Any Xenoblade Chronicles lovers out there?

DisobeyedCargo

Xenoblade is by far my favorite game of all time, and I love talking about it, my only problem being that nobody knows what the crap I'm talking about. I would love to discuss this game with anyone about anything of it, be it the characters, story, the upcoming sequel, battle strategies, or what We personally love about the game. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Xenoblade is by far my favorite game of all time, and I love talking about it, my only problem being that nobody knows what the crap I'm talking about. I would love to discuss this game with anyone about anything of it, be it the characters, story, the upcoming sequel, battle strategies, or what We personally love about the game. 

I quite liked the game when I played it a few years back, Dunban is my favorite character, gotta love him. 

I just hope evasion tanking isn't quite as op in 2, although XCX toned it down a bit iirc.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I quite liked the game when I played it a few years back, Dunban is my favorite character, gotta love him. 

I just hope evasion tanking isn't quite as op in 2, although XCX toned it down a bit iirc.

Dunban is amazing, but I personally liked Riki more. The little puffball is quite sweet at times. Dodge tanking is quite OP, but it was still quite fun to pull off.

Seven, on the other hand, was by far the most op in my opinion. You had Max haste on seven's armor, skill linked to dunban for all doubles to be Crits, and a skill for all crits to heal you for 2 percent health, second highest speed (like three behind dunban I think), and SPEED SHIFT! She was OP, but still way to fun to pass up

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Dunban is amazing, but I personally liked Riki more. The little puffball is quite sweet at times. Dodge tanking is quite OP, but it was still quite fun to pull off.

Seven, on the other hand, was by far the most op in my opinion. You had Max haste on seven's armor, skill linked to dunban for all doubles to be Crits, and a skill for all crits to heal you for 2 percent health, second highest speed (like three behind dunban I think), and SPEED SHIFT! She was OP, but still way to fun to pass up

Yeah Seven's skills adding onto like a team of them Shulk & Dunban also put tons of chain attacks into the equation as well, which was hilarious.

Also I loved Melia's starlight kick abuse. 

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah Seven's skills adding onto like a team of them Shulk & Dunban also put tons of chain attacks into the equation as well, which was hilarious.

Also I loved Melia's starlight kick abuse. 

Final cross all the way. The animation is awesome, but forced topple is really what sells it despite its absurdly long charge time and high tension requirement., start chain, final cross, more topple, fill gauge, repeat until dead. 

I played it to the end (plus I recently beat XCX). I admit to falling into the Sharla trap. And I should've tackled the final boss before doing the 5th skill trees which require grinding to the point where the final boss will be cake (Reyn, Melia, Riki, and Seven, with Reyn's being the easiest of the bunch, Seven's being the hardest). Being overleveled destroyed the epicness and difficulty of the final battle. I never got around to the level 100+ superbosses, though I made plenty of top tier gems.

The game was wonderful. A creatively designed world, a top tier soundtrack (Once We Part Ways is underrated), decent characters, very solid gameplay. And it's fair to call it the one game where Tetsuya Takahashi reined in his "Lucasian ambitions" and settled with a less ambitious plot.

I also liked that all the characters were distinct and very usable. In particular I loved Melia: the Element Summon/Discharge mechanic made her both an awesome supporter and a deadly powerful mage at the same time. I wish Sharla had been handled like Melia a bit more, as is she is a little too monolithically a healer.

One thing I liked was the evolution of the perceived villain.

Spoiler

In the Sword Valley Prologue, the Mechon are a mysterious faceless horde. By the end of the events in Colony 9, we now get a "Face" for the Mechon, though they remain mysterious. Bionis's Leg/Colony 6/Ether Mines gives us another face and this time makes it speak, removing an element of mystery from the Mechon. And we see more faces and realize they're not exactly few in number and we get the original Face speaking to us at the very end of this arc, again removing mystery, and also suggesting at something bigger.

The next thing we get is the not-Vierge (to reference Xenogears) which is fairly peaceful. We also get scenes (the Vanea-Nemesis ones) that scream something is behind the Mechon, but by these scenes alone we haven't much of an idea of what exactly it is. They taunt us with talk of things we cannot understand.

Then Prison Island hits (after some diversions from the main goal in Satorl, Makna, and Erthys), and bam! our perceptions of the villain are radically changed just as Shulk deals a long-awaited blow to the enemy he hates with all his heart and thinks he knows so well.

At last we get a look at the real head honcho of the Mechon (albeit only in his armor) at Valak Mountains. The aura of mystery around Metal Face is finally undone in full. While I feel Mumkhar could have been killed off at Valak, Sword Valley, the place where you first encountered Mumkhar, was just as good. His death was perfectly timed, the plot had outgrown him, and it was time to drop the guy who had been bothering you since Colony 9. 

The trip up the Fallen Arm and Mechonis gradually flesh out this almighty Egil guy who is the leader of the Mechon, while also prepping you for the revelations of Mechonis Core. The final revelations in the final battle/ending have little buildup, and the whole "Zanza was just afraid of growing lonely when the lifeforms of Bionis and Mechonis left" was little eh but overall I felt they were good.

I wish the game got an HD port, with the glaring level scaling issue fixed. Upgrading to HDMI made the game much uglier (long after I beat it in beautiful SD though). And I'd like playable Vanea too- she was going to be playable with a whip it seems originally. Plus and an explorable Bionis Left Shoulder- why oh why did it have to be left in tantalizingly unfinished? Link to a video of the Left Shoulder in case you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I played it to the end (plus I recently beat XCX). I admit to falling into the Sharla trap. And I should've tackled the final boss before doing the 5th skill trees which require grinding to the point where the final boss will be cake (Reyn, Melia, Riki, and Seven, with Reyn's being the easiest of the bunch, Seven's being the hardest). Being overleveled destroyed the epicness and difficulty of the final battle. I never got around to the level 100+ superbosses, though I made plenty of top tier gems.

The game was wonderful. A creatively designed world, a top tier soundtrack (Once We Part Ways is underrated), decent characters, very solid gameplay. And it's fair to call it the one game where Tetsuya Takahashi reined in his "Lucasian ambitions" and settled with a less ambitious plot.

I also liked that all the characters were distinct and very usable. In particular I loved Melia: the Element Summon/Discharge mechanic made her both an awesome supporter and a deadly powerful mage at the same time. I wish Sharla had been handled like Melia a bit more, as is she is a little too monolithically a healer.

One thing I liked was the evolution of the perceived villain.

Hide contents

In the Sword Valley Prologue, the Mechon are a mysterious faceless horde. By the end of the events in Colony 9, we now get a "Face" for the Mechon, though they remain mysterious. Bionis's Leg/Colony 6/Ether Mines gives us another face and this time makes it speak, removing an element of mystery from the Mechon. And we see more faces and realize they're not exactly few in number and we get the original Face speaking to us at the very end of this arc, again removing mystery, and also suggesting at something bigger.

The next thing we get is the not-Vierge (to reference Xenogears) which is fairly peaceful. We also get scenes (the Vanea-Nemesis ones) that scream something is behind the Mechon, but by these scenes alone we haven't much of an idea of what exactly it is. They taunt us with talk of things we cannot understand.

Then Prison Island hits (after some diversions from the main goal in Satorl, Makna, and Erthys), and bam! our perceptions of the villain are radically changed just as Shulk deals a long-awaited blow to the enemy he hates with all his heart and thinks he knows so well.

At last we get a look at the real head honcho of the Mechon (albeit only in his armor) at Valak Mountains. The aura of mystery around Metal Face is finally undone in full. While I feel Mumkhar could have been killed off at Valak, Sword Valley, the place where you first encountered Mumkhar, was just as good. His death was perfectly timed, the plot had outgrown him, and it was time to drop the guy who had been bothering you since Colony 9. 

The trip up the Fallen Arm and Mechonis gradually flesh out this almighty Egil guy who is the leader of the Mechon, while also prepping you for the revelations of Mechonis Core. The final revelations in the final battle/ending have little buildup, and the whole "Zanza was just afraid of growing lonely when the lifeforms of Bionis and Mechonis left" was little eh but overall I felt they were good.

I wish the game got an HD port, with the glaring level scaling issue fixed. Upgrading to HDMI made the game much uglier (long after I beat it in beautiful SD though). And I'd like playable Vanea too- she was going to be playable with a whip it seems originally. Plus and an explorable Bionis Left Shoulder- why oh why did it have to be left in tantalizingly unfinished? Link to a video of the Left Shoulder in case you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY

I've seen the left shoulder before, but I could say as to why they left it in. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't zanza need the Homs to stay on the planet so he could reclaim their ether?

my favorite area was probably the fallen arm and sword valley/Galahad fortress, you can't beat those themes, and who doesn't love mechanical rythym!

I had no idea that vanea had plans to be playable, I think that Dickson was going to be playable outside of certain fights due to audio cues of for certain scenarios and possibly mumkhar as well ( might have them backwards). One character I would love to see playable is Kallian even for just one fight. Other than Shulk, I say that he is the hero of the story, and that music that plays when he leads the forces to invade Galahad fortress is awesome.

I also love how you can go to basically any are shown in a cutscene and if you can see it, you can go to it most of the time.

zanza's arc did feel a bit rushed, but I was still satisfied. The overall rushed feeling of the final arc emphasizes that you are literally standing against a god and your literal home. You are out of your league and are outmatched, quickly losing and all hope is fading fast, you need to act fast or risk losing literally everything you know and love.

I've played half or less of XBC and I enjoyed it, it reminds me a lot of the Tales series and I usually love RPG's with a good story. From my experience with the game, it was really fun and I binge played it a lot.

The Xenoblade Franchise is pretty amazing though, even though I'm not to big on it, I'm still hyped for 2 and I can't wait, the graphics are A.O.K.

I would consider myself a fan.

11 minutes ago, Shigure said:

I've played half or less of XBC and I enjoyed it, it reminds me a lot of the Tales series and I usually love RPG's with a good story. From my experience with the game, it was really fun and I binge played it a lot.

The Xenoblade Franchise is pretty amazing though, even though I'm not to big on it, I'm still hyped for 2 and I can't wait, the graphics are A.O.K.

I would consider myself a fan.

Where exactly are you in Xenoblade Chronicles, for curiosity's sake? And what have you enjoyed most about the game so far. For me, it was the amazing scenery, the music, and the battle format. Fun fact, Xenoblade Chronicles was originally going to be Turn-Based, but switched to real time combat due to how they placed enemies on the over world 

23 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Where exactly are you in Xenoblade Chronicles, for curiosity's sake? And what have you enjoyed most about the game so far. For me, it was the amazing scenery, the music, and the battle format. Fun fact, Xenoblade Chronicles was originally going to be Turn-Based, but switched to real time combat due to how they placed enemies on the over world 

I think I was last at the part where that one kid got stolen by one of the mechonis and his sister joined your party, I think it was JuJu or something so it was like early game.

and yes, the scenery and the music are amazing, the landscapes are so beautiful. I enjoy the real time combat a lot as again, reminds me of Tales.

I also enjoy games with a nice cast that are well developed, I think Shulk developed with his friends and ended up being a pretty popular character.

4 minutes ago, Shigure said:

I think I was last at the part where that one kid got stolen by one of the mechonis and his sister joined your party, I think it was JuJu or something so it was like early game.

and yes, the scenery and the music are amazing, the landscapes are so beautiful. I enjoy the real time combat a lot as again, reminds me of Tales.

I also enjoy games with a nice cast that are well developed, I think Shulk developed with his friends and ended up being a pretty popular character.

Yeah your still in the early game. Shulk did end up popular enough to warrant admission into smash 4, but I would love to see other characters. 

Also this is a tip, experiment with different team combinations, a lot of people (myself included) solely used the Shulk Reyn Sharla team the entire time because of the massive heals it provides. It's by no means a bad combination, but it gets boring using the same three team members and some of the other battles can take so long with one character primarily focused on healing. I'm not saying that the combo is bad, but experiment with the different party members you get later in the game and don't be afraid to try out a new combo. There is literally no penalty for dying in this game so feel free to go crazy

I eventually became a big fan, but my first memory of the game was picking it up, playing an hour and then dropping it for years after that. I wasn't too experienced with jrpg's at the time and Xenoblade did so many things that it felt a bit intimidating at first.

After Smash 4 I decided to put it in again and since then I've played the game all the way to the end. The gameplay was great when I finally got myself into it and I especially liked the great (and cheesy) voice acting with the dynamic cutscenes.

My team was usually the Shulk/Dunban/Reyn team because Dunban/Reyn where pretty good at tanking the enemy and I remember the team working well with chain attacks. I occasionally swapped them out for a Melia/Sharla/Riki team. Poor Seven went almost unused though. I heard she was good, but I already had my teams ready at the time.

5 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I eventually became a big fan, but my first memory of the game was picking it up, playing an hour and then dropping it for years after that. I wasn't too experienced with jrpg's at the time and Xenoblade did so many things that it felt a bit intimidating at first.

After Smash 4 I decided to put it in again and since then I've played the game all the way to the end. The gameplay was great when I finally got myself into it and I especially liked the great (and cheesy) voice acting with the dynamic cutscenes.

My team was usually the Shulk/Dunban/Reyn team because Dunban/Reyn where pretty good at tanking the enemy and I remember the team working well with chain attacks. I occasionally swapped them out for a Melia/Sharla/Riki team. Poor Seven went almost unused though. I heard she was good, but I already had my teams ready at the time.

Really good to know you enjoyed the game! I actually picked it up randomly because I picked up a new 3ds, and now it's my favorite game of all time. During my most recent playthrough, I 100% the game and I constantly changed up my team because I loved the entire roster.

and yes Seven is amazing, armor that grants you near max haste for faster auto attacks, a skill that turns all double attacks into crits, skill linked to dunban for a skill to heal 3 percent health for each crit, Speed Shift boosting crit or haste (forgot which) AND double attack rate, the second highest base agility in the game (Three lower than Dunban IIRC), AND A FORCED TOPPLE! 

Meila is definitely one of the best party members to have in a chain attack, just be shure to control her in the party so you can choose what element she summons and hold on to them. Her summon command as her main form of attack allows her to fit into any color art in a chain attack with ease, and three summon bolts just does so much damage. Also starlight kick abuse is a cool thing.

I absolutely love Xenoblade Chronicles (especially Dunban :D ). The voice acting, the visuals, the playstyle... it had everything I like in a game. 

I just can't get into Chronicles X... I just can't seem to get round the auto-battle system enough to actually get into it at all. I wish they'd kept the battle system of the first one, honestly. If I remember correctly (it's been a while), that was more like the Tales series. I want to get into Chronicles X so I will try it again, eventually ^.^''

I was sad they removed the British voice acting for the second, too :(

36 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I absolutely love Xenoblade Chronicles (especially Dunban :D ). The voice acting, the visuals, the playstyle... it had everything I like in a game. 

I just can't get into Chronicles X... I just can't seem to get round the auto-battle system enough to actually get into it at all. I wish they'd kept the battle system of the first one, honestly. If I remember correctly (it's been a while), that was more like the Tales series. I want to get into Chronicles X so I will try it again, eventually ^.^''

I was sad they removed the British voice acting for the second, too :(

X was more of a spiritual successor, not a sequel, so it makes sense for it to feel different. When you take in the whole Xeno series as a whole, there are references to past games, but the creator likes to change things in between games, changing up the formula to make new and interesting creations. Also, I believe you could select your voice on he avatar maker menu, and I think it included the voice actor of Shulk, Adam Howden. Correct me if I am wrong though, I have not played X. Xenoblade Chronicles included the European voice actors because IIRC, we got the localized European version. It took around two years for this one fan project to get XC over to America, and I don't remember their being an American localization team. The voice acting definitely helped it to stand out though.

19 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

X was more of a spiritual successor, not a sequel, so it makes sense for it to feel different. When you take in the whole Xeno series as a whole, there are references to past games, but the creator likes to change things in between games, changing up the formula to make new and interesting creations. Also, I believe you could select your voice on he avatar maker menu, and I think it included the voice actor of Shulk, Adam Howden. Correct me if I am wrong though, I have not played X. Xenoblade Chronicles included the European voice actors because IIRC, we got the localized European version. It took around two years for this one fan project to get XC over to America, and I don't remember their being an American localization team. The voice acting definitely helped it to stand out though.

I meant for all the characters. It was just so nice to hear ^.^ 

Ahhh, I've only played the two, so I didn't know. I hope they change it again for the next one... I really hate auto-battle -.-

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I meant for all the characters. It was just so nice to hear ^.^ 

Ahhh, I've only played the two, so I didn't know. I hope they change it again for the next one... I really hate auto-battle -.-

I have only played XC one, what about the style system is so different in XCX? From what I have seen, they look pretty similar

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I have only played XC one, what about the style system is so different in XCX? From what I have seen, they look pretty similar

Unless I'm completely misremembering, and just happened to really like auto-battle the first time, in XC, it plays like Tales, where you control the main character for all his actions - normal attacks, specials, etc. 

In XCX, the character continuously attacks or shoots and I believe you choose the specials, although I really don't understand half of what's going on when I'm trying to fight in it. It's always possible I was in the wrong mindset, but I just remember really struggling with it -.-

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Unless I'm completely misremembering, and just happened to really like auto-battle the first time, in XC, it plays like Tales, where you control the main character for all his actions - normal attacks, specials, etc. 

In XCX, the character continuously attacks or shoots and I believe you choose the specials, although I really don't understand half of what's going on when I'm trying to fight in it. It's always possible I was in the wrong mindset, but I just remember really struggling with it -.-

Hmm, may have to check it out then. On a different note, what would you say is you favorite XC monument and song?

5 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Hmm, may have to check it out then. On a different note, what would you say is you favorite XC monument and song?

Sorry, it's been a while since I played the game >.< What do you mean by monument? Is it area or discovery? 

For songs, I tend to like the soundtrack as a whole. I don't tend to pay as much attention to individual scores.

I remember just playing it for the first time and that great feeling with discovering a new area. And making the connections between people with every quest. Watching that connection tree grow was such a good feeling. I really need to try getting back into XCX since they kept that, and I know it'll be good once I manage lol

A long time ago, I struggled even with action based battling like Tales. If I can get really into that, I can get really into this ^.^

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Sorry, it's been a while since I played the game >.< What do you mean by monument? Is it area or discovery? 

For songs, I tend to like the soundtrack as a whole. I don't tend to pay as much attention to individual scores.

I remember just playing it for the first time and that great feeling with discovering a new area. And making the connections between people with every quest. Watching that connection tree grow was such a good feeling. I really need to try getting back into XCX since they kept that, and I know it'll be good once I manage lol

A long time ago, I struggled even with action based battling like Tales. If I can get really into that, I can get really into this ^.^

Whoops, I meant to type moment, but it autocorrected to monument lol!

as for me, I also love the soundtrack as a whole, but I gravitate towards a few. Namely Mechanical rythym (first hearing this in Galahad fortress was amazing!), Sword Valley, Fallen Arm, One who gets in out way, among others.

my favorite moment, is in the spoiler section

Spoiler

The part where you first find out that Fiora is indeed alive and for me personally, when you find out it's Mumkhar that was metal face and when he mets his demise. I actually forgot what his voice sounded like so it was a total surprise to me. But if I had to choose one, it would be the moment Kalian led the Allied Bionis forces against Galahad fortress, Kalian was definitey the background hero and that speech man

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I get this. You have much more freedom in building your avatar character in XCX than you do in building anyone in plain old Xenoblade Chronicles, but it takes much time to unlock that customization, and even more time getting your mind wrapped around and learning the nuances of the gameplay. Not to say Xenoblade Chronicles isn't deep, but it is definitely friendlier to the player.

I've just reached the postgame with plans to 100% the Mira survey. And while I do want to make Attribute/Elemental Boost builds for my MC and everyone else, the grind looks to be too extreme. I'm not even sure if I can bother with getting the super Skell, much less beat all the superbosses, as I'm finding collecting the materials for my first Arts: TP Gain XX augment tedious enough.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get this. You have much more freedom in building your avatar character in XCX than you do in building anyone in plain old Xenoblade Chronicles, but it takes much time to unlock that customization, and even more time getting your mind wrapped around and learning the nuances of the gameplay. Not to say Xenoblade Chronicles isn't deep, but it is definitely friendlier to the player.

I've just reached the postgame with plans to 100% the Mira survey. And while I do want to make Attribute/Elemental Boost builds for my MC and everyone else, the grind looks to be too extreme. I'm not even sure if I can bother with getting the super Skell, much less beat all the superbosses, as I'm finding collecting the materials for my first Arts: TP Gain XX augment tedious enough.

A lot of the quests in XC were like that, get version amount material, give this to this person, but they had their fair share of unique quests. And the super bosses in XC were fairly easy with proper preparation, but were hard if you just walked right in. ancient Daedala and Avalanche Abbasy in particular, since the former is a mechon and the latter has an instant death counter spike, can only be fought at knight, and has respectable agility for a monster, and is level 120

My relationship with Xenoblade Chronicles was a strange one.

I knew about Xenoblade Chronicles way before smash bros.  I got the game quite a number of years back and have played it for about 30 hours and while I enjoyed it....I just...stopped...I don't know.  Something about it felt off for me.  But I will give it that the atmosphere, the adventure and the game is a lot of fun and I did enjoy the game once I did get into the momentum and it took me about 4 years to finally beat the game.  The areas are pretty unique to look at the dialogues are great and there are lots of things that I love about the game.

However I still have a lot of problems with the original.  Part of the problem I have with the original game was the game was level dependant.  It's not stat dependant as the stats in your screen was kind of a lie.  For example, if you're 5 levels under you can't hit anything at all but once you're 4 levels under the setup and strategies you can apply into combat becomes really easy.  Which personally I find it one of the biggest design flaws of the game.  Yes there are 30 under level runthroughs but they aren't something that I have the time to research or invest.  The sidequests majority of them were either boring, not worth the investment or was just there.  There are a few that give some nice little rewards and hints but overall, the structure was kind of placed there.  The beginning of the game's map design was great but as time went on, the map really started feeling really half assed and just plain linear boring.  It definitely felt like the developer ran out of the time and just made everything a hallway at about the 50% mark of the game.  something I didn't like all too well

The characters, I know I'm getting a flak for this but I really did not care for any of the main casts.  Dunban was the only one of the group that I really liked and loved for the majority of the game.  However Shulk while I thought was great in the beginning as the story progressed, I started not liking him more and more.  I really don't know why....I really wanted to love these characters but the majority of them did not do anything for me.  It's also the reason why I probably didn't enjoy the story as much as everyone says they did.  I actually legitimately tried my best to keep awake but majority of the time I was half asleep.  I'm not saying the story is bad but it was definitely not to my personal taste.  DIdn't help the fact I was constantly looking at the time and noticing it's been past 20 mins in some cases when a cutscene ran.

I do like the game but it wasn't something I would consider the greatest JRPG to ever grasp that I always hear everyone talked about.

Xenoblade Chronicles X though was a completely different beast for me and I've became a crazed fanboy of the game it was kind of insane.  I don't know why but I really really really loved this game over XC.

I loved the sidequest, I loved the story, I loved the lore, I loved the characters and I especially loved the world of Mira.  Every moment I wanted to explore one specific area to another and I continously wanted to keep going that I played the game almost every single day.  Open world design has always been my favourite part of games and XCX honestly surpassed my expectations way more than the original game.

The big thing that I loved was the sidequests in the game.  The sidequests are the main attraction of the game. There are so many nice events, lots of lore explained and the amount of characters you interact with each Xenos are just wonderful.  I loved the game so much I actually 100% the dang thing.  The gameplay is just so much fun from explorations, to combat, the amount of options and the amount of things to were great that I never gotten bored throughout my 200 hour adventure.

The characters are the most relateable to me because they deal with a lot of their inner demons and special party members get their own sidequests when you use them enough and that's something I really appreciate.  For example if you build affinity with Hope you learn that she has a certain demon inside her that she's only doing the nice things because she wants attention and she feels that people will judge her for doing all this.  There are a lot of nice themes that each character deals with and the choices you make in the sidequests and some cutscenes affect a lot of the outcomes.  One example, is that you'll see Elma is your usual calm, collective and laidback colonel but when Irina gets into a fist fight and you chose not intervene, the Elma you thought where she would try and stop a fight is willing to get into a street fight for her friends.  It's those small details that I really love and enjoy.

Are there flaws?  Yeah..most of them are stuff like fetch quests and the grind can be a bit of a nuisance.  Skell combat could use a bit of tweaks and the online system was kind of half assed.  But overall, I loved Xenoblade Chronicles X and I look forward to a sequel of it.

Edited by kingddd