Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV collaboration with 7-Eleven

So since nobody made a post or topic about this, I'll do it!

7-Eleven has collabed with Fire Emblem Echoes and if you go to a 7-Eleven and connect to a hotspot, you can get the following items:

-Eleven Sword: a special sword with enhanced abilities, but only during 7 to 11 turns. You can only receive it once

-Eleven Shield: a special shield with enhanced abilities, but only during 7 to 11 turns. You can only receive it once

-Salad Chicken: a special dish that all characters will always find delicious. You can get it at random after getting the Eleven Sword and the Eleven Shield

-Urumochi Shokupan (bread): a special dish that all characters will always find delicious. You can get it at random after getting the Eleven Sword and the Eleven Shield

-Mille Crêpe (a crêpe with plenty of cream): a special dish that all characters will always find delicious. You can get it at random after getting the Eleven Sword and the Eleven Shield

- Age Niwatori Black (garlic-flavoured karaage, or fried chicken in English): a special dish that all characters will always find delicious. You can get it at random after getting the Eleven Sword and the Eleven Shield 

- Junsui Hachimitsu (honey): a special dish that all characters will always find delicious. You can get it at random after getting the Eleven Sword and the Eleven Shield

Source: http://gonintendo.com/stories/280208-japan-fire-emblem-echoes-gets-7-eleven-collaboration

Is this per save file or per cart? I will admit that i hate per save file dlc with limited distributions (ie. event pokemon). I can understand that pokemon does it to avoid players restarting for infinite celibis or whatever, but it's less justifiable for games that don't allow the player to trade. This is especialy true because the eleven shield actually looks really good.

Do you think there is a way to get those items without connecting to this hotspot ?

I know there is some ways to emulate a fake Nintendo Zone, but a fake 7-11 Wifi ?

4 minutes ago, Miatt said:

Do you think there is a way to get those items without connecting to this hotspot ?

I know there is some ways to emulate a fake Nintendo Zone, but a fake 7-11 Wifi ?

I haven't heard of a successful spoof. Apparently the 3DS has to connect to a private network.

If it was possible, it would've be done much earlier since 7-Spot has been used to distribute rare event Pokemon before.

Wait, so players have to go to the 7-Eleven store inorder to get those event DLC items similar to like how we usually get the Event Pokemons that gets obtained the DS and 3DS games when they were distributing for a limited time in GameStops? I think I did been to 7-Eleven before and it was a convinent store.

6 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, so players have to go to the 7-Eleven store inorder to get those event DLC items similar to like how we usually get the Event Pokemons that gets obtained the DS and 3DS games when they were distributing for a limited time in GameStops? I think I did been to 7-Eleven before and it was a convinent store.

Yeah, pretty much. At least you get around 2 months.

I think 7-Eleven is very big over in Japan. They've had numerous collaborations before, such as Pokemon, Animal Crossing and I'm tempted to say Monster Hunter. I bet that's not even half the list!

I don't think we'll need to go to a 7-Eleven to get these items. They'll probably just make it available to us via a free update.

The K.K. Slider Mii Swordfighter costume in Smash 4 was also part of a 7-Eleven collab, but for the West they just outright gave it to us, no visit to the store needed.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

fuckin

WHAT

How in the world is this a thing? Who okayed this? Is 7-Eleven really this big in Japan?

Screw this, I'm going to Circle K for the George Carlin DLC.

Edited by Slumber

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

fuckin

WHAT

How in the world is this a thing? Who okayed this?

Have you been under a rock? This stuff has been known since the initial leak/datamine.

7/11's big in Japan and a lot of other series have had cross-promotional events with it.

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

How in the world is this a thing? Who okayed this? Is 7-Eleven really this big in Japan?

Product placement like this is incredibly common in Japanese media. Persona 4 Dancing All Night had a collab with the Japanese convenience store chain Lawson, Code Geass was infamous for its blatant Pizza Hut advertisements (and they're far from the only anime Pizza Hut advertised in), Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society unveiled two new car models made by Nissan, Mario Kart 8 has Mercedes-Benz skin DLC, a ton of stuff in MGS Peace Walker was advertisements that had to be scrubbed in localization, etc.

36 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I don't think we'll need to go to a 7-Eleven to get these items. They'll probably just make it available to us via a free update.

The K.K. Slider Mii Swordfighter costume in Smash 4 was also part of a 7-Eleven collab, but for the West they just outright gave it to us, no visit to the store needed.

Or we just won't get it, like Filly in New Leaf or her 7-Eleven branded furniture in Happy Home Designer.

The weaponry is almost subtle independently, I guess, but not together and certainly not with those effects. The food is entirely unnecessary. I don't see this leaving Japan.

WHERE"S MY SLURPEE ITEM!!!

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Finally they announced it.

Too bad I'm nowhere near a 7-11. Guess I'll have to sneakily insert them in...

I think it's Japan only

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

WHERE"S MY SLURPEE ITEM!!!

I think it's Japan only

Yar, I know.

I should've made it clear that I meant a Japanese 7-Eleven I guess.

Actually, I don't think we even have 7-Eleven over here in the UK...

At the time of writing, it’s unclear if these items or a similar collaboration will be present in the Western release. Of course, we’ll let you know if we discover anything!

Can safely say the US version will not be getting this because it doesn't have the "Receive Data" option under Communication Settings (called Connect Settings here).

Well, I guess there could be an update to add that feature or they could just give it to us as DLC.

Edited by MrPerson0

Even if it were still in the game, it might simply be because dummying it out would take unnecessary work and risk fucking something up. Just removing the ability to access it, which has been implied with the above post, is probably a decent indicator of their plans for the content.