Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Localized Names Discovery Thread (redoing it)

Since the game is coming tomorrow outside of Japan besides China, I think we should help @VincentASM (Avyen Knight) pointing it out for some of the Localization Names for updating for the site content related for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and he will keep tracking it down in-case if makes any mistakes and I am working on the Name Chart for both Gaiden and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (I think it's around 50% or close) + maybe pin this thread so that everyone look at the thread and help contributing it until where done getting every names down. I did managed to find some new localized names that were leaked and did covered most of them from the English trailers and footages that we already saw. But, in-case if anyone wants to help out, I think we have about these things that it needed to be added and gets fixed in the site content, I don't think I have all the items listed down in the Items List as of right now and can some one who knows Japanese full well to help out list all the Kanjis and Romanjis down in the name chart + maybe put je2's and Artemis's fan patch names as well since I think there's some Gaiden players might get confused with the names as well:

And also, I just wondered about those what we should maybe move the 5 bosses from the Altar of Duma to the Enemies section since they were marked as classes, but managed to make them as actual enemy units instead.

Spoiler

Aurum (Bow Knight), Argentum (Bow Knight), Naberius (Dread Fighter), Cerberus (Dread Fighter), and Hades (Gold Knight)

Also, someone did pointed the link out there's a bunch of Localized Names that appeared in the Fire EMblem Wiki to be in the Name Chart for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, are some of them actually correct by the way? I don't know who got them, I think they might have got them from Linkmstr and @MrPerson0's videos or something else who data-mined the game?

Edited by King Marth 64

Someone should probably double check me, but

Spoiler

Alm's royal name in Japanese kanji is アルバイン・アルム・ルドルフ (Arubain Arumu Rudorufu)

Celica's royal name is アンテーゼ (Antēze)

Faye  エフィ

Conrad  コンラート (Conrāto)

Slayder スレイダー (Sureidā)

Dahha  ダッハ

Zakson ザクソン

Gahha ガッハ

Saizo サイゾー

Berkut ベルクト

Fernand フェルナン

Rinea リネア

The Creation 造られしもの

Actually is it okay for me or anyone else to just edit the page? Listing everything I know here would take forever.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Yeah, anyone can edit the tables as long as they have a wiki account. If you don't have one, I can hook you up.

BTW, I have the English text dump and I'm currently filling in the names right now.

35 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, anyone can edit the tables as long as they have a wiki account. If you don't have one, I can hook you up.

BTW, I have the English text dump and I'm currently filling in the names right now.

Nope, I don't have an account.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Skimmed over it, Rima the 4th is written as "Rima yonsei" instead of "shisei" in Romaji. Everything else looks fine.

Thanks.

I should've checked that one since it was at least easy to check.

I had to intelligently guess a lot of the more obscure items and skills. Because of that reason, I kinda gave up with the skills for now...

Edited by VincentASM

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Thanks.

I should've check; that one at least was pretty easy to check.

I had to intelligently guess some of the more obscure items and skills. Because of that reason, I kinda gave up with the skills for now...

Well, if you need a hand, I'm willing to help.

First, a minor correction; "Arcanist" doesn't have an "h" in it. It's not "Archanist", just "Arcanist".

Now...

• Liprica and Massena's names are unchanged, I believe.
  • Hark is now Halcyon.
  • Mikhail's name is indeed officially translated as that.
  • Saizo is now Xaizor.
  • Garcie is Garcia, name overlap and all.
  • Jamil retains that name in English.
  • Jerome is still Jerome. With a J. Not to be confused with a certain Wyvern Rider.
  • Magnum is now Magnus.
  • Meular has been translated very sensibly as Mueller.

As for locations:

• Rigel Village is Rigelian Village.
  • Fear Shrine is now Fear Mountain Shrine.
  • The Swamp Graveyard is called Mire Boneyard.
  • The Lost Woods are now called the Lost Treescape.
  • The Sage Village reuses the Sage's Hamlet translation from Awakening.

And now items!

• Alm's first personal sword is called the Royal Sword.
  • A surprise to absolutely no one, the Steel Shield is indeed just that.
  • The draconic shield item uses the current Dracoshield name translation.
  • Angel Ring is the official localized name for that item.
  • Cherish Doll is now Handmade Doll.
  • Dragon Scales are now just one singular Dragon Scale.
  • The Wooden Bear is now called the Bear Carving.
  • Stun Claws are now Numbing Claws.

I only just notice Zeke is Ezekiel, but everyone (and the game) calls him by his nickname "Zeke" anyway.

Kinda makes my head hurt TBH, but I suppose Ezekiel is a better name for a general.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Just a question relating to a term in general in an ending.

I saw "Saint King" in English.

Now, they can't have forgotten their localization of "Seiou" have they?

Yar, consistency isn't really their forte it seems.

It was Exalted King in the Awakening DLC, but I suppose that could be non-canon.

I mean, they're definitely not shy about renaming stuff that already had decent English names like Dracozombie to Necrodragon.

Also, while the Lightning Sword technically is a different weapon, I'm really surprised they didn't fuse it with the Levin Sword. The two even look the same, pretty much.

Surprised nobody's mentioned this yet. According to the shop descriptions:

• Geirolul - Skogul
  • Spartan - Spartan
  • Mach - Harrier
  • Morgana - Enchantress
  • Titania - Exemplar
  • Yaksha - Yasha
  • Elephant - Oliphantier
  • Solomon - Guru
  • Maeve - Rigain
  • Overlord - Conqueror

get out those thesauri

Yep. Those line up with what is said in the game.

New Overclass skills (parenthesis has Serenesforest's Japanese translation):

(Phalanx) Phalanx - Def/2 chance of blocking. Adj. allies multiply odds.

(Barrier) Ward - Raises an adjacent ally's Res for one turn. HP Cost: 12, Range: 1

(Restore) Restore - Removes ailments from allies in range. HP Cost: 12, Range: 1 - Atk/4

(Exorcising Venom) Tri-affliction - Has a Skill/2 chance of inflicting ailments with hits.

(Bowrange +3) Bowrange +3 - Increases bow range by 3.

(Lemegeton) Lemegeton - Summons illusory magic soldiers. (Eight max) HP Cost: 12

Edited by MrPerson0

Ok, I managed to get all the localized names down from Topaz Light, Iridium, and MrPerson0 pointed it out. And also, I managed to found a YouTube video showed the localized name of what Empreror Rudolf reveals Alm's birth name really is in Act 4:

Spoiler

Albein Alm Rudolf

Source:

Edited by King Marth 64