Should I make Mozu a Dread Fighter?

Dread Fighter Mozu is a beast, and you should probably reclass her to it immediately. She might take a while to get up to a decent weapon rank, but that's about the only real drawback.

It helps to change Mozu's Class ASAP, as a villager she has poor stats/ growth rates. Making her a Dread Fighter as soon as you get her lets her gain good stats and weapon levels. The only skill you really need from the Villager class is Aptitude, there are much better skill options than Underdog.

Well, in Birthright, it doesn't matter too much, because there's a lot of flexibility to how you can grow your team, but for class diversity sake, it's best to make her a Dread Fighter, since you already get two units that start off as archers and one who starts in a class that branches from archer.

In Conquest, it's probably still for the best to switch her to Dread Fighter, because most DLC classes are useful and DF is better for her than archer is.  And it still adds class diversity, since there simply aren't any classes quite like DF.

Aside from generally helping her grow, it'll also help boost her effectiveness against magic units, since she'll have the highest resistance growth (and base stat) she can possibly have from a class she can get without supports.  And she'll have access to three weapon types right off the bat, one of which is pretty tactically useful.  She won't have access to S-rank weapons (or A-rank daggers and blunt weapons), but with the debuffs associated with higher level weapons, it's honestly better to use C-rank weaponry for the most part anyway.

If you find you need another bow user later on, you can always reclass her at any point as long as you still have Heart Seals.  And if you do reclass her from Dread Fighter to a different class, she will no longer require a Dread Scroll to change back; just give her a Heart Seal and she can go right back to being a Dread Fighter.

I have tried mozu as a dreadfighter, archer, and great lord, and I liked dread Fighter best in birthrighta, and dreadfighter or archer in conquest (although all physical classes exept for villager work well on her). In birthright, there are not many good ax users exept for dreadfighters. Another issue is the shortage of heart seals earlygame IIRC, you get 3-4 until you unlock the level 3 shops (although you can buy as many as you want by visiting the level 3 shops in other people's mycastles). In conquest, on the other hand, there is a lack of bow users. Pretty much the only one you get easily is niles (and he has issues). THere are other ways to fix this, but i think mozu does an exelent job as a bow user.

7 minutes ago, Not_The_NSA said:

No, you shouldn't waste a good item on a bad unit e.g Mozu and save it for a better unit instead.

I generaly found that I don't need both of my dread seals. Plus, mozu is really not that bad of a unit. SUre, she has a slow start, but DF's promoted base stats fix this, and archer's habbit of being earlygame chip anyway helps her too.

Yes. There is no unit that benefits from getting the Dread Scroll more then Mozu. 

Dreadfighter Mozu is the most busted unit in the entire game--she's so good she can trivialize a number of otherwise tricky chapters of Conquest on Lunatic.

promote her IMMEDIATELY upon recruitment and give her a bronze dagger, to start grinding up her knife rank.  Level her up as much as you can in her paraglouge, using dual strikes to feed her kills until she has enough strength to start downing baddies on her own.

She will very quickly catch up to the rest of your army after only a few level ups, then surpass everyone until your units start promoting. After which she'll still be one of your best units. As a dreadfighter she will gain tons of strength, speed, defense and res--the perfect stat spread--making her hard-hitting, dodgy, and tankish on both ends. (Give her a hunters knife and pair her with effie if you get around to playing conquest, and she can pretty much solo chapter 19)

And its even more disgusting how good she is on birthright, because its an easier game.  You don't NEED a unit that good to trivialize it.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Icing on the cake--whichever future child you make her the mother of will turn out amazing. 

...specifically for birthright...

Pair dreadfighter mozu with ryoma, for the silliest of tag-teams.

Enjoy that prince-meets-farmgirl love story. 

And then get ready for some next-level shit when you unlock their S-Support. Because Hollllllyyyyyyyyyy Crap; your Shiro is going to be a monster.   

Edited by Shoblongoo

Plus you can give Mozu the Raider Knife, Raider Axe, and Raider Katana and she can just devastate everyone.  I soloed the game with Mozu, Corrin, Kana (who was Mozu's child), and a random healer.  All three units were Dread Fighters.  Plus all three had the skill Aether.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:52 AM, MeddlingMage said:

all three had the skill Aether.

...oh god...

MODMERGE:

The most unintentionally hilarious moment in Fates is getting Dreadfighter Mozu to capped speed, 30 strength, 28 def, and 27 res before hitting her B support with an (underleveled) Silas.

Mozu: "Its pointless. I'll never be a great fighter like you. I'm not useful at all; maybe I should just go back to farming."

Silas Nonsense! You just need to change your attitude; if you train harder you'll be a great fighter! "lol stfu Mozu. You're stronger than Xander."

Edited by Specta