Favorite and Least Favorite Characters So Far

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Huh. I don't remember that at all; who is it that says that? Not that I don't trust you, and I know for a fact you speak better Japanese than I do, but I'm still curious.

A lady in Zofia Castle after the Deliverance siege in Chapter 1, I believe.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

A lady in Zofia Castle after the Deliverance siege in Chapter 1, I believe.

I see. Thanks bud! That does make the prologue dialogue a bit weird though. So Alm and Celica knew each other for three years? I still don't buy the whole love thing, but it's good they at least spent more than a few months together.

Just now, Thane said:

I see. Thanks bud! That does make the prologue dialogue a bit weird though. So Alm and Celica knew each other for three years? I still don't buy the whole love thing, but it's good they at least spent more than a few months together.

It's kind of weird that Alm never really acknowledges his feelings for Celica, honestly. Every time he's asked about their bond, he just does the dumb harem protag "Eh?" thing. We're shown that she's important to him, but not in the romantic way ever.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's kind of weird that Alm never really acknowledges his feelings for Celica, honestly. Every time he's asked about their bond, he just does the dumb harem protag "Eh?" thing. We're shown that she's important to him, but not in the romantic way ever.

I've never seen a harem anime, though I have heard the protagonists are exceptionally insufferable and dense, though the latter seems to apply to all male anime studs in terms of love. 

But hey, who needs chemistry when you've got prophecies? I wonder who keeps writing all these little overly specific tidbits that include two teenagers shagging.

Just now, Thane said:

I've never seen a harem anime, though I have heard the protagonists are exceptionally insufferable and dense, though the latter seems to apply to all male anime studs in terms of love. 

But hey, who needs chemistry when you've got prophecies? I wonder who keeps writing all these little overly specific tidbits that include two teenagers shagging.

Dense protags are funny sometimes, but it's so overdone in the cookie cutter light novel anime we get every season that deconstruction of the trope is becoming a common trend. Thankfully not all protags are like that.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Dense protags are funny sometimes, but it's so overdone in the cookie cutter light novel anime we get every season that deconstruction of the trope is becoming a common trend. Thankfully not all protags are like that.

Well, that sounds entertaining. I don't watch too much anime just because I often feel like it's the same thing over and over again, and I don't think I have ever seen love been portrayed in even a semi-plausible fashion. Even the best anime, like Death Note, have some really creepy roles for the female cast.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, that sounds entertaining. I don't watch too much anime just because I often feel like it's the same thing over and over again, and I don't think I have ever seen love been portrayed in even a semi-plausible fashion. Even the best anime, like Death Note, have some really creepy roles for the female cast.

Eh, I guess it's the same in any media. For every masterpiece, you have a billion terrible ones. Anime generally doesn't have realistic love plots because of its general target audience; perhaps fun as an escape sometimes. I only watch a few occasionally, if I hear it's good or something, usually way after it airs.

I've already stated my most favs and least favs but I just want to say this:

I'm honestly really glad Lukas got more support convos in the DLC. He's definitely my favorite character in the bunch because he was handled pretty well.

Lukas isn't just pretty boy knight. He's a respectable soldier who gets his work done and acts as Alm's guide for a portion of the game, but feels that he lacks in passion and emotion. He's pretty plot relevant and shows no weakness throughout the story dialogue, even standing up to Fernand when offending him, something almost no one else does. Still completing his role well, he reveals quite a lot about himself in his non-story dialogue.

Clive support shows that despite being a fine asset in the Deliverance, he's afraid that he isn't anything more than that. He wants to be able to feel and express the way other comrades do. The fact that almost nothing changes his "cold observer" ways troubles him.

Python support shows similar to Clive, but also tells us a bit more about his past. In the past, he had tried courting a woman, but has no real desire to see her once again. The "fire" that burns between Mathilda and Clive is something he doesn't understand. Python reassures him that nothing is wrong with him not feeling that way at the moment, as love isn't for everyone, which I really liked about Python in this support (he's honestly so likable in this support). It's nice to know that Lukas was somewhat of a charmer before, and I wish they'd reference it in his ending, but oh well.

Forsyth support shows more about Forsyth than him, but still gives us more about his past. It's much more of a friendly conversation and doesn't reveal too much character, but the contrast between the two are quite admirable.

It's been almost about a week since I've finished it, so I guess now would be a good time to get my opinion out.

Boey is probably my favourite character, with Lukas right behind. Maybe it's just because he looks like a certain red archer from another series, but I really enjoyed him, and love his interactions with Mae.  I genuinely felt happy reading their endings together, which actually doesn't happen often with me.  I've been giving him a lot of favoritism on my second run.  Really sad I didn't get him in Heroes.

In the end, my least favourite has to be Clive.  Which saddens me because I liked his design the best at first, he looked really nice and proper.  Very refreshing after the boring designs of Cavaliers in the last two games.  I loved his support with Mathilda, but otherwise I find him to be awful.  Doesn't bother telling anyone about his suspicions of Alm, tells Alm not to even bother with Delthea, other things I'm too lazy to remember.  He just came across as really cowardly compared to others like Lukas.  Maybe I'm comparing him too much, but he really didn't manage to get on my good side, where even characters I didn't care for initially (Python and Clair) did.

For me it's currently Clair and Faye at the undisputed top. Both have been crit GODDESSES! I think Clair's crit more than she's normally attacked in fact, and they're not using special +crit gear either. I very much enjoy performing 'The Silque Road' by rescuing someone with Faye and then warping them with Silque for massive redeployment. Plus a 70% hit infinite use Nosferatu? With how much Faye's been critting, sign me up!

As for dislike, I think the only ones I dislike right now are Python and Tobin. I thought Python was going to be a generic NPC mini-boss that I'd have to fight at some point so I didn't even bother talking to him until I came here one day and noticed people talking about him as if he could be recruited. Just... With a name like 'Python', that just screams 'I'm going to betray you and be a disposable mini-boss later on'. Tobin's just had some WRECHED luck on his level-ups. Even with a star sphere I've seen his attack rise, like, once. The RNG screwage has become so bad I've basically written him off as a lost cause at this point (and would rather focus on units like Clair).

10 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

I like/am indifferent to Clive/Mathilda separately but their support is so glurgey and diabetes-inducing that I can't stand them together.

Oh good, it's not just me.

19 hours ago, KongDude said:

Python support shows similar to Clive, but also tells us a bit more about his past. In the past, he had tried courting a woman, but has no real desire to see her once again. The "fire" that burns between Mathilda and Clive is something he doesn't understand. Python reassures him that nothing is wrong with him not feeling that way at the moment, as love isn't for everyone, which I really liked about Python in this support (he's honestly so likable in this support). It's nice to know that Lukas was somewhat of a charmer before, and I wish they'd reference it in his ending, but oh well.

Forsyth support shows more about Forsyth than him, but still gives us more about his past. It's much more of a friendly conversation and doesn't reveal too much character, but the contrast between the two are quite admirable.

I have the DLC although I haven't seen the added supports yet; are they only available while playing the DLC or do they unlock for the main game?

Anyway, although Lukas was already my favourite, maps 2 and 4 of the Deliverance DLC seal it for me. I love the background information and extra character insights the DLC gives us.

1 hour ago, Res said:

I have the DLC although I haven't seen the added supports yet; are they only available while playing the DLC or do they unlock for the main game?

I don't have the DLC myself, but I think it unlocks for the main game also.

For my favorite, I would say Delthea because who doesn't love a loli that can blow the enemy to kingdom come.

As for my least favorite, I would say Genny because the developers screwed her up

4 hours ago, Res said:

Anyway, although Lukas was already my favourite, maps 2 and 4 of the Deliverance DLC seal it for me. I love the background information and extra character insights the DLC gives us.

Lukas is absolutely amazing in the DLC and his new supports. He might have become my favorite Echoes character.

The DLC also makes me realize how wasted Fernand's voice actor is on that character; it's one of the best performances I've heard in gaming, and it's on Fernand.

yeah I was really surprised by how much better lukas' new supports were than his single support he had before

his support with clive was okay and it addressed something sort of interesting about him, but his support with python did something similar in a way that was so much more interesting and made his emotions feel so much more real

i thought his support with forsyth was one of the best in the game too, although that was more about forsyth than lukas.

really, I think I liked every support added in the DLC, and it definitely managed to make lukas one of my favorites

shame you have to pay money for lukas and clive to be interesting characters

9 minutes ago, unique said:

shame you have to pay money for lukas and clive to be interesting characters

Honestly I think it humanized Python the most. All he does in the base game is snark and complain, and while many people eat that up like candy and proclaim him to be their spirit animal among many other things, he feels utterly inhuman. In his support with both Lukas and Clive, we at least see him interacting with the world and caring about things which he simply does not do in the base game. 

It's funny, I almost like Clive less as a person, though not necessarily as a character, after his support with Forsyth and Python. Of course, what truly makes me angry is how there are zero reasons for these supports not to be in the base game.

Have to agree with the statements right above me that the DLC supports humanized and gave a more in-depth look at these characters especially regarding Lukas and Python. I didn't have any particularly big feelings for any of these units but as characters Lukas and Python definitely won me over as favorites of the game.

As for least favorites, Delthea is a narcisistic kid who's actually pretty good in gameplay. There's something infuriating about a small kid that gloats that she's amazing yet never actually tries. 

Edited by Raguna

Favorite character: Gotta be Conrad, being the masked knight he is.

Least favorite character: tbh i don't have one. they're all good to me I guess.

I wish their was a DLC for more backstory in Celica's side to flesh em out more.

I've not finished the game yet, but I think my favorite is like. . . Alm's whole crew almost? Gray, Kliff, Lukas, and Python especially. They're all pretty great. On Celica's side, I'm quite taken with Saber and Sonya. By the time I finish, I'll probably be able to shorten the list a little. 

As for least favorites? Probably Faye and Clive. Faye being in love with Alm is fine, but her support with Silque really turned me off of her character. Still use her though because Physic is dope. And Clive is okay but I think he makes bad choices and it frustrates me a little. Doesn't help that he turned out pretty crappy for me too ):

2 hours ago, Noma9 said:

I've not finished the game yet, but I think my favorite is like. . . Alm's whole crew almost? Gray, Kliff, Lukas, and Python especially. They're all pretty great. On Celica's side, I'm quite taken with Saber and Sonya. By the time I finish, I'll probably be able to shorten the list a little. 

As for least favorites? Probably Faye and Clive. Faye being in love with Alm is fine, but her support with Silque really turned me off of her character. Still use her though because Physic is dope. And Clive is okay but I think he makes bad choices and it frustrates me a little. Doesn't help that he turned out pretty crappy for me too ):

You should do A support between Silque and Faye.

7 hours ago, TheTrueKnight said:

You should do A support between Silque and Faye.

I did! She's still a jerk. She apologizes and then goes on to say that Silque talks to much and that she herself is totally above any gossip, but sure I want to know more about you. Just, no. I still don't like her, she still seems like a really crappy friend.

18 minutes ago, Noma9 said:

I did! She's still a jerk. She apologizes and then goes on to say that Silque talks to much and that she herself is totally above any gossip, but sure I want to know more about you. I still don't like her, she still seems like a really crappy friend.

That's not really being a jerk tho. I mean, i tease my friend about how she always mispronounces/flat out says the wrong Fire Emblem names (how do you even say Takumi as "Takashi"). Does that mean i'm being a jerk? No. Likewise, Faye isn't being a jerk to Silque in their A-Support. "You're a good person, Silque, even if your tongue does like to wag" is like me telling my friend "you're a good person (will not say my friend's name for privacy reasons), even if you constantly mispronounce/flat out say the wrong Fire Emblem names, even after i correct you several times".  When Faye says "I'm still not one for gossip, but I would like to know more about you" she means that she doesn't like gossip but would like to talk with Silque about something else. Cuz you know........not everything has to be gossip.

I've had crappy friends before. I can tell you from experience that, if Faye were a real life person, she wouldn't be a crappy friend.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not really being a jerk tho. I mean, i tease my friend about how she always mispronounces/flat out says the wrong Fire Emblem names (how do you even say Takumi as "Takashi"). Does that mean i'm being a jerk? No. Likewise, Faye isn't being a jerk to Silque in their A-Support. "You're a good person, Silque, even if your tongue does like to wag" is like me telling my friend "you're a good person (will not say my friend's name for privacy reasons), even if you constantly mispronounce/flat out say the wrong Fire Emblem names, even after i correct you several times".  When Faye says "I'm still not one for gossip, but I would like to know more about you" she means that she doesn't like gossip but would like to talk with Silque about something else. Cuz you know........not everything has to be gossip.

I've had crappy friends before. I can tell you from experience that, if Faye were a real life person, she wouldn't be a crappy friend.

Whoa...I'm french and there is nothing about this tongue problem in the french support. :blink: They just talk about the gossips!