Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dragonlordsd

The Current Meta Is Perfectly Set Up For Reinhardt Domination

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

 

It definitely still works that way. Swapping a fully inherited Nino for a fully inherited Hector increased my average points per battle by 6-8.

What they changed was the stat boost from Fury (and the +3's) no longer affects a characters BST. It now factors the stats without weapons and skills involved. So now Fury 3 isn't an absolute must for your whole team, and brave weapons are actually usable without killing your BST.

No they've changed how scoring is too. BST is still a factor, but there's other things like level, rarity, skill inheritance, and I think one or two more. Ur right that fury was taken out of BST calculations tho (now that I have units with fury ?). The Nino Hector difference would have been 20-30 points previously. Iirc Hector has 182 BST and Nino has about 154(?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Othin said:

What are the exact skills on those characters? If Hector has more valuable skills, that could be relevant. For example, Armads is worth 400 SP while Gronblade+ (and any other top-level spells Nino can access) are only 300 SP.

The differences in their skills are 100 SP from their weapons and 180 SP from their A slot. This could very well could be the factor for the jump. If it is, I stand corrected.

 

Either way, Horse Emblem teams run lower SP weapons and skills than weapons like Armads and A skills like Distant counter and Close counter, so they will still be scoring lower for those reasons. That also means that Reinhardt, Xander and Eldigan are the 3 best horses for getting higher scores because of their higher SP weapons. But Horse Emblem teams are usually filled with blade and raven tomes which is why they don't score as high.

Minerva and Michalis are the only fliers with 400 SP weapons so they would be the best for Flier Emblem teams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

The differences in their skills are 100 SP from their weapons and 180 SP from their A slot. This could very well could be the factor for the jump. If it is, I stand corrected.

 

Either way, Horse Emblem teams run lower SP weapons and skills than weapons like Armads and A skills like Distant counter and Close counter, so they will still be scoring lower for those reasons. That also means that Reinhardt, Xander and Eldigan are the 3 best horses for getting higher scores because of their higher SP weapons. But Horse Emblem teams are usually filled with blade and raven tomes which is why they don't score as high.

Minerva and Michalis are the only fliers with 400 SP weapons so they would be the best for Flier Emblem teams.

 

ITT: Leo doesn't exist.  Would consider Close Counter on him, since his tome + Quick Riposte is really funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eclipse said:

ITT: Leo doesn't exist.  Would consider Close Counter on him, since his tome + Quick Riposte is really funny.

Sorry, I purposely left him out because most people opt for the blade tome. But yeah, he is one of the best horses for getting high score if you run his Brynhildr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pretty much built my own team to defensively counter Reinhardt and other popular threats. Julia tanks and spanks Reinhardt, Olwen, Ursula, and Linde, while also taking care of common meta heroes like Azura, Ninian, and Nowi. Ike or Ryoma check any green mages. Robin checks and kills red mages and Takumi/Kagero. And Azura allows me to repeat any of these depending on what I need. And it works. Defensive checks are the counter meta, and we may see them become more popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhm, while we are still at this Reinhardt thing, has anyone ever tried Raigh? 

I encountered this guy in Arena (+atk -def I think). Such dedication. This guy can kick some ass. He actually killed my Rein since I forgot he was sitting on a defensive tile.

PZJ2ali.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinhardt? Bring it on!

He is one of those heroes I want to see on the enemy team in arena, because I know he'll be an easy elimination for me. I currently use Hector and Soren. Hector one-shots Reinhardt even if he does take a bit of damage; Soren if he is on a defense tile takes zero damage from Reinhardt.

And so, Reinhardt has gone from a unit I absolutely dreaded to one I welcome seeing in the arena now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinhardt was designed to cater for lazy peoples like me who prefer to do their arena without too much thinking. It's a kind of blue Hector, but unlike Hector you are required to move your fingers once in a while. The mild threat he poses is a side effect of his high mobility. I'm sure it is not intentional, unlike the Vantage+Counter setup that is specifally designed to annoy people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eclipse said:

ITT: Leo doesn't exist.  Would consider Close Counter on him, since his tome + Quick Riposte is really funny.

I actually just played with one at the last voting gauntlet.  I didn't even realize he had close counter till there were only 2rng units left so I didn't get to use it, but it sounds pretty effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brynhildr only applies the Mov penalty on offense. What I'm confused about is the end bit, where it says "restricts foe's next-turn movement to 1 space or less". I've tried it on Armors, and it definitely does not cut their Mov to 0. That's not to say CC is bad on him (I'd imagine it's pretty good given his reasonable defenses), it just doesn't combo with Brynhildr's effect.

Back on topic...I'm going to echo the thoughts of a lot of other people here and say that Reinhardt is one of my favorite enemies to go up against. High mov means he's easy to bait, and the new terrain bonuses don't do him any favors either. For my specific situation...I run a Nino team, so he's basically free Desperation activation. I also have 2 WoM users (Azura and whatever Askr unit happens to be in the bonus rotation), so I get that for free too, usually on T1 due to his high Mov. You're in a bit more trouble with an Axe instead of a green mage I'll grant you, but the fact that he's going to outstrip the rest of his team unless it's full Cav helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Brynhildr only applies the Mov penalty on offense. What I'm confused about is the end bit, where it says "restricts foe's next-turn movement to 1 space or less". I've tried it on Armors, and it definitely does not cut their Mov to 0. That's not to say CC is bad on him (I'd imagine it's pretty good given his reasonable defenses), it just doesn't combo with Brynhildr's effect.

It means the target is allowed to move 0-1 spaces. In technical writing, the writing should be as accurate and precise as possible, and the current in-game text is exactly equivalent mathematically in meaning to, "restricts foe's next-turn movement to no more than 1 space."

Furthermore, "restricts foe's next-turn movement to 1 space" could be construed to imply that the unit is not allowed to move zero spaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It means the target is allowed to move 0-1 spaces. In technical writing, the writing should be as accurate and precise as possible, and the current in-game text is exactly equivalent mathematically in meaning to, "restricts foe's next-turn movement to no more than 1 space."

Furthermore, "restricts foe's next-turn movement to 1 space" could be construed to imply that the unit is not allowed to move zero spaces.

Hm. That never even occurred to me. Thanks for clarifying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's cake for me too. Bunny Camilla just baits him and laughs. Honestly, I don't see him a whole ton lately. If anything's been ridiculously common right now it's all these Ryomas and Hectors, likely thanks to the Hero Fest banner.

Either way, even if Rein were in every match, I don't find him as cancerous on defense as Takumi was in the early days of the game. Back before skill inheritance and when most people were still lining up good teams he was just a total pain in the ass to constantly run into. Plus almost everyone seems to carry a reliable green mage or Hector which all take care of Rein pretty safely. (unless it's a bad map + full cav meme buffs)

He's certainly still nuts in the player's hands, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always consider Reinhardt as a free win too since I have Julia in my Arena team paired with Azura. Reinhardt would need 52 Atk if he hopes to barely scratch her.

Edited by pianime94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rein is pretty easily countered, baiting him with Hector is pretty universal solution, though I myself prefer ORKO him with his sister instead. It doesn't get any easier than that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It means the target is allowed to move 0-1 spaces. In technical writing, the writing should be as accurate and precise as possible, and the current in-game text is exactly equivalent mathematically in meaning to, "restricts foe's next-turn movement to no more than 1 space."

Furthermore, "restricts foe's next-turn movement to 1 space" could be construed to imply that the unit is not allowed to move zero spaces.

I think actually on the beginning it really did reduce tank movement range to 0, makeing them stuck. This was changed with an update together with the healer staff restricting the movement now only 1 and not further below. Beforehand it just reduced movement speed by 1, allowing cavalry units to go 2 tiles, infantery 1 and armors well 0...

I think remembering my tank unit getting wailed on by a Leo in Training tower and unable to even attack him at all because i couldnt move.

EDIT: also Raigh is a nightmare for horseemblem ¬.¬ Ursula too, i run for the hills when i encounter them. Luckily i only encounter them in Training tower and never in arena

Edited by Hilda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think actually on the beginning it really did reduce tank movement range to 0, makeing them stuck. This was changed with an update together with the healer staff restricting the movement now only 1 and not further below. Beforehand it just reduced movement speed by 1, allowing cavalry units to go 2 tiles, infantery 1 and armors well 0...

I think remembering my tank unit getting wailed on by a Leo in Training tower and unable to even attack him at all because i couldnt move.

EDIT: also Raigh is a nightmare for horseemblem ¬.¬ Ursula too, i run for the hills when i encounter them. Luckily i only encounter them in Training tower and never in arena

 

I'd rather face those than facing fucking Nino in Arena with Horse Emblem. At least the 5 movement squad can one shot Raigh, while Red Tome on horse consists of only Leo, and i lack a single DC sworders for the week

 

Fuck next week going to be beautiful with the amount of Nino's i can curbstomp with Siegfried

Edited by JSND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSND said:

Fuck next week going to be beautiful with the amount of Nino's i can curbstomp with Siegfried

It's looking like they're not changing the bonus heroes for another week, since they haven't announced a new rotation yet and Celica's team isn't even out yet.

It makes sense that they'd need three-week seasons sometimes, because with releasing two banners and two GHBs each month, that falls behind a two-week rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's looking like they're not changing the bonus heroes for another week, since they haven't announced a new rotation yet and Celica's team isn't even out yet.

It makes sense that they'd need three-week seasons sometimes, because with releasing two banners and two GHBs each month, that falls behind a two-week rotation.

 

Oh hell no

IIRC last season Bonus Hero are revealed during monday?

 

3 season made some sense though, since 3 x 4500 = 13.500 so thats one giveaway/Gauntlet away before a guaranteed promotion for F2P players to get a new 5* from GHB ready

Edited by JSND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's looking like they're not changing the bonus heroes for another week, since they haven't announced a new rotation yet and Celica's team isn't even out yet.

It makes sense that they'd need three-week seasons sometimes, because with releasing two banners and two GHBs each month, that falls behind a two-week rotation.

Is it confirmed somewhere? Would be great because Soren is currently a wonderful Rein counter.

Edited by Okigen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Is it confirmed somewhere? Would be great because Soren is currently a wonderful Rein counter.

Not confirmed but makes sense. The composition of the bonus crew has for a while been new banner people + grand hero battle star + randoms + Askr rep.
Celica's banner has been just announced so her quartet is out of the question. Ursula can't just sit on the bonus list alone with Alfonse and look pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSND said:

 

Oh hell no

IIRC last season Bonus Hero are revealed during monday?

 

3 season made some sense though, since 3 x 4500 = 13.500 so thats one giveaway/Gauntlet away before a guaranteed promotion for F2P players to get a new 5* from GHB ready

I don't think it'll stay at 3 weeks per season, just something every couple of months to keep things from slipping too far. Kind of like a leap year.

Now that the Askr trio seems to be added to the permanent rotation, it should be possible for everyone to guarantee a 5* each rotation just by upgrading all three of them rather than constantly having to dump feathers into GHB characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hilda said:

I think actually on the beginning it really did reduce tank movement range to 0, makeing them stuck. This was changed with an update together with the healer staff restricting the movement now only 1 and not further below. Beforehand it just reduced movement speed by 1, allowing cavalry units to go 2 tiles, infantery 1 and armors well 0...

I think remembering my tank unit getting wailed on by a Leo in Training tower and unable to even attack him at all because i couldnt move.

As far as I'm aware, Gravity has always had the exact same effect. The English skill description is identical in specificity to the original Japanese skill description, but worded slightly differently: 戦闘後、敵の移動を最大1マスに制限 (after combat, the enemy's movement is restricted to a maximum of 1 square).

Furthermore, with how gacha games are handled in Japan, any change to existing mechanics in the game would have had to have been explicitly mentioned in the update notes (and probably would have come with a pile of orbs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...