FE7 Text Hacking Help pleaseSolved

SakuraBlossom1

Hello ^-^ I'm new here so bare with me if I make any mistakes. Before I explain the problem I just wanted to add that I read the rules and I looked very hard to put this post in the right place. I saw what looked like new post on this forum so I figured it was safe to post my problem here. Anyhoo to my problem which makes me want to throw my laptop in anger off my balcony. I've been hacking Fire Emblem Blazing Sword to make it the way I want it. Everything is going fine except for the text editing .I read the ultimate tutorial by Blazer, watched countless videos and read tons of threads. So I'm not just going blank into this. I have all of the required tools FEeditor,nightmare,Nups,Evential,EventAssembler,HexEditor  etc. I have absolutely no problem with any right now except for one program and that is FEeditor. I can not get it to work with me. Everytime I changed one tiny little word the whole entire game would freeze and not work at all. Then I learned that when using a clean fresh rom that has never been text edited you must open it save it on gba emulator, and then open FEeditor open the rom in the program don't do anything in the program just save the rom close it following with the program then play rom. After that you were free to edit texts all you want. This did not work for me the words would be haywire everywhere in the game then freeze. Every script I tried to alter I made sure it was within the character limit, and then I would apply and save rom constantly. I also tried telling FEeditor to save the stuff to 00D0000-00E0000 and then I actually one time got it to work, but I found typos and grammar mistakes so I went to edit them in FEeditor. The background picture was a tiny bit distorted to but I don't really care about that. It did not work after that one time. Right now I am trying to make a script on text  0815 but FEeditor keeps switching the place of the script to 00001. So where Yes[.][X] is supposed to be it will put my whole entire script on where only the word yes should be and messes up my entire rom. I always put apply after every sentence and I put replace all as well. Only when I press save it switches my script from text 0815 to 0001. Why is this stupid thing switching my script to the very first part of the game? How can I make it stop? Thank you for reading and sorry for the long post I just needed to put everything in detail so you know everything and know exactly what to tell me.

Edited by SakuraBlossom1

What kind of ROM are you using? FEditor expects a (U) ROM. We typically use the Venom dump.
As for editing the script, I usually:
- open the ROM in FEditor
- save
- reopen the ROM
- go to the text editor and press dump
- save the file, then open in a text edtior
- make my changes
- go back to FEditor and press the Insert button and select the script
- after it's done I press apply and then save.

If this doesn't work on a fresh ROM I'm not sure what to tell you.

This is the full name of my clean ROM 1235 - Fire Emblem (U)(Venom).As you can see it is U and venom. Thank you so much for responding to my post :D:, I will try what you said to do and I'll let you know what happens. If anybody else has any advice or tips please do comment thank you.

Primefusion Just wanted to let you know I took your advice and the text edit is working perfectly now. I can edit any text I want with out any problems. It did freeze the first time I opened the rom with the hack but after that one time it worked fine. The background picture wasn't distorted either. I'm very happy with these results. I hope it stays this way so far so good. If I have any more problems I'll be sure to post but for now this problem has been solved yay. \(^o^)/

• 1 month later...

I am having problem with text editing...here the example of my problem(check the photo of the game):

BUT the text I insert is this(check photo last photo and first photo, I believe that is the chronological order according to the system XD)

I did try Tex1, 0x815, Text(0815), Text 0815 In the event assembler, but nothing change/problem is still the same. but I believe the problem has something to do with Opening_Event or the Text in the FEditor.

(Fire Emblem (U) Venom) 

2.png

no.3.png

1.png

Edited by KeanuB

6 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

0815 is decimal. to make it be hex, use 0x815.

I tried to change it, but this what appeared (it keep scrolling/flooding the upperleft, check the image).

lloydy.png

11 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

uhhh, i dont know what would be causing this, try closing your rom in feditor, reopening it, and resaving it maybe?

Have you check my FEditor text edtior? I dont know what is wrong with my conversation/dialog, maybe there is something wrong with the FEditor text editor not the Event assembler. Im not sure too if that is right,

I will try other too aside from venom, I download FE(U)(!) so I can try it the other you think it is ok too?

Edited by KeanuB

13 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

uhhh, i dont know what would be causing this, try closing your rom in feditor, reopening it, and resaving it maybe?

I REALLY Should learn WHEN to use "[.]" "[A]" "[.][A]" 

Yep...that dude with a collar saying "You have one job, programmer, because you forgot to edit the color" is my original work. 

THANKS FOR HELP! 

sh.png

Edited by KeanuB