK 3 buff) 45 ATK. Compare to Genny, who reaches 45 ATK with Assault and =ATK, and can be pushed into the 50s except at -ATK (where she only hits 49) through the setup that lets Wrys touch Genny's neutral base ATK with Assault.

Meanwhile, Wrys has 19/22/25 DEF, which is only slightly higher than Genny's 18/21/24 DEF. Also, he's even slower than Genny at 20/23/26 SPD to Genny's 22/25/29.

Wrys's primary advantages over Genny are his higher RES, at 33/36/39 to Genny's 31/34/37, and much higher HP, at 39/42/45 to Genny's 29/32/35, and his Slow staff, which drops enemy SPD by 6. These... aren't exactly traits that scream GIVE THIS OLD MAN WRATHFUL STAFF to me. I wouldn't even bother with Close Counter, since, well, what is he gonna tank anyway, besides dragons (though I guess if you're really desperate for an anti-Dragon tank, I guess it could work)? Any physical attacker will ORKO him, and if they have Desperation he won't even get a chance to hit back before he dies.

Honestly, if you want him to be used for combat, Wrys is probably better off with RES +3 / Tomebreaker of your choice / Hone/Fortify of your choice so he can tank mages and slow them so his teammates who can deal actual damage can kill them.

Really, Lissa's probably a better candidate for Close Counter/Wrathful Staff since she has decent defenses (unlike Wrys, whose DEF is awful) and comparable HP to Wrys while still being able to reach 40/43/47 ATK with Assault, -/=/+ATK, ATK +3 and Rally ATK, which still isn't quite Genny-level ATK but is still pretty alright (it's a little less than Wrys, but Lissa can actually maybe tank sometimes so it's not as bad). She's even faster than Wrys, though she's still slow (exact same SPD as Genny tho). And everyone gets her since she's free like Wrys.

Lissa might even be the best Close Counter healer, thanks to her good defenses and HP combined with passable ATK... Although Azama might be slightly better, since he has higher DEF and HP while having slightly higher SPD and still having decent RES and can drop nearby enemies' ATK with Threaten ATK and can run Pain without Skill Inheritance... Though his nonexistent ATK may not be so desirable.

So to get back to your question, Close Counter/Wrathful Staff meme Wrys is chilling with Azama in the Healers Who Probably Don't Really Need Nor Particularly Want Wrathful Staff Club.

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Wrys has a maximum of (with Assault, +ATK, ATK +3 and a Rally ATK/Hone ATK 3 buff) 45 ATK. Compare to Genny, who reaches 45 ATK with Assault and =ATK, and can be pushed into the 50s except at -ATK (where she only hits 49) through the setup that lets Wrys touch Genny's neutral base ATK with Assault.

Meanwhile, Wrys has 19/22/25 DEF, which is only slightly higher than Genny's 18/21/24 DEF. Also, he's even slower than Genny at 20/23/26 SPD to Genny's 22/25/29.

Wrys's primary advantages over Genny are his higher RES, at 33/36/39 to Genny's 31/34/37, and much higher HP, at 39/42/45 to Genny's 29/32/35, and his Slow staff, which drops enemy SPD by 6. These... aren't exactly traits that scream GIVE THIS OLD MAN WRATHFUL STAFF to me. I wouldn't even bother with Close Counter, since, well, what is he gonna tank anyway, besides dragons (though I guess if you're really desperate for an anti-Dragon tank, I guess it could work)? Any physical attacker will ORKO him, and if they have Desperation he won't even get a chance to hit back before he dies.

Honestly, if you want him to be used for combat, Wrys is probably better off with RES +3 / Tomebreaker of your choice / Hone/Fortify of your choice so he can tank mages and slow them so his teammates who can deal actual damage can kill them.

Really, Lissa's probably a better candidate for Close Counter/Wrathful Staff since she has decent defenses (unlike Wrys, whose DEF is awful) and comparable HP to Wrys while still being able to reach 40/43/47 ATK with Assault, -/=/+ATK, ATK +3 and Rally ATK, which still isn't quite Genny-level ATK but is still pretty alright (it's a little less than Wrys, but Lissa can actually maybe tank sometimes so it's not as bad). She's even faster than Wrys, though she's still slow (exact same SPD as Genny tho). And everyone gets her since she's free like Wrys.

Lissa might even be the best Close Counter healer, thanks to her good defenses and HP combined with passable ATK... Although Azama might be slightly better, since he has higher DEF and HP while having slightly higher SPD and still having decent RES and can drop nearby enemies' ATK with Threaten ATK and can run Pain without Skill Inheritance... Though his nonexistent ATK may not be so desirable.

So to get back to your question, Close Counter/Wrathful Staff meme Wrys is chilling with Azama in the Healers Who Probably Don't Really Need Nor Particularly Want Wrathful Staff Club.

You didn't get the dankness that is Wrys. He'll be so MLG that enemies cannot help but want his hands caress their bodies.

12 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

He'll be so MLG that enemies cannot help but want his hands caress their bodies.

I want him to caress my body

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

No I don't :P

Wrathful staff just seems like a waste to me. Especially since Live to serve is handing you a tank/sack that never dies

Just got 5 star Mae, unfortunately I already have a level 5 star 40 Robin and a 5 star level 36 Nowi, so my blue slot is kind of taken up. Is Mae in any way better than Robin, or should I just throw her into a second team?

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Just got 5 star Mae, unfortunately I already have a level 5 star 40 Robin and a 5 star level 36 Nowi, so my blue slot is kind of taken up. Is Mae in any way better than Robin, or should I just throw her into a second team?

Mae is literally Linde with 5 less Spd (and 1 more Atk, 2 more Def, and 3 more Res). She's different than Robin, whose stats are geared for Litrraven use with his higher physical bulk.

12 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

They fill different roles, but in my opinion, Mae is far better than Robin in the current meta. 

Robin's niche is that he's surprisingly tanky for a mage, allowing him to soak up more hits from ranged archers and such and hit back, but his offense is about average. 

Mae, on the other hand, is one of the strongest mages in the entire game, and has a higher base attack than any blue mage (more than Linde and waaaay more than Robin) with the caveat being that she's physically weaker. She functions as more of a glass cannon, which is arguably more valuable in the current meta which revolves around ORKOing enemies. 

So I would pick depending on what kind of unit you need, but in my personal opinion, Mae is a better overall blue mage.