Wedding Banner Speculation

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I won't deny they recycled her character essentially, but, as I've went through before, they're not the same. Even if they were, different lives = different experiences and skills.

Caeldori should have at least retained the ”Out of my sight!” line of Cordelia’s.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Lushen said:

+res/-hp Cordelia.  Overall a bad nature (any +def/+res coupled with -hp is bad but similar to neutral).  

So, if I don't have +sp, do I build as a buffer or build as an attacker...hmm...

both. Even with neutral Atk and Spd she can still kill things well. Just make her capable of being a buff bot as well. It's not like her C-slot needs anything specific in order to be an attacker.

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

both. Even with neutral Atk and Spd she can still kill things well. Just make her capable of being a buff bot as well. It's not like her C-slot needs anything specific in order to be an attacker.

True, but it's not just her C slot in this case.  Both her weapon and assist skill are geared towards buffing.

Not having +sp or +at makes me want to shy away from an attacking build but the -hp makes me think she won't survive many hits so a brave weapon and death blow could be helpful.  

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

True, but it's not just her C slot in this case.  Both her weapon and assist skill are geared towards buffing.

Not having +sp or +at makes me want to shy away from an attacking build but the -hp makes me think she won't survive many hits so a brave weapon and death blow could be helpful.  

35/35 is better than the best possible offenses of TKJ, who were the best offensive archers before B. Cordelia came around. (+Atk Takumi, for reference, is 35/33)

19 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I believe I have gotten the worst Cordelia possible, lol. +HP/-Spd, that'll hurt. 

-Atk or -Spd bride Cordelia would basically be Jeorge, Klein, or Takumi at worst. If it were possible, a -Atk and -Spd bride Cordelia would still be on par with neutral Jeorge, Klein and Takumi; she'd have 32 attack and speed which is the same as Jeorge and just be slightly worse to Klein's 31 attack and 33 speed and Takumi's 32 attack and 33 speed.

+HP, -Spd gives her 40 HP and 32 speed. She's literally neutral Takumi, but with swapped and slightly different defense and resistance and 3 more attack. Considering the attack lead and just barely being slower, she's arguably still better than Takumi.

Bride Cordelia is the best archer in the game. The only things she can't do are specific, defensive builds that Faye, Gordin, Niles, and kind of Rebecca can do, but that's the opposite of the spectrum where she trumps everyone else.

Edited by Kaden

31 minutes ago, Kaden said:

-Atk or -Spd bride Cordelia would basically be Jeorge, Klein, or Takumi at worst. If it were possible, a -Atk and -Spd bride Cordelia would still be on par with neutral Jeorge, Klein and Takumi; she'd have 32 attack and speed which is the same as Jeorge and just be slightly worse to Klein's 31 attack and 33 speed and Takumi's 32 attack and 33 speed.

+HP, -Spd gives her 40 HP and 32 speed. She's literally neutral Takumi, but with swapped and slightly different defense and resistance and 3 more attack. Considering the attack lead and just barely being slower, she's arguably still better than Takumi.

Bride Cordelia is the best archer in the game. The only things she can't do are specific, defensive builds that Faye, Gordin, Niles, and kind of Rebecca can do, but that's the opposite of the spectrum where she trumps everyone else.

What are the recommended builds people are running on Cordelia?

17 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Brave Bow+, Life and Death, Desperation

Optional Ardent Sacrifice to get her into Desperation range more easily, otherwise Reposition/Draw Back

Draconic Aura for her special, though Luna's fine too

Threaten Def is probably the best selfish C-slot, but you could also go with a Hone/Fortify/Spur aura for your teammates

Ninja'd, but whatever.

30 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Add in Desperation and either Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid if you want to have her double with Brave Bow against ranged units and units with Distant Counter without fear by having someone take damage and using Ardent or Reciprocal Aid to safely drop her down to Desperation's range.

With the same build, Jeorge, Klein, Setsuna, and Takumi (and Virion) run with Luna as well, but I feel like bride Cordelia might be able to make better use of Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang. The other archers can't reach 50 attack, the usual minimum for candidates Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang, without an attack boost. Luna has the benefit of lowering her opponent's defense by 50%, but Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang has a fixed damage.

+Atk Takumi is 3 points off with Brave Bow+ (7 MT) and L&D3 (+5) which is the same as =Atk Cordelia. +Atk Cordelia, which you don't have, but for those that do, reaches that since her base attack is 38 allowing Brave Bow+ and L&D3 to put her at 50 attack (and 40 speed if she's =Spd). That said, =Atk Cordelia can use it as well, but because of her higher base attack, she has the higher potential to use them compared to the others who cap at 35 with attack boon while she caps at 38.

Considering she is the hardest hitting archer, she could just get away with killing things normally while her special such as Dragon Fang or even Aether -- she, like other ranged units, healers, and dragons, cannot use/inherit Galeforce -- would be used to muscle through units with very high HP and defense if for some reason you really need to deal with units like that. I could even see an AOE special working with her, especially for when you want to use her for singleplayer maps. Arena? Not so much since you're only fighting 4 units at most.

Basically, you can run the same Brave weapon and Life & Death build with bride and regular Cordelia. Their main difference would be one's a grounded archer and the other is a blue flyer which also affects their B-skill usage; regular Cordelia can make use of Drag Back or Hit & Run to kill someone and move back out of range which bride Cordelia can't since it's illegal for ranged units to inherit those skills.

Edited by Kaden

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Bow+, Life and Death 3.

I know why Brave Bow+, though that is costly. What about a build that keeps her weapon. I don't have lots of Gordon and Klein to throw around. Let alone Klein has Death Blow, Quick Riposte and Glacies to offer up. Neither of mine are 5 stars either

1 minute ago, Sleypnyr said:

I know why Brave Bow+, though that is costly. What about a build that keeps her weapon. I don't have lots of Gordon and Klein to throw around. Let alone Klein has Death Blow, Quick Riposte and Glacies to offer up. Neither of mine are 5 stars either

You could just keep her as is for the time being. Cupid Bow+ only has 2 less MT than the legendary bows, but with =Atk, she has +3 attack compared to Jeorge and Takumi. Just slowly give stuff to her. The best thing would probably to give her a special and a B-skill. Brave Bow+, Life & Death, etc., can be gotten later.

What's the best build for a +ATK/-HP Cordelia? I don't see how a Brave Bow+ works for =Spd as that's just 35 Speed. It's nice but she's no Setsuna even if she hits much harder. Seems like Death or Darting Blow would be better but any advice is helpful as she's apparently the best Archer. I just want a setup that'll make using her more worthwhile than my Takumi.

What about a FireSweep Bow+ build? I do have a Faye lying around I'll probably never use over Takumi or Kagero.

Edited by Zeo

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I won't deny they recycled her character essentially, but, as I've went through before, they're not the same. Even if they were, different lives = different experiences and skills.

Anything Caeldori can do Cordelia should be able to do, and vice-versa. I believe it was stated multiple times that Cordelia/Caeldori is a genius, especially in terms of her skill at arms. As far as I know, Caeldori didn't have more practice with the bow than Cordelia did, so I would expect Cordelia to also be able to shoot a bow with some degree of skill if Caeldori is able to. 

1 minute ago, Godhand said:

Anything Caeldori can do Cordelia should be able to do, and vice-versa. I believe it was stated multiple times that Cordelia/Caeldori is a genius, especially in terms of her skill at arms. As far as I know, Caeldori didn't have more practice with the bow than Cordelia did, so I would expect Cordelia to also be able to shoot a bow with some degree of skill if Caeldori is able to. 

Well, that just means they train a lot and are prodigies. It doesn't mean that their skills correlate.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, that just means they train a lot and are prodigies. It doesn't mean that their skills correlate.

It does depend on their experience, as you said. If Caeldori had trained more with the bow than Cordelia did, then Caeldori would most likely be more skilled at using it. However, I don't recall anything in any of the games which hinted that Caeldori was better at any one thing than Cordelia or vice-versa, so that leads me to believe that in terms of miscellaneous skills such as archery, Caeldori and Cordelia are equal. They are certainly equal in raw talent. 

1 minute ago, Godhand said:

It does depend on their experience, as you said. If Caeldori had trained more with the bow than Cordelia did, then Caeldori would most likely be more skilled at using it. However, I don't recall anything in any of the games which hinted that Caeldori was better at any one thing than Cordelia or vice-versa, so that leads me to believe that in terms of miscellaneous skills such as archery, Caeldori and Cordelia are equal. They are certainly equal in raw talent. 

Without a proper benchmark, it becomes hard to gauge their ability to one another.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Without a proper benchmark, it becomes hard to gauge their ability to one another.

Yes, but it's safe to assume they are generally the same in everything since they are practically the same exact character.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

What's the best build for a +ATK/-HP Cordelia? I don't see how a Brave Bow+ works for =Spd as that's just 35 Speed. It's nice but she's no Setsuna even if she hits much harder. Seems like Death or Darting Blow would be better but any advice is helpful as she's apparently the best Archer. I just want a setup that'll make using her more worthwhile than my Takumi.

What about a FireSweep Bow+ build? I do have a Faye lying around I'll probably never use over Takumi or Kagero.

You don't need Speed to use Brave weapons. Reinhardt is a beast because he kills with his high ATK. Cordelia does similar things and with her 35 speed, she still doubles most enemies. You could go Firesweep bow for higher ATK and SPD but you lose the ability to kill slow and bulky units and speedsters.

Pulled 2 of the bride characters! Not sure where to check what the boon/banes are, but here's who I pulled:

Cordelia (HP17, Atk21, Spd9, Def4, Res5)

Caeda (HP15, Atk19, Spd9, Def5, Res8) 

ill look through this thread to see to see some builds people are recommending! I have a few exependable characters for skill inheritance. 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Umm, Life & Death? Jeorge, Klein, and Takumi have been running or calculated to run Brave Bow, L&D3, Desperation builds purely from being +Atk despite having lower speed than bride Cordelia; Jeorge has 32 speed while Klein and Takumi have 33. Those 3 outperform Setsuna despite being much slower. Life & Death 3 negates the -5 speed penalty of using Brave Bow or weapons in general while boosting their attack. It's why Hana can be such a monster if you simply drop a Brave Sword on her since -- completely neutral Hana -- she'd retain her 36 base speed while having 48 total attack with her 35 base attack, default Life & Death 3, and 8 MT Brave Sword+.

Neutral bride Cordelia with Brave Bow+ sits at 42 attack and 30 speed. +Atk would have 45 attack and 30 speed. Compare this to neutral Takumi who would only have 39 attack and 28 speed and +Atk Takumi who would only have 42 attack and 28 speed. Neutral Setsuna would have 35 attack and 32 speed while +Atk Setsuna would have 38 attack and 32 speed.

The fastest unit has 39 speed, neutral Lon'qu, but his defense and resistance are both 22. +Atk Cordelia does 23x2 damage to him. He only has 45 HP. The others miss the mark without attack buffs. Most of the units who are blistering fast tend to sacrifice something be it attack, defense, resistance, whatever. In most cases, they're going to be glass cannons and if their defense is low, then Cordelia will destroy them. Other units and archers too, but they might need more help compared to bride Cordelia. High defense units should probably be handled with someone else, but most units have 25-ish defense or resistance. Those who have it higher will have to sacrifice something like Alfonse has 25 speed for having 32 defense. +Atk Cordelia would do 13x4 on him which instantly kills him since he only has 43 HP while neutral would only need to do 3 more damage which the usual Hone Attack 3 would easily remedy. +Atk Takumi wouldn't be able to double him without a speed boost and fails to kill Alfonse since he only does 10 damage per hit when he needs to do 11 damage per hit. +Atk Setsuna only does 6x4 meaning she'd need +5 attack from somewhere.

Life & Death 3 puts neutral bride Cordelia at 47 attack and 35 speed while +Atk would sit at 50 attack and 35 speed. Compare this to neutral Takumi who only has 44 attack and 32 speed and +Atk Takumi with 47 attack and 32 speed. Neutral Setsuna would only have 40 attack and 37 speed while +Atk Setsuna would have 43 attack and 37 speed. That extra 4 damage Takumi and Jeorge and 5 for Klein does actually lets them outpace Setsuna as Brave Bow users despite having 5 less speed or 6 in Jeorge's case. Bride Cordelia? 7 extra damage while only being 2 speed slower.

Edited by Kaden

Life and death is a definite must for Cordelia.

What about B-slot though?  Everyone is saying Desperation, but I'm not sure she has enough speed.  I don't think she has enough survivability to benefit from Vantage either.  I'm thinking quick riposte, not sure yet though.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Life and death is a definite must for Cordelia.

What about B-slot though?  Everyone is saying Desperation, but I'm not sure she has enough speed.  I don't think she has enough survivability to benefit from Vantage either.  I'm thinking quick riposte, not sure yet though.

If she has the survivability for Quick Riposte, she has the survivability for Vantage.

Though yes, I will question 38 Speed on a boon. I think that accounts for Brave Bow and Life & Death. If you're eschewing the former, 43 speed lets you double neutral everyone but Lon'qu.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Everyone is saying Desperation.

Where are you seeing this? Desperation is nice but you need to either sacrifice 2 turns or use a Dancer.

Almost any B skill is good. It just depends on the arena rating you are playing at. Pick what ever you need to make a better team.

Edited by Clogon