An idea pertaining to boon/bane

Big Smoke

A lot of people around have been suggesting/advocating for nature/boonbane rerolls on specific units. Many methods have been proposed, hero feathers, orbs, badges, but one kink still remains: Will IS implement a system like this?

My guess is no, considering it is a FTP game, and they make most of the money off of orb purchases because people want perfect units. If they took away the need to pull more units they'd in turn take in less revenue, meaning less money to spend on the game's development which means less high-quality updates for us. 

Therefore I propose this, a way to change natures on your favorite units without taking away from IS's revenue:

Say you have a Level 32+1 Roy. (Much like myself) His IVs are okay, but not what you want them to be for your build. Now let's say you pull another Roy, this time with better IVs (or at least IVs that are better for your build). Now here's where my idea comes in. By spending hero feathers (different amount depending on star rating. I'd say about 5000 for 5, 2500 for 4, 1250 for 3) to "merge" the unit's IVs, your 32+ Roy would receive the level 1 Roy's IVs, and the level 1 Roy would disappear. 

This seems like a more realistic implementation of IV changes, considering you still need to pull a clone in the first place. IS doesn't lose any potential $$$ and we spend less time grinding. Win/Win

If anyone has thoughts/comments/qualms I'd love to hear them :)

Edited by Big Smoke

3 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

A lot of people around have been suggesting/advocating for nature/boonbane rerolls on specific units. Many methods have been proposed, hero feathers, orbs, badges, but one kink still remains: Will IS implement a system like this?

My guess is no, considering it is a FTP game, and they make most of the money off of orb purchases because people want perfect units. If they took away the need to pull more units they'd in turn take in less revenue, meaning less money to spend on the game's development which means less high-quality updates for us. 

Therefore I propose this, a way to change natures on your favorite units without taking away from IS's revenue:

Say you have a Level 32+1 Roy. (Much like myself) His IVs are okay, but not what you want them to be for your build. Now let's say you pull another Roy, this time with better IVs (or at least IVs that are better for your build). Now here's where my idea comes in. By spending hero feathers (different amount depending on star rating. I'd say about 5000 for 5, 2500 for 4, 1250 for 3) to "merge" the unit's IVs. Your 32+ Roy would receive the level 1 Roy's IVs, and the level 1 Roy would disappear. 

This seems like a more realistic implementation of IV changes, considering you still need to pull a clone in the first place. IS doesn't lose any potential $$$ and we spend less time grinding. Win/Win

If anyone has thoughts/comments/qualms I'd love to hear them :)

Or you can just merge your two Roys with the one with the better nature as a base and re-earn the levels you lost. Exp is not exactly a scarce resource.

The thing is that unless you have insane amounts of money to blow on this game (more than even me), you aren't typically pulling for additional copies of a character just for a better nature once you've hit +10 unless that character happens to be a focus character at the time. With my amount of expenditures, I'll use the best one I get as the base, then merge into a new base only if I happen to get a better base sometime down the line. Being able to reroll won't impact my spending because I still have to pull 11 copies to get a +10 and I'll typically stop after that point and leave the rest to luck (unless it's a character I really want to optimize, and even then I still have to watch my wallet).

As Ice Dragon said, what you propose isn't that different from what you can already do in the game. I think feathers or badges would be worth spending on a nature reroll. Orbs are too precious a resource for something like that.