PMU: Echoes Edition

8 minutes ago, Ether said:

I'll save you from not forging your Sol by giving you Sol!Clair!

(If this isn't feasible, then I'll give a few alternatives. Sadly item locations/quantities for this game don't exist yet, so Rhomphaia(if this is even a thing players get) > Silver Lance(if there are enough of these) > Steel Lance(if all else fails), toss her Gradivus for postgame if you aren't using Sol(and if you're doing postgame, I guess you can use it for a bit of Duma's tower)

Sol isn't really obtainable till postgame unless you do Deeper Astral Temple. Rhomphaia is forged from the Ridersbane, and there's only one in the whole game, so that conflicts with Est. Silver Lance is pretty doable though.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

10 minutes ago, Ether said:

I'll save you from not forging your Sol by giving you Sol!Clair!

(If this isn't feasible, then I'll give a few alternatives. Sadly item locations/quantities for this game don't exist yet, so Rhomphaia(if this is even a thing players get) > Silver Lance(if there are enough of these) > Steel Lance(if all else fails), toss her Gradivus for postgame if you aren't using Sol(and if you're doing postgame, I guess you can use it for a bit of Duma's tower)

I've actually yet to get to the point where you fight random Mogalls. Only the boss one during Celica's Duma Tower. Also Jedah 1.

Tbh I enjoy grinding so I'd be fine with it.

I'll get back to you on this one once I finish my playthrough.

Edited by Emerson

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sol isn't really obtainable till postgame unless you do Deeper Astral Temple. Rhomphaia is forged from the Ridersbane, and there's only one in the whole game, so that conflicts with Est. Silver Lance is pretty doable though.

Alright, that's good to know. I haven't been able to find that information taken down anywhere. Silver Lance is fine, thanks for the input ^.^

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Weren't the chances of getting rare drop items decreased even further?

They're here.

I've dealt with worse. Namely full odds shiny Pokemon, which used to be like 0.0001% or something.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Merc Gray.

But with the Lightning Sword for the entire game.

So basically me just playing the game normally.

Ok actually, he might suck in endgame with that.

1 minute ago, Emerson said:

So basically me just playing the game normally.

Ok actually, he might suck in endgame with that.

He's actually going to start sucking as soon as Chapter 3 kicks in lol.

Also completely fucks with his anti-mage abilities as a Dread Fighter lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He's actually going to start sucking as soon as Chapter 3 kicks in lol.

Also completely fucks with his anti-mage abilities as a Dread Fighter lol.

Nah, Witches for sure, but Arcanists have meh Res. Like, 8ish I think.

Thunderclap is great too.

Just now, Emerson said:

Nah, Witches for sure, but Arcanists have meh Res. Like, 8ish I think.

Thunderclap is great too.

We're still talking about 15 Might with -10 Crit (yay 7*2 damage), unless you spend 3 Gold Marks to forge it. Max forge is still 19 Might, so you'll still be doing 11*2 (not enough to ORKO) to those Arcanists. Foudroyant is your friend, but still probably no ORKOs.

15 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

Let's use those Villager Forks, shall we?

Archer Boey with Killer Bow

Boey was chosen already.

Beginning Act 3 now and... wow, Celica's path was tough without Genny. While Alm's was also tough without Silque, you have a good amount of tanky units to deal with the enemies, as well as a good amount of provisions to go with it. But on Celica's, the low amount of food and high amount of enemies means Saber tanking the choke points requires him switching out occasionally to heal or using provisions, and magic users need to heal on occasion too since they'll be expending a lot of their health.

Also, screw the damn Cantor in Act 2. I thought he was tough before, but with only 5 units, he's a massive pain. I managed to beat him in 39 turns, and only due to sheer luck of Boey getting a crit. Of all things to change, why not that one. Like in my first playthrough, that bumped everyone in the party atm a few levels up, so most everyone is pretty broken, save for Boey. As much as I like him, he's been pretty terrible in both of my playthroughs now. Everyone's talking about how terrible Forsyths and Lukas are (Which I firmly disagree with), but Boey is the real trash here.

A few notes for future playthroughs:

Make sure to not pick up items the other side required. I picked up the Rusted Shield and Iron Lance with Alm, and now I have to either find new ones for Celica, or waste 2 Merchants on them.

Wait for promotion. While you can normally get away with promoting ASAP in a normal playthrough, the low unit count here required their growths to have some actual effect, so waiting before promotion to make the best of them is very important. Those low promotion gains aren't going to mean much when you're having to face an entire army with 10 units or less.

Anyways, here's everyone's stats going into Act 3:

qB9UYeV.jpg

Alm's looking a bit frail. While his offense is great, his Defense has only gone up a single point in 6 levels with a 50% growth. Hopefully it'll bump up, and if not, I hope there's some stat-booster statues for defense in the near future.

bPacMU9.jpg

Like with Alm, Gray's looking a bit frail, but great offensively. He's turning out about the same as my Gray did in the last playthrough, so hopefully he'll bulk up too.

IbPzROo.jpg

Tobin's looking a bit disapointing. While not super frail, he's also not very bulky either. His offense isn't terrible, but for a tier 2, it's a bit bad. Out of all my units, I wish I'd kept him in Tier 1 for a bit longer.

PDFAqyC.jpg

Forsyth hasn't had much time to grow, but his 2 levels so far have been great.

NiLsJit.jpg

Python's in about the same situation. Only 1 level, but it was a good level nonetheless.

AZdfOK6.jpg

Clair is also doing well. Her decent offense combined with amazing mobility should allow her to fight well on the front lines... if it weren't for the mass amount of Iron Bow Archers early on. Only those are taken care of, she should be able to get her needed EXP.

JZsLkM6.jpg

Look at this man. Look at this BEAST we have here. I really don't understand how people consider the natural soldiers in the game bad, especially since they can take hits like a champ. While Witches are issues, Mila's Turnwheel allows you to mess with their RNG with teleporting, meaning in most cases you should be able to keep them safe. I've noticed that Witches tend to target units that're on their own, so keeping Lukas near other units should allow him to be fine. It's just a theory though, so I could be totally wrong about their AI. Also, give him a few Res boosts from the spring. Even just two or three should allow survival once you encounter the Witch summoners.

jDecYcR.jpg

Holy cow Celica! You're absolutely amazing! Her offense is absolutely ludicrous at such an early stage in the game, and the Blessed Sword only enhances it. Hopefully she'll keep this up.

g16mteh.jpg

Not much to say here, since he's only has a little bit of grinding done to promote him and that's it. He should turn out well though.

oUoBsU2.jpg

Not as great as Saber, but Kamui is doing well. He's pretty normal for his growths actually.

CGAmABV.jpg

Same as Kliff, not much to see.

1xih828.jpg

Boey just... never turns out good. His Defense doesn't get that high, his good Attack is lower by his abysmal speed, and for some reason mine her very good Luck. Overall, mostly just there for chip damage now. Not to mention the eventual receiving of a Rusted Shield, which'll only make him worse...

TzSU65D.jpg

Absolutely fantastic as well. While he doesn't have the bulk he normally should have, his offense turned out amazing, and he should end up being an MVP.

FyvvDoN.jpgFinally, the sole Pitchfork user. And... she's great. Look at that Attack. While her Speed is a bit low for now, once that bumps up, she'll be tearing through enemies like a hot knife though butter. And with that good Res, she should be an excellent Arcanist and Cantor killer. Shame she'll have to wait on that Iron Lance.

Also... AWAY I GO TO LET'S PLAYS, uh... whoever moderates this subforum!

Edited by Emerson