Cheesing CQ Lunatic?

shed

So after accidentally deleting my lunatic save on ch21, I quit for a few months in rage. However with the new game coming up, I want to finish the game just for completion's sake. I'm open to using all the path bonuses including dread fighter and dark flier and free dlc's (picked up witch from anna's gift), but wont be grinding. That being said, what corrin build would you recommend and how should I use the dlc classes?

With a +def nature on corrin and the defense boost from the dragonstone, corrin gets tons of bulk and can function as a tank. Which is the best way to go about cheesing the early game...specifically that first chapter of conquest route where you fight all the faceless in the woods.

Promote Mozu to Dreadfighter and Odin to Dread Flier to continue cheesing the early game. The early game actually becomes kind of a joke with those 2, tbh (the only noteworthy exception being the clusterfuck that is Chapter 10)

The next super-tricky chapter after 10 is the one where you fight all the faceless on the eternal staircase.

But this one is very cheesable. You can actually low-man with only 4 units: Xander , +def Corrin holding a dragonstone+, and 2 pair-up bots with high defense bonuses to support them (i.e. General Effie + a Great Knight)

Basically--since theres no magic users on that chapter...as long as all of your units have at least 44 defense, absolutely nothing can hurt you. And all you have to do is just slowly make your way to the exit.

...then of course the endgame where you invade hoshido and kill garon is still going to be a pain in the ass...no way around that.

..but yeah...really...other than chapter 10, lunatic conquest is entirely cheesable up until about chapter 23.

Also--after you clear chapter 10, you can get away with only using your maids as healbots.

At which point--if you're using DLC--reclassing Elise to witch and immediately putting that colossal magic and speed to work on offense becomes very, very viable.

Witch Elise is basically a superior Nyx. A very superior Nyx.

And a nuclear fuck-off warhead of magical destruction, WAY earlier in the game then you should have one.

Her base class is of course perfectly viable too. But there she tends to fall behind and promote late, because healbots get so little experience in this game. And then once you finally promote her she has a lot of catching up to do on levels + weapon rank for tomes.

...which is unfortunate...

Because as previously mentioned, an Elise that can effectively utilize her speed and magic on offense is a nuclear fuck-off warhead. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

With a +def nature on corrin and the defense boost from the dragonstone, corrin gets tons of bulk and can function as a tank. Which is the best way to go about cheesing the early game...specifically that first chapter of conquest route where you fight all the faceless in the woods.

Promote Mozu to Dreadfighter and Odin to Dread Flier to continue cheesing the early game. The early game actually becomes kind of a joke with those 2, tbh (the only noteworthy exception being the clusterfuck that is Chapter 10)

The next super-tricky chapter after 10 is the one where you fight all the faceless on the eternal staircase.

But this one is very cheesable. You can actually low-man with only 4 units: Xander , +def Corrin holding a dragonstone+, and 2 pair-up bots with high defense bonuses to support them (i.e. General Effie + a Great Knight)

Basically--since theres no magic users on that chapter...as long as all of your units have at least 44 defense, absolutely nothing can hurt you. And all you have to do is just slowly make your way to the exit.

...then of course the endgame where you invade hoshido and kill garon is still going to be a pain in the ass...no way around that.

..but yeah...really...other than chapter 10, lunatic conquest is entirely cheesable up until about chapter 23.

awesome, that's basically what I wanted to know, thank you very much. Im okay with not finding some way to trivialize the later chapters since that's about where my old save was anyways. 

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM, shed said:

So after accidentally deleting my lunatic save on ch21, I quit for a few months in rage. However with the new game coming up, I want to finish the game just for completion's sake. I'm open to using all the path bonuses including dread fighter and dark flier and free dlc's (picked up witch from anna's gift), but wont be grinding. That being said, what corrin build would you recommend and how should I use the dlc classes?

CQ lunatic cheese is vantage/heartseeker/damage stack sorc Odin/Ophelia and VoF MN Silias/sisterhood Soliel holding MU. Just walk forward and win.

Midgame wyvern!xander stacking talismans is also very strong.

Edited by joshcja

I'll echo 

17 hours ago, Not_The_NSA said:

+Str/-Lck Corrin with Dragon/Cavalier/Ninja or +Mag/-Lck Corrin with Dragon/Cavalier talent. Female Corrin marrying Jakob with Dragon talent makes Ch 10 easy because Jakob can go Paladin into Malig Knight. However, Male Corrin with Cavalier talent can marry Camilla and make a good Kana while being supported by Bow Knight Gunter.

Camilla is the best unit in Conquest; use her. Xander needs Charlotte or Selena pair-up bonuses and Speedwing investment, but he has high return. Gunter is great for supporting Corrin and he can pick-up Shelter, Rally Skill, and Rally Defense easily. Learn how to do the Shelter trick with Azura; a lot of chapters including Conquest Endgame falter to double dancing per turn.

If you're using DLC or gifts, give Corrin the Paragon scroll and Boots. Give the DLC seals to whoever you want to use, but I recommend giving Corrin a Dread Scroll so he can learn Aggressor.

Recommended pairings:

Corrin x Jakob, Felicia, Camilla, Silas, or Azura

Camilla x Niles, Arthur, or Keaton

Kaze x Beruka (Silas also helps out Kaze)

Leo x Bow Knight Nyx or Felicia (Niles and Swordmaster Odin also help in pair-up)

Xander x Charlotte or Selena

Arthur x Effie or Azura for easy Percy

Odin x Felicia or any girl for early Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate

Recommended kids: any kid who inherits Corrin or Camilla growths, Percy, Nina, Forrest, Dwyer, Sophie, and Shigure. If you don't mind a tedious paralogue, Siegbert is also good.

Oh, and Corrin with Samurai talent is awful and +Def Corrin is bad because enemies won't attack you. Finally, Ch 10 is easy to cheese, I've (and others have) already cheesed it using only  items that the game gives you.

Eternal Staircase is the easiest Conquest chapter in history. It's actually a prime chapter to build up support points and experience while +Magic Corrin casts Lightning on the Stoneborn. +Def Corrin is bad and Dragonstone is almost the worst weapon in the game. Ch 23 onward is also still easy to cheese, save 26 when it's a stat battle between Wary Fighter General units and their Beast Killers versus Corrin and friends.

^
Disagree with most of what this guy said, but I'll echo "give xander speedwings + a speed-boost granting pair-up partner."

And aside from making sure Xander has enough female action going on to grab a wife--I'd actually recommend using Kaze as Xander's go-to pair up bot. (They can A-Support)

Kaze he gives xander loads of speed + extra movement...enought to double and avoid getting doubled where it counts.

And if Xander ever gets in trouble with magic users, which hes prone to do, Kaze can tag in to do what Kaze does best and anti-mage them. (While Xander in turn can handle the beefy physical units that trouble kaze)

I don't know if you've every played competitive Pokemon but to use a a competitive Pokemon comparison: Xander/Kaze is bsically SkarmoBliss.   

They make a brutally effective team.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

56 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I don't know if you've every played competitive Pokemon but to use a a competitive Pokemon comparison: Xander/Kaze is bsically SkarmoBliss.   

Outside of stall, that core's hardly relevant these days; also, I oft see Blissey replaced with Chansey.