Thoughts and opinions on Mila's Turnwheel?

I don't think there's been a topic on this, so please forgive me if there is.

I can see it being easily abusable if you use it a lot, but otherwise, I quite like it.

I've used it a few times to get myself out of really BS situations, such as Kamui getting crit and dying to the boss in Chapter 2, and helping myself escape from the rare encounter in the first cave, when I went back at the beginning of chapter 3 to do a sidequest.

So yea, I think it's pretty neat and helps mitigate really unfortunate situations, and think it can be nice, if a little abusable, for other things.

What are your thoughts on it?

It's a nice way to "reset" an encounter or a bad play instead of plain out restarting the entire game (or chapter) over again. The most mileage I got out of it is when facing the optional Necrodragons on Celica's route as they have insane Movement and deal tons of damage. (I made the mistake of fielding everyone, should've took the hint and left some people on the boat.)

I like it and would not mind seeing a similar mechanic return to future titles. Sure, it may make classic mode a "little easier," but ironman enthusiasts can easily get by without using it whatsoever. I personally like the option, since I tend to reset anyway as soon as someone dies or if I do not get the best outcome (such as having an NPC die).

I use it to reset misses mostly or unfortunate turns I didn't plan out right. 

Its a neat little mechanic and I wouldn't mind seeing it return.

It's saved me from having to reset more than once, and it's really handy for fixing every kind of error without having to restart the entire chapter, so I like it and I'd be okay if a similar mechanic returned in other games. If it does return for other games I would like it to remain something of limited use that you can get more uses out of as you progress through the game.

I really think it's better than Pheonix mode, it's faster than resets and it adds more fun to the game. GG Intelligent Systems.

The idea is good, but the amount of uses you can get is ridiculous, and Cogs are not even hard to find. Im starting chapter4 and i have 6 uses per battle, thats plain out too much given battles are pretty short anyway in this game.

Its a good idea but really they should nerf down its uses

The idea is good, but the amount of uses you can get is ridiculous, and Cogs are not even hard to find. Im starting chapter4 and i have 6 uses per battle, thats plain out too much given battles are pretty short anyway in this game.

I love it and adore it and I never want it to leave. I've only used it once thus far, but it was a time where no one would hit a needed enemy and then everyone hit one of my units. Now instead of redoing the entire map hoping for the best I can just undo the last turn and change up my offensive plan to a defensive one.

But there are just so many times in other games (that i'm sure will crop up here), where i accidentally end someone's turn, or do an attack when i was just running the numbers, or wasn't sure if a plan would work out where i'm just throwing myself off a cliff hoping someone hits on an 30 minute to an hour long map and i would have loved the ability to rewind a turn or three rather than restarting the entire map over 

36 minutes ago, Avi448 said:

I think they balanced the amount of uses the Turnwheel gets around dungeons. Unlike in regular battles, Turnwheel uses do not replenish in dungeons until you leave or if you offer some form of alcohol to a Mila Shrine.

I've tried using the Turnwheel to rig the RNG before, but it seems that it doesn't actually cause a true reroll; "high" RNG will still result in high, and same for low RNG, from what I've garnered. Also, it can't reroll growths.

I managed to use the Turnwheel to avoid enemy criticals or player hits, so I'd say the game did generate new random numbers.

Growths are fixed the moment you enter a battle. I avoided bad level ups by not levelling up the affected units for that battle, and wait until the next battle. Because of this, I often end up with a lot of units with 99 experience points.

2 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

I managed to use the Turnwheel to avoid enemy criticals or player hits, so I'd say the game did generate new random numbers.

Growths are fixed the moment you enter a battle. I avoided bad level ups by not levelling up the affected units for that battle, and wait until the next battle. Because of this, I often end up with a lot of units with 99 experience points.

I've tried to do things like resetting a 90 hit rate that missed, and after five tries, that 90 missed every time. I've also tried to rig 43% crits, and it didn't work either. I don't think it's just bad luck either, since I've attempted these multiple times.

I can't remember if soft resetting a chapter also changed growths; I remember getting different level ups every time I had to reset a chapter.

Probably related to mode? Pretty sure RNGs are the same on Hard 

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think they balanced the amount of uses the Turnwheel gets around dungeons. Unlike in regular battles, Turnwheel uses do not replenish in dungeons until you leave or if you offer some form of alcohol to a Mila Shrine.

I've tried using the Turnwheel to rig the RNG before, but it seems that it doesn't actually cause a true reroll; "high" RNG will still result in high, and same for low RNG, from what I've garnered. Also, it can't reroll growths.

Dungeons are pretty short and basic anyway save for the very last ones

It makes the RNG on 50 Turn maps less ridiculously frustrating. On the map where you fight Sonya, if you don't move right a witch might teleport and instakill you, and there's also a castle map with about 10 archers who really mess things up on turn 20 or so and the map takes forever to beat on classic/deathless.

Finally a thing that defies RNG, it saved my back a lot of times against RNG's stupid nature (Missing a hit with 88% or getting a enemy crit with 5%) Its a lot better than Pheonix mode and let you fix accidental mistakes (pressing wait instead of Attack, or letting your Cleric in enemy range) defitnely my favorite feature in Echoes.