Preserving Good Weapons

Allan's Aokage

I assume most people here preserve their best weapons and don't seek to instantly use, say, a Silver Blade (which can be obtained in chapter 15 of PoR) or the Uber Spear immediately. Do you place it in your storage until late in the game, then pull it out and use it?

I preserve my weapons a little too much at times - indeed, sometimes I don't ever use the better weapons (I intended to give Oswin the U-Spear. Ended up not using it at all). Does anyone else have this problem, assuming we all use these 'better weapons' and preserve them?

I have a habit of just storing the "good" weapons (i.e. everything that isn't basic) and never using them. When I don't have enough room in my storage, I sell such items to buy more basic weapons.

I don't have a particular reason why I do that, but it is my style of play. I do use the "good" weapons once in a while when I'm in an emergency (so to speak), or if I'm in a hurry, but that rarely happens. The only time when I will ever use them en masse is when I get to the final chapter with the Black Fang morphs.

Edited by Once

I use weak weapons mostly and leave stronger weapons for when I know I'll need them. Saves money that way.

My motto when it comes to this "If the dinky Iron sword can kill him, have the dinky Iron Sword kill him."

I use weak weapons mostly and leave stronger weapons for when I know I'll need them. Saves money that way.

My motto when it comes to this "If the dinky Iron sword can kill him, have the dinky Iron Sword kill him."

AMEN TO THAT!!!

*ahem*

I generally do the same, but when I do want to use a weapon, I often forget to get it from storage.

Couple of which I don't forget about are short bows, steel lances, and the devil axe in FE VII. That's basically all I can think of now.

Edited by Little Al

Its called the weapon repair shop. Try accessing it next time you enter a castle. If you're in the main castle, go to the town first.

You rock. :P

It depends really. I always use things like the Hatchet or Rapier, or whatever fairly liberally. I use a strong weapon to improve a weaker character so that they can become stronger, etc.

Let's say a guy has 20 health. Iron sword hits him for 10 and you attack twice. I'm just going to use the Iron Sword because a Silver Sword isn't going to one-shot it so why waste the more expensive weapon?

Let's say same bad guy but we're more powerful now. Iron sword hits twice for 16 damage per. I'm going to whop out the Silver Sword now because it will take him out in one shot and I don't risk a counter-attack.

That said, I don't really hold on to weapons so much as never find a significant use for the types beyond, say, Steel. Most the time it's enough to do the job and wielding a more powerful, expensive weapon won't do anything but cost me money.

I only preserve a weapon if it's absolutely necessary (For ranked playthroughs and to access chapter 23 in FE6... stuff like that).

Otherwise, I use any weapon whenever the hell I feel like it. What good's a weapon if it serves no purpose?

qft

I use my w1n weapons all the time. And by "all the time", I mean whenever it helps. If a steel lance is enough to kill it, then of course I won't use a brave lance. But if I can't kill it with the steel lance or only have a 60% chance of killing it with the steel greatlance or just don't want to eat a counterattack, I'll use the brave lance.

qft

I use my w1n weapons all the time. And by "all the time", I mean whenever it helps. If a steel lance is enough to kill it, then of course I won't use a brave lance. But if I can't kill it with the steel lance or only have a 60% chance of killing it with the steel greatlance or just don't want to eat a counterattack, I'll use the brave lance.

This. I always have my stronger weapons with me for if I need them, while I also have weaker weapons with me for if I don't need a stronger.

I used to run through each game using only Iron weapons and the like, saving everything else for that special rainy day (Seisen [FE4], of course, is left out of this trend, as is Gaiden [FE2]). Of course, as I neared the end of my game, I ended up having far too great a loot to pick through. After a few years of playing like that, I ended up just using whatever, and stopped caring so much about weapons at all--so now, I always seem to have an overshot of supplies lying around, no matter what I use >.<

I preserve mine all the time; usually the S rankers until the endgame, or the map before. In FE10, I had to learn to actually use the Silencer since you get a second one. I always thought that bow was overkill. I also tend to preserve the braves. Instead, I'll just forge silvers. XD

However, I use the stat boosters immiediently; or assign them for specific charries. (Speedwings=Micaiah/General.)

I generally give each character two weapons. An Iron Weapon for standard fights and a better weapon for more stubborn opponents. It's kind of a waste to use up a use on a Killing Edge to do 1 HP of damage, I won't bother to waste a use on the Rapier on a non-mounted/knight unit if I can avoid it.

Ettard (US-FE10) never got used because... well, Ike was too good as it was... Otherwise I generally break most of my effective weapons eventually.