So...Ships, anyone?

55 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Lukas x Me... Uh... I can have a harem ending if I want!!!

Looks like we're gonna have to learn how to share... because I support Lukas x Me as well

He's just.... he just such a nice a nd cute guy with such a sexy voice....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Doof said:

Looks like we're gonna have to learn how to share... because I support Lukas x Me as well

He's just.... he just such a nice a nd cute guy with such a sexy voice....

Yup. I got him in Heroes and was so happy. And then I got him in this game and was happier :D

Sooo... If I have him maybe Sun - Weds, you have him Weds to Sat (switching halfway over) and then I can spend the rest of my time with Saber ;) xD

So i kinda ship Tobin/Faye because they both, uh, lose in the end. Tobin is in love with Clair but Clair marries Gray. Faye is in love with Alm but Alm marries Celica.

And besides, Tobin and Faye are childhood friends so i guess it works.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i kinda ship Tobin/Faye because they both, uh, lose in the end. Tobin is in love with Clair but Clair marries Gray. Faye is in love with Alm but Alm marries Celica.

And besides, Tobin and Faye are childhood friends so i guess it works.

Y'know, I was kinda hoping that happened. Like the ending, Faye gets over Alm fully by falling in love with Tobin. I can definitely headcanon it :D

I do wish the villagers had interacted more with each other. Faye with Tobin and maybe Kliff or Gray, and Kliff with Gray or Faye... Just flesh 'em out the tiniest bit more, particularly Kliff and Faye who weren't integral to the story.

28 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I do wish the villagers had interacted more with each other. Faye with Tobin and maybe Kliff or Gray, and Kliff with Gray or Faye... Just flesh 'em out the tiniest bit more, particularly Kliff and Faye who weren't integral to the story.

Agreed. Adding to that, Kliff and Faye should've had Base Convos on Celica's route. Then there'd be reason to actually recruit them with Celica.

On the subject of ships, i kinda also ship Kliff/Linde. Kliff wanted to see the world and that journey likely took him to Archanea. So i went the extra mile and made a headcanon that he met and eventually married Linde.

Obviously, all the canon ships. So Alm/Celica, Gray/Clair, Clive/Mathilda, Zeke/Tatiana and Boey/Mae.

Other than those, I really like Jesse/Silque. Also, Sonya/Deen is a ship I ship simply because it's tragic (I blame the Gaiden manga).

The canon ships that don't really do it for me are Alm/Celica, and Boey/Mae.
I would say Clive/Mathilda don't really do it for me, I do like the dynamic, I just kind of wish it was someone who isn't Clive because I find him super boring.

I wouldn't pair them with anyone else because I would find it weird, though.

For some reason after reading the endings I'd always assumed that Kliff married Faye, for some reason. 
They were friends, and I don't think Kliff is too much of the person to care about Faye not getting over Alm.

Annnd this is why I barely stay on forums like this especially when people insult my favorite canon pairs especially when its about my favorite 2 FE lords and alot coming from this game yeah I hope this also gets buried soon....

27 minutes ago, Mell said:

Lukas and myself.
XD

Looks like Lukas is going to be kept busy then xD

That's three of us he's shipped with currently so far xD

And Clair. Because.

@Blade Lord Lyn

Oh no. People enjoy different things to you. How shocking.

Some people don't like the pairing. They've given their reasons. There's no reason to rain on anyone else's fun. You enjoy the pair... well mention it in this thread. State why. Who knows, they might see it from your pov and start thinking differently about it.

The person above just gave their negative opinion about my favourite pairing. It doesn't affect me 'cos it's their opinion. My opinion is they're great. We both gave our reasons. I appreciate it from their pov, even if I disagree.

Edited by Cute Chao

Oh yeah, i also ship all the canon pairs. While Alm/Celica is something we've seen before, i feel like it was really well done in Echoes. Part of the reason is the full voice acting. It really, really helps. 

5 hours ago, Doof said:

I can't believe I'm being shipblocked by 8-4 of all things. They were supposed to be the more faithful guys to the original script and they are all lying to me!

That's a laugh. 8-4 being faithful localizers.

thats such a good joke I spat out my water

45 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Annnd this is why I barely stay on forums like this especially when people insult my favorite canon pairs especially when its about my favorite 2 FE lords and alot coming from this game yeah I hope this also gets buried soon....

"What's this? People are having fun and discussing ships on a thread dedicated to that very topic? This is brand new information to me! Better talk down to these people so they know I'm above them."

29 minutes ago, Thane said:

"What's this? People are having fun and discussing ships on a thread dedicated to that very topic? This is brand new information to me! Better talk down to these people so they know I'm above them."

To be fair I thought this would be whining about boat maps because I was half asleep.

in other words I thought this would be a conversation about literal ships at first

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Looks like Lukas is going to be kept busy then xD

That's three of us he's shipped with currently so far xD

And Clair. Because.

Yaaah! I dont mind sharing, thou~

I think Alm/Celica is really well written in the game. Hope im not going too far for linking Luthier/Clair

Alm and Celica is a completely terrible pairing IMO.

They liked each other as kids sure but then they don't meet for years and still maintained that crush? And then they barely see each other for half the game. I totally don't buy that relationship at all. Meanwhile Alm's spent a lot of time with Clair and Saber probably would have seduced Celica. Those are far more realistic couplings that would have naturally developed.

I love the characters in this game but I feel they really did a pisspoor job with the story.

1 hour ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

That's a laugh. 8-4 being faithful localizers.

thats such a good joke I spat out my water

what kind of nonsense is this?

did 8-4 arbitrarily change character names because they didn't like the way the original names sounded? No. Treehouse is garbage and always will be. 8-4 is the best localization firm on the goddamn planet. learn what a localization actually is before you go spouting this filth.

Edited by bufkus

I just overall hate almost all gay ships, I guess. I mean, 90% of them are made by people who have no idea that two guys can just be friends. I don't see anything romantic between Python and Forsyth. I saw a great, platonic friendship. Sure, Python calls guys studs sometimes, but that just is like calling someone "cool". Plus, Forsyth even ends up marrying a woman in one of his endings, so I don't think he is gay at least. I won't argue that Leon isn't gay though. He totally is. I still don't ship Valbar and Leon, though. To me, its unwarranted love like Faye and Alm.

59 minutes ago, bufkus said:

did 8-4 arbitrarily change character names because they didn't like the way the original names sounded? No.

Naesala the "evil swan king", "Exalted" Falchion, the "Exalts", and the "evil swans" who burned down serenes forest all say hi.

Sounds more like you need to learn your lore and find out how badly they fucked Awakening up, particularly when it comes to Tellius stuff. Character names mean jack all when the plot is fucked.

Treehouse is guilty of the same shit so don't construe it like that. One example is how they removed the confirmation that Corrin reincarnates into Kris and Robin and made it into subtext. Same shit, different assholes, that's all it is.

Just now, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Naesala the "evil swan king", "Exalted" Falchion, the "Exalts", and the "evil swans" who burned down serenes forest all say hi.

Sounds more like you need to learn your lore and find out how badly they fucked Awakening up, particularly when it comes to Tellius stuff. Character names mean jack all when the plot is fucked.

Treehouse is guilty of the same shit so don't construe it like that. One example is how they removed the confirmation that Corrin reincarnates into Kris and Robin and made it into subtext. Same shit, different assholes, that's all it is.

Wow, you are right! 8-4 is immediately one of the worst localization companies because they messed up 0.1% of the script! Thank you for opening our eyes to this huge issue!

Celica x Saber as a pairing doesn't really sit well with me. There's the big age gap but their lifestyles also don't really seem compatible with each other. Saber would hate being king and Celica wouldn't be into the mercenary life either. Going by his supports Saber isn't going to say goodbye to the mercenary life and Celica will be queen of Sophia

I do agree that Alm and Celica really needed some more time together but I buy their feelings for each other. Its still clear the two are very devoted to each other.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

45 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Wow, you are right! 8-4 is immediately one of the worst localization companies because they messed up 0.1% of the script! Thank you for opening our eyes to this huge issue!

Oh I can go on. Chrom and Sumia's dialogue was changed from actual meaningful conversation into one giant joke about pies. Walhart's support convos with Morgan got completely butchered to make Walhart into an asshole when he flat out isn't in the Japanese version, Henry got his entire character changed to start making jokes when he was just a sort of aloof character in the Japanese version, certain places like Tellius got insinuated to be outrealms when they're just flat out across the ocean in the Japanese version (this is big because it's one of the central sources of continuity), they completely removed an entire silent option for the avatar which resulted in Chrom getting less overall dialogue than the Japanese version, Lissa is supposedly alive in the future when she's 100% dead in the original text, which manages to cause a continuity issue because later on her being dead is a major plot point, there's even a few memes tucked into support convos that were hopelessly dated even when Awakening first released....

I could go on and on and on but id rather not have a wall of text, and the major issues Fates gets called out for all get ticked off by Awakening's localization, yet people don't seem to actually acknowledge that fact.