How would imagine Fire Emblem would look like in the Switch?

Would you predict it to look like something akin to the Tellius games where maps and sprites are in full 3D? Or something reminscent of the 3DS era where it is a mix of 3D graphics and pixels? 

Stylized 3D, whether it be cel-shading or something similar. 

Regular 3D would be fine, too. PoR and RD don't look bad by any means, outside of the map sprites being a bit low poly. 

Edited by Slumber

While the Switch isn't a powerhouse, it's still capable of quite a bit more than the Wii and the 3DS; I believe they'll take full advantage of that and go for 3D models and make a comparatively flashy game. 

They've got 3D battle scenes on lockdown between the flashy effects of Fates and the fluid, martial realism of Echoes. Plus interviews pertaining to Fates's My Castle and the cancelled Wii title suggest IS really wants to do 3D rendered battlegrounds as well. My money's on the Tellius style of doing things. Though the move away from retro styled sprites may indeed be hard. Even I get a bit sentimental seeing some of them.

Take the style of the anime-ish cut scenes in Awakening and Fates, but make the entire game look like that. High-def, detailed character models with a wide range of animations. Fully 3D (I actually prefer 2D pixel art or hand-drawn visuals in my games over 3D, but let's face it, FE is all aboard the 3D train, like most games today), both in character models and map rendering, even outside of battle sequences. 

If they keep to that style and make it consistent across the board, FE Switch will at least look amazing, no matter how the rest of the game is in quality. 

For the maps themselves, I think the devs will make very detailed 3d environments that are noticeably higher quality than the 3ds and console games. That being said, I think they'll elect to go for a more colorful and anime-like artstyle present in the 3ds games rather than the very realistic graphical style of the telius games. The developers will most likely still use sprites for maps rather than 3d models, though the sprites will probably be less pixelated and have more detail compared to the 3ds games. The developers might elect to give the sprites map battle animations like in the tellius and SNES games, but based on what they've done for the last 5 fire emblem games, I highly doubt they will do this.

For the actual on map battles, I think the game's character models will have definite improvements over the 3ds games (so things like mouths no longer look plastered on to the character's faces) but the models will still be rough around the edges and have clear issues. Since this is the first Fire Emblem game on an HD system, some of the problems present in the earlier 3ds games might still be present in this game (things like pop-in, models clipping with the ground, and the game showing only one location of the map rather than different parts of the map). 3d model animations will probably be around SoV quality, but I might be mistaken.

Support conversations and story cutscenes will probably the SoV trend and just using character portraits in tandem with 3d backgrounds, with 3d models only being used at important moments in the story. Not sure what artist they'll use. 

Cutscenes are probably going to look a million times better than the 3ds games since the game is on an HD system. I think they'll elect to use the awakening / fates style of cutscenes over the SoV style.

I imagine the Fire Emblem Switch game would look more similar to Radiant Dawn except even better. This is the Switch we're talking about after all and I imagine it is capable of a LOT more than what the wii was. With that comes an even bigger game with better graphics, superb animations and incredible music.