Is it necessary to have children in fates

That_Tj

2 hours ago, Not_The_NSA said:

It isn't, stop falsely accusing me.

Because MyCastles rewards aren't easy to obtain and thus are irrelevant to most gameplay discussions. If you have it, great, not everyone grinded MyCastle points to pick up a terrible weapon like Great Club.

This isn't about MyCastle rewards, this is about Berserker Percy being a terrible recommendation and your answer was "use DLC/MyCastle Great Club."

Anyone, your bias is still showing. Ophelia isn't always bulky, she still isn't always going to exist, and I'm surprised you're willing to look at Leo's flaws while ignoring the things that hold Ophelia back. Comparing Ophelia to Camilla means nothing to me; you're just comparing the best unit in Conquest to a unit that won't possibly exist if Odin is benched after Ch 10.

Anyway, feel free to strawman about Sorcerer Niles (what?) and how Leo is such a terrible unit when he's one of the better units in Conquest, if not top 10. I'm still walking away from this with the idea you're biased for Ophelia and you like to strawman or make weak arguments for her sake.

Why are you getting so defensive? I haven't accused you of a single thing. I just think your reasoning is faulty.

Edited by Jotari

21 hours ago, Augestein said:

Berserker Percy isn't bad. Having access to Rally Strength and Rally Defense = Good. His passive covers the Critical penalty he has making him only have the bonus of a Berserker, and Percy has one of the best luck growths in the game, so getting hit by a critical is practically nonexistent. And you missed the "use someone as a pair up to cover his movement problems" which there wouldn't be movement problems either-- because he moves at a normal speed. People seriously overrate fliers when Berserkers have some good bases nowadays. And Axefaire isn't exactly a bad skill to get either if you can reach level 15 with him. Conquest maps are generally closer spaced than the wide open fields of birthright.

Erm, yeah, as to that, Berserker still has the lowest luck cap, and Percy is still doomed to have a negative luck modifier (for the record, only Mozu and Elise have a positive luck mod, and even then it's only +1). . . Anyway, I have reason to think people overhype Berserkers - sure, they have good offense, but is it really worth having to play Russian Roulette every time one sees combat??? 

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

12 minutes ago, Not_The_NSA said:

Wow, you're not even being subtle about harassing me. Of course I would be defend myself if you falsely accused me. But fine, if you want me to speak to the mods or Vincent about giving you an infraction, I shall.

Accused you of what?

I managed to finish both Conquest and Birthright with just having Kana as my kid. That said, she easily surpassed my M!Corrin in stats and usefulness. I'm guessing this goes for all children. So while it definitely is not required, it sure as hell seems useful to have them. 

4 hours ago, Toushima said:

I managed to finish both Conquest and Birthright with just having Kana as my kid. That said, she easily surpassed my M!Corrin in stats and usefulness. I'm guessing this goes for all children. So while it definitely is not required, it sure as hell seems useful to have them. 

Who was Kana's mother?

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, Augestein said:

I can see that, because at this point, I understand your playstyle. I like doing stuff like hitting people with rallies and the like, so I have a better chance and the like, but it's clear that your style is a very safe one (nothing wrong with that either). You're the type of guy that would rather hit with 100% 10 damage with 0 critical than a guy that has 70-80% with 8 with 50% critical. 

I feel need to correct you:

He prefer a 100% 10 damage and 20-30% luna proc than a 70-80% 8 damage, 70-80% crit chance and -15% crit evade.

His problem is neither the 70-80% neither hoping for a crit. His problem is just -15% crit evade.

No, God no. I don't even bother recruiting them anymore. And if I do, it's usually to get the items in their recruitment chapters as opposed to doing those chapters to recruit the kids.

I don't even think I need to mention how horribly hamfisted their place in the story is.

13 hours ago, SpearOfLies said:

I feel need to correct you:

He prefer a 100% 10 damage and 20-30% luna proc than a 70-80% 8 damage, 70-80% crit chance and -15% crit evade.

His problem is neither the 70-80% neither hoping for a crit. His problem is just -15% crit evade.

If you wish to correct someone, please make sure you follow the Code of Conduct.  This is technically a necropost.