Cipher Series 11: 7 Dec - Set is now released! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw yiss, huge girl taking the field

even if it's horribly sub-optimal, the novelty of making her a big ass general will never not appeal to me at a fundamental level, and i'm glad they've mentioned her ties to based duessel too

Today's reveal is a double: promoted HNs for Kamui and Leon!

8sni9Zc.png

Now that I'm back home and have a PC, I'll get the OP updated with all released cards so far.

A few other new reveals to share here:

1) Cardland has released their promotional art for S11! Check out the full album here:

https://imgur.com/a/gOfCf

2) Additionally, a few S11 ad posters have begun floating around the internet. I've compiled all of the images I've seen of the posters so far here:

https://imgur.com/a/bb078

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you, @whase!

Now, do we have confirmed effects for Myrrh and the mid-evolution twins?

We've only seen one Myrrh card so far, which was this card from this month's livestream. However, there should be at least one other card for Myrrh which we've not yet seen, due to the existence of another artwork for Myrrh which hasn't had its card revealed yet. We should see about that one in due time, but for now we just have that one Myrrh card.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by the mid-evolution twins, though. If you mean something about Eirika and Ephraim, we already know what every card they've shown off for them so far does and they're all on the wiki I linked to you in a previous post, with the exception of the other two I had also already shown you before and those likely won't be added to their respective pages until they're formally shown on Twitter or set release, whichever comes first.

All of the effects listed for each card provided in this post are accurate as far as I can tell, it's just that those cards which aren't on the wiki yet are only provisionally translated and can be expected to be added when all other text is accounted for, like skill names and such.

Edited by Prince of Iris

...Well I'll be. Today's reveal isn't Tana after all? And (assuming that there is only one representative for each of the overclasses) Clive is the Skogul?

Though, I only now noticed that signed overclasses are going to have the background of their "characteristic" symbols turn from black to gold. That's nice, I suppose. Can't believe I didn't notice it when Delthea's card was revealed.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

just caught up with innes

"King and Strategician" - FECipher English

so wait did hayden die offscreen in fe8 without anyone ever feeling like it was worth mentioning, or did innes just murder him to get a second card

I personally didn't translate that, but I recognize that the Japanese name is supposed to directly borrow from Innes's ending title from the original game, which actually does mention Hayden eventually passing, so it makes sense they chose to use the official English equivalent for that. For what it's worth though, FE Heroes uses the same name for him as well in Japanese, but is localized differently in English as Regal Strategician, which is more close to the original meaning.

There's at least one other similar example where one of the first Chrom cards uses his Newly Exalted title (taken from his FE Awakening ending, in reference to his postgame coronation, while the card itself is based on his appearance circa Endgame), but in FE Heroes that same title is renamed to Exalted Prince to make it sound more neutral. Neither name is more right or wrong than the other, but it's interesting to see the same names get changed in different contexts in English, whereas in Japanese they stay the same. Personally speaking, in the case of Innes, I'd have preferred Regal Strategician used for the card, but whatever.

Since the first set, most card names are often supposed to reference one-off epithets that the characters have used, and it's a cool thing little detail about them that unfortunately doesn't really get to see a lot of exposure in the English fandom due to the language barrier.

Edited by Prince of Iris