I don't know if this has been tried before, but I want to try and make an FE7 ROM hack (or fan game) based on the events of the Scouring, and the origin of the eight legends, or perhaps just allies of the eight legends (if the legends seem a bit to OP to make a game with). There's a decent amount of backstory to work with, but there is also a nice gap for creative liberties, and original story. 

My Skills are:

* Portrait Splicing

* Nightmare editing of unit stats, starting items, etc.

* Menu text editing of descriptions, names, and the like.

I have only really worked on one project before, the Binding Blade Canonization Patch, so I am kind of limited in experience.

Skilled persons I will most likely require for the project:

* Those with a decent to excellent grasp of event editing

* Those with a decent to excellent grasp of how and where the game stores code, offsets, etc. Especially with Feditor, Eventiel, etc. This job may consist of inserting the script into the game properly, bug fixing, and troubleshooting.

* An editor or co-writer for the script

* Map maker to design maps, and enemy placement, supervisor of most gameplay related subjects

* Other positions are most likely available besides these examples, I will consider all applications.

I really hope this project amounts to something, but I can't do it without some of the talented people in our community. Thanks in advance, and have fun playing Fire Emblem!

The basic idea has a particular sticking point story wise that I think you'd want to get around before anything else--

based on the events of the Scouring, and the origin of the eight legends,

The Scouring is "humanity is losing, but the eight legends and their weapons cause a calamity that changes the environment of the planet, making it toxic to dragons in their native form, enabling the legends to rip through the Dragons."
That's not going to be good gameplay-- even if you can succeed at setting all the moods you want to with the writing and how the game flows, it'd still mostly fail as a tactical engagement or be incredibly difficult (and then a cakewalk).

(if the legends seem a bit to OP to make a game with).

Though this indicates you've thought about it some more than quite a few others, so yay!

perhaps just allies of the eight legends

I think this has the most merit. Instead of telling the story we know, tell the one we don't. FE5 is a deeply personal story and it encompasses a very small sequence of events in FE4, but we see them in a hugely different light because of the perspective of Leif instead of Seliph.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:36 PM, PikmTheHero said:

* An editor or co-writer for the script

I happen to be a decent writer and passable editor. I've written for romhacks before, so I've got a bit of experience with this stuff, and I love the idea of expounding upon lore. Fire me a PM if you'd like my help.

I think the early game should be about building up enough power to take down dragons well mainly fighting drakes and wyverns but not actual dragons till later in the game. Maybe there could be a chapter much like the one in the tellius games where you have to avoid the Black Knight.

• 4 weeks later...

Just throwing this out there, because this lore actually ties in heavily with my own hack (but it's not a prequel) but just to focus on gameplay....if you made the stry centered around them all getting their weapons, maybe one massive fight against dragons...and then abruptly changing sides and seeing things through the eyes of escaping dragonkin and the eight legends all coming to terms with what they've done in their own ways....could make for a good game. Definitely a nice story. But the difficulty would be the thing. Going from the underdogs to champions, and then immediately switching to the new underdogs could be a nice twist.

Sorry if this is necroposting.