Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

Hmm. I'm waiting on stamina now since I used most just before the day started. (derp) My first attempt at Lunatic was... pretty bad. Ursula cannot pull the bow knight as she gets oneshot by it.

With all the talk of Michalis around I got a new plan which hopefully fares better.

EDIT: nvm. Michalis cannot survive the axe pegasus and the bow knight at the same time. Hmmmmm. Maybe if I have Draug pull the bow knight, then have F!Robin kill the two cavs with help of Azura.... grumble.

Edited by Silith13

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat both maps

CLZ3HCd.png

Team is the one shown, strategy (or what I remember of it >~>) was Cecilia baits Horse Archer (spot where he and blue mage can reach, but not Lloyd) and Leo parks himself next to her to keep providing the Fortify Cavalry buffs, Klein moves to the spot below the mountains and Shanna directly below him, he shoots down the peg the next turn.  The remainder of the fight primarily consisted of Brynhildr, Draw Back, Brave Bows hitting the rally mage, and I think Shanna killed something maybe.

Beaten Lunatic with Anna (5 star), Ephraim, Lucina and Priscilla. Took me a few tries because I was trying to find the correct amount of Fury for Anna to survive both the nomad and the mage (she also had +3 def from Priscilla's passive if you're wondering). As it turned out, no amount of Fury could keep her alive (it was off by 2 points of damage everytime), and so I noticed that one spot that only the archer can attack. From there the enemies ruined themselves because of Draw Back and Rallies.

You dun goofed, IS. I'm bad at this game, and I finally managed to clear a Lunatic GHB even with a bad-ish team. (Lucina was -Spd, and Priscilla was like level 25)

Edited by ShadowYoshi

Hector made this a cake walk....I just buffed him and smited him across the river. He took out the mage and bow cav. Ryoma killed the peg, next turn Nino killed the lance cav and got repositioned out of Lloyd's range by Ryoma. Ryoma killed Lloyd with Nino support. 

Beat Lloyd. Minerva kills 1 peg and Reinhardt kills everything else. Reinhardt took 1 round of combat from Lloyd face on. On purpose.

Here's what I did--and 4* Palla would've been a reasonable substitute for Minerva weren't for mine being -Atk.

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Real talk this map looks so much like Four Fanged Offense its amazing

all thats missing is using Marcus to solo it

What if they add Marcus by the time they decide to rerun this map?

Beat the maps on my first try with Team of Lyn, Sharena, Cecilia, Elise (mostly there just for Hone Calvary and some healing).  It's very straightforward Cecilia baits the archer then retreats and Lyn baits the Axe Wyvern. Sharena  murders Lloyd next turn, then Cecilia baits the blue mage and kills him.

I appreciate how Lloyd's map is just like the one you face him on in FE7. I remember when I was a mere child, his map gave me a lot of trouble on Hard mode as it had Fog of War and Lloyd would move out to attack you, and I kept unknowingly putting my units into his range (not being able to see it because of the fog) and he kept critting them.

As for the battle itself: A fairly easy one. These GHBs just keep getting easier and easier after the first few were kind of tough... probably because we have more and more 5* units and skill inheritance.

I used 5* Hector, Minerva, Sharena, and 4* Olivia.

The key move for me was dancing Minerva to hit the green flier but stay outside the bow knight range. From then on, it was Hector doing his thing, then Sharena stepping in vs Lloyd.

Here's the video on how I did it, maybe it can help those who are struggling figure a strategy out:

I think this might be the first GHB I beat on Lunatic on my first try. The enemies are arranged unusually generously, so I never had to take more than one or two attacks at a time while backing up through the available space.

Beat it with a squad of Ephraim/Hector/Reinhardt/Ike.

I tried the Smite strategy someone posted since I actually had a Bartre trained up, but Hector couldn't survive both the Mage and Bow Knight (He could if he had Bonfire instead of Pavise, but whatever).  Hector still works wonders here simply moving up the left side.  I was surprised the Bow Knight could be singularly baited -- made this much easier than it otherwise might have been.  The Cavalier's Reposition works against him as well, as it keeps Lloyd and the Mage back until the Axe Pegasus has been dealt with.

Ok this GHB was easier than what I expected. So here's my step by step clear on Lunatic.

Team

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170519-085733.png

Screenshot_20170519-085738.png

Screenshot_20170519-085743.png

Screenshot_20170519-085748.png

Strategy

Spoiler

Turn 1

Use this formation to get hone and fortify buffs on Cecilia to lure and kill the bow knight

Screenshot_20170519-085815.png

The mage should rally and the bow knight should attack her

Screenshot_20170519-085834.png

Cecilia kills the bow knight in one round, ready to proc Glimmer

Enemies move and next turn comes this way.

Turn 2

Screenshot_20170519-085845.png

The idea is now retreating to kill the axe pegasus with Stahl. Hone and Goad Cavalry should kill it.

I moved my units this way to avoid the clusterfuck of Lloyd and company.

Screenshot_20170519-090008.png

Peg reaches Stahl and this happens

Screenshot_20170519-090013.png

Rekt

The rest of enemies move and do dumb positioning.

Turn 3

Screenshot_20170519-090023.png

This is how turn 3 starts, and now I move my enemies on the enemy range border to take advantage of the buffs and Goad Cavalry, as shown in the following screenshot:

Screenshot_20170519-090147.png

Enemies move again and come closer, and this is how turn 4 starts.

Turn 4

Screenshot_20170519-090219.png

At this point, now I throw my forces to them. Goad!Abel kills the lance cav

Screenshot_20170519-090238.png

Cecilia Glimmer kills the mage

Screenshot_20170519-090251.png

And Rein one rounds Lloyd

Screenshot_20170519-090312.png

And with this, the Stage is Cleared!

I would've done this a little sooner, but for once, I actually felt exhausted at 3 am (normally EST/EDT is a great time zone, but this game makes it a struggle at times) :P:

Anyway, my team was:

• Hector (+Spd, -Def) - Normally, Hector's role in grand hero battles is to eliminate any dagger users before they become a problem.  However, today was a little different, as he actually had to tank some hits.
  • Klein (+Spd, -HP) - There was nothing unusual going on for this grand hero battle stand-by - this man player-phases with the best of 'em.
  • Azura (+HP, -Atk) - She maybe could have taken out Lloyd?  Other than that, she just danced.
  • Priscilla (+Def, -Res) - Any other healer could have done this job (hell, a cleric with Recover could have done it better), but Priscilla got to clock in for this battle due to good behavior.

Turn 1: Klein shifted to the very bottom of the mountain.  Hector (with an Azura assist) began the slow and laborious process of trying to move into position.  Everyone else waited with baited breath.

Turn 2: Hector finally got to his destination (the very edge of the bow cavalier's range) and set up shop.  Priscilla advanced behind Klein (apparently baiting the axe flier in the process), and everyone else waited.  During enemy phase, the archer attacked, dealing 19 damage to our hero and receiving a beating (23 x2) in return.  The lance cavalier drew him back, and everyone else began their advance.

Turn 3: Klein took the opportunity to take out the Axe flier before he became a problem, and Hector retreated a little.  With a little help from Azura, Priscilla healed Hector for 14 hp, leaving him at 47 hp.  During enemy phase, Hector received a) 20 damage from Lloyd due to Pavise [(13 x .5) + 13] and dealt 40 back, b) 0 damage from the lance cavalier and dealt 24 damage back, and c) thanks to swap on the lancer, took 21 damage from the bow knight before KOing him, leaving our second favorite armor at 6 hp.  I had done 3 previous attempts with +HP, -Atk Hector in order to have a little extra magic survivability should it come to that and to hopefully avoid being doubled, but +HP Hector failed to live that onslaught by 1 measly health point.  +Atk Hector could have survived this as well, since he would've KOed the archer on the previous turn.

Turn 4: Hector finished off the Lance, Azura finished off Lloyd, and Priscilla (unnecessarily) got Hector back up to full.  During enemy phase, the mage approached.

Turn 5: Klein one-rounded the mage, and that was that.

Overall, this one didn't seem too bad, though the sheer might of the archer slightly complicated things.  I look forward to strats from those of you without the easy win button that is Hector.

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to running out of Attachment space, all the relevant Grand Hero Battle pictures live here: http://imgur.com/a/oClwW

Huh. I didn't have to train anyone this time.

Caeda goes up to mountain within range. Gets danced by Ninian. Attacks axe flier.

Position Linda and Harold just outside ranges.

Caeda kills on counter.

Linda attacks Bow Knight doubling to kill while getting desperation range. Which turns out to be irrelevant btw.

Ninian dances her to get out of range.

Harold swaps with Ninian.

Lance cav attacks Harold. Gets Emerald Axe lance breakered one rounded.

Linda Lunas Lloyd. Not enough. Ninian Wings of Mercy up to Lloyd's face and kills him.

Harold Swaps Linda out of mage range.

Blue Mage doubles Ninian from across the river but she survives.

Linda can't double Aura Desperation one round kill the mage from calcs.

Ninian wings to Linda out of range.

Move everyone out of range. Mage moves in.

Harold hits with Emerald Axe.

Move Linda closer to Harold.

Ninian Wings next to Linda and dances Harold.

Harold activates Dragon Glare with the line "SEIIIIGIII ATTTTAKKKUUU" to finish the map.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Mkv's 3* free units clear of Lloyd's Lunatic GHB map (requires beating female Robin's GHB map):

Another 3* free units clear (different player; contains Japanese commentary; uses Virion instead of Matthew):

Edited by Roflolxp54

35 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

thoughts on if Lloyd is worth promoting to 5*? 

I think if you have DC to spare, he can became best red coloured mage killer in game (and competent sword unit overall). If you don't Xander is objectively better.

Edited by Tenzen12

Just now, BANRYU said:

How many days left for the event? I lost my phone and need to know how much time I have to find it OTL...

The map lasts a week, it will be gone next Friday’s reset.

5 hours ago, Kiran said:

Hector made this a cake walk....I just buffed him and smited him across the river. He took out the mage and bow cav. Ryoma killed the peg, next turn Nino killed the lance cav and got repositioned out of Lloyd's range by Ryoma. Ryoma killed Lloyd with Nino support. 

Smited him across the river... that is hilarious... 10 points!  I did not know you could smite units across water thanks for the tip ;-)

Cecilia destroys this group too with her default tomb and triangle adept.  She tears the archers and blue units to shreds. 

Did it with Michalis, Fem!Corrin, Male!Robin, and Merric. I was originally struggling a little bit because I was trying to use the "reposition over the river" technique. Once I stopped doing that it only took me two tries. Fem!Corrin had to use the +HP seal though, was left with 2 HP.

Fem!Corrin's giant pile of debuffs was handy when the enemy was clustered together. Made sure that they couldn't double Robin or Merric. Michalis took out the axe flier and that was pretty much it. 

Did it on the first try, Hector just eats this map wholesale. I fielded Hector, Rebecca w/Brave Bow, Azura, and Reinhardt w/Reposition. I put Hector on the square to bait the mage and bow cav, and then they suicide on him. The pegasus knight starts coming down the mountain, and Lloyd and his lance cav goon advance. Rebecca nom noms the pegasus, while Reinhardt helps Hector move to where he wouldn't be pulled into Lloyd's range by the Lunge skill. Lloyd and the cav, if left to their own devices, just dance around each other. I had Hector tank the cav. Hector then finishes the cav, and Reinhardt kills Lloyd with dance assistance.