Close Counter

I have a really crappy IV Takumi (-Spd is sorta a deal breaker) and I was thinking of possibilities for inheriting Close Counter. I think that the really stocky Mages we have in Henry and soon Bowey would make great use of the skill, allowing them to retaliate on any threat, becoming basically a Hector that can do even more damage by targeting Res against the Physical units while absorbing their attacks like they are nothing. Thoughts?

Henry has really low attack so you might consider other options.

Leo has QR 3 naturally and decent defenses. F!Robin and Spring Camilla are also somewhat beefy. Vantage + CC Kagero might be good too. 

34 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Henry has really low attack so you might consider other options.

Leo has QR 3 naturally and decent defenses. F!Robin and Spring Camilla are also somewhat beefy. Vantage + CC Kagero might be good too.

CC Kagero is not a very good idea tbh. You loose alot of Offensiv power that way and she isnt really bulki. Sacrificing Life and Death 3 for CC means she cant 1 round some units,  and all it needs is one horse/armor unit to blow her up. With this set she only wins 33 matchups when facing oponents with fury and looses to 10 while the rest are draws (assuming +atk and -res IV on oponents, on neutral oponents she looses to 7 and gains no wins) (not counting in any special setups/skills that further boost oponents). If the opponents are useing life and death she wins 54 matchups looses to 5. when defending. When defening she wins 34 MU against fury useers and looses to 47!!! with full HP if you get her into vantage range she wins 30 and looses 91 against LaD its 49 wins 51 losses. QR boosts that number 66, still not very good :/,

Now a LaD Kagero destroys 94 units on player phase (81 against fury users).

Given the current meta of reinhardt/horse emblem users, Tomeblade users, flyer emblem, armor emblem or distant counter armor/infantery units i'll keep here as an offensiv Powerhouse to flush down infantery melee/mages and bow/dagger users down the toilet.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

*Snip*

Fair enough. I had not actually run the stats, I just figured that if Kagero could strike first in melee, she would be able to kill a lot of infantry without worry for bad positioning on the enemy phase. I suppose you needn't tweak a unit that is so good on the player phase.

As good as Takumi was in the early meta, there aren't as many people who would love CC as people who would love DC.