All Support Conversations *spoilers*

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gray and Clair's Supports were pretty nice

Really? That was one of my least favorite ones by far. I mean Gray says it the best himself: "So what, I'm next down on the list"? It doesn't paint a very good picture of either character.

Also, Kliff and Tobin's support reminds me a lot of Faye and Silque's. 

C - Go away

B - Go away

A - I guess we could talk more.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Luthier: "Young Lady, it is rude to ignore people." Delthea: :"No, it's rude to ignore NICE people. So you don't count." Me: "DAMN, DELTHEA! WHERE DID THAT SAVAGE ROAST COME FROM?!"

At least in Japanese, when Luthier gets a crit while Delthea is nearby, Delthea says "Wow! Were you always that strong?" She doesn't pull her punches.

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

I mean Gray says it the best himself: "So what, I'm next down on the list"?

I actually don't remember him saying that in Japanese, now that you mention it.

I'm confused as to why Kamui doesn't have a support with Jesse honestly, seeing how if Jesse dies Kamui founds Outer Heaven in his place.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually don't remember him saying that in Japanese, now that you mention it.

I just never liked their relationship in the first place, and their support does nothing to change that. Clair likes Alm, but Alm and Celica are destined to be together, so Clair settles with Gray - in the original they never talked to each other, and here they have a very boring support as the only basis for their relationship, and as flimsy as this sounds, I don't feel a connection betweeen them at all.

Also makes me wonder what the point of Faye was given that Clair already existed.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm confused as to why Kamui doesn't have a support with Jesse honestly, seeing how if Jesse dies Kamui founds Outer Heaven in his place.

Yeah, same here. He didn't need that support with Deen and should have talked to Kamui instead. Instead Kamui talks to Leon about the latter's ideal man...which we sort of see in his support with Valbar already.

Some odd decisions here for sure.

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

I just never liked their relationship in the first place, and their support does nothing to change that. Clair likes Alm, but Alm and Celica are destined to be together, so Clair settles with Gray - in the original they never talked to each other, and here they have a very boring support as the only basis for their relationship, and as flimsy as this sounds, I don't feel a connection betweeen them at all.

Also makes me wonder what the point of Faye was given that Clair already existed.

Yeah, same here. He didn't need that support with Deen and should have talked to Kamui instead. Instead Kamui talks to Leon about the latter's ideal man...which we sort of see in his support with Valbar already.

Some odd decisions here for sure.

I can see it. Their support isn't the most well-written of the bunch.

Jesse and Deen's support just sucks though. C to B is just Deen telling Jesse to shut up, and they only really talk in A. At least the A support gives a bit of insight, but like cmon.

I guess they wanted to keep a sort of support triangle going on with Valbar-Leo-Kamui, but Kamui should have gotten that support with Jesse for sure. How does he even get the exact same idea as Jesse then, without any interaction? Kamui never had plans or ambitions in his life.

The biggest thing I'm salty about is... no Alm and Celica convo (and by extension, cross-route supports). Like okay, gameplay wise it makes sense, but they put a postgame in, why not let the OTP talk? Silque and Jesse is another example; what's the point of that memory fragment if they don't interact anyway?

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Jesse and Deen's support just sucks though. C to B is just Deen telling Jesse to shut up, and they only really talk in A. At least the A support gives a bit of insight, but like cmon.

That's Kliff/Tobin and Faye/Silque as well. I'm not the biggest fan of them.

Just to make sure people don't think I'm hating for the sake of hating, I will once again mention how much I like Alm/Mycen and Clive/Mathilda.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I guess they wanted to keep a sort of support triangle going on with Valbar-Leo-Kamui, but Kamui should have gotten that support with Jesse for sure. How does he even get the exact same idea as Jesse then, without any interaction? Kamui never had plans or ambitions in his life.

Huh, that's a good question; I never thought about that. If Jesse dies, Kamui's the one making that mercenary kingdom, because apparently it just needs to be made no matter what. "Speaking off screen" is a bit of a weak excuse.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The biggest thing I'm salty about is... no Alm and Celica convo (and by extension, cross-route supports). Like okay, gameplay wise it makes sense, but they put a postgame in, why not let the OTP talk? Silque and Jesse is another example; what's the point of that memory fragment if they don't interact anyway?

Huh, didn't think about that actually. Maybe it's a result of making chapter 6 much later into development? It's a pretty weak excuse though; they should definitely be able to talk about something.

Jesse and Silque don't have a conversation but they do give each other support bonuses if memory serves. Too bad they can't talk though, because their memory is one of the best.

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Really? That was one of my least favorite ones by far. I mean Gray says it the best himself: "So what, I'm next down on the list"? It doesn't paint a very good picture of either character.

I think the reason i liked it was because, in context, there was actual time between each Support. If this was an Awakening or Fates Support, it would've been a different story. But because of how Echoes Supports work, Clair didn't just immediately move on to Gray after realizing she couldn't be with Alm. She actually gave it thought. It's not like Awakening or Fates' Supports where it feels like no time has passed between C and A (or S) Support.

I mean, yeah, it's not the best Support, but because there's an actual feeling of time passage between each one, it's more likable. I can apply the same to Kliff/Tobin, Faye/Silque, and Deen/Jesse though for different reasons. In Kliff an Tobin's case, those two have been friends since childhood, so it's likely that this sort of thing has happened before to them. Kliff also mentions how he has trouble being nice. In Faye and Slique's case, it seems to be a case of Faye, at first, not wanting to be friends with people outside her friend group. Because her interactions with the other Ram Villagers+the Easter Egg where Celica recruits Faye (and Kliff) show that Faye is good friends with them. And eventually, Faye becomes friends with Silque too. As for Deen and Jesse, Deen's just an edgelord. It makes sense why he doesn't want to talk to anyone.