Wedding Banner Speculation

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Crivens, as Gaius would say! I hadn't even thought of that.

...And now it's in my head. I'm not going to be able to look at Gaius the same way >.< xD

Put it in yer fanfic. You know I usually charge for such juicy ideas.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gustavos said:

Put it in yer fanfic. You know I usually charge for such juicy ideas.

Thanks for the freebie! xD The wedding night spectacular! 

...Now is he wearing them or her... or both? 

Oh geez, how old is Linde? I didn't even check ages before randomly picking!

I'll change my pick to Niime. She's definitely old enough ^.^ Can never be too careful in Fire Emblem world!

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ask Belinda's need for cuties, not me.

That's the one murdering my wallet.

10/10. 
Such is life, huh? 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

...And now it's in my head. I'm not going to be able to look at Gaius the same way >.< xD

OMG XDD that's just perfect. 

Spoiler

Gauis: Ooh, fruit taffy!... (takes a bite)Why do they look like women's undergarments? 

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

10/10. 
Such is life, huh? 

OMG XDD that's just perfect. 

Hide contents

Gauis: Ooh, fruit taffy!... (takes a bite)Why do they look like women's undergarments? 

I was picturing him already wearing them. After all, there's sweet treats in every pocket, lmao!

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Get used to it, I can't stop thinking of Frederick as a conniving badass after how I ended up writing him having sex with female Robin to piss off the villain and then more or less rubbing it in his face later in my second Freddy x female Robin story. lol This probably seems out of character at first, but believe me, this was pretty much all female Robin's idea. She IS the tactician as she points out...haha.

So yeah, I won't look at Frederick the same way I did before writing this. XD

Wait, are we all getting too off topic here though, people?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Get used to it, I can't stop thinking of Frederick as a conniving badass after how I ended up writing him having sex with female Robin to piss off the villain and then more or less rubbing it in his face later in my second Freddy x female Robin story. lol This probably seems out of character at first, but believe me, this was pretty much all female Robin's idea. She IS the tactician as she points out...haha.

I know fanfic does change the way you see people. I wrote one of Nailah before FE10 came out, based on the translations of the base conversations. Since then, my friend and I have fully headcanoned this in as her full personality. It's not far from her translated one, but it adds a few little bits that may or may not have been there if supports were in the game. 

Incidentally, Nailah is my favourite female character by design and general attitude so far. I just wish there were supports in RD. I really hope she comes into Heroes at some point. It'd be nice to see more of her :) 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, are we all getting too off topic here though, people?

What is that, and where can I read this. 

Though, this could be a funny writing contest inspired by the banner. 

Edit: WTF, I somehow posted before I finished. 

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

Anyone else find it odd that they teased the first two brides 4 days before the banner dropped, and now almost 2 days later there hasn't been another tease?  I assume they'd still intend to do a video like they did for Spring, which I assume would come 1 day before it dropped.  So wouldn't the logical thing be to put the day of no teasing in between the second tease and the video, rather than between the first two teases?

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I know fanfic does change the way you see people. I wrote one of Nailah before FE10 came out, based on the translations of the base conversations. Since then, my friend and I have fully headcanoned this in as her full personality. It's not far from her translated one, but it adds a few little bits that may or may not have been there if supports were in the game. 

Incidentally, Nailah is my favourite female character by design and general attitude so far. I just wish there were supports in RD. I really hope she comes into Heroes at some point. It'd be nice to see more of her :) 

lol indeed.

I really want the laguz to get in the game too, mainly because of Ranulf and Tibarn. Especially Ranulf. <3

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

What is that, and where can I read this.

This story. Chapters 5 and 6. lol I still don't know how I came up with that since I usually don't write that much...well, sexual stuff, but somehow it just sounded too awesome and badass not to use when I thought of it. :P (I know the villain seems a bit flat here, but I'm not through with him yet. He'll get much more depth and development the next time I bring him up in a story).

1 minute ago, GinRei said:

Anyone else find it odd that they teased the first two brides 4 days before the banner dropped, and now almost 2 days later there hasn't been another tease?  I assume they'd still intend to do a video like they did for Spring, which I assume would come 1 day before it dropped.  So wouldn't the logical thing be to put the day of no teasing in between the second tease and the video, rather than between the first two teases?

I thought from the Spring one that there was only one tease and then the vid the day before? I could be wrong, though... 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And my envy for Rey kicks in again. I really want a good degree and job, marriage, and my own place too... He's so lucky.

You'll get there one day, Rey didn't always have all that. I believe in you.

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I 5*'red him recently and I swear all of his lines are suggestive. I think there's one that goes something like... I've got sweet little treasures in every pocket. 

Not REALLY the place for it, but what bane/boon was he and how satisfactory is he as a 5*? Been considering it but hes not as strong as I would like.

2 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I think it's called 'hype'. 

What you are seeing here in this result is likely a result of it.

Just now, rockocalypse said:

Well yeah, nobody who has it always did. :P It's just sometimes a bit painful to watch a lot of others get it before you do, sometimes long before you do (looking at a number of my cousins... In fact, I'm the only one of my cousins from my dad's side that hasn't gotten married or engaged yet except for the one who I heard is in jail).

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I thought from the Spring one that there was only one tease and then the vid the day before? I could be wrong, though... 

There was only one tease for the spring banner, yeah. Then a couple days later, the trailer dropped.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I've experienced this and I wasn't technically writing a fanfic. My friend threw me into playing Radiant Dawn without me having ever touched POR before, so I had no context for anything. So I naturally took nothing seriously and gave a running commentary that turned Miciah into a crime boss out for control of Dain, a timeshare in the Desert of Death, and a one sided obsession friendship with Jarod. This was recent enough that this ridiculous personality is still what I think of whenever I see anything written about her... I want to do a series of comics based on this at some point. :U

A fanfic contest/event/whatever based off this silly banner sounds really fun! Oh the ridiculous possibilities.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

They dropped the video later the same day they did the first teaser, actually.  Just went and checked their twitter, and the video was posted about 20 hours after the tease.  Likely because NoA leaked who was in it anyway.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I think it's called 'hype'. 

What you are seeing here in this result is likely a result of it.

Gacha games thrive on impulse.  Giving an entire weekend to cool off from initial hype is bad marketing.

the videos are usually two days before the characters are added

the spring one was the 30th and the video was on the 28th

so I think it'll probably be in a few hours for this one

3 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

Not REALLY the place for it, but what bane/boon was he and how satisfactory is he as a 5*? Been considering it but hes not as strong as I would like.

He's +Atk -HP.

I've been messing about with his skills. Given him Fury, which is my first time using it. Honestly, Kagero is more use, but he's been able to help. I think if I could get him a Silver Dagger, he'd be a lot better, but that would involve getting a dupe 5* Jakob, and I only currently have a 4* one, and don't particularly want to 5* him or use him as he's my only Jakob... 

Honestly, if you're looking for a good unit... He's not the one for you. If you like him, you can make him useable, but there'll always be better units. I did it because he's one of my favourites :) So, if you really like him and have no other characters you currently need 5*... go for it :D 

Plus you get the sweet treats line. Surely that by itself is worth it ;) xD 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There was only one tease for the spring banner, yeah. Then a couple days later, the trailer dropped.

I thought that was the case. I'm hoping the video is released tomorrow, since it's bank holiday here and I don't want another work day between now and not knowing. I can take out my frustrations by being even more polite to my customers on Tues, if it does turn out to be a banner I dislike. They hate it when I'm extra polite when they're looking to rant xD 

2 minutes ago, GinRei said:

They dropped the video later the same day they did the first teaser, actually.  Just went and checked their twitter, and the video was posted about 20 hours after the tease.  Likely because NoA leaked who was in it anyway.

Gacha games thrive on impulse.  Giving an entire weekend to cool off from initial hype is bad marketing.

Oh right. Remembered incorrectly then >.< Oh well. I think the hype will still be there. This is just giving more time for worries to grow, blood to boil... and hopefully people to become more excited :D 

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I've experienced this and I wasn't technically writing a fanfic. My friend threw me into playing Radiant Dawn without me having ever touched POR before, so I had no context for anything. So I naturally took nothing seriously and gave a running commentary that turned Miciah into a crime boss out for control of Dain, a timeshare in the Desert of Death, and a one sided obsession friendship with Jarod. This was recent enough that this ridiculous personality is still what I think of whenever I see anything written about her... I want to do a series of comics based on this at some point. :U

A fanfic contest/event/whatever based off this silly banner sounds really fun! Oh the ridiculous possibilities.

xD So have you played since? Micaiah could be good for this banner, maybe, but Ice Dragon basically put out the reasons why we shouldn't really introduce characters in this fashion first, and it makes sense -.- I do like the idea of a contest based upon it, though :) 

I'm really hopeful that they stick to two colours, like they did last time. I got so many 5*'s, even if it took me roughly forever to get the two I wanted xD The three Camillas just laughed at me -.- But she's proven herself useful :) 

Eh, regardless of who's in/isn't in this banner I'll just find an excuse to make art based on the theme one way or the other. That way it's win-win by default for me! :D

Though I suppose having a liked character vs a character I'm more neutral towards will turn it into a situation of "Yay! Fav got awesome alt costume - Must.Draw.It.Nao" vs "Oh well, my fav didn't make it, time to hit the drawing board and make something up instead!".

22 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Though, this could be a funny writing contest inspired by the banner. 

So uh...can visual artist join in on this brand of fun? ;)

Like, I'm already mentally sketching concepts for my favs in my head right now.

2 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

So uh...can visual artist join in on this brand of fun? ;)

Like, I'm already mentally sketching concepts for my favs in my head right now.

Maybe make it a creative contest all round. Fanart is always fun ^.^ I collect too much Fire Emblem fanart, and Heroes hasn't helped with that. So many new pictures to collect @_@

So I made this account a couple of months ago but never really touched it til now, so I guess I'm new?  Anyways I'm kind of hoping for there to be grooms on this wedding banner, and if there is, I really wanna see Eldigan on there xD

Other than that I'm pretty much speculating that it'll be Lyn and Eirika.  I could be wrong about Eirika but I'm feeling pretty confident in Lyn.  We don't know the other units on the banner but I'm hoping they're the grooms.

You know what? I haven't mentioned that Frederick would fit this pretty well! He's not popular, but he DOES wear a sort of suit underneath that armor of his. He'd look so dashingly handsome as a groom. ^^

I doubt he's in this though, since as I said, he's not popular. Not really hated or disliked, but not popular either. People seem to just be plain neutral on him.

Sure, Xander isn't in the top 20 in that CYL poll, and he was in the spring banner, but I'm pretty sure he got plenty more votes than Frederick.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

xD So have you played since? Micaiah could be good for this banner, maybe, but Ice Dragon basically put out the reasons why we shouldn't really introduce characters in this fashion first, and it makes sense -.- I do like the idea of a contest based upon it, though :) 

I'm really hopeful that they stick to two colours, like they did last time. I got so many 5*'s, even if it took me roughly forever to get the two I wanted xD The three Camillas just laughed at me -.- But she's proven herself useful :) 

Sadly her copy of the game was stuck at her house so I only got to play it the times I went home with her over Thanksgiving and spring break, so I only got to I think the second to last or so chapter before the end of act 1. 

I agree I don't think it would be good to introduce any new characters, never mind Micaiah, in a banner like this. Two colors again would be nice. Mostly I just hope I can get one of the focus characters this time! 

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

Sadly her copy of the game was stuck at her house so I only got to play it the times I went home with her over Thanksgiving and spring break, so I only got to I think the second to last or so chapter before the end of act 1. 

I agree I don't think it would be good to introduce any new characters, never mind Micaiah, in a banner like this. Two colors again would be nice. Mostly I just hope I can get one of the focus characters this time! 

I wish luck to all that attempt it. I got three of them last time, but had to give up on Bunny!Lucina. With the CYL characters not being ones that interest me overly, I decided to use that to convince myself that I don't need every character in the game. It's not just that I couldn't pull darn Lucina xD 

But, since I don't have her, I can pass on banners if they're not to my liking a lot easier. But it makes me somewhat antsy. I'm running out of characters to enjoy...ish. Still get several to get to level 40 but the training tower's decided it doesn't like me. Nothing to do with me sucking at it... xD 

27 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Maybe make it a creative contest all round. Fanart is always fun ^.^ I collect too much Fire Emblem fanart, and Heroes hasn't helped with that. So many new pictures to collect @_@

Indeed, the more the merrier!

(On both accounts)

Now to decide which fav to draw first...decisions man, decisions. XD

Just now, Tactician_Iris said:

Indeed, the more the merrier!

(On both accounts)

Now to decide which fav to draw first...decisions man, decisions. XD

Well now, the answer there is obviously Kent ;) 

Although, more seriously, who do you want to see in the banner? That would likely be the best place to start :) Is there anyone you hope will appear in the upcoming trailer? ^.^

Or you could even draw who you think the people in the shadows are, to get you started? I'm sure that's what some people have been doing, though I've not searched it up :)