Wedding Banner Speculation

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Maybe Forrest really is the one with the bow, and he modeled the design after his Aunt Elise.

I would totally support this being Forrest's debut in the game. This special event has his name written all over it.

Some people really don't like the thought of units debuting in special events before their game appearance. I honestly don't mind it. In my eyes, more new characters is never a bad thing. If this was Kent's first appearance... well... IS basically will be taking all my money if that's what it takes to get him xD 

Not that I expect that. Why aren't you more popular, Kent? v.v 

Man, I'm really antsy for the announcement. I'm still in such a pessimistic mood that I really feel they're going to make it four females. I really hope not. I might have to leave the game for a bit to cool off, if they do -.- Although, knowing me, I'll still log in to get the daily orbs and do the quests at least. But it's getting a bit dull without pulling. I've been training up characters, but once you get them to thirty or so, the training tower suddenly ramps up with units that feel more cheatworthy, and the units aren't the best statswise and you don't want to waste si on them until you know what you wanna do... it gets painful... 

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weddings usually have priests, right? What better way for Izana to make a surprise entrance? Be hilarious if the wedding banner were a bunch of random characters who were picked by a RNG or because they'd look good in wedding clothes like best man Wallace. :p

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Some people really don't like the thought of units debuting in special events before their game appearance. I honestly don't mind it. In my eyes, more new characters is never a bad thing. If this was Kent's first appearance... well... IS basically will be taking all my money if that's what it takes to get him xD 

Not that I expect that. Why aren't you more popular, Kent? v.v 

Man, I'm really antsy for the announcement. I'm still in such a pessimistic mood that I really feel they're going to make it four females. I really hope not. I might have to leave the game for a bit to cool off, if they do -.- Although, knowing me, I'll still log in to get the daily orbs and do the quests at least. But it's getting a bit dull without pulling. I've been training up characters, but once you get them to thirty or so, the training tower suddenly ramps up with units that feel more cheatworthy, and the units aren't the best statswise and you don't want to waste si on them until you know what you wanna do... it gets painful... 

I understand how you feel. XD At this point, I'd be screaming if Saleh got put in the game in some way, shape, or form, but I don't see that happening for a while. Kent would make a fabulous groom. Heck...90% of the characters in these games would make fabulous brides/grooms. Then again, I think people just look radiant on their wedding days. I watch too many wedding shows... 

I haven't had as much trouble with the training tower lately. I did have SOME trouble training Est...and I never really finished because I lost the will to. XD But I did work on a 3 star Donnel, and I got him to level 40 for the 11-5 Lunatic quest without much trouble. I find that it's easier to train units if you bring along a dancer, healer, and one OP unit. 

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Weddings usually have priests, right... What better way for Izana to make a surprise entrance? Be hilarious if the wedding banner were a bunch of random characters who were picked by a RNG or because they'd look good in wedding clothes like best man Wallace. :p

This would be the trolliest thing ever...but also the greatest thing ever. I would personally love to see what Largo looked like on his wedding day. Most of the wedding planning was probably Calil trying to convince Largo to wear a shirt. 

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

For me, it's not so much that I don't like the idea but the fact that it's not a good marketing decision. Players who haven't played the characters' origin games would not know who these characters are, which doesn't help sell the banner to them. On the other hand, even if a player hasn't played the characters' origin games, they'd still be familiar with characters who are already in the game due to having seen them in the story, in the training tower, or in the arena.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For me, it's not so much that I don't like the idea but the fact that it's not a good marketing decision. Players who haven't played the characters' origin games would not know who these characters are, which doesn't help sell the banner to them. On the other hand, even if a player hasn't played the characters' origin games, they'd still be familiar with characters who are already in the game due to having seen them in the story, in the training tower, or in the arena.

That's a fair point. I guess I do keep forgetting that not everyone has played all the games, which is a stupid thing to forget, really >.< 

That being said, if the designs are nice enough, they may not need to know the character... But  I can see now why people insist so much on them being in the game in their canon versions first, especially for the pre-3DS ones and even more for the pre-Western release ones that are less likely to have been played. 

@Rafiel's Aria

I would never say no to Saleh being added. I love that dude. I usually ship him with Eirika. I just adore him to the moon and back! 

And yes, I just want to see the designs. I don't even like weddings, but I do like the outfits xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

Okay, like, Cute Chao, I have a request. Could you stop talking about how much of a hissy fit you're going to throw if the banner has four female characters in it? Ever since Celica's banner, where you got angry because it had three female characters and one female character, I've been starting to remember you as "that girl who hates girls", and it's getting annoying because it feels like every time I see you on a thread you're complaining about getting too many female character or something.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

We haven't written Echoes stuff yet. Honestly, if I did, I would likely try writing Clair x Lukas xD I know it's not canon, but that's the fun of fanfiction. I expect no one else to read it, I just wanna see how it goes ^.^

He doesn't write me fanfics. We write them together - usually he'll take x characters and I'll take y characters (we draw up a list in advance). They tend to be longer stories. If anything, I write him fanfics 'cos he's a lot slower than me in writing lol But then, he thinks about what he writes. I just go with the flow ^.^

That even better you both help each other out that what true friend's are, well at least to me. 

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, like, Cute Chao, I have a request. Could you stop talking about how much of a hissy fit you're going to throw if the banner has four female characters in it? Ever since Celica's banner, where you got angry because it had three female characters and one female character, I've been starting to remember you as "that girl who hates girls", and it's getting annoying because it feels like every time I see you on a thread you're complaining about getting too many female character or something.

No. 

It's my biggest fear about this game that it is going to turn into another gacha game with just fanservice catering towards one kind. Until they prove otherwise, I repeat my fears as they come to me, because it's the first thing on my mind. 

I don't hate female characters, but I do hate inequality, and that's the reason I hated that banner. Not because it happened, as there's been way more male ghb's added, so it's fine, but just for what it might represent in terms of the special banners like this one. So yes, I'm complaining a lot. And I most likely will do so until the banners been released and confirmed that it is equal. If it isn't, then I will likely rant. But that's it. 

If, however, my fears are allayed, then I won't mention it again, even in future banners with more female characters (providing they're not special fanservicey ones). 

And I post a lot on here. Many haven't mentioned it at all. But, I keep hoping for suddenly that time that someone will post something to convince me it's not going to happen -.- Maybe I'm too used to forums where people can complain about things as they come to them, especially in a game they highly enjoy. So call me out all you like. Make me the new that person if you need to.

8 hours ago, Lushen said:

This did not happen....go back and look. Yes people are discussing what relationships were cannon and not cannon because we assumed the bride's would come with groom's.

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

OMG, r u people still discussing what's canon? Seriously move on.

All your ships are lies anyways.

This is really what gets the FE fandom mocked.

You see, Lushen, you might be one of the people that view this as an intellectual discussion.

You're not exactly the type of person that is commonly posting in this thread. Literally do a search for the word "canon". It's even more for the word "pairing".

For a simple "for fun" event for art, people are really taking it seriously.

People are looking for more meaning behind this event over alternate art.

Like seriously, they could have Excellus as a bride (which would obviously be a bad idea for sales) with Male Robin groom, and it would literally be as feasable as Lyn x Hector I keep seeing being justified using their games.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No. 

It's my biggest fear about this game that it is going to turn into another gacha game with just fanservice catering towards one kind. Until they prove otherwise, I repeat my fears as they come to me, because it's the first thing on my mind. 

I don't hate female characters, but I do hate inequality, and that's the reason I hated that banner. Not because it happened, as there's been way more male ghb's added, so it's fine, but just for what it might represent in terms of the special banners like this one. So yes, I'm complaining a lot. And I most likely will do so until the banners been released and confirmed that it is equal. If it isn't, then I will likely rant. But that's it. 

If, however, my fears are allayed, then I won't mention it again, even in future banners with more female characters (providing they're not special fanservicey ones). 

And I post a lot on here. Many haven't mentioned it at all. But, I keep hoping for suddenly that time that someone will post something to convince me it's not going to happen -.- Maybe I'm too used to forums where people can complain about things as they come to them, especially in a game they highly enjoy. So call me out all you like. Make me the new that person if you need to.

If you want to dislike that there are too many female characters, that's your prerogative. But you are going to annoy people who may not want to see your whining in most threads they go to. Honestly, you're sounding really inconsiderate over a fucking game. Ranting is fine, but you are doing it to the point where that is ALL I can remember you for. I'm asking you to tone it down because frankly, I currently find you unlikable and I'd like to not consider you unlikable.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you want to dislike that there are too many female characters, that's your prerogative. But you are going to annoy people who may not want to see your whining in most threads they go to. Honestly, you're sounding really inconsiderate over a fucking game. Ranting is fine, but you are doing it to the point where that is ALL I can remember you for. I'm asking you to tone it down because frankly, I currently find you unlikable and I'd like to not consider you unlikable.

If that's all you can remember me for, then fine. Feel free to ignore my other posts and find me unlikeable. I don't care how you view me, honestly. 

And, again, I'm not whining that there's too many female characters. As I said before, the only thing I am afraid of is that this particular banner will turn out to be fanservice only of a certain type, like so many other gacha games I've played. I mention it when it seems to pop up in conversation - like the last time was someone saying it was going to be four females and me again saying I really hope not. And the joke about the hissy-fit on general discussion. 

Honestly, if that's all you can remember me for, that's your problem. I've posted on lots of threads about countless things. You're focussing on the aspect you hate about my posts. So dislike me if you wish. I can live with that. If you want to like me, check out other places and times I've posted and see if I'm more likeable there. Now have a lovely day and please leave me alone ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No. 

You really are taking too much weight on the possibility that the fanservice is going to be tailored to the guys on a single banner.

Celica's banner has shifted the balance from being absolutely equal to a general gender ratio being followed.

Your expression of your fears are pretty much as dramatic localization drama over the skiniship feature in Fates long ago. As there are also other people like you that have played gacha games and not worried about implications as much as you are, you need to take a chill pill.

Edited by shadowofchaos

... You know what, I asked nicely. I asked you to stop, explained why I felt you were getting on my nerves, and then asked you to at least tone it down. Instead, you play the victim. You say that a person who has a problem with your post is the only one with a problem, instead of pausing to think if maybe you are getting on people's nerves. If this is the kind of person you are, a self-righteous person who thinks that their behavior is always right and anyone who has a problem with it is wrong, then you're the one with the problem. Not me. Have fun in the real world.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

You really are taking too much weight on the possibility that the fanservice is going to be tailored to the guys on a single banner.

Celica's banner has shifted the balance from being absolutely equal to a general gender ratio being followed.

Your expression of your fears are pretty much as dramatic localization drama over the skiniship feature in Fates long ago.

It means a lot to me, simply put. I don't want this game to turn out like that. I want to like it, not be frustrated by it. And I really don't want to skip another banner just through annoyance. I ended up skipping the Celica banner mostly because, in the end, all four colours were equally realised, so there was less joy hunt summoning. This one I will skip because I don't want to put in anything to fanservice catering towards guys again. And who says it will then be a single banner? If they do it on that banner and find it popular, who's to say it's not the next one. 

I honestly promise no more negativity towards it if this banner does turn out to be gender equal. But, if it doesn't... there probably won't be any more negativity because I probably won't be playing the games as much. I probably won't visit the forums so much. I play this game for the characters I like - more of which happen to be guys because that's what I personally play games for. Pretty guys make me happy ^.^ 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I honestly promise no more negativity towards it if this banner does turn out to be gender equal. But, if it doesn't... there probably won't be any more negativity because I probably won't be playing the games as much. I probably won't visit the forums so much. I play this game for the characters I like - more of which happen to be guys because that's what I personally play games for. Pretty guys make me happy ^.^ 

"I promise I won't complain anymore if they don't give me a reason to complain. Trust me. Only then will I stop complaining. For now I will keep complaining. And complaining. And complaining."

That's the implication you're saying.

I'm sorry to say... but that attitude is kind of... childish. You were pretty much arguing with Sunwoo over the fact that you won't like it if they had four brides. And suddenly saying "it'll be JUST like those gacha games I've played before. It's going to suck."

That is a huge jump.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... You know what, I asked nicely. I asked you to stop, explained why I felt you were getting on my nerves, and then asked you to at least tone it down. Instead, you play the victim. You say that a person who has a problem with your post is the only one with a problem, instead of pausing to think if maybe you are getting on people's nerves. If this is the kind of person you are, a self-righteous person who thinks that their behavior is always right and anyone who has a problem with it is wrong, then you're the one with the problem. Not me. Have fun in the real world.

It's gonna be ok, man. We're all a little on edge, and I, at least, sympathize with your position.

But, just remember this:

1. The other person's thoughts and opinions don't have any more impact on this game or this community than yours do. So don't freak out about their behavior.

2. Be more positive. If they're in the wrong, don't fly off the handle and give them an out, otherwise you will come off looking like the bad guy, and they will come off looking like the victim.

I think we're all way too on edge because of the hype. What will happen will happen. No one can control it.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

"I promise I won't complain anymore if they don't give me a reason to complain. Trust me. Only then will I stop complaining. For now I will keep complaining. And complaining. And complaining."

That's the implication you're saying.

I'm sorry to say... but that attitude is kind of... childish. You were pretty much arguing with Sunwoo over the fact that you won't like it if they had four brides. And suddenly saying "it'll be JUST like those gacha games I've played before. It's going to suck."

That is a huge jump.

Feel free to see me like that if you wish. I post a lot on here and it creeps in. I won't promise to tone something down that I don't feel I can. I don't feel I've mentioned it more than I should, even if they do, but I'm sure they can go back and do all the quotes, etc, etc. 

And yup, stop this from happening and I won't complain, because I will be happy with the game. I've posted many times, even in this thread, without mentioning it, but because I post a lot on the threads, it does creep in. Like I say, it's my biggest fear with the game, and I can't stop it bursting out. If they want to dislike me for it, fine. And I really won't like it if it has four brides. It will suck for me. Others may be happy, fair enough, but it'll be a huge disappointment, and one I just want them to confirm won't happen. But who knows, maybe they won't. I honestly don't know how I'll react if they do do four brides. I joked about a hissy-fit, but part of me feels I'll just slink away for a while and leave the game be until the next banner. Not sure yet. I won't know unless it happens. 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

And yup, stop this from happening and I won't complain, because I will be happy with the game. I've posted many times, even in this thread, without mentioning it, but because I post a lot on the threads, it does creep in. Like I say, it's my biggest fear with the game, and I can't stop it bursting out. If they want to dislike me for it, fine. And I really won't like it if it has four brides. It will suck for me. Others may be happy, fair enough, but it'll be a huge disappointment, and one I just want them to confirm won't happen. But who knows, maybe they won't. I honestly don't know how I'll react if they do do four brides. I joked about a hissy-fit, but part of me feels I'll just slink away for a while and leave the game be until the next banner. Not sure yet. I won't know unless it happens. 

You do realize you're essentially saying that you're going to rant in this thread about how bad it's going to be unless the game makes you happy and that Sunwoo was the problem for having a problem with you ranting *repeatedly* in this thread.

I'm trying to be nice pointing this out... but do you really see them reacting the way they did as being their fault?

There's a point where we understand your own opinions.

And there's a point where you're pretty much vocalizing your opinion repeatedly until everyone else hears it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

6 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

It's gonna be ok, man. We're all a little on edge, and I, at least, sympathize with your position.

But, just remember this:

1. The other person's thoughts and opinions don't have any more impact on this game or this community than yours do. So don't freak out about their behavior.

2. Be more positive. If they're in the wrong, don't fly off the handle and give them an out, otherwise you will come off looking like the bad guy, and they will come off looking like the victim.

I get what you're saying, but I hardly flew off the handle and I already have experience arguing with various types of people. I know what I'm getting myself into when I argue and I don't care what people think of me because if I have a point, then I have a point.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Feel free to see me like that if you wish. I post a lot on here and it creeps in. I won't promise to tone something down that I don't feel I can. I don't feel I've mentioned it more than I should, even if they do, but I'm sure they can go back and do all the quotes, etc, etc. 

Dude, it's gonna be ok.

1. No one's seeing you as anything except a slight (keyword: slight) jerk for making Sunwoo rage-quit over nothing.

2. There is no way this banner will be four brides. That is not going to happen, so there's no real reason to bring it up. There has NEVER been an all female banner in the entire history of this game, unless it was part of a voting gauntlet. So you are getting mad about something that is not going to happen.

3. Even if it does happen, there are PLENTY of Otome games out right now you can play. If you really do feel that this game is no fun, don't bother wasting time you could be spending having fun with it complaining about it. Just go have fun doing something else!

4. This Will Not Be An All Female Banner.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Uh... this whole thing basically is boiling down to "Stop saying how you feel, it annoys me/Like what I like and don't voice your dislike over stuff"

Which is pretty ironic considering a few pages ago a lot of you were saying "Don't take things too seriously, its just an event in a game"

Look how this escalated.

As for me, if there's no grooms I won't be interested unless its a female character I really like. 

2 minutes ago, Doof said:

Uh... this whole thing basically is boiling down to "Stop saying how you feel, it annoys me/Like what I like and don't voice your dislike over stuff"

Which is pretty ironic considering a few pages ago a lot of you were saying "Don't take things too seriously, its just an event in a game"

Look how this escalated.

Except that's completely false. People give a certain other frequent poster on the Heroes subforum for being overly negative the majority of the time when they post. Because overly negative people are a drag to be around and bring down the mood of the thread or the people around them.

People have the right to tell others to tone down their complaining when it's getting so frequent it's annoying. I also never said "like what I like" because I don't give a shit. Stop misrepping.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Doof said:

Look how this escalated.

As for me, if there's no grooms I won't be interested unless its a female character I really like. 

I know, right? Thank goodness you're here, mate. ;)

Like, this goes for everyone putting so much stock in this banner:

1. What is the significance of it to you?

2. What changes if you get the thing you like the most?

3. What changes if you don't get the thing you like most?

4. What changes if you get the thing you dislike the most?

Answer: We all just keep playing Heroes. And subjectively, it's going to be a good, mobile version of fire emblem. Regardless of your problems with pairings, brides, grooms, or gender ratios in banners.

3 minutes ago, Doof said:

Look how this escalated.

The way I see it, it's someone pointing out that someone is cluttering the thread with negativity over and over again.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Honestly I like it when there's banners I don't care about because then I get 9-15 free orbs where I can put towards saving for people I like down the line.

Orbs don't come cheap, man. Unless you're a whale I'd consider this a blessing. You get a lot better 5* percentages if you dump like 80 orbs on a banner you really love than just continually putting in 20-30 each time because of pity rates.

Edited by Thor Odinson