I love the dialog already

This game has pretty great writing and i've already chuckled a few times especially at Gray. 

"or maybe, The Tale of Gray! Plus that One Guy"

Yeah so far the combo of Gray and Tobin for Alm and Mae/Boey for Celica bring in a feeling of Companions or best friends acting like friends and teasing the other, it's pretty funny

Gray certainty has plenty of Funny moments so far, and I'm only done part one, and beginning pt 2

I'm not sure if it's the because of the quality voice acting, but this has some of my favorite characters interactions in the series.

It's making me appreciate smaller casts. Characters like Tobin and Boey frequently pop up to talk about stuff in the main quest.

This whole game has me feeling weird. I am plowing through the game(Mid-way through act 3) to see more character interactions, and not so much to see new enemies or play through more maps. I kind of expected this, but I didn't expect the characters and dialog to hook me so much.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, escotanner said:

I love the dialog already as well. It gave birth to a meme: #ShutUpTobin

I in fact used that as a news article thumbnail because I felt it'd be memeic, and I guess I was right haha.

The dialogue is hilarious. I wonder how much is localization and if the original had a stiffer tone. Alm examining objects is also extremely fun, he reminds me of Phoenix Wright with some of his comments.

54 minutes ago, Iris said:

Alm examining objects is also extremely fun

I interacted with a sunset and his comment began with "Hello Mr. Sun."

This cinnamon roll is too pure for this sinful earth.

1 hour ago, Iris said:

The dialogue is hilarious. I wonder how much is localization and if the original had a stiffer tone. Alm examining objects is also extremely fun, he reminds me of Phoenix Wright with some of his comments.

i can already picture gray and tobin arguing about stepladders

8 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I interacted with a sunset and his comment began with "Hello Mr. Sun."

This cinnamon roll is too pure for this sinful earth.

Spoiler

38o2QSG.png

what a good boy

Edited by unique

2 hours ago, unique said:

i can already picture gray and tobin arguing about stepladders

Hide contents

38o2QSG.png

what a good boy

Examine the throne in the castle, and the shark in a pirates den as Celica. 

You won't regret it.

Edited by Jedi

Kamui is SoCal for some reason, everything else is top notch, but the obvious asian dude being... SoCal is offputting...

MXcNHhA.jpg

This game is made for me.

I also love how this dialogue is, quite literally, tucked away in a corner.

Its like finding a secret where the reward is loving this game more.

also that alm is saying this to himself which i relate to

Edited by Emerson

Still in the early part of Chapter 1 (just recruited Slique), but I'm loving the dialogue. It made me laugh a few times and succeeded in making me care about the characters.

I've put about two hours into this (rescued Silque and lost myself on a side quest detour) but I have to agree, the dialogue is simply amazing. And made even better by the full voice acting. I almost had a heart attack when NPC villagers started talking at me :P: 

Based on first impressions alone, SoV is shaping up to be my favorite or second favorite FE! Though I'll want to wait until I actually finish the game and let the new game feels tone down before saying for sure

3 hours ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Kamui is SoCal for some reason, everything else is top notch, but the obvious asian dude being... SoCal is offputting...

You obviously have never been to SoCal. 

There are skateboarding samurai everywhere. 

Edited by Slumber

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

You obviously have never been to SoCal. 

There are skateboarding samurai everywhere. 

I didn't sleep well last night, but seeing this made me smile.

I've said it before,but the idea of Leon worried me, since I don't get on with the 'camp' types in games... but he's done so brilliantly, I adore him. 

The rest are just amazing, too. The voice acting is so good and the little interactions are great. I've found myself laughing at many of them - although I do greedily wish for more support conversations. I'd love to see Clair and Clive actually interact more than the initial, for instance, and some characters could do with a little more. 

Other than that, really enjoying it. Saber's become one of my favourites just on his voice alone!