Favorite and Least Favorite Characters So Far

Some of my favorites and least favorites have shifted from Gaiden due to SoV..  I do have a lot more favorites than least favorites though.

Favorites:

Spoiler

Sonya: She was my favorite in Gaiden and continues to be in SoV.  More dialogue and backstory for her definitely makes me like her more and her support with Genny is really nice.

Kamui: A character who I actually didn't care about much in Gaiden, but SoV definitely gave him more personality.  His new design is great and he's a character that I generally like because of his personality.  Plus, he's my hard hitter in Celica's party and has been really reliable.

Python: Another character I didn't pay much attention to in Gaiden, but in SoV he's awesome for me.  Really powerful, crits a lot, and his personality is among my favorites in the whole series.  His friendship with Forsyth makes me laugh too.  Oh, and who can forget, "Lukas, you ginger stud."

Palla: I've liked Palla ever since Shadow Dragon, so liking her in SoV isn't much of a deviation for me.  I really like her personality and the extra dialogue makes me like her more.

Celica: Liked her in Gaiden, like her here.  Overall, she's been really good for me and the fact that her level ups in my playthrough were good boosted my fondness for her.

Rinea: Despite not being playable, I looooooove Rinea's design and overall character, with what little we've seen of it.  

Delthea: She's such a little shit, but that's why I like her.  She's also really strong and is such a power hitter.

Lukas: This tank is awesome.  I did like him in Gaiden, and using him again in SoV reminded me just how great of a unit he is.  I like his personality also, that calm demeanor around such interesting characters makes me smile.

Mathilda: She in every way outclassed her love.  Her stats were better and she was more reliable.

Mae: Her personality is my overall favorite.  The way her and Boey play off of each other is funny most of the time.  And I love that when you pick her she'll sometimes say, "I'm still hyper.  Let's go!"  Her voice actress nailed her personality.

Least Favorites:

Spoiler

Valbar: I like his design and personality, but he failed to be anything of use for Celica's team.  Even after class changing him to Baron he wasn't all that useful and it's a shame too..

Faye: I'm just someone who doesn't like characters that obsess over someone, in this case Faye obsessing over Alm.  She kind of redeems herself for me in her A support with Alm, but overall I'm sick of hearing her talk about Alm.  God even in her ending too..

Clive: Sorry previous Deliverance leader, you were just such a terrible unit for me that I didn't pay attention to you much due to it.  I was also kinda sick of the female NPCs fawning over him.

Est: I've just never really liked Est..  She's such a bitch to Abel..  But in SoV she wasn't very useful in any circumstance which really sucked because I wanted to give her a chance..

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite so far: almost everyone, because but I will go over some stand out characters.

Forsyth: Great character imo, both in terms of gameplay and personality. I like the fact that he is a counter to Python as much as Python is to him. They really help each other out a lot and get each other to look at things in a different way. I like how headstrong he is and determined, it really fits considering his past and dream. I also really like his redesign (one of the best imo) and he is a great unit so far for me. Easily one of the best on Alm's side. With a Dracoshield equipped I have yet to actually dread a fight with Witches. He just destroys everything too. 

Saber: first off, I like that we have an older cast here. Most characters outside of Alm and Celica are above 18, and Saber here is among the oldest at I think 34 (can't remember from the leak). Gameplay wise, he is the best unit on celica's route. Without him I am not sure what I would do. And as for the story, I love his character. I like how he starts out as just the sell sword but over time starts really helping the group along. He could of left a long time ago as he was only paid to help her to a certain point, but has stuck around this long. I also liked that he was kneeling in the CG when Celica takes the crown and honors the fact that she is royalty. Shows there is a lot more to him than just the merc sitti in a bar,

Silque: She has been a lifesaver in terms of gameplay. Great unit and warp has been amazing. I find her character really interesting. This is one of the few times that a character that was a priest actually feels like a priest. I love her background too 

Spoiler

The fact that her mother was a part of the Duma Faithful actually surprised me, I really wasn't expecting that. It's a really cool way to make her more interesting though, going against what her mother was before her and becoming a priest of the opposite "deity" (or more like squabbling children)

Mae: I love her personality, it cracks me up so much. That and she is a great unit. Having extra Seraphim use has been a life saver and her spell list is great. 

Tobin/Grey: I included the two together because I love the fact at they are a part of the story. All of their lines together have been hilarious, and the voice acting, especially from Grey, has been amazing. Let alone they are both great units, with Tobin as a mage and Grey as a merc they are the backbone of Alm's army, without those two, Forsyth, and Faye(cleric) I don't know what I would do.

Faye: Gameplay wise as a cleric she is a beast. Rescue has been amazing, early access to Physic was a lifesaver, and just having a second healer for Alm's team was so helpful. I will get to her personality in a second though.

least favorite: barely anyone

Valbar: nothing against his personality, he is just there though. Barely any story relevance, absolutely useless for the team, and just lags behind. It sucks becsud I wanted to like him, but when there is barely anything to even like or dislike I really can't form an opinion on him. So it's not that he is my least favorite, it's just that he is outshine by so many in both story and gameplay that I just don't care all that much.

Deen: I ended up going Sonya because I would of rathered another mage than a 4th merc (and she is hot), but I am not sure I will ever really choose this character. He just.... He is the personification of an Edge Lord. Hell, he is even the same color of Coldsteel the Hedgehog, even uses his stupid quote too. I can't take him seriously. 

Jesse: He just feels useless. He came in so far behind everyone that I don't think I even bothered to level him past his join level. I just dropped his ass. Personality wise he is hilarious, but I just haven't found a use for him. Maybe for another playthrough.

and now the thing I wanted to address, Faye.

I think the biggest issue with Faye right now is that she is so reminiscent of Fates character gimmicks. I personally don't have an issue with her obsession with Alm considering how it ends and how she deals with that, but I can understand why others have an issue. I think that with Fates being fresh on everyone's mind and being reminiscent of some of those problems with the worst of the characters, that it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. Had his happened before Fates or a few years after, I think a lot of the attitude towards her would be different. I don't think its hat bad because as I said earlier she really reacts well to Alm not being interested in her, and in some ways I can understand her obsession with Alm. I mean, she is still just a kid. She is still really young with a lot to learn so her having as bad a crush like that isn't as bad as a character like Cordelia obsessing over Chrom. and you add in the fact that she watched Alm train with Mycen and become the town bad ass, and eventually become leader of the deliverance and start leading an army into battle against all odds definitely isn't helping her bid so smitten with him. I will say they could of toned it down a bit with her combat quotes and post battle lines, but overall I don't think she is as bad a character as she is made out to be. She is still leagues better than characters like Peri (and I liked Peri, thin the murdering psychopath could of been toned down a lot.)

edit: ignore bad grammar. This was typed out on my tablet, so autocorrect is being a dumbass. And clicking the wrong buttons.

Edited by Tolvir

I give everyone permission to use the phrase "Coldsteel the Hedgehog the Human" when referring to Deen. 

I know, that term fits so well, is so genius, and will be used so much that I should really put a trademark on it and sue the pants off of everyone and buy a gold throne, but I'm willing to make sacrifices for the greater good. 

Well, uh, I guess!

Favorites:
Mae: I love her personality, and although I don't usually care too much about voice actors, but her voice direction is so good it's very charming.
Boey: Good foil to Mae, I don't really like they made Boey and Mae marry in the ending though, it's not bad, but I just would've preferred a different take on their relationship, I suppose.
Mathilda: Really cool, really good unit, too. Just wish she had more supports.
Sonya: Character I was most interesting in seeing redesigned, was not disappointed. More to her backstory and personality is a plus too.
Leon: I love this guy, he's so amusing, and I like his relationships with the rest of his gang.
Python: This guy... I like the way he talks and the like, I just think he's cool and pretty great. Only bad thing is he kind of sucks as a unit.
Catria: I liked her already, but this game made me adore her. I think she's handled greatly and I really like her dynamic and seeing more of her personality.
Faye: Controversial issue, but... it's more of a personal thing with me. I know what it's like, I suppose, and I have tended to act out like that in similar situations in the past. I can't say I hate her. I quite like her and her strange uniqueness. 
Luthier: He's really amusing, I like how weird and socially inept he is. Has some great lines in his support.

Least Favorites:  I don't dislike anyone, but I do have least favorites.

Clive: I... Really don't.. care..? I was neutral on him and I still am, he's fine I guess, I just don't really care about him at all. I really don't know how to explain it.
Deen: Granted I've never recruited him but he just seems like edgelord the character. Everything I've seen of him is just edgy and I don't really know if I can get behind it.

Ugh I like almost all the characters so I'll just post those I like the most from a gameplay/personality perspective:

Tobin: What an absolute bro. I can totally relate to him and he has solid interactions with other characters. Gave him the Lightning Sword and he destroys everything with it.

Forsyth: Honestly the only reason I trained this guy up was because I felt bad for benching him and his voice sounded cool. I'm glad I trained him in the longrun though - he's a powerhouse. As for his personality, @Tolvir pretty much covered all of it.

Leon: Really cool gay guy. Great voice and really helpful in fighting off those DAMN ARCANISTS

Mae: I like her personality; she's all bubbly and it really warms my heart and makes me laugh. Plus, she's a good unit.

Palla: She's my waifu, straight up.

Mathilda: HOT. Also, I love her interactions with Clive. Gameplay wise she's a beast and beats her husband out in like what... everything?

Luthier: Honestly I only like this guy because whenever I pick him he says "EASY PICKINGS" which gets me everytime. I like his voice too, and his convo about cats is pretty amusing.

Saber: Is anybody else reminded of Matthew McConaughey whenever he speaks? He sounds really badass.

Crap I better stop before I just straight up list everybody

Favorites

Clair: I like how she's proper and regal, but curious and not exactly snobby (well intentionally so) plus I really like her design. Her interactions with Alm and Gray are also really really good. 

Clive: While he's by far not that great a unit, I like his character, and he has human doubts, he obviously deeply cares for Zofia, but just can't quite get the good push going till Alm steps in, I just like his interactions in the story and with Mathilda. Helps that he's voiced by Grant George and he's one of my favorite VAs.

Mae: Dorky, lovable and all around bubbly, you can't help but smile when she gets hyped up. 

Tobin & Gray are great as a comedy duo and when the time comes for them to be more serious they step up, and develop. 

I could go on and say like Saber, Kamui, Atlas, The three sisters, Genny (she's adorable). Forsyth, Lukas, Mathilda, ugh so many good characters. 

Alm & Celica are very believable and great protagonists too.

Now I have one who bugs me and that Faye, but thats just because I find her a tad creepy. 

Edited by Jedi

Favorites
Delthea: She's absolutely adorable, a great unit and her interactions with Luthier are hilarious.

Luthier: He's a massive dork who's only friend is a cat and he's impossible to hate. Love his interactions with Delthea as well.

Kliff: I like how snarky he is and he has my favorite design. Definitely needed more screen time, sucks how the Gray/Tobin Comedy Duo hog most of it.

Deen: He's so hilariously edgy, I love it. Amazing unit as well and probably the best myrmidon/dread fighter you can get. I feel for people who recruit Sonya over this crit god.

Est: I like how spunky, outgoing and extroverted she is. Brianna Knickerbocker hit it out of the park with her voice. It fits perfectly.

Berkut: Space Dandy as a villain. Need I say more?

I don't really have a least favorite since the cast is really good.

Also, Faye being "mean"/an "asshole" to Silque is the stalest meme ever. Why do people keep parroting this?

Edited by Bowbow

I'd have to say my favorites are:

• Clair: she's a useful unit especially against terrors and I love her personality.
  • Gray: He and Tobin just have hilarious dialogue! Even though I think he fell for Clair a bit too quickly, I still love him and he's a very useful Dread Fighter. Also, he's voiced by Max Mittelman so personal bias.
  • Leon: Very useful Bow Knight! Especially since archers have such a large range, I love having him snipe things from afar and his relationships are interesting.
  • Atlas is a great unit, especially as a Dread Fighter. Catria is also my favorite of the 3 sisters, always has been.
  • I could go on but I'll just say I also like LukasDelthea, Kliff, and Luthier for personality and utility.
  • I also really like Berkut and Rinea even though they're non-playable. It's probably because Berkut is voiced by Ian Sinclair though.

And my least favorites:

• Tatiana is not a bad unit, especially since I don't have much healers on Alm's side, but I've never liked her since she didn't want Zeke to regain his memories. I never liked the whole love triangle with Camus/Zeke/Sirius in general and my opinion of her suffered because of it.
  • Est but then again, I've never liked Est either and her relationship with Abel. Plus, she's just the weakest of the pegasus sisters.
  • Celica even though her design is gorgeous. Unpopular opinion, I know. She's a very useful unit on her side, but in terms of personality... I just think she's pretty bland and a typical goody-two-shoes, especially given her argument with Alm in Act 3 and how she acts in Act 4 as if she's the loneliest person ever... and actually believing Jedah. I still can't believe she actually believed Jedah.
  • Clive is an okay character but even though he started off as a Cavalier, one of the most useful classes I've found in previous games, he doesn't see much use.
Edited by Dolce

31 minutes ago, Bowbow said:

Faye being "mean"/an "asshole" to Silque is the stalest meme ever. Why do people keep parroting this?

It's not a "meme"; more of an observation, I'd say. Also, sometimes many people come to the same conclusion on the same matter; it isn't inherently "parroting" just because a lot of people say it. You are free to feel differently, of course, but it's not like people are saying it just to fit in or something. Faye honestly is kind of a jerk to Silque in their C and B supports. Sure, nobody is obligated to be friends with anybody else, but there are much gentler, less hurtful ways to express your disinterest in interacting with someone than how Faye rejected Silque's attempts at sparking a friendship.

As for my favorites and least favorites? Well, honestly I like just about everybody, but let's see...

FAVORITES:

• I really like Celica a lot. The fact that she has a cool design and a cool class both really help a lot. I also like her as a character, too; I can appreciate her desire to find a nonviolent solution to the conflict, even if it ends up not really being so feasible. Her moxie, as Saber put it, and willingness to take the initiative are also really cool.
  • I actually ended up liking Forsyth quite a bit. I appreciate his earnestness, and he ended up a really solid powerhouse for me.
  • Leon's pretty great. It's nice to have a gay character who isn't portrayed as some degree of hurtful stereotype, and his motivation for fighting alongside Celica to make the world a better place is really sweet. I also love Lucien Dodge's voice, so that certainly doesn't hurt, either.
  • I find Kliff a bit more relatable in certain ways than I feel might be safe to admit, and he's also an absolute monster in the Mage line once you get him going.
  • Tobin and Gray are both pretty great, too; they make a great duo, and their personalities are both pretty charming and very additive to Alm's collective party. I do prefer Tobin's in-game Gaiden design, though, which I realize sounds really bizarre. I feel like it stands out more than his new one does compared to other Fire Emblem characters.
  • Atlas is also pretty cool, I think. Aside from his rad redesign, he also just seems like a good, down-to-earth person to me. He can also become quite a powerful unit if you make him a Mercenary, especially with the aid of a Sagittarius Shard. I'm sure that with that or especially a Libra Shard, he could excel in almost any class you make him.
  • Saber's another character I really like, because he nails the sort of archetype he fits into. I'll admit his voice acting also helps quite a bit, since it's fantastic and fits him perfectly.
  • Mae is another really great one. As many others have said, I love how they made her upbeat and chipper without it becoming egregious or unbelievable. She's also got some great lines and voice acting, and access to the Priestess class, which is my favorite class in the game.
  • Sonya. Aside from class bias, I'm also a huge sucker for enemy-turned-ally characters, as well as characters who have personal relationships with major antagonists. Her supports with Genny were also really nice.
  • Speaking of Genny, I also have kind of an affinity for her due to our shared passion for writing and creating stories. She's also got an adorable redesign.
  • Spoilerboy is also pretty great, but he's super spoilery. I love him, though.

LEAST FAVORITES:

• Dolth. To hell with him and to hell with his necrodragons and his damn irritating swamp mansion. Don't ever talk to Celica or her fifteen traveling companions ever again.
  • Fernand is a great character but my god if he isn't just the biggest asshole as a person. Beat him up and steal his lunch. Twice.
Edited by Topaz Light

2 hours ago, Bowbow said:

Also, Faye being "mean"/an "asshole" to Silque is the stalest meme ever. Why do people keep parroting this?

While they technically aren't wrong, as Faye was rude to Silque, that was only in their C and B-Supports. They become friends in their A-Supports. Which people seem to forget i guess, because they always focus on the C and B Supports.

Though that reminds me, a few Supports in this game are like that.

C-Support: don't talk to me

B-Support: don't talk to me

A-Support: let's be friends

The Tobin/Kliff, Gray/Clair, Faye/Silque and Coldsteel the Hedgehog the Human (Deen)/Jesse Supports are all like this.

That reminds me, Deen's voice sounds like a buff Squidward sometimes, so i can't even take him seriously.

Edited by Armagon

I almost have too many to list. Not sure I can narrow it down. I love pretty much all of the guys and nearly all the girls (not counting some of the bad guys. Let's see... top favourites...)

Saber - My god his voice. His attitude. His combat ability. If anyone doesn't love him, they're lying. Lying, I say!

Leon - I had reservations and my word, have they come through finally. He's just so darn likeable, especially in his interactions with Kamui. He's a strong unit, and one of my tops, along with Saber.

Lukas - Whoever got the voice actors for this game did a darn good job. Again, his voice is just so... nom. I love his attitude and how calm he is compared to... pretty much everyone else in the game. This guy lets nothing phase him. He's been good to me as a unit, and I just adore him thoroughly.

The next lot, I love individually, but I love even more as a duo because of their dynamics:

Forsyth and Python - Two good looking guys. Python's voice is great, and I love how his lazy attitude contrasts with Forsyth's go-getter attitude, and how he lets himself be dragged along by Forsyth (and how Forsyth puts up with him) despite this contrast. They work so well together. Python's done okay for me as a unit (though outshined by Tobin) and Forsyth is just great :D

Clive and Mathilda - I love these two together! They're just so completely adorable! I like them both as units - they've both done fine for me, and I love the role of Clive in the story. They're just such a cute couple ^.^

Boey and Mae - They work really well together. Mae's hyperness helps with Boey's slightly more relaxed state, although he has his excitable moments too. I love them as a pair, and I love watching them on screen. Yay them :D

Mentions: Luthier's design is great, Jesse actually turned out to be an amazing unit for me - he crits all the time and I love his personality, and I currently haven't really reached much with Masked Man or Zeke and his missus (name suddenly escapes me...)

Dislikes:

Faye - Everything I hate in a one note female character. I think her only good point is that she doesn't get kidnapped in a game filled with women that do. Oh, and I love her little animation after beating an enemy. I've stopped using her, pretty much, though.

Est - I was already coloured against her coming into this game, so every little thing grates on me more. I already dislike her character type, I hate what she does to Abel, I hate that she begins as a damsel and comes in at level 3... everything about her grates me. I skip her dialogue and just don't use her.

Mentions - Rinea... I didn't realise until I saw her name mentioned here, but I am actually pretty disappointed with her. She only appears a few times, and seems to only exist for the ending. It's a bit sad, since she looks interesting. I hope she becomes a unit in Heroes, at least.

Edited by Cute Chao

26 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Lukas - Whoever got the voice actors for this game did a darn good job. Again, his voice is just so... nom. I love his attitude and how calm he is compared to... pretty much everyone else in the game. This guy lets nothing phase him. He's been good to me as a unit, and I just adore him thoroughly

So true! Lukas' voice is something else.

I'm agreeing with the majority that Faye is ridiculously annoying. Her whole existence revolves around Alm. She's seriously got nothing else in her life!

Apart from her I pretty much like all the characters I've met thus far but I do have some favourites.

Celica - She's a really strong unit, and I like her personality. She's tough but also sweet.

Lukas - Not exactly my best in battle, but he's so calm and collected. I can't possibly not like his character.

Python - Again, not a great unit but I like his laziness and sarcasm.

And I also like all three whitewings.

Oh b0i

Favorites: (look at my Banner)

Python- Literally me. I'm not joking. My personality is basically a mix of him and Tobin. Also give him a killer bow and everything will die to him. One of my best units.

Forsyth- A god in derpy green armor. Kind of sad he wears dark green instead of Light green and, sad that he shares the exact same body with gray as a Knight, but an amazing unit.

Gray- Oh you. All you have to know is if you give him Dumas lance, (which I have renamed Grays Lance) make him a knight, and give him tons of HP. You will have a good time.

Tobin- Here is where Original Kliff would be. In OG Gaiden, he is a derpy village child who wants to help Alm save the world!

In this game he's an edgy Fuck.

Tobin is basically what Kliff should have been in this game. R.I.P my beautiful derpchild. Also, Shut up Tobin.

Atlas- Being an older brother of 2, I can relate. This dude is one of my best units and definitely one of the more fun to use on Celicas route.

Deen (Dean?) - Haters gonna hate man. Haters gonna hate.

Boey-  *Deep Breath* BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!

Leon- Probably my favorite gay character in any game movie or book. (well, Nico DiAngelo is cool, but meh) Super fun to use, especially with Kamui.

Kamui- The DracoZombie scene made be love this character, but pretty meh in my game play experience.

Mathilda- Definitely the best default horse unit in the game. Pretty good character combined with Amazing stats.

Least Favorites

Valbar- Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Mine had REALLY bad stats. 3 Speed. REALLY VALBAR.

I honestly have no characters that I dislike in this game, all have their own quirks and don't just have weird ones being the base of their whole personality, like in Fates.

anyways my favourites:

Leon: He is a great character, I love his hint of arrogance and he is a really decent unit in Celica's party. I also love the fact that he also just happens to be gay, and that it adds depth to his character and is not the only thing about his personality.

Mathilda: I love her dialogue, she is war god on the battlefield, and is better than Clive in every way. Definitely one of my favourites.

Forsyth: I was always intrigued by his design (as we never got a full portrait of him) and once I started using him I fell in love with his character, being so driven and silly too ("I'm a Forsyth to be reckoned with") but also having one of my favourite supports in the game (his B support with Python just cracks me up). He is essentially a better Lukas for me.

Genny: surprisingly strong for me and has been the backbone of Celica's team. She seems adorable but is so shy too. I want to protect.

Gray: Hands down best character writing for any Fire emblem character imo - pretty much everything he says makes me smile or laugh, and he is great on the battlefield too.

Mae: Again, she is like a female Gray, hilarious and her relationships with Boey and Celica are really sweet and funny. Good fighter too

Jesse: From what I've seen, he seems like a charming but really kind-hearted guy (I haven't got him yet) - his personality seems (oddly) the sweetest of all the Echoes characters and is almost always genuinely happy.

My not-as-favourite characters: 

Faye: Battle-wise, she is probably the best healer in the game, but her personality, as everyone else has said, just is creepy and boring. It is a shame 

Kliff: He just comes across as quite stuck-up, cold and rude. Other than that he hasn't got much going on for him, in my opinion

Clive: He's a very mediocre unit and he is yet another one-note character.

i don't dislike these characters, I just don't really do much for me

My list is similar to many others':

Faves 

Lukas - yes, that voice, but I also appreciate the role he fulfills as the older, mature, babysitter of the group (at least until Clive/Mathilda come along) and I empathize with his numbness of emotion. I like his dry sense of humor, too.

Kliff - I appreciate his sarcasm; however, he's largely a fave for how useful a unit he's been. He's saved my ass many a time with a critical hit, and makes an excellent mage.

Boey & Mae together - they do play off each other so nicely, and the voice acting for those two is excellent! 

(Really, though, I could start to list off nearly all of the rest of the cast here...)

Least Faves

Clive - Clive, why are you so useless and boring?!

Faye - She's been a really useful unit, so I want to like her, but the Alm-worship is tiring.

Alright so I've played Gaiden twice, and seeing these characters get new designs and more personality makes me so happy.

Favorites:

Alm/Celica: I'm putting them together because of how great protagonists they were.  After Fates and Awakening (which are games I like, don't get me wrong) I'm so happy to get MCs with depth and great development to boot.

Genny: I'm saying it now, Genny is my favorite character in Echoes.  She's adorable, she has a great personality, and BATTLE CLERIC. I can't help but fawn over her, and her supports with Sonya make me super happy, which lead me to my next character.

Sonya: I love her a lot.  I feel like she's the semi-sadistic character done right, with a comforting side to her too, shown in her supports with Genny.

Saber: There's not much to say besides I just love him.  No real huge reason, he's just super cool, and a secretly nice guy as well.

Clair: Clair surprised me.  I was immediately disgusted by her prissy attitude, but grew to love her as she get as a person through the story and supports.  Also she called the entire deliverance darlings.  She's totally the mom of the deliverance.

Not so Much Favorites:

Faye: Everyone has already said the basic stuff about her.  She's just a dick.

Wow thats it.  Just Faye.  Jeez.

Honestly I like almost every character, but special shoutouts go to Grey, Leon and Kamui.  This game probably has one of my favorite casts in the series, and not just the heroes, the villains are also really cool as well.    If I had to pick a least favorite probably Faye, because she's a little too one-note.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

Favorites:

Faye is total waifu bait,,, and it's working x.x, in a game with Palla ffs. Terrible taste in men though. It's nice that she's unholy hell on wheels as a unit Dancer/(accurate&fat)Nostank/Stavebot combo is the dumbest thing

Most of the cast: Are amusing shoutouts to May, Tobin, Gray, Leon&Palls, and the white wings you actually use.

Least Favorites:

Alm & Ceilica: Are overly emotional idiots. It bugs me. Echo's/gaiden would be a short game if they were smart or reasonable though.

Edited by joshcja

Favs:

Celica - I like that she's for the side of peace, but will throw down when necessary, and given her backstory it's very easy to see how her doubts and downfalls are the way they are. 

Saber - I really enjoy his development from someone who's just in it for the gold to someone who genuinely cares about Celica's well being, while also being really cool in general

Mathilda - They weren't kidding when they said war goddess.

Not so favs: 

Faye - I can symphasize with unrequited love characters, but what did it for me was her passive-aggressively trying to pry alm and celica further apart by implying that she's a better match while he just had a fight with her. Pretty low move and feels manipulative af.

Favourites:

Alm - His comments about about various things on the villages help to make him more likable. For a lord, his stats are commendable too. Alm's also become my favourite lord so far but I haven't finished the game yet, so we'll see.

Kliff - Well, just by looking at his design pre-release I could tell I'd like him. I just really like light haired characters. He's also a great mage and pretty much the best unit on Alm's side I have. I also like his personality. Just seeing this kid, who started crying, in the prologue growing into this sarcastic beast on the battlefield is amazing

Leon - A very amusing character and seems to be a fairly good archer too

Least favourites:

Clive - I like his personality and role in the story but his stats are just awful. He gets out-classed by his girlfriend too easily.

Est - Once again, my problem with her isn't with her personality. She just joins so under-leveled that I really don't feel like wasting exp on her even if she'd turn out better than both of her sisters combined.

Faye - Nothing to really add here what hasn't already been said

Ah, right I forgot about Kliff and Silque.

Silque grew on me a lot, she's just a really nice character in general, I enjoy her interactions greatly with Jesse in the memory scene, it's really good. Plus she's just a really good unit.

I love how Kliff ends up, especially after seeing the prologue, he's really grown into someone super snarky and sarcastic, I love it.

I feel for Silque.  That feeling when you want to talk to the only other girl there, but she's freaking crazy.  Been there before.

I don't recruited the Jeagen archeotype characters so far and I only need Tatiana and Zeke A support to fill the support log, and the Deen one but wathever. Actually, and so far, I only strongly dislike Faye and Fernand, she is a boring Catria 4.0 that only want Alm's dick and Fernand is a bitch. And I kinda dislike Delthea 'cause she is a brat and put me in my nervs her way to treat Luthier and others, also her english voice make her sound like she is 18 and I don't like it.

Also I like both lords, Celica and Alm are interesting as characters, also I love their voices.

For Alm's route:

Luthier is actually my husbando... I like weirdos in FE and I'm starting to notice it. He is so nerd and antisocial and like cats, is like Miriel but less... Miriel, he is a cutie pie and very unaware of social standards and friendless, human friendless that are not Alm. Is a shame that his only support is with his little bitch sister. Also his desing is my favorite, along with Tatiana one.

Tatiana is a sweet pie, she remember me of Sumia and Sumia is my favourite non-avatarsexual first gen girl, she is clumsy but gentle, even if a bit selfish when we talk about Zeke's memories, she is so pretty and adorable, I love her. 

Zeke because everyone love him, me too, and his voice is so sexy that can kill me with only one word.

Also love Gray 'cause he is funny.

For Celica side:

Leon, and I really need to say why? Non, too much, stereotypical gay, he is fabulous, HE USE PURPLE AND HAS PURPLE HAIR AND THAT IS MY FAVORITE COLOUR. Also his last convo kill me and made fall for him. Also his crush on Valbar is so cute, why is one-sided :(

Saber 'cause he is coolest daddy, he is sexy, strong and he is a mercenary. And I love his role in Celica's route.

Masked guy or Lucina wannabe how I like to called him, he is so adorable and cute, also very handsome, I love him.

Genny because I pulled her in Heroes and I love her type of introvert girl, that loves to read and write and a daddy kink, she is a cutie pie. Also her only support is 10/10 and made want to protect her.

Sonya, she is awesome, her background, she is sexy but elegant and very caring, she deserve all my love.

Palla is my sweet whitewing waifu, she is classy, a gentle big sis, her eyes are so gently and green haired girls are my thing.

Also love Deen's desing because is like a edgy purple Shura with a bit of Priam, that's awesome.

Also I love my bad son Berkut.

Edited by Truffa

I, like many, found the overall cast enjoyable. I'm gonna try and limit my choices for both routes to get straight to the point, but there were many that I liked for all sorts of reasons.

Favorites

Gray was a lot of fun in the story, while also being a nice medium between Alm and Tobin. I'm glad he's one of the most recurring characters when it comes to dialogue.

Saber remains a favorite of mine thanks to his solid stats, but I appreciate how he becomes a trusted confidant of Celica's as the route goes on.

Least Favorites

Clive honestly irritated me with his growing distrust of Alm in Act 3, but his terrible stats pretty much sealed his fate as my least favorite.

Jesse was just kinda there, I honestly found him kinda pathetic and hard to get attached to.