New banner: Rite of Shadows

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

My daughter predicted the lady trio (but didn't have a fourth). Feels good to call it out~ Good call on the boey though

I myself had Valbo > Genny, for gender balance, but all magic users makes more sense eh?!

Your daughter plays FE with you?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Your daughter plays FE with you?

Heck yea. She often runs my newbie units in training tower and does all of my summoning rolls (well most of them). 

Also, we play Fates together. Makes good reading practice and shelikes kicking butt as her own avatar (and loves big sis camilla and Elise)

shocker, she tends to build me all-girl teams, but Fae's in all of them because RRRRRAWWWWRRRRRRR

Edited by Elieson

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Heck yea. She often runs my newbie units in training tower and does all of my summoning rolls (well most of them). 

Also, we play Fates together. Makes good reading practice and shelikes kicking butt as her own avatar (and loves big sis camilla and Elise)

shocker, she tends to build me all-girl teams, but Fae's in all of them because RRRRRAWWWWRRRRRRR

Man, that's awesome. It's so great when parents and children have the same interests. Does she get good pulls lol?

With how effective I've found spurs to be, Owl tomes look awesome. +2 is easy to get and makes it already at least as good as a lot of ultimate weapons, and even a +4 should be feasible to set up if there's a particular enemy you really need it for. +6 won't always be doable, especially on enemy phase, but for mages, it should occasionally be manageable on player phase to really annihilate something.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, that's awesome. It's so great when parents and children have the same interests. Does she get good pulls lol?

She's tried to get:

• Nowi (3, two 5*s)
  • Nino (4, one 4*)
  • Clarine (1 4*)
  • Fae (1 4*)
  • Camilla
  • Bunny Lucina 
  • Bunny Camilla (2 5*s)
  • Eirika (1 5*)
  • Serra (1)
  • Wendy (4)
  • Olivia
  • Ninian
  • Azura
  • Mist
  • Elise
  • Lachesis
  • Ike
  • Titania (1 5*)
  • Cecilia (2)
  • Est (3)
  • Lissa
  • Julia (1 5&)
  • Linde
  • Celica
  • Mae
  • Genny

Still has a few pulls to make that she's going for, but if they're bolded, she got em. Her pull history is strong. +Def Nowi and +Spd Julia have been staples on my arena team since the minute she pulled them and she's awfully proud of her picks. We've been hoarding for Celica because she's "the prettiest princess" but she has high hopes for both her plus Twin-Tails "YayFae".

off topic a bit but in Fates she has a normal phoenix mode conquest run that she by herself (at age 6 when she and i played it the most) got to Ch15 with me just helping her define stuff she wasn't familiar with.

Edited by Elieson

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

She's tried to get:

• Nowi (3, two 5*s)
  • Nino (4)
  • Clarine (1)
  • Fae (1)
  • Camilla
  • Bunny Lucina
  • Bunny Camilla (2)
  • Eirika (1 5*)
  • Serra (1)
  • Wendy (4)
  • Olivia
  • Ninian
  • Azura
  • Mist
  • Elise
  • Lachesis
  • Ike
  • Titania (1)
  • Cecilia (2)
  • Est (3)
  • Lissa
  • Julia (1)
  • Linde
  • Celica
  • Mae
  • Genny

Still has a few pulls to make that she's going for, but if they're bolded, she got em. Her pull history is strong. +Def Nowi and +Spd Julia have been staples on my arena team since the minute she pulled them and she's awfully proud of her picks. We've been hoarding for Celica because she's "the prettiest princess" but she has high hopes for both her plus Twin-Tails "YayFae".

off topic a bit but in Fates she has a normal phoenix mode conquest run that she by herself (at age 6 when she and i played it the most) got to Ch15 with me just helping her define stuff she wasn't familiar with.

You're really proud of her, aren't you? :P Just this once I won't steal 5*s from other people's summoning sessions

So she's not interested in Boey, huh? I can respect that. Very much.

Lol you're training her to be a master tactician someday? Real life Morgan?

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You're really proud of her, aren't you? :P Just this once I won't steal 5*s from other people's summoning sessions

So she's not interested in Boey, huh? I can respect that. Very much.

Lol you're training her to be a master tactician someday? Real life Morgan?

1: F*cking right. I'm not SF's official Dad for nothing~

2: Boey's a Boy, and not nearly cute enough to have tea parties with

3: Best part, she has a big brother, and wants to roll Mist and Ike so that she can deploy both and feel like she's using one of her favorite characters as a little sister, and her big brother's favorite character (ike obvs) for that strong fammmmmily connection. Don't tell them what happens to Greil though. SHUSH! She and I do a bunch of strat games though; turn based are good since I can explain things at a nice pace for her. Gotta raise my gamers right ya know. I did order a pin from our very own Samias though, featuring Male and Female Morgan in a very Big Brother & Lil Sisterly pose, which I wear proudly on my satchel for them.

I think I did it right; Lexi's favorite FE is PoR and Tyler's is Sacred Stones.

Edited by Elieson

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

1: F*cking right. I'm not SF's official Dad for nothing~

2: Boey's a Boy, and not nearly cute enough to have tea parties with

3: Best part, she has a big brother, and wants to roll Mist and Ike so that she can deploy both and feel like she's using one of her favorite characters as a little sister, and her big brother's favorite character (ike obvs) for that strong fammmmmily connection. Don't tell them what happens to Greil though. SHUSH! She and I do a bunch of strat games though; turn based are good since I can explain things at a nice pace for her. Gotta raise my gamers right ya know.

I think I did it right; Lexi's favorite FE is PoR and Tyler's is Sacred Stones.

Dads have never had great luck in FE overall... Be careful out there lmao.

That Ike/Mist thing is pretty cute though. What about Ephraim/Eirika?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Dads have never had great luck in FE overall... Be careful out there lmao.

That Ike/Mist thing is pretty cute though. What about Ephraim/Eirika?

inorite?

Since they don't have brown hair, she doesn't relate to them...it's that simple when you're 7 lol

Tyler was #TeamEphraim all the way in the gauntlet and saved every fanart he could find on the reddit.

Back on topic though (as I'll rave about my kids and FE for weeks), do you think any of the Echoes chars would fit into a realistic gauntlet?

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Too bad Elise does everything Lucius can, but better.

Spoiler

Ah please don't pick on me, senpai. :>_<:

Well, too bad I don't have an Elise but instead a +Atk Lucius. 

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

inorite?

Since they don't have brown hair, she doesn't relate to them...it's that simple when you're 7 lol

Tyler was #TeamEphraim all the way in the gauntlet and saved every fanart he could find on the reddit.

Back on topic though (as I'll rave about my kids and FE for weeks), do you think any of the Echoes chars would fit into a realistic gauntlet?

I was Team Lucina... Don't tell him...

I wonder if they'll ever do a healers only Gauntlet. Then we'll have Genny in it maybe lol. Otherwise, nothing in particular, unless they do Princesses or Mages again.

I wonder...would Distant Defense work well on an armor? Obviously Distant Counter is what they would prefer but assuming you can't get that, +6 res and defense is nothing to sneeze at. Combined with even 1 Ward Armor and Zephiel would be immune to Colorless characters and have a respectful 34 res. Perhaps Xander or lightning breath users would like it as they can counter at range.

GENNY

GENNY

NOT SABER

GENNY

"Offensive" Staff user sounds interesting, and fitting.

I probably won't be able to pull her but if I do, guess who's going on the team.

GENNYYYYYYYYY

Edited by Emerson

AW SHIT DOOD

Mannn I found about it this morning but didn't get a chance to get online until now lol. HOLY SHIT ALL THE NEW MAGIC. I'M HYPE.

Also #^$% dude, these new skills look WAY better than the shit we've been getting from Alm/Ike's groups yo. The best skill of those lots were probably Heavy Blade and Firesweep Bow but hell EVERYTHING looks useful here. Wrathful Staff? YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE LUCIUS WANTS THAT SHIT.

As for me... I want Celica .3. Ragnarok is a cool spell and her kit looks really neat. Also her art is hella nice. I'm down. 

Kinda want Boey too but dunno if enough to try that hard for him. The Owl spells look amazing (visually) but look pretty underwhelming (combat-wise). 

@Ice Dragon The owl tomes require a tight positioning to make them work and that puts the entire party in danger of all of them getting hit by skills like Savage Blow, Blazing Thunder and so on. 

@ gender ratio: And that's when people start making rules in their heads and convince themselves that was what the developer had in mind and when the developers do otherwise, they get upset that their imaginary "pattern" was broken. It's more of the case of fans trying to think too much of things. Anyway, seeing developers throw curveballs like these (I guess?) are always fun and far more exciting than expecting a "pattern". It also means that future main banners could be completely lop-sided and instead of just throwing a bunch of random units for the sake of popularity, each character chosen for the banner brings something new to the roster; not just a face which was my main issue with both Saber and Valbar. 

That reminds me, I got all four of my choices for this banner right. Celica's starting group makes a lot of sense and it balances out with Alm's banner that had no magic users. FEH could always use more magic users.

Edited by Lord-Zero

i agree that all of these units look great, so i'll be doing at least one full pull just to see if i get lucky. i kind of wanted to start hoarding in case some really great new characters gets released (e.g. swimsuit characters haha), but i figure at least one pull is okay. ;)

5 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Ice Dragon The owl tomes require a tight positioning to make them work and that puts the entire party in danger of all of them getting hit by skills like Savage Blow, Blazing Thunder and so on. 

Savage Blow and the area specials are really bad. If they might do something relevant, you can play around them by breaking formation, but in my experience, that just doesn't come up. Their ineffectiveness also means good arena teams tend to not use them, so in the arena, even facing them is unlikely.

Edited by Othin

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

The owl tomes require a tight positioning to make them work and that puts the entire party in danger of all of them getting hit by skills like Savage Blow, Blazing Thunder and so on.

No one in the arena intentionally runs Savage Blow or area-of-effect special skills unless they don't have the resources to replace it or they're running a gimmicky build.

The primary disadvantages of the Litrowl tomes are the fact that they require strict positioning to be effective, which is not always possible on certain maps and have weaker base stats than their alternatives. The advantages that you are trading these to get are mainly restricted to being able to get +2-6 Spd and not have the special skill cooldown penalty of the Litrblade tomes.

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

@ gender ratio: And that's when people start making rules in their heads and convince themselves that was what the developer had in mind and when the developers do otherwise, they get upset that their imaginary "pattern" was broken. It's more of the case of fans trying to think too much of things. Anyway, seeing developers throw curveballs like these (I guess?) are always fun and far more exciting than expecting a "pattern". It also means that future main banners could be completely lop-sided and instead of just throwing a bunch of random units for the sake of popularity, each character chosen for the banner brings something new to the roster; not just a face which was my main issue with both Saber and Valbar.

I think you're significantly overestimating how much people actually care about something like this. People saw a pattern (and you can't put it in quotes because it was, in fact, a pattern), and used it as a tool for prediction (because that's what you use patterns for). That's it.

I don't think anyone's disappointed at the pattern being broken. I think people are more disappointed that they didn't get Saber or Valbar because some of use actually do want them. I personally would have loved to have Valbar in the game because the game has too little diversity in armored units, and he looks cool.

Additionally, I don't think it's necessary for every character to bring something new to the table in terms of gameplay. A cross-over game like Heroes is at its heart a game where players can use their favorite characters from disparate sources all in one place. While Saber feels like just another sword infantry to me, I'm sure he has his fans and they're disappointed he didn't make it into this banner's roster.

I cared more because a) I don't care for Mae or Genny (whereas I did care in case they picked Atlas or Conrad) and b) I'm worried what it means for future specials. The actual ratio wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for this. If future special events remain equal, I'll be happy. If not, then I'll be annoyed, but not much I can do about it ^.^''

I will be wanting an owl tome at some point... Mostly because it's frickin' adorable :D 

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The primary disadvantages of the Litrowl tomes are the fact that they require strict positioning to be effective, which is not always possible on certain maps and have weaker base stats than their alternatives. The advantages that you are trading these to get are mainly restricted to being able to get +2-6 Spd and not have the special skill cooldown penalty of the Litrblade tomes.

The offensive stats are the most significant advantages, but being able to get +2-6 Def/Res in key situations is also far from trivial. My Xander and Anna are currently stuck with their default Spur Def and Res, and while I'd like to upgrade them to Atk and Spd sometime, they've been key to several plays I've made.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I personally would have loved to have Valbar in the game because the game has too little diversity in armored units, and he looks cool.

He has a huge belly.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

While Saber feels like just another sword infantry to me, I'm sure he has his fans and they're disappointed he didn't make it into this banner's roster.

Actually, I wonder if they could have given him a skill that halves damage coming from Close Counter sources to mimic Dread Fighter. That would be pretty cool, but the Distant Counter version of that would be the real game-changer.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy