Blade Tomes not counting Spur Skills?

Tamarsamar

Just now while grinding in the Training Tower, I noticed that one of my units, using RauDrblade, was a scant 1 point of damage away from 1-rounding a particular target (who was wielding a Sword, so the Triangle didn't come into play) via doubling. So I positioned a unit with Spur Def 3 next to where the attack would initiate from, and I was still 1 point of damage away from the KO (I even executed the attack anyway, just in case it was only the preview didn't take the effects of a Spur skill on a -blade tome into account). The unit was already benefiting from Hone Atk 2 and Fortify Def 2, but even if Fortify Def and Spur Def didn't stack, you would think that at least the stronger bonus would take precedence, thus giving me lethal damage. What is going on here?

It only takes into account buffs that are applied outside battle (the ones that turn the numbers blue), so things like Hones, Fortifies, Rallies, and Defiant buffs.

Things like Blows, Spurs, Goads, and Wards, that apply the boosts during combat, do not count.

Edited by Glaceon Mage