Favorite and Least Favorite Characters So Far

6 minutes ago, TheTrueKnight said:

Whoa...I'm french and there is nothing about this tongue problem in the french support. :blink: They just talk about the gossips!

If a persons has a tongue that waggles it means they're prone to gossiping.

Edited by Shuuda

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not really being a jerk tho. I mean, i tease my friend about how she always mispronounces/flat out says the wrong Fire Emblem names (how do you even say Takumi as "Takashi"). Does that mean i'm being a jerk? No. Likewise, Faye isn't being a jerk to Silque in their A-Support. "You're a good person, Silque, even if your tongue does like to wag" is like me telling my friend "you're a good person (will not say my friend's name for privacy reasons), even if you constantly mispronounce/flat out say the wrong Fire Emblem names, even after i correct you several times".  When Faye says "I'm still not one for gossip, but I would like to know more about you" she means that she doesn't like gossip but would like to talk with Silque about something else. Cuz you know........not everything has to be gossip.

I've had crappy friends before. I can tell you from experience that, if Faye were a real life person, she wouldn't be a crappy friend.

But they aren't friends. She says it before they're friends, basically ridiculing her in the midst of trying to establish a friendship. It's not like when say, Boey and Mae crap on each other, because there's no friendly history at all. Teasing people you're close to is fine, but I really don't buy it in Faye's support because she consistently came off as mean spirited before and they're just deciding to be friends now. She seems wholly unpleasant to me.

Edited by Noma9

1 hour ago, Noma9 said:

But they aren't friends. She says it before they're friends, basically ridiculing her in the midst of trying to establish a friendship. It's not like when say, Boey and Mae crap on each other, because there's no friendly history at all. Teasing people you're close to is fine, but I really don't buy it in Faye's support because she consistently came off as mean spirited before and they're just deciding to be friends now. She seems wholly unpleasant to me.

If it helps you see Faye in a more positive light, read her recruitment dialogue with Celica

Spoiler

“Oh, Celica! You're back! Gosh, how long has it been? I've missed you so much! Alm left Ram. Did you know that? Just up and LEFT! I'm so desperately lonely... Anyway, I thought about going after him just to teach him a lesson, but I didn't. I'd probably get killed by some foul beast out there on my own, you know? Hey, wait... Are you on a journey or quest or whatever? Then maybe I could go with you!” -Faye talking to Celica if Celica vists Ram Village and recruits her.

I'm not denying that Faye was rude to Silque in their C and B-Supports, but i personally get the feeling that Faye just doesn't really know how to make friends outside her friend group. And also, her voice acting makes it sounds like she's rude unknowingly. But as you can see here, Faye sees Celica as a friend.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If it helps you see Faye in a more positive light, read her recruitment dialogue with Celica

Hide contents

“Oh, Celica! You're back! Gosh, how long has it been? I've missed you so much! Alm left Ram. Did you know that? Just up and LEFT! I'm so desperately lonely... Anyway, I thought about going after him just to teach him a lesson, but I didn't. I'd probably get killed by some foul beast out there on my own, you know? Hey, wait... Are you on a journey or quest or whatever? Then maybe I could go with you!” -Faye talking to Celica if Celica vists Ram Village and recruits her.

I'm not denying that Faye was rude to Silque in their C and B-Supports, but i personally get the feeling that Faye just doesn't really know how to make friends outside her friend group. And also, her voice acting makes it sounds like she's rude unknowingly. But as you can see here, Faye sees Celica as a friend.

That does make her seem less "mean girl" and more "socially challenged". Shame that I don't get to see that normally. Either way, she's still probably one of my least favorite characters, even if she isn't as bad as I originally thought. But that has more to do with how much I like the others and less about how I dislike her, you know? Someone has to come in last place, after all.

23 minutes ago, Noma9 said:

Someone has to come in last place, after all.

I understand that. For me, it's Deen. I like my edgy characters and all, but it's hard to take Deen seriously when he sounds like a buff Squidward.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I understand that. For me, it's Deen. I like my edgy characters and all, but it's hard to take Deen seriously when he sounds like a buff Squidward.

Ah, I chose Sonya, so other than giving me an extra Brave Sword I don't know anything about Deen. The extra Brave Sword is pretty sweet though!

9 minutes ago, Noma9 said:

Ah, I chose Sonya, so other than giving me an extra Brave Sword I don't know anything about Deen. The extra Brave Sword is pretty sweet though!

I unknowingly upgraded it to Rapier, which gives me much less than the Brave sword...

Just now, KongDude said:

I unknowingly upgraded it to Rapier, which gives me much less than the Brave sword...

Yeeeeah, I always save right before I do any upgrading so I don't waste any silver/gold or, especially, good weapons. Rapiers aren't terrible though. They still do effective damage to armored guys, right? A Dread Fighter would actually be able to throw down with a baron with one, I guess. 

On Topic: I actually like Forsyth quite a lot and I wasn't expecting to. And I'm really debating whether or not to get the Deliverance DLC so I can enjoy more of that crew. 

15 minutes ago, Noma9 said:

Yeeeeah, I always save right before I do any upgrading so I don't waste any silver/gold or, especially, good weapons. Rapiers aren't terrible though. They still do effective damage to armored guys, right? A Dread Fighter would actually be able to throw down with a baron with one, I guess. 

On Topic: I actually like Forsyth quite a lot and I wasn't expecting to. And I'm really debating whether or not to get the Deliverance DLC so I can enjoy more of that crew. 

Yeah, Rapiers aren't terrible. It's just Kamui did so much better with the Brave.

I love Forsyth. I turned him to merc with the fork and he's done quite well. Character wise, I love him, too.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ah, Deen... I chose him in my first run because he looked cool (while Sonya looked just like a slut because I didn't know who she was), but this guy is so...useless? I mean, he doesn't have any background so I just chose Sonya in my second run because she's more interesting.

• 3 months later...

I'm on chapter 3 right now and my favorites for each route go like this:

Alm's route: Forsyth, Clive, Mathilda, Alm, Clair 

Celica's route: Mae, Saber, Leon, Genny, Celica

Edited by Corbin

• 2 weeks later...

There's so many characters I love in this game! Probably one of my favourite rosters.

Probably my favourite is Clair. I just love her all around. Her supports with Gray are some of the best. I just like that she isn't taken away by vapid sentimentality.

Catria tickles my fancy in many ways. First of all that haircut is a really big weakness of mine when it comes to women. I also rather enjoy her approach to interacting with her sisters. Why repeate ideas the other two extremes have already said? I also have a thing of pegasus knights...

Kliff is great. His supports with Tobin were great too. Small talk can be such a drag. Sometimes it's better to not talk at all. Taking the first excuse to go explore the world, I feel I can relate to that.

Now I don't hate this character by any means I just find him kind of boring. I can relate to Luthier's want for improvement and his dedication to his talents. I've spent many time locked up working on something so I can relate to him. However I still find him somewhat boring, that might be the point, he's just a bit one note... now I'm worrying I might be boring too. I take it back I've just realised I like him too!

My favorites are:

Alm's path

Python - Man, I just like this guy. His supports with Forsyth (I think that's how it's spelled) are pretty hilarious and one of the best in the game.

Forsyth - Same reason as Python.

Mathilda - Her personality just clicked on me is all.

Delthea - She's fun to have around. I like how cheery she sounds.

Celica's path

Celica - Her design is perhaps the main reason why I adore her.

Mae - I just love how crazy hyper she is. No way I could finish this game without her around.

Saber - I like his design, his personality and...well everything. He's just a pretty cool character who just clicked on me.

Palla - She's no doubt my favorite of the three sisters (I like Catria too). Being the oldest sibling, I just like how she acts like a mother figure to both her sisters as shown in her supports with them, specifically with Est. And, as weird as it sounds, I like how her hair looks. Love the green color.

My least favorite

Faye - Honestly, why does she have to be such a bitch? She always got nothing but Alm in her mind. Everything she does revolves around him. Her supports with Silque has made me dislike her even more in ways I don't even want to put into words.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorites:

Alm's Side:

Gray, Kliff, Lukas, Clair, Python, Forsyth, Mathilda, Tatiana, and Zeke

Celica's Side:

Mae, Saber, Leon, Palla, Catria, Jesse, and Sonya

Cipher:

All of them, just for how much fun personality they have, wouldn't mind seeing them again in later titles

Least Favs:

Faye (Useful Unit, Shallow Character), Deen (See Faye), Nomah (Boring and Subpar Unit), Mycen (Boring Plot Device who's only a filler unit), and Clive (See Nomah).

I like a lot of the characters in SoV but here are some of my favourites per class type.

Archer- Python (love his lines and design plus he hits like a truck)

Knight- Valibar (I like his heavyweight design and fatherly personality)

Sage- Luthier (I LOVE this guy's arrogance, confidence)

Pegasus- Palla (of the pegasus riders she's my favourite with Catria being a close 2nd sorry if that's cheating).

Mercenary- Atlas (this was hard as I also really like Saber's design and character but ultimately i love Atlas' personality, background and character.)

Villager- Kliff (oh boy I like how Kliff seems very focused on the job at hand his snarky and sarcasm I like as well now I will say I like Grey a lot too, he brings a smile to my face with every line but I had to go with Kliff)

Bandit- Watchman Bandit and honorable mention to the Reporting Bandit "Uh, Boss we got trouble."

And of course I like both Alm and Celica.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the game. There's not a single character I hate in this game. Gnhngn... uhhh...

Favorites - Berkut is a big one. God I love this smug man. Opposite spectrum is Conrad who I adore and is my favorite playable. Saber, Alm, and Celica round out the others. Saber's just all around fantastic and a great second in command for Celica, and I just really like both Alm and Celica.

Favorites:

• Berkut - I really liked his design and character. He felt like a real villain with motives. i just wanted to see more of him.
  • Leon - One of my best units on Celica's route. Killer Bow or Long Bow and he did a lot of damage. Good personality helped as well. 
  • Lukas - I really liked his character, a calm and smart person. Even though Baron is not the best class, I still liked and used him.
  • Delthea - Fun and energetic. She easily became one of my best mages. Making sure she did not die was definitely worth it.
  • Tatiana - Physic and Fortify really helped me in later chapters, so she became my main cleric.
  • Mae & Boey - I'm putting the two of them together because they work so well together. I loved reading the supports and dialogue between them and it definitely was nice to see their end cards after beating the game.

Least Favorites:

• Atlas - A villager that joins pretty late in Celica's route, so I did not bother training him because I already had a lot of better units. 
  • Forsyth - Lukas was better. I just did not connect to this character.
  • Python - He seemed like an interesting character, but I did not get to see a lot of it, and I did not use him much.

For my final dungeon team I had:

Alm (Hero), Lukas (Baron), Tobin (Sage), Conrad (Gold Knight), Kamui (Dread Fighter), Saber (Dread Fighter), Est (Falcon Knight), Tatiana (Saint), Delthea (Priestess), Leon (Bow Knight).

So, I guess those are my favorite units gameplay-wise.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:31 AM, Thane said:

I see. Thanks bud! That does make the prologue dialogue a bit weird though. So Alm and Celica knew each other for three years? I still don't buy the whole love thing, but it's good they at least spent more than a few months together.

EDIT: Apparently, my comp's weird and posted before I could even type. Gimme a sec

If I may add one thing to this, it's not as though it was an instant click between them. When she first came to Ram, Celica didn't really speak at all and always had a gloomy expression. That the two became so close is because Alm eventually got through to her

Edited by Motendra

Favorites:

Mathilda: The very example of woman power. Honestly this beast motivates me and she's such a beauty. She's the MVP of the maps I played too. Bonus. Also the actor for her voice made her sound like a person you don't wanna mess with, especially her final quote during the battle with Duma.

Delthea: I admit that her personality may not be the best thing, but can you really blame a 13 year old kid pushing herself on a battlefield? I personally like her cheerful personality, and even though she has REALLY BAD PHYSICAL DEFENSE, I love her Att Stat.

Python: I just love his character so much, not to mention he's good looking too. His voice acting is great as well. I can relate to him a lot, but holy hell he's just so bad as a unit. Always missing, and when he DOES hit it doesn't even deal that much. He only gets a little better once he becomes a Bow Knight. But the work is just so tiring...

Genny: The sheep cleric! I fell in love with her design and personality the first time I played SoV. And I never stopped using her as a unit because she's just so adorable. I just wish she had more convos with others though...

Tobin: Even though he's a little obnoxious to me, I can't hate him at all! He's just such a funny character with memorable quotes, and most of all he's a great archer. I never made him miss out on a single battle, because we all know it's a bad idea to COUNT TOBIN OUT.

Least Favorites:

Faye: I never wanted to dislike Faye at all. But the problem is that she has so much potential as a character, only for her entire world to be directed towards Alm. She's a really pretty character in my opinion, and an even better cleric/mage. But her personality is just so...rotten. And the only other conversation she has