Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hector steamrolls Hard map. However, he gets Lunge-chained to death on Lunatic.

I've got a Bonfire/Vantage Hector so I just put him right above the mountain in range of the blue mage and bow knight. Next turn I kite back and he tanks and kills the Lance knight. So I mean, he doesn't personally kill everything on the map, but he does over half the work! Oh, I also had a Fortify Def on him. Don't remember if it helped him survive, though.

I did Lunatic one try!

Team:
5* Level 40 +Atk/-Spd M!Robin (Blarraven+, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 2, Swordbreaker 3, Spur Def 3)
5* Level 35-36 +Res/-Atk Eirika (Sieglinde, Pivot, Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res 1 seal) [she leveled up during the map]
4* Level 40 +HP/-Res Nino (Gronnblade, Draw Back, Hone Atk 2)
4* Level 40 +Res/-Atk Olivia (Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3)

The Bow Cavalier is pretty dang slow, being doubled by a Hone Spd 3-buffed M!Robin. Eirika with her 38-39 Atk can't two-round the Axe Flier but it's quite easy to bait and not get screwed by the flier's Lunge.

From there, I had to bait the Lance Cavalier since he kept repositioning Lloyd back in an infinite loop. M!Robin can bait him by tanking 21 damage and doesn't get into further combat even after getting lunged. He took damage that he couldn't double Lloyd by Swordbreaker 3. That's why Olivia's there. Just kill the Blue Mage with Nino and that ends the map for me.

Here's stats for those that want them enemy stats:

Spoiler

Ordered: HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res

Lloyd - 57/48/36/20/30 (Regal Blade, Iceberg, Pass, Threaten Spd 3)
Axe Flier - 45/48/41/17/32 (Silver Axe+, Life and Death 3, Lunge, Threaten Spd 3)
Lance Cavalier - 49/50/25/26/30 (Silver Lance+, Reposition, Armored Blow 3, Lunge, Hone Cavalry)
Bow Cavalier - 48/49/23/25/24 (Silver Bow+, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry)
Blue Mage - 45/44/32/20/28 (Thoron+, Rally Defense, Warding Blow, Daggerbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3)

Edited by Dual Dragons

Got the 4 star on my first try :)

Takumi, Hector, Peri, and Camilla. Heres the play-by-play. Lured the archer with Hector on his left most attack tile. Lloyd moved forward and the lance cavalier swapped with him. Immediately killed off the peg with Takumi. Had Camilla move to the spot on the water between the mountains. Enemy phase had Camilla get attacked by the mage, the cavalier was killed by Hector. Lloyd moved into range. Hit Lloyd with Takumi to chip him and moved in with Peri for the kill and then took care of the mage with Camilla.

.... the map could have been waaaay more difficult if they move the bottom left mountain one panel above

Honestly i think the notion than GHBs have been gettig easier to be kinda wrong since a lot of them demands a really quick play and i fucking hate Navvare,  but the moving space for this one is so blatant in that regard. Only thing that surprising is LnD Axe Flier

But then again i Horse Emblemed this shit

Edited by JSND

... I literally cleared the lunatic map on my first try using the exact same team I used on hard. Which consisted of Nino, Eirika, male Robin, and ALFONSE.

Nino and Eirika both give Robin buffs as I moved him to the one space that only the bow knight can reach. Because he has bowbreaker, Robin takes out the bow knight in one round. The axe pegasus moves down in a straight line. I move everyone back and put Alfonse at the very edge of its range. The axe pegasus suicides on Alfonse while the lance cavalier, blue mage, and Lloyd move down. The cavalier kept on repositioning Lloyd for a while, so I waited for the blue mage to move down towards me. At some point, I move Nino towards the rock, while the others stay out of range of everything. All three enemies move down. I had Nino take out the blue mage and the cavalier. When Lloyd got close enough, I had Robin (who had a bonfire charged up) weaken him. Alfonse delivered the final blow.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

While i do think the notion than GHBs have been gettig easier to be kinda wrong since a lot of them demands a really quick play, this one is so blatant in that regard.

And here I was thinking I got better :(

But I think you may be right. Hector seems to be basically a cheat code since I pulled him so I guess I'm not really getting better, just luckier. ?

Had a hard time with this GHB actually.  But I ended up doing it with Ike, Hector, Ninian, and Linde.  Hector was mostly bait with Linde and Ike going in the for the attacks and Ninian being her dancer self.  Lloyd is the only GHB that I've had trouble with, but it's definitely doable.

8 minutes ago, Otorio said:

I've got a Bonfire/Vantage Hector so I just put him right above the mountain in range of the blue mage and bow knight. Next turn I kite back and he tanks and kills the Lance knight. So I mean, he doesn't personally kill everything on the map, but he does over half the work! Oh, I also had a Fortify Def on him. Don't remember if it helped him survive, though.

The problem for me is that the Hector I used is vanilla and can't OHKO/ORKO the lance cavalier since his QR was already broken thanks to the blue mage.

For those like me who don’t have Hector, how do you advise me to proceed?

I aggroed the pegasus with Michalis, then used him to wound the horse archer, whom Soren finished. My stupid DB-less Reinhardt can’t one-round Lloyd but can one-round the lance cavalier. Then Lloyd Icebergs Reinhardt if he shot at him, or the blue mage shoots at him and Lloyd finishes him off.

What should I change in my composition? How do I aggro the pegasus with Xander if I use him instead of Mike?

I cleared this one with a horse emblem team with Cecilia doing most of the work.

I have a feeling that Lloyd's artwork might grow on me a little. I still think it could have been alot better (especially his attack/damaged art) but who knows, I might use him.

Edited by Zelgius

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The problem for me is that the Hector I used is vanilla and can't OHKO/ORKO the lance cavalier since his QR was already broken thanks to the blue mage.

Did he end up killing the bow cav and mage though? I think you might need a Hone Speed to do it if you don't have a +Spd Hector. Mine is +Spd/-Atk. If he does, then all you need is an archer to snipe the pegasus and Hector won't be in danger on the second turn even if he has to tank the lance knight.

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

My Hector has only inherited swap and didn't seem to have a problem. Funny story, I was doing some assist skills on Ike and Hector and ending up giving pivot to Ike and swap to Hector instead of the other way around ?

Also, is it me or does this pose look incredibly unnatural and uncomfortable? His elbow is locked midswing. That would explain the facial expression...

Screenshot_2017-05-19-03-35-00.png

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I aggroed the pegasus with Michalis, then used him to wound the horse archer, whom Soren finished. My stupid DB-less Reinhardt can’t one-round Lloyd but can one-round the lance cavalier. Then Lloyd Icebergs Reinhardt if he shot at him, or the blue mage shoots at him and Lloyd finishes him off.

What should I change in my composition? How do I aggro the pegasus with Xander if I use him instead of Mike?

I think it's a better idea to try and eat the Bow Knight's hit and counter kill instead of taking out the Axe Pegasus first.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

If you got a decent -Raven user (and maybe TA to tank), you can kill the Bow Cavalier easy. My -Spd M!Robin under a Hone Spd 3 buff can double that one.

You can try a Palla if you want to bait the Axe Flier.

So I managed it with Ike, Ephraim, Azura and Cecilia. Cecilia was a triangle adept raven user and she lured and killed the archer. Then I had Ike tank the flier and kill it. After I had Ephraim take the hit from the lance cavalier and had the position switch. Then I had Cecilia kill off the lance while Ephraim attacked the mage. However Ephraim couldn't finish it off in one round so I had to have Ike use swap on Azura so she could get into range to sing to Ephraim. Finally Lloyd killed himself on Ephraim.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Who is the fourth? Michalis, Soren, Reinhardt, and? On my team, Peri would have left him with 1HP so I used my archer to chip him first. Maybe try something like that?

13 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

If you got a decent -Raven user (and maybe TA to tank), you can kill the Bow Cavalier easy. My -Spd M!Robin under a Hone Spd 3 buff can double that one.

You can try a Palla if you want to bait the Axe Flier.

4* Palla can't ORKO the Axe Pegasus even with a Hone Flier buff, unless she's +Atk, unfortunately.

I Horse Emblemed this map in the end.

5⋆ Xander got Gunter’s Hone Cavalry, 4⋆ Frederick got Eliwood’s Ward Cavalry, 5⋆ Reinhardt kept his own Goad Cavalry, 4⋆ Cecilia hung around and looked pretty because she didn’t need any new skills (and because she is pretty).

Buffed Cecilia deleted the archer, Xander baited the pegasus into suiciding, Reinhardt deleted the lance cavalier and Lloyd on the next turn (after tanking a round against him), and Xander wounded the mage, letting Frederick have the honour of finishing the map.

Stage clear.

Edited by Vaximillian

Cleared it on both difficulties with the same team and almost no effort. Spring Camilla/Cordelia/Eirika/Tharja.

Camilla just cheese the mage and archer with no problem, then the axe pegasus flew down and Eirika-buffed Tharja wiped it out. Then Lloyd and the blue cav had both moved forward, and Camilla nuked the cav and Tharja nuked Lloyd on the same turn. Probably the easiest GHB yet for me. Even Navarre's was harder.

Free 4* strat assuming you've done Michalis' and female Robin's GHB maps and have the Speed +1 seal (thanks to nstyler):

3* Donnel can certainly be used though I gave him the Attack seal to be on the safe side.

Edited by Roflolxp54

25 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

4* Palla can't ORKO the Axe Pegasus even with a Hone Flier buff, unless she's +Atk, unfortunately.

Just to bait than kill. I went the Bow Cav route so I only offered a potential bait unit.

Just now, Dual Dragons said:

Just to bait than kill. I went the Bow Cav route so I only offered a potential bait unit.

The Axe Peg has Lunge, so if you don't ORKO the Axe Peg Palla will get tossed into the Bow Knight's range.