Help w/ Nightmare

gtdfg

Recently, I've noticed that I can't access the Character Editor from Nightmare. Any ideas why? I've already tried to re-download the module and Nightmare, but the same error screen keeps popping...

IMG_0407.JPG

11 minutes ago, MaxBurnHeart said:

Check your rom. You can use nightmare only on clean one.

This isn't true. As long as the nmm is set up to the correct table you can use nightmare on basically any ROM that's recognizable as Fire Emblem.

Did you mess around with the class/character list at all? Make sure that the number at the top of Character List.txt and Class List.txt are less than or equal to the amount of entries that you have for those modules. For example. if you have 128 classes in your table, make sure that you're only set to display 128 classes in Class List.txt. Same thing goes for characters in Character List.txt.

3 hours ago, Deltre said:

This isn't true. As long as the nmm is set up to the correct table you can use nightmare on basically any ROM that's recognizable as Fire Emblem.

Did you mess around with the class/character list at all? Make sure that the number at the top of Character List.txt and Class List.txt are less than or equal to the amount of entries that you have for those modules. For example. if you have 128 classes in your table, make sure that you're only set to display 128 classes in Class List.txt. Same thing goes for characters in Character List.txt.

I didn't alter with the files; since I'm still learning, I've been mostly loading modules and trying them out... 

Gonna take a look at the characters limitations, even though I haven't added any characters yet, there might be something there. Thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you didn't move the miscellaneous files around. If you open the .nmm in a text program, you'll see that each module has its own path. If that path doesn't correspond to the modules actual path, it won't open. Either that or you accidentally edited something in the module, which you can check by opening the . Nmm in a text program as well. 

• 9 months later...

Having this same error. No idea how to resolve it. 

EDIT: Primefusion's thread resolved this for me

Edited by Ultima228
updating to state the problem was resolved